Between the Dreamworlds: Savers of the Apocalypse - Sign-in

Enaluxeme

Keep in mind you always start off at 50, just enough to suit on. You can go on for at least three turns in suit on mode with 50 energy points, and that if you use shoulder cannons or wing jet each turn. Basically, you should be going suit off only against bosses or very durable opponents.

Now that I think of it, I can see almost no reason for you to go over 59 energy points, except perhaps using some item to recover them.

I think you shouldn't have those kind of problems, so I'll think of something if I'm proven otherwise.

Well, if there's one thing about the Hero Senki mechanics, is that the characters actually regain a small amount of TP (the MP equivalent of the game) when they attack, even if they use an attack that used TP itself. I would think this means they all have some kind of energy regen going on when they attack. But who knows if that's something that could be implemented here due to balance and stuff.

Edited by Acacia Sgt

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm. . .alright, gimme a sec to think about this. . .

Powers (based off of EOU2):

- Fire/Ice/Volt Formula: Fennel uses whichever element she thinks is best to blow things up. They're single-target and roughly equal in power. Her most-often used attacks (game-wise, they're the weakest out of the bunch, so balance this accordingly).

- Flame/Freeze/Spark Formula: Flame has splash damage, Freeze hits enemies in a line, and Spark hits enemies in a row. She doesn't use these very often, but she had to learn them because. . .

- Riot Formula: If it's big/scary/annoying, she hacks out this thing. Five Fire/Ice/Volt attacks to random enemies. If Fire/Ice/Volt formula won't kill it, this will. Hopefully.

- Sight Formula: The secret to her longevity while going solo in the labyrinth. She'll take note of points of interest (in the labyrinth, that's FOEs, treasure chests, passages, and gathering points).

- Analysis: When she puts her mind to it (read: rarely), she can truly leverage an enemy's weakness. . .if it has one.

- Eschaton: She'll only use this if she's backed into a corner. Yes, it causes all sorts of mayhem, but she really hates its side effects (blurry vision and ringing ears, which is bad for a solo explorer).

- Chop: She's capable of grabbing materials off of trees. Not that she's sure how useful it will be outside of the labyrinth. . .

I can give her Inferno/Cocytus/Thor/Nuclear Formula, if you really need her to have 'em, but she's gonna suck at it. Though Compression is really useful, it doesn't fit her character!

It's a pity that you went with formulas instead of palms, would have made Fennel more different from Thyme. This time, I have no idea about the quirk. The only particular thing about EO's gameplay in battles is the use of positioning, and I don't want to add a row system anyway.
I think Fennel will be quirkless. It's not that necessary to have a quirk after all. However, if you have to chop something or even take or mine when outside of combat, she'll have an advantage over the others. Consider this some sort of out of combat quirk.
NEVERMIND SHE'LL USE THE FORCE.

I gave her Inferno/Cocytus/Thor instead of Flame/Freeze/Spark because Flame/Freeze/Spark would make no sense without EO's positioning.

Health Points: 100
Mana Points: 100
Strength: 12
Spirit: 30
Defense: 25
Resistance: 30
Speed: 32
Accuracy: +15

Active Skills:

Name: Fire FormulaType: Magical, Fire, RangedBase damage: 6-10Base accuracy: 90Cost: 5 Mana PointsSpecial Effect: 25% debuff chance: Burn (target will lose 10 Health Points at the start of their turn, for 3 turns; is removed if hit by Ice skills).
Name: Ice FormulaType: Magical, Ice, RangedBase damage: 7-9Base accuracy: 90Cost: 5 Mana PointsSpecial Effect: 25% debuff chance: Frozen (target loses 20 speed and gets double physical damage until their next turn; is removed if hit by Fire skills).
Name: Volt FormulaType: Magical, Electric, RangedBase damage: 6-9Base accuracy: 95Cost: 5 Mana PointsSpecial Effect: 25% debuff chance: Stun (target won't be able to use any active skill in the next turn. Target's Evasion becomes 0).
Name: Inferno FormulaType: Magical, Fire, RangedBase damage: 5-8Base accuracy: 85Cost: 7 Mana PointsSpecial Effect: targets all enemies. 20% debuff chance: Burn (target will lose 10 Health Points at the start of their turn, for 3 turns; is removed if hit by Ice skills).
Name: Cocytus FormulaType: Magical, Ice, RangedBase damage: 6-7Base accuracy: 85Cost: 7 Mana PointsSpecial Effect: targets all enemies. 20% debuff chance: Frozen (target loses 20 speed and gets double physical damage until their next turn; is removed if hit by Fire skills).
Name: Thor FormulaType: Magical, Electric, RangedBase damage: 5-7Base accuracy: 90Cost: 7 Mana PointsSpecial Effect: targets all enemies. 20% debuff chance: Stun (target won't be able to use any active skill in the next turn. Target's Evasion becomes 0).
Name: Riot FormulaType: OtherCost: 34 Mana PointsSpecial Effect: casts 5 random Skills between "Fire Formula", "Ice Formula" and "Volt Formula" at random enemies.
Name: Force Boost: AnalysisType: OtherSpecial Effect: can only be used when the Force Gauge is full. Buff: for 3 turns, Fennel has +5 Spirit, and enemies targeted by Fennel will have doubled Fire, Ice and Electric Defense, but only if negative.
Name: Force Break: EschatonType: Magical, RangedBase damage: 20-22Base accuracy: 90Special Effect: targets all enemies. Can only be used when under the effect of "Force Boost: Analysis" or 3 turns after using the skill. Fennel suffers Stun debuff (Fennel won't be able to use any active skill in the next turn. Fennel's Evasion becomes 0).
Passive Skills:
Name: Elem DEF UpSpecial Effect: +5 Fire, Ice and Electric Defense.

Quirk: Force Manipulation. Fennel has a Force Gauge that fills overtime at 5 Speed. After using "Force Boost: Analysis", the Force Gauge is reset to 0. If Fennel uses "Force Break: Eschaton", the Force Gauge's Speed becomes 0.

Edited by Enaluxeme

Ooh, nice, thanks~!

Palms sound, but I can't imagine how they work (without accidentally killing the user). Within the EOverse, I can see an alchemist mix up a bunch of things, and throw it at the enemy.

'sides, Fennel would've blown her hands off if she tried to do things up close and personal!

• 1 month later...

• Name: Genji

Comes from Overwatch (Technically is Fiction Piece)

Faithful and tolerant idealist, maintains a sense of humor, jokingly calling himself "Green Cyborg Ninja Dude". He also seemed to enjoy arcade games and ramen before he became a cyborg, trademark saying is:

"Ryujin No Ken Wo Kurae!"

​

• Long Story Short: After Overwatch split, he went back home before coming into the dream worlds

Uses Shurikens, A Katana which he can reflect bullets with, and can summon dragon spirits with them.

• 4 weeks later...

I'd give the guy another week or so to return. It's interesting, but I'm not sure what he had in mind for this world. Kinda bummed that he disappeared, though. ;/

• 2 weeks later...

I would be fine with either as long as this won't die out... but I have to admit that if this is gonna restart with new management and tweaking, then perhaps starting over wouldn't be that bad of an idea.

Yeah, I'm not sure which one would be better myself. I guess I do lean more towards a fresh start though cause I'd rather not infringe on the original plans. Also maybe to get more people, but that's probably just me being wishful since I used to play D&D with 13 other people at once. :P: Though a mechanics overhaul could make an enlarged player pool possible.

Looks like the 'Fresh Start' has it. I'll PM Ena and see if I can get exact details on the system while getting some reworks done.

Edit: I'll also PM some of the people who tried to sign up earlier.

Edit Edit: Just to be clear, I am NOT the GM and don't plan on being it. I just want to touch-up the system.

BIG EDIT: Hooo-kay. Since Ena hasn't responded I'm gonna have to take a look at the system and figure out my best as to how things worked. I'm also adding in a new stat called 'cooldown'. When you use a skill instead of having your speed reduced to 0 you'll have it reduced to that number instead.

[spoiler=Shepard]

Name: Shepard

HP: 120

Ammo Points: 10

Strength: 12

Spirit: 8

Defense: 12

Resistance: 10

Accuracy: +15

Skills

Basic Shot

Type: Ranged Physical

Base Damage 6-8

Base Accuracy: 75

Cooldown: 30

Effects: None

Name: Concussive Shot

Type: Physical, Ranged

Base Damage 5-7

Base Accuracy: 70

Cooldown: 15

Cost: 1 Ammo Point

Effect: Drops a targets speed to 0. 50% chance to Stun (target passes their next charge step). Can't be used consecutively.

Name: Incendiary Shot

Type: Ranged, Magical, Fire

Base Damage: 4-7

Base Accuracy: 80

Cost: 1 ammo point.

Special Effect: 45% chance target is inflicted with 'Burn' Status (loses 10 Hp each turn). Can't be used consecutively.

Name: Cryo Shot

Type: Ranged, Magical, Ice

Base Damage: 4-7

Base Accuracy: 70

Cost: 1 Ammo Point.

Special Effect: 45% chance target is inflicted with 'Frozen' Status (target lose 20 SPD and takes double damage from the next physical attack). Can't be used consecutively.

Name: Collector Particle Beam

Type: Ranged, Magical, Arcane.

Base Damage 10.

Base Accuracy: 100

Cooldown: 100

Cost: 1+ Ammo Point

Special Effect: After using this ability Shepard must either use it again or have their speed reduced to -50. Each use increases the cost by 1 (stacking). This weapon functions independent of all stats except HP, Accuracy, and Evade.

Name: Arc Projector

Type: Ranged, Magical, Lightning

Base Damage: 5-7

Base Accuracy: 60

Cooldown: 0

Cost: 2 Ammo Points

Special Effect: If this ability hits is first target it will damage the next sensical target for an identical amount and repeat (max: 3 hits). No duplicate hits.

Name: Adrenaline Rush

Type: Self-Buff

Cooldown: 50

Special Effect: For the next two rounds all attacks have an accuracy of 100. Cannot be used with Arc Projector. A base damage of 7 is guarenteed. Can only be used twice per combat.

Name: Paragon Interrupt

Type: Self-Buff

Cooldown: 40

Special Effect: Increase an ally's stats by 10% and heal their HP by 10% (Can be used to bring a target above 0). Can only be used twice per combat. Cannot be used on the same ally.

Name: Renegade Interrupt

Type: Special

Base Accuracy: 80

Cooldown: 60

Special Effect: If successful the next ability the target uses will target Shepard. They will also be really annoyed. Shame. Can only be used twice per combat.

Passive Skills

Name: Duck and Cover!

Effect: Shepard Recovers 5 HP at the start of his turn.

Name: Unity

Effect: Healing skills used by Shepard are 50% more effective.

Quirk

Weapon Change: Shepard may change his weapons at the start of his turn. He may choose between these weapons. (Weapon Defaults to M-8 unless otherwise noted).

M-3 Predator: Debuffs have a +15% chance of being applied to a target. Once per combat Shepard may increase their cooldown by 40. After use this pistol cannot be used again for three turns.

M-8 Avenger: Increase cooldown by 10.

M-23 Katana: Reduce cooldowns by 10. Concussive Shot deals double damage. Other shots deal an extra 2 damage

M-92 Mantis: All abilities except the Arc Projector gain +20 accuracy. When using Adrenaline Rush Shepard gains an additional 15 speed until the end of the buff.

Edited by Snowy_One

Just putting this out there to whoever ends up being in charge that I wouldn't mind helping direct the RP by handling the more tedious things or things you don't really like doing. I like the idea behind the RP and I think it has the potential to be something great, so yeah.

A few feedback from yours truly:

While the battle system currently in place might work in an actual RPG, I feel like it made the battles in this RP feel unnecessarily long and it took forever to get to someone's turn, mostly because besides having to wait for 5 other people to post, we also have to wait for the mod also posting in between each of them. Considering that we come from different timezones, I don't think that the current system is ideal for this RP.

An issue in the current RP is lack of communication with half of the players in the Skype group and the other half in an SF PM. While the problems we faced from this arrangement has been relatively minor so far, I can see the problems expanding as the story gets deeper. Like one half wanting to do things some way and the other wanting to do it another way. The result will leave people feeling alienated due to not being able to properly express their opinion. If not on skype, I feel like we need a platform where all of us can communicate properly with each other.

That's all I got for today, if anyone has anything else to add, do share.

As much as I want to take over, I want input from everyone else before I do. To improve communication, we need to use another avenue, preferably Discord. However, I absolutely need to check if I can use it, first.

Edit: The device I have can't use it, but I'll see if anything else I have can.

Edited by Hylian Air Force

A few feedback from yours truly:

While the battle system currently in place might work in an actual RPG, I feel like it made the battles in this RP feel unnecessarily long and it took forever to get to someone's turn, mostly because besides having to wait for 5 other people to post, we also have to wait for the mod also posting in between each of them. Considering that we come from different timezones, I don't think that the current system is ideal for this RP.

Part of the reason I'm introducing the cooldown is to try and make turns come up more frequently. Granted, I can't make people post, but that's a simple fact of life we'll have to deal with.

Part of the reason I'm introducing the cooldown is to try and make turns come up more frequently. Granted, I can't make people post, but that's a simple fact of life we'll have to deal with.

That's true, but what I was saying was that part of the reason for the long delay is the fact that the mod has to roll the result of each move before the next move can be done. If possible, I would like for the new system to eliminate this need. In a perfect world, the players themselves can roll the result of their own move, but well...

As much as I want to take over, I want input from everyone else before I do. To improve communication, we need to use another avenue, preferably Discord. However, I absolutely need to check if I can use it, first.

Edit: The device I have can't use it, but I'll see if anything else I have can.

I've never used Discord before but I'll manage if we do end up using it.