FE6xna

Chocolate Kitty

So I downloaded the game and when I went to play it the game just doesn't open, it loads for a second and then nothing opens. I went and got fe7x on this computer too and the same thing, I'm running windows 10 on a fairly decent and new laptop, what am I doing that prevents me from even opening these XNA games.

• Replies 382
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 hours ago, themistdrake said:

So I downloaded the game and when I went to play it the game just doesn't open, it loads for a second and then nothing opens. I went and got fe7x on this computer too and the same thing, I'm running windows 10 on a fairly decent and new laptop, what am I doing that prevents me from even opening these XNA games.

Did you download xna

Also, the .net framework (though that's probably already on your computer)

Wow, you asked in all three places.

Edited by deranger

9 hours ago, Corrobin said:

Lugh specializes in Wind magic, Lilina in Thunder. Therefore, Hugh will focus on Fire magic!

Based on the changes to magic (Fire 1-2 range, Thunder 1 range), perhaps it would be best if Lilina and Hugh were to swap. 

Lilina uses fire magic in Heroes with exclusive usage of Bolganone. So clearly that's her canonical choice of magic. Roy only gave her Thunder in the original game because it's better than giving her Fire (the lesser tome) and that you get an Elfire in a chest on the same map (in which Lilina has the base rank to use).

Nino use wind magic which certainly makes Lugh suited to use that as well. Then Hugh is left with thunder as the more durable mage.

Edited by DLuna

1 minute ago, Corrobin said:

I wonder how he'll make Sophia worthwhile? I always don't use her. Maybe buff her growths to make her an actual Est? 

The direction I'd go is around LV5 base with LV10-12 equivalent stats and interesting stat spread  + a powerful skill. But still has a defining weakness (terrible SKL?).

I don't think high growths are needed. And are usually just a band-aid fix for late-joining units (same as Paragon). High bases for her initial level will make her not terrible to begin with, while giving her more levels/higher EXP gain to grow further. Even with middling growths, this works but the total levels to grow compliments the base stats to make an eventual powerful unit, whilst neither having an OP late game unit or a terrible unit to start with. 

From there, promotion gains would be a good way to tweak late game power.

If you've played FE7x, Eiry is pretty much the archetype here. An "Est" with mediocre growths. However balanced because of the sheer amount of levels to grow combined with her decent base stats. 

And based on her personal skill; may not even need to have huge potential in terms of stats.

Ah, I see. It's just part of me thought that Sophia was IntSys's attempt at a midgame Est, but made her growths too low.

I had an idea for a Druid learned skill that boosted the hit rate of all status-inflicting Staves, to set them apart and allow for Druids to focus on status staves rather than just becoming off-healers.

By the way, Chocolate Kitty? Have you canonized any parents of units? Like, in this game, who's Wolt's father? Who's Lugh and Raigh's father? Who's Hugh's mother? Roy and Lilina's moms (Okay, I'm willing to guess Ninian for the former and Lyn for the latter). Sue's mother?

On 2/12/2017 at 9:04 AM, DLuna said:

Based on the changes to magic (Fire 1-2 range, Thunder 1 range), perhaps it would be best if Lilina and Hugh were to swap. 

Lilina uses fire magic in Heroes with exclusive usage of Bolganone. So clearly that's her canonical choice of magic. Roy only gave her Thunder in the original game because it's better than giving her Fire (the lesser tome) and that you get an Elfire in a chest on the same map (in which Lilina has the base rank to use).

Nino use wind magic which certainly makes Lugh suited to use that as well. Then Hugh is left with thunder as the more durable mage.

i came before heros they're breaking my canon D:<

they all get 2 magic types at t1 anyway, so you can max whatever you want

sophia... idk; she has a prf planned out, other than that I have nothing for you yet, sorry

On 2/12/2017 at 1:31 PM, Corrobin said:

By the way, Chocolate Kitty? Have you canonized any parents of units? Like, in this game, who's Wolt's father? Who's Lugh and Raigh's father? Who's Hugh's mother? Roy and Lilina's moms (Okay, I'm willing to guess Ninian for the former and Lyn for the latter). Sue's mother?

wil x becca; jaffar x nino; idfk, ask IS, they'd know; eli x nini; hector x farina; rath x lyndo

Okay, thanks.

It's just... that screenshot of Hector saying that someone left him to frolic in the lands of Sacae... Did you write Lyn leaving Hector? I don't think that fits her character.

I wasn't complaining, just was a bit confused.

Bartre x Karla is still canon, right?

You mentioned that promotions are character-specific? I have a weird idea: In a FE4 hack that has branching promotions, a mage character has three possible promotions that I think Lugh, Lilina and Hugh could each get one of:

Lugh: Mage Knight (gets a horse)

Lilina: Sage (On-foot, staff access)

Hugh: Iron Mage (Armored, has higher defenses)

Just an idea, no pressure.

Alright, cool.

By the way, have you messed with growth rates any? I'm just curious if you did.

And PLEASE tell me that you made Roy's promotion sensibly timed. Seriously.

Boy... i wonder how many names are gonna change now that heroes is out... cause reading Shanni felt a tad wierd compared to shanna or Thany. Besides that im really looking forward to the next update. this game has me hyped. and may actually help me complete FE6 entirely.

Edited by Thany

21 hours ago, Bob of the A said:

By the way, did you ever fix that issue with the rain on ch. 5? I sent you a .sav a while back, but I don't know if anything ever came of it.

i did, but the fix ended up happening after i had broken other things and re-did some things so it became pointless to upload that fix but then have to address new problems at the same time

12 hours ago, Thany said:

Boy... i wonder how many names are gonna change now that heroes is out... cause reading Shanni felt a tad wierd compared to shanna or Thany. Besides that im really looking forward to the next update. this game has me hyped. and may actually help me complete FE6 entirely.

they're all just going to be the names they used in heros unless i really had an issue with them(and i don't give a damn about names so doubtful)

1 hour ago, ChaosSlicer said:

why do people not read the doc; placeholder to assume how tall he will be

So, can you give a guideline on how you will use skills and such to differentiate between units? For example, what skills (and altered growths) will/have you give/given to...

Rutger vs. Fir

Dieck vs. Ogier

Alan vs. Lance

Wade vs. Lott

Ellen vs. Saul

Wolt vs. Dorothy

Sue vs. Sin

some of those don't need skills to differentiate; rutger and fir for example have different join times. Rutger is easier to use than fir, so will have better bases, but fir will have better growths

dieck ogier same idea

alan and lance use different weapons and are purely up to preference(I didn't know people chose either or, i've just used both)

wade lott have different growths to accomplish a specific goal(wade is all offense, lott is all defense)

elen and saul are different classes

wolt and dorothy, see rutger and fir but in reverse

sue/sin ^

something else to note; you're not going to have to use specific units to go either ilia or sacae