Between the Dreamworlds: Savers of the Apocalypse - Sign-in

Enaluxeme

Yes. And I didn't use the ribbons because I, honestly, couldn't figure out something other than using them as a solo clone or some generic evade boost.

By the way, keep your eyes open as I will be buffing/nerfing as the situation calls for it. I hope to do it via enemy balance but that's not always a guarentee. Some abilities just need fixing (I'm already eyeing up Thyme's Mega-flare for a buff. I think it's activation time might be just too long to ever see use).

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She can use her ribbons to tie up others, attach them to bullets and she used them as a defense mechanism a few times, if I'm not mistaken, but she's good as she is. And okay, nothing is set in stone. So I just wait for the others to finish this chapter/world/whatever and read the first one?

Part of me sees Mami stalking Thyme, trying to steal her Soul Crystals to purify her own Soul Gem.

Good.

hqdefault.jpg

It might be a while. Like RoTE and A:tMR, an arc could takes weeks or months, even if I cut out filler and fluff. I'll see what I can cut from the itinerary in order to speed up your joining process, but it might take a long time.

I'm patient, do it at your own pace. I wouldn't want others' enjoyment to be affected by me signing up.

Thyme's cheesed because she sees sleep magic as basically 'date-rape roofie the spell'.

Edit: Also, all characters are gaining this new ability.

Name: Move

Type: Other

Cooldown: N/A

Effect: Varies between situations, but it will become clear what it does when it matters.

Edited by Snowy_One

I just noticed this, but does Rufus have to roll to debuff an enemy after rolling for accuracy? That might be a little overkill. I mean Narcotic Trance only have a 50% success rate after 40 base accuracy, that equals to a grand total of 20% or the hit rate of an fe bandit in chapter 1. it doesn't even do damage.

EDIT: Just noticed that it was also like this before but with the massive innate bonuses. The most reliable debuff Rufus can inflict right now is Poison/Blind with a 42% chance of hitting (60% * Base Accuracy 70) which is not very reliable. Since Rufus doesn't really have a lot of dps, I think that he should at least somewhat reliably debuff enemies.

Edited by A Random Player

I just noticed this, but does Rufus have to roll to debuff an enemy after rolling for accuracy? That might be a little overkill. I mean Narcotic Trance only have a 50% success rate after 40 base accuracy, that equals to a grand total of 20% or the hit rate of an fe bandit in chapter 1. it doesn't even do damage.

EDIT: Just noticed that it was also like this before but with the massive innate bonuses. The most reliable debuff Rufus can inflict right now is Poison/Blind with a 42% chance of hitting (60% * Base Accuracy 70) which is not very reliable. Since Rufus doesn't really have a lot of dps, I think that he should at least somewhat reliably debuff enemies.

The little bout with Thyme taught me something. Sleep is OP'ed. Even with a nerf the ability to rob someone of their turn can seriously wreck someone. Get it twice in a row and it's basically Game Over unless the opponent is massively OP'ed. Since Rufus was getting both Alchemized Needles which he can use to give ALL his attacks a 10% chance to sleep, can imbed his needles to give a 30% chance to keep the foe from waking up from damage, Throw Seal giving him a 100% chance to hit and a +35% chance to apply a debuff, and is gonna be getting an increasing bonus to hit as his Understanding of Chi boosted his accuracy, getting more needles, giving him a high hit for that skill right off the bat would basically amount to making battles start at 'wanna flip a coin to see if you can even do anything' and only go uphill from there.

Let's assume each world has an average of 4 battles and Rufus gets 6 turns each battle for a total of 24 turns each world. Assuming he stuck to sleep, with Understanding of Chi, if he had a 100% chance to hit he'd basically gain 12% chance to apply sleep each world. By world 4 it would be a near guarantee that he'd sleep a foe with an attack. Cutting it down to 20 means he'd be getting ~5 per world instead. Course, if Rufus is smart, he'll be spreading it out over all his attack types which will put sleep right where it should be. A situational spell that may have a huge reward but also has a distinct risk (in this case of missing.

Poison sucks but so long as you have the HP you can work through it and, in the end, you can still fight. Same for blind and frozen (though I think that will need a nerf. I'll want to see it in battle first). Sleep, especially sleep that might not break on damage, is just gonna be 'lol I win' if it can reliably hit.

Edit: I think I'm gonna need to go through and change some status effects around to make them more distinct from each other.

Edited by Snowy_One

I'm aware that Rufus can be infinitely powerful with Understanding of Chi but that would require a lot of grinding, which is not something I enjoy doing in a game and definitely not something I'd do in an RP. To get a reasonable chance of applying ONE debuff to ONE specific type of enemy, say Poison Rufus needs a minimum of 25 turns. ((70+12,5) * (60+25)% = 82.5 * 85% = 70.125) That's assuming he doesn't miss once, which is unrealistic as hell. Screw sleep if you want, Rufus can't even apply Poison properly. I'd suggest lowering the accuracy to 60 for Poison and Blind, 25 for Freeze, 10 for Sleep, guarantee debuff upon hit and have Understanding of Chi apply unversally base at +5 with a max of +50 (+1 for each success). That way at least Rufus doesn't have to grind nearly as much. Sleep will have a maximum hit rate of 60 without calculating enemy's dodge (which I'm assuming is a thing) while Poison and Blind will at least land reliably.

Edited by A Random Player

To get a reasonable chance of applying ONE debuff to ONE specific type of enemy, say Poison Rufus needs a minimum of 25 turns. ((70+12,5) * (60+25)% = 82.5 * 85% = 70.125) That's assuming he doesn't miss once, which is unrealistic as hell.

25 turns over the course of an RP sounds perfectly reasonable, especially when you have other methods to help ensure you get hits.

Remember, your Chi ability gives you a 0.5% chance to hit that DOES NOT fade away and applies to ALL foes of that type followed up by an increase of 1% for that debuff to apply to that type and your debuffs start a 1%. I'm expecting that, following the first battle alone, he's gonna have gotten an additional 1-2% hit and it's only going uphill. Especially once you start alchemizing needles and getting the chance to apply multiple debuffs onto every attack.

I'm not unwilling to consider giving him a buff but I think you are overstating his weakness a bit as well.

Edit: Since I have the time... UPDATED STATUS EFFECTS! This is ignoring specific buffs such as Shepard's Paragon Interrupt.

Positive:

Haste: Increases targets speed by 25% (rounded down) for turn-gaining, not evasion. Can be stacked with the proper skills. Lasts 3 turns.

Aim: Increases base accuracy by 25% (rounded down) for all attacks. Counts as bonus hit. Can be stacked with the proper skills. Lasts 3 turns.

Protect: Increases base defense by 20% (Rounded down. Min 1). Lasts 3 turns.

Shell: Increases base resistance by 20% (Rounded down. Min 1). Lasts 3 turns.

Barrier: Provides a shield that must be broken before damage can be done. Amount varies, lasts indefinitely.

Regen: Heals for 5% of HP every turn. Lasts 5 turns.

Negative: Stun: Target's turn gets pushed back (they have to wait till after the next character takes their turn to act), any channeled or charging spells are canceled, and speed gain is reduced by 50% until the target takes their turn. Each successful application increases resistance to stun by 35% for 3 turns.

Slow: Target's speed is reduced by 25% (rounded up). Lasts 4 turns. Can be stacked with the proper skill.

Shock: Target's turn-count is reduced by casters strength/spirit (depending on ability type).

Poison: Target takes 5+5% flat damage (rounded up) on every one of their turns and every 10 turns from everyone. Lasts 4 turns.

Blind: Target receives a -20% chance to hit foes (rounded up) for 4 turns.

Burn: Target gets only 25% of heals, fire damage deals an extra 5% damage base, and takes 5% flat damage on every one of their turns. Lasts 3 turns. Can be negated by casting an ice spell on the target.

Freeze: Target's speed gets reduced by 25%, all cooldowns above 0 get set to 0, and ice damage deals an extra 5% base. Can be negated by casting a fire spell on the target.

Silence: Target cannot use any ability that uses a resource when used on a PC or is prohibited from using sensible abilities (enemy) for two turns. Afterwards the target cannot be silenced until after their next turn.

Sleep: Target loses their next turn. This status effect is automatically removed whenever damage is dealt except through poison/burn. After the target has lost 5 turns they are allowed to return to combat with a bonus 50 speed until their next turn. Any charging or channeled spells are canceled. Each successful application of sleep increases resistance to sleep by 30% (gets reduced by 15% when above 50 and 10% when below 50 each turn).

Edited by Snowy_One