Zelda U E3 Predictions - Call it Before It Happens

Captain Karnage

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you can't find hearts anymore, but rather you recover health from eating resources...

That's very interesting!

And the game's plot show promise.

Apparently the Kingdom of Hyrule has fallen into decay.

Maybe the castle is in ruins?

Hyrule falling into decay and the Koroks appearing supports my new theory that this game is the most recent in the timeline. I came up with it when I saw the old and beat-up looking title and Master Sword.

This Master Sword is even more beat up than the one we see in ALttP, man. Koroks didn't appear until TWW, which is like in the middle of the timeline. And they were planting the Deku Tree's seeds to expand the land, which would take a LONG time. And look how vast Breath of the Wild's Hyrule is.

Oh yeah, there's the presence of tech as well, though we also saw ancient tech in SS, so that's not really as reliable a hint.

Edited by Anacybele

My question is, is what Hyrule even is this? Koroks were in Wind Waker, where Hyrule was sunk beneath the sea, and I'm somehow skeptical of the Temple of Time somehow being relocated to Spirit Track's Hyrule.

Also, I'm really sad. =< Seeing the Temple of Time in such a ruined state...it's also pretty sad knowing that Hyrule is in a state of decline.

Also, I'm really sad. =< Seeing the Temple of Time in such a ruined state...it's also pretty sad knowing that Hyrule is in a state of decline.

I'm guessing you didn't play TP? The Temple of Time was in ruins here too. It's not new. :P

EDIT: Meant TP, sorry.

Edited by Anacybele

I am hyped for this. The plot shows a lot of promise as a distant-future sequel to either the first entry or possibly The Wind Waker depending on how much the Koroks mean.

If it's in the Decline Timeline, well, the world's already well on its way to ruin there. I guess after the Link from the first game died, the minions of Ganon resurrected him, and threw the world even further into chaos, maybe. But it seems that this Link was sealed away for quite some time, so maybe he's amnesiac and one we've already met.

For Adult timeline, well, that's a bit trickier, but my guess is someone drained the ocean... somehow. That also goes further to explain the rusty Master Sword, it was under the Ocean for years, depowered because Medli and Makar were no longer in the Temples.

Now that I think about it, open world is fine.

But not this open world. The idea of killing defenseless animals is disgusting, considering the buffalo we saw get killed and the bird that had a targeting icon over it.

There are ways to do open world without it being literally Skyrim or something. Look at Xenoblade X. It never devolved into resource survival simulation

And the Shrine of Resurrection scene looks like something from a movie. I like the woman's voice, but I am opposed to full voice acting in Zelda no matter what. Link seemingly can't be named which is insane.

The only thing that can save this game is Linkle, but the outfits means Linkle likely isn't happening. I like the idea of Koroks, so hopefully the bird people who I forgot the name of comes back. I was actually going to keep an open mind but lol

I'm guessing you didn't play TP? The Temple of Time was in ruins here too. It's not new. :P

EDIT: Meant TP, sorry.

I played TP. I've beaten it, including with the Ganondorf Amiibo. But I wasn't entirely as sad there as I am here. Maybe it's because I focused more on the fact that I could restore it temporarily going in the time portal to it. Here...

I was watching the trailer again, and it looks like you can customize Link this time!

You can see him wearing different clothes, such as a green shirt or an armor!

But not this open world. The idea of killing defenseless animals is disgusting, considering the buffalo we saw get killed and the bird that had a targeting icon over it.

You're joking, right?

Ever heard of survival?

Edited by Water Mage

Do we only have one trailer so far? I've been studying in the library all day so I don't know what I've missed.

Personally, I'm not sold. It's big and pretty, but that usually means something else has been sacrificed. I'm a bit iffy when it comes to open world games.

I was watching the trailer again, and it looks like you can customize Link this time!

You can see him wearing different clothes, such as a green shirt or an armor!

You're joking, right?

Ever heard of survival?

The survival aspect is what's so bad. I'm like actually completely annoyed by this

If I ever actually play this game I would only eat apples and other fruit

and I wouldn't cut down trees or burn brush because I'm not a destructive person

The survival aspect is what's so bad. I'm like actually completely annoyed by this

If I ever actually play this game I would only eat apples and other fruit

and I wouldn't cut down trees or burn brush because I'm not a destructive person

...So, what? You didn't burn any of the spiderwebs or cut down any trees and junk in Zelda?

So excited this looks incredible, I love all the Zelda games, but it's nice to see Zelda come back to it Roots. This is the breath of fresh air Zelda needed, and that's coming from someone who loves skyward sword. Zelda was in serious danger of stagnating if it didn't shake things up and that's what this does. This Zelda game feels entirely it's own in a way Zelda hasn't felt since Wind Waker, i'm so happy to see it craving it's own identity rather than living in the shadow of its predecessors.

Koroks: good

everything else: elder scrolls and not Zelda/10

actually really annoyed right now

Have an open mind you may be pleasantly surprised at what you will enjoy... You know it wouldn't kill you to step outside your comfort zone.

I saw many things that looked like stuff in TP but there is stuff from WW and stuff that reminds me of SS as well, I have no idea what timeline this is going to be in at all and I will just wait for Nintendo to tell me. I like the way this game looks and I am really liking the voice acting and it looks like they are doing it right in that what Link says is up to the player. I am trying to be positive about this because I need something to look forward to because my real life is really bad right now and Zelda has gotten me through many bad times in the past, the only thing I can say is the fan base is going to complain about this game until the next Zelda game comes out like it always does. I am going to look forward to and enjoy this game when it comes out and I say the haters can just not play the game.

I am going to look forward to and enjoy this game when it comes out and I say the haters can just not play the game.

The thing is, the haters are still going to play it, and if they hate it, they hate it, even though they'll go through it a second time. I just hope that this game has Hero Mode like Skyrim Legendary. Not necessarily for casual me, but for people who like their games ball-bustingly difficult.