Why can't Corrin/Kaumi always turn into a dragon?

Liliesgrace

I just wondering about something that puzzled me with Corrin's setup and didn't know if any explanation had been given. Corrin's ability to turn into a dragon is blood based/hereditary correct? So why is it that when he/she changes classes to anything besides Hoshidan/Nohr Noble they can no longer use dragonstones/transform?

Like it was before, it's more of gameplay thing.

The same question could be applied to Kaden and Keaton.

Why can't they transform regardless of the class they are in?

The anwser:

It's how the gameplay is.

I hadn't thought of Kaden and Keaton as well. Dragonstones aren't too awesome in this game anyway due to not having a 1-2 range, but since they're magic and that hurts more I've found on all three routes I just kinda wondered. I'm happy though that the upgraded Yato gives you the stat boosts by just being in your inventory instead of equipped since most of the classes I like to be in don't have sword usage.

Would be funny if a Sky Knight turned into a dragon while being on the pegasus.

That would be a pretty hilarious scenario. I just feel it's a bit unfair then to how Corrin weak to Wyrmslayers and their children as well if they can't transform and aren't in the class itself.

You forget that people can just magically forget how to use basically any weapon if you re class them so its definitely not a strange thing by fire emblem standards it just balances gameplay

Because quite frankly, IS didn't realize how amazing a concept that is, and it took freaking Sakurai putting Corrin into Smash 4 to actually flesh out the "turning into a dragon" mechanic.

Obvious sarcasm is obvious, but this is why I like to headcanon Corrin having her Smash abilities during the story.

Same thing with his Dragon Fang, as long as he is not in a noble class he won't transform parts of his body into dragon while using this skill.

I never noticed that particular tidbit. I'll need to watch close next time I get it to activate.

All Dragon Fang on a non Noble class does is make the bubble effect. I see it a lot because I usually end as a Dread Fighter.

• 6 months later...

Corrin uses his Noble armor to transform into a dragon. Like it's an actual part of him and you can see this when he transforms, which leads to the question, where did the armor come from? How did corrin and kana get the armor that merges with them to become a dragon? Was it birthed out? How is a vagina that durable?