Corrin as Basara, Da Fcuk? (Animations)

Knightmare

So I just changed my level 19 Spear Master Corrin into a Basara to slightly fix up resist and the animation for a kill strike just left me thinking WTF.

I mean she does a flip and strikes the enemy, all well and good, but at the end she is laying on her back seriously WTF is with this animation?

Thats the same case for anyone who becomes a Basara. Corrin, in particular isn't special. That being said, I find it pretty hilarious

An interesting thing to note is that some classes, the animations change depending on whether you're using a Hoshidan, or Nohrian weapon. Is the case the same with a lance, to you? I've yet to test it myself, out of generally reclassing out of Basara, once I get Rend Heaven

Edited by Hero-King

Thats the same case for anyone who becomes a Basara. Corrin, in particular isn't special. That being said, I find it pretty hilarious

An interesting thing to note is that some classes, the animations change depending on whether you're using a Hoshidan, or Nohrian weapon. Is the case the same with a lance, to you? I've yet to test it myself, out of generally reclassing out of Basara, once I get Rend Heaven

ah you are right I just never noticed the animation with Shiro

Yes the does seem to be a difference between Hoshido and Nohr weapons, at least with the brave lance the character throws it up into the air jumps and catches it and strikes as falling down, it's actually pretty cool

i mean, when you consider that basara are very much meant to be these free-wheeling, hedonistic and flamboyant figures (like, that is the dictionary definition of the word "basara"), it sort of makes sense for their attacks to end with them reclining and relaxing like that

I KNOW, right? I made Oboro a Basara and I see this animation so much. It's so counter-productive and inefficient - I assume the strike would be decent enough, but it isn't worth breaking your back on the ground!

I've had a similar accident in reality where I struck the ground less than graciously, and it led to a broken bone.

i mean, when you consider that basara are very much meant to be these free-wheeling, hedonistic and flamboyant figures (like, that is the dictionary definition of the word "basara"), it sort of makes sense for their attacks to end with them reclining and relaxing like that

Except it doesn't look like reclining and relaxing, it looks like they fell and slammed into the ground on their back.

I've had a similar accident in reality where I struck the ground less than graciously, and it led to a broken bone.

Ouch that sounds painful