FE6xna

Chocolate Kitty

Based on the new CH9 teased I'm imagine there's more.

On that subject I think it would also be a good idea if some of the bigger maps were split into two as well. Such as CH21 (First map a defend against Gale and his flood of Wyverns -- then a second that's the standard siege against Murdock). I think Gale just deserves to be a main boss rather than a secondary one as well.

An extra map inside the Dragon shrine would be nice as well (splitting Yahn's map or just reworking it altogether).

And while it's doubtful (not sure what Skitty is planning -- spoilers?), there's potential for a Roy/Guinevere split for Ilia/Sacae just so it makes sense that you retrieve both the respective legendary weapons. Rather than someone like Yodel just conventionally getting it. You would split your army like FE10 does in part 4. If that were the case, might be a good idea to cut out a chapter on both sides though.

Plus it makes sense that Roy would actually want to go to both territories and not just one. Why would he liberate just one at the flip of a coin? He can't be at who places at once -- but why couldn't he send someone powerful like Percival/Douglas/Jerrot (with an army at hand) to take the other side?

There are more chapters, currently I think 3 are planned?(not including interludes)

No comment on anything past ch13x(the old 12x), simply because I haven't gotten that far when it comes to balancing(I don't even have the bosses added in fexna yet)

However, when it comes to sacae vs ilia... there is a reason he would go to one and not the other; time. The length of time those chapters take in real time would be more than enough for zephiel to finish up whatever preparations he's been sitting on for idoun to destroy everything. I've juggled the idea of a split, as well as the fe6 convenient method of "it fixed itself!", but nothing solid as of yet.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are more chapters, currently I think 3 are planned?(not including interludes)

No comment on anything past ch13x(the old 12x), simply because I haven't gotten that far when it comes to balancing(I don't even have the bosses added in fexna yet)

However, when it comes to sacae vs ilia... there is a reason he would go to one and not the other; time. The length of time those chapters take in real time would be more than enough for zephiel to finish up whatever preparations he's been sitting on for idoun to destroy everything. I've juggled the idea of a split, as well as the fe6 convenient method of "it fixed itself!", but nothing solid as of yet.

I addressed the time thing by saying that even though Roy can't be two places at once, he can just send Percival/Douglas/Jerrot (with an Etruian army or some of Roy's own troops) and it would make a lot of sense. It's hard to actually justify going to only one from a story perspective. You've liberated Ostia, the Western Isles and Etruia (and Pheraen troops by default). Naturally, a potential army of this stature would split.

Otherwise Roy is basically saying "Oh, looks like we we don't have enough time to get both Legendary weapons, sucks to be us. We'll just have to settle for one of them against what's possibly the biggest threat to mankind."

Jodel: "Needn't worry! I'll just stealth my way through the entirety of Sacae and be back with the weapon before noon!".

Edited by DLuna

I agree. You could pull a Sacred Stones and do a selectable route split where Roy goes one way with a majority of the army (that's what you play) and a few others go the other way to do that route offscreen and hand over the legendary weapon when they meet up with Roy again.

I like the idea of splitting up some larger maps into several smaller chapters. It would make the game feel fresher due to being slightly different as well as reduce the amount of walking around giant maps.

small update, after realizing points where a save point would be nice, i decided on adding map saves to ch7 and ch8

8x i doubt needs one, but might get one regardless since i may make map saves a permanent thing for every chapter to have at least one after ch7

Just to notify everyone, am streaming this again on Saturday.
By the way, the first stream is on Youtube now. If you want to watch it, check my topic in Let's Plays/Streams.

On 1/18/2017 at 11:14 PM, DLuna said:

Since the 'official' english names are out, are you going to be changing them?

With Heroes coming out (and possibly Echoes: FE6 edition eventually) it'll probably be best for consistency.

#Gwendolyn

Idk as some people know my names were intentionally bad or dumb, so I doubt it

except astolfo because i find it hilarious

where is my font aaaa

Well, I'd change them to Astolfo and Gwendolyn since they are notably different (And are actually real names to boot). The others are quite similar anyway so w/e. Characters like Ogier or Bors could call her 'Wendy' or 'Wendi' casually though. 

Speaking of Gwendolyn, I think something needs to be done about Florence. The problem I can see with it is that it does too much (has everything but the Kitchen Sink)?

I would remove the +RES bonus but give her +2 base RES instead. And remove the healing per turn and possibly give her 'Renewal' as an extra personal skill (or just as a level 10 armor skill).

The more I think about it, Florence just feels like a band-aid attempt of making her usable/good (And Paragon is already there for that). I like that she has a prf weapon. But I think there's too much power put into her weapon rather than Wendo' herself. It already has crazy good stats for a 1-2 range weapon (making it amazing for offence -- but shouldn't be defensive as well -- that should just be innately given to the armor knight).

Edited by DLuna

1 hour ago, Chocolate Kitty said:

maybe i'll cut the range or something idk

i made it her prf because something something serra

IMO that's probably the worst thing you can do to change it. The 2 range massively helps her actually stay in range to attack (or just chip damage w/o retaliation -- which is nice with Paragon).

The random stats/healing is the thing that's unnecessary (it bloats the weapon far too much with stuff -- to the point where rather that designing it with a specific purpose in mind, you just slapped everything on it instead). I do just think you should remove the RES bonus and give her +2 RES instead. You could also remove the healing as well (without compensation, she is good enough at this point).

She feels suited to be the RES tank imo. So giving her innate RES rather than her weapon feels better for her. Otherwise, when she isn't using the weapon -- Bors/Barth just flat out have better HP/DEF to do their job better. She may have a higher RES growth, but an actual decent base stat (without having to use Florence) would at least be nice. Especially now that you've buffed Bors a bit as well.

Personally, I'd buff her bases a bit, remove paragon, and give her something like Nyx's personal skill (reflects magic damage when taken). Make her an anti-mage outright (which completely separates her from Bors, with him being the physical tank and Wendi the Magical tank). Florence shouldn't be required for that -- just gives her strong 1-2 range to counter mages on enemy phase.

And if she's Serra's (a bishop's) daughter, then that's all the more reason to give her massive RES

Also, Dorcas + Natalie > Dorothy?

Edited by DLuna

1 hour ago, DLuna said:

IMO that's probably the worst thing you can do to change it. The 2 range massively helps her actually stay in range to attack (or just chip damage w/o retaliation -- which is nice with Paragon).

The random stats/healing is the thing that's unnecessary (it bloats the weapon far too much with stuff -- to the point where rather that designing it with a specific purpose in mind, you just slapped everything on it instead). I do just think you should remove the RES bonus and give her +2 RES instead. You could also remove the healing as well (without compensation, she is good enough at this point).

She feels suited to be the RES tank imo. So giving her innate RES rather than her weapon feels better for her. Otherwise, when she isn't using the weapon -- Bors/Barth just flat out have better HP/DEF to do their job better. She may have a higher RES growth, but an actual decent base stat (without having to use Florence) would at least be nice. Especially now that you've buffed Bors a bit as well.

Personally, I'd buff her bases a bit, remove paragon, and give her something like Nyx's personal skill (reflects magic damage when taken). Make her an anti-mage outright (which completely separates her from Bors, with him being the physical tank and Wendi the Magical tank). Florence shouldn't be required for that -- just gives her strong 1-2 range to counter mages on enemy phase.

And if she's Serra's (a bishop's) daughter, then that's all the more reason to give her massive RES

Also, Dorcas + Natalie > Dorothy?

would make her stand out a bit more, i have no idea who nyx is so i have to see how that affects this person before testing

lolno @dorothy; she's from etruria

48 minutes ago, Chocolate Kitty said:

would make her stand out a bit more, i have no idea who nyx is so i have to see how that affects this person before testing

lolno @dorothy; she's from etruria

Nyx is a unit from Fates: Conquest (aka. the only good part of fates because of great gameplay). The skill is called 'Countercurse: Reflects 50% of all magic damage received'.

It wasn't that useful though since Nyx is really squishy outside of her RES. Which means that if she is taking mixed damage.. she dies. So rarely is there a situation where she is only targeted by mages if you put her out front. And since she can retaliate against them, enemy mages often just targets other units anyway.

Wendy would be awesome with it though since she can actually take physical hits and go on the front line -- as what's expected of her class. She also won't have 2 range without Florence, meaning that magi may be inclined to attack her while Wendi can still deal a bit of damage to them in return.

Meanwhile Bors could have the opposite skill: Reflects 1/3 or 1/2 of all physical damage taken. Simply called 'Counter'.

(Natalie seems like a clean slate in terms of where she is from (or where she and Dorcas went after FE7 or even EN if that's part of the continuity). And I just can't help but find Dorcas!Dorothy rather... fitting. But eh -- its all fan-canon in the end so w/e)

Edited by DLuna

8 hours ago, DLuna said:

(Natalie seems like a clean slate in terms of where she is from (or where she and Dorcas went after FE7 or even EN if that's part of the continuity). And I just can't help but find Dorcas!Dorothy rather... fitting. But eh -- its all fan-canon in the end so w/e)

well she's married to dorcas and dorcas is from bern so...

i'm currently drudging through fe14 so if I see anything interesting I'll see what I can do; the skill seems all right from the description though; like mirror armor or something like that from final fantasy