Between the Dreamworlds: Savers of the Apocalypse - Sign-in

Enaluxeme

I don't know the keyboard commands on how to make that little circle.

Anyways, ice-creation is pretty malliable. Just using her Embodiment of the Scarlet Devil spellcards you'd get several powerful abilities. If you have some of them be passive damage effects or AoE abilities, mix them in with a bunch of freeze-status abilities, you'd have a solid character base. Your biggest issue is, actually, that Cirno is a fairy and Touhou fairies don't stay down. Sure, you can kill them, but they regenerate instantly which would mean Cirno would have a loophole around the death-rule here. Same would go for Fujiwara No Moku.

If you want to draw from the weaker end of things Marisa might be a good choice, or maybe even someone like Moriya. Course, you could always use the news reporter or the nuclear girl or w/e.

Ah, well, I have a list of a few characters I would like to play as, I just need the thoughts and preferences of the other people in this thing. Most of these characters don't have a very developed personality or are in development, so I can deal with them.

Reisen-Level headed rabbit girl from the Moon. Has a past experience as a soldier, but she's still a kawaii animu waifu. Power over her lunacy inducing eyes and waves of all types.

Aya-Extremely fast tengu reporter girl with the power to control the winds. "Slightly" exaggerates her articles, but wouldn't ruin someone's reputation for personal success.

Sanae-Geeky and confident human/descendant of a goddess shrine maiden with unusually high knowledge of the modern sciences for a resident of Gensokyo. Power over miracles and associated with wind and water. Something of a minor deity herself.

Mimi-Chan-Sentient INTER CONTINENTAL BALLISTIC MISSILE.

Ruukoto-Robot maid.

Cirno-She's a dumb ice fairy and can respawn.

Daiyousei-Cirno's best friend (according to fanon) and is more powerful than most fairies. Associated with nature.

Edited by Floral Pattern

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He'll sell items to his enemies until they die?

Or maybe just use the items themselves?

Yeah, admittedly he is not much of a combatant. More like support.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

Or maybe just use the items themselves?

Yeah, admittedly he is not much of a combatant. More like support.

It's not like he has much to use, I haven't read the manga he's from so.

So uh, do I just choose one from the characters I suggested? I posted them so others could say what they thing would work the best in the RP...

It's not like he has much to use, I haven't read the manga he's from so.

So uh, do I just choose one from the characters I suggested? I posted them so others could say what they thing would work the best in the RP...

Well, actually, someone like Rinnosuke could have a use in a cross-over setting. Since if I remember right, his only noteworthy ability is knowing the name and purpose of items. Although I think he doesn't actually get much context from it, so he usually reaches wrong conclusions of many items.

Anyway... hmm, I actually don't know much of Touhou to say. It also depends what exactly you mean in "work the best". Is it about best as in character, or best for the combat, or something other?

Red like roses fills my dreams and brings me to the place you rest~

White is cold and always yearning, burdened by a royal test~

Black the beast descends from shadows~

Yellow beauty burns gold~

If you use a character from RWBY you'll spare me from the pain of making researchs about Touhou.

Also this isn't specifically directed toward you, Floral, but why are you all using videogames as settings? You can use animes, comic books, films, even trading cards. You can play as the Angel of Serra or the Dark Magician, people!

Also, having at least someone who can use melee weapons in the group should be helpful. Imagine fighting Sephiroth, acquiring the Masamune and having no one to use it.

Edited by Enaluxeme

Well, my character can. Then again, probably not something like Sephiroth's Masamune. Too long.

For my part, I chose Hero Senki since it was a way to incorporate mechas, even if in Hero Senki they're not actual mechas. I would think otherwise it'd be too much, considering everyone else, or almost everyone, would be mostly fight on foot. I like mechas, what can I say? XD

If you use a character from RWBY you'll spare me from the pain of making researchs about Touhou.

Also this isn't specifically directed toward you, Floral, but why are you all using videogames as settings? You can use animes, comic books, films, even trading cards. You can play as the Angel of Serra or the Dark Magician, people!

Also, having at least someone who can use melee weapons in the group should be helpful. Imagine fighting Sephiroth, acquiring the Masamune and having no one to use it.

Alright, I'll think about someone from RWBY, just for you. And eh, I do it because I don't know many books or movies that would work well in this type of thing and I'm more of a gamer than a movie watcher and I just don't join book fandoms, I just read them.

Name: Rufus Cromwell (OC)

Origin: Full Metal Alchemist: Brotherhood

Physical Description: 5'2, Caucasian (Black Hair, fair skin, brown eyes), slightly curly hair (cropped short), early-30s, wears regular shirts and trousers

Personality: A little awkward, pessimist, sometimes cowardly, but ultimately just wants to do the right thing

Backstory: Joining when he was 18, Rufus had a promising career in the military, becoming promoted to captain in merely 2 and a half years, a feat that earned him the jealousy of his peers. After being stationed in Ishval, Rufus became best friends with a native, sharing the same hobbies (reading) and views. Horrified after learning of the military's plan to eradicate Ishval, Rufus decided to quit the military and escape to Xing beyond the desert. Extending the offer to his Ishvalan friend, Rufus was met with refusal as his friend ultimately choose to help his people by finding ways to fight the military. At Xing, Rufus decided to learn about the country's unique "Alkahestry " in order to take his mind off the civil war currently going at Ishval (despite having some knowledge about Amestrian Alchemy, Rufus never learned how to properly use it). At the end of the war, Rufus went back to Amestris and looked for his friend, only to find out that he had died in the war. Filled with guilt and sorrow, Rufus returned to Xing and opened a clinic, healing people with little to no charge.

Powers: Formerly in the military, Rufus is proficient with most types of guns, having a personal preference for rifles (although his skills with firearms may have deteriorated somewhat due to disuse). Rufus is also capable of using Alkahestry to a significant degree, healing himself or other people of injuries and also getting rid of most ailments or sickness (as long as he understands how the particular sickness works). However Rufus can also reverse this process and cause said ailments or sicknesses if he so wishes (such as Paralysis, Induced Sleep, Blind, Confuse, etc.), inscribing the various transmutation circles on a pair of gloves he carries around. When necessary, Rufus can perform long range transmutations by casting it on a sharp, inanimate object and then immediately attaching said object to the intended target (such as by throwing, etc)

I'm assuming that battles will be handled FF style?

Glad to have an healer on board, even if it's another gunner. Battles will be kinda FF style, mostly for the turn system being close to FF's ATB, but instead of having normal attack and magic/skills, all kind of actions a character can perform are linked to an active skill: even healing items translate in limited-use skills. Moreover, each character has something unique to them.

Health Points: 100
Strength: 27
Spirit: 32
Defense: 25
Resistance: 28
Speed: 29
Accuracy: +5

Active Skills:

Name: Scuffle
Type: Physical, Melee
Base damage: 4-6
Base accuracy: 90
Name: Reconstruction of Body
Type: Magical, Healing
Base Healing: 8-12
Special effect: heal a single ally. Healing is increased by half of Rufus's Spirit.
Name: Treat Ailments
Type: Magical, Healing
Special effect: remove a single debuff from an ally.
Name: Induce Sickness
Type: Magical, Melee
Base accuracy: 80
Special effect: 60% debuff chance: Poison (target will lose 10 Health Points at the start of their turn, for 3 turns).
Name: Cloud Sight
Special effect: 60% debuff chance: Blind (target has -15 accuracy, for 3 turns).
Name: Cold Blood
Special effect: 60% debuff chance: Frozen (target loses 20 Speed and gets double physical damage until their next turn; is removed if hit by Fire skills).
Name: Skin Melter
Special effect: 60% debuff chance: Burn (target will lose 10 Health Points at the start of their turn, for 3 turns; is removed if hit by Ice skills).
Name: Weaken Body
Special effect: 60% debuff chance: Weak (target loses 10 Strength, for 3 turns).
Name: Unease Mind
Special effect: 60% debuff chance: Nervous (target loses 10 Spirit, for 3 turns).
Name: Narcotic Trance
Special effect: 50% debuff chance: Sleep (target won't be able to use any active skill in the next turn. Target loses 10 Speed and their Evasion becomes 0. Is removed if damaged by a skill).
Name: Neural Damage
Base accuracy: 85
Special effect: 65% debuff chance: Shock (target's turn count is decreased by half of Rufus's Spirit).
Name: Seal Throw
Type: Physical, Ranged
Uses: 10
Base damage: 8-11
Base accuracy: 95
Special effect: if the skill doesn't miss, use an appropriate Magical, Melee skill on the same target. It will count as Magical, Ranged and will always hit regardless of accuracy.
Name: Great Circle
Type: Other
Special effect: buff: +15 Speed until next turn. This buff is ignored when calculating Evasion. Next Magical, Melee skill or Healing skill Rufus uses will target all enemies/allies.
Name: Take Cover
Special effect: buff: Rufus gets 30 bonus evasion when targeted by Ranged skills. Is removed if Rufus uses a Melee skill.

Quirk: Understanding of Chi. Rufus has a bonus chance of applying any debuff against particular categories of enemies. When Rufus successfully applies a debuff to an enemy, Rufus gains a 5% bonus chance of applying a debuff to the corresponding category, but only if the chance of applying said debuff was lower than 100%. Max bonus is 100%.
  • humans: +45%
  • beasts: +20%
  • avians: +5%

P.S.: Does Rufus have the uncanny ability to draw perfect circles free-hand?

Edited by Enaluxeme

I reserve the right to magically turn Ricardo's suit into an actual mecha in settings where mechas are a thing U_U

Haha, that would be quite something if it happens. XD

Glad to have an healer on board, even if it's another gunner. Battles will be kinda FF style, mostly for the turn system being close to FF's ATB, but instead of having normal attack and magic/skills, all kind of actions a character can perform are linked to an active skill: even healing items translate in limited-use skills. Moreover, each character has something unique to them.

P.S.: Does Rufus have the uncanny ability to draw perfect circles free-hand?

I considered giving him alchemy, but that would just turn him into another mage. Also as per the rules of FMA, yes. Yes he can

I made my decision~ :3

Name: Koakuma

Origin: Touhou 6: Embodiment of Scarlet Devil

Physical Description: Medium height, warm olive skin , black dress with white sleeves and long red hair. Two pairs of bat wings; one on her head and another, bigger one on her back.

Personality: Obedient, steady and good-natured, has an impish and mischievous streak.

Backstory: Resident of the Scarlet Devil Mansion who was summoned to assist Patchouli Knowledge. During the Scarlet Mist incident, she attempted to protect the mansion from Reimu and Marisa, but she was easily dispatched by the heroines. Continues to assist Patchouli to this day.

Powers: Trained librarian and is known to be able to cook okonomiyaki. Capable of danmaku, but has no canon spellcards or notable powers.

So am I right in assuming two things:

1. No limitations to source material (within the bounds of acceptable forum conduct).

2. If I sign up, you'll PM me to help with the personalized stats.