Recess is over! Time for a SRW J draft!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After a rewind to deployment phase (I keep a save state there because it's faster than dealing with the story scenes),

While it's not faster than reloading a save state, you can speed through text by holding A+R buttons I believe.

Hey there is a translation patch out for this right? I'm about to start up and I don't mind the native language but an english translation would be enjoyable.

Yeah, it's an xdelta patch. Some of their TL choices are a bit wonky, but since it saves boatloads of time compared to my slow ass speed reading Japanese, I'm just gonna have to live with it.

PxRvL89.png

It begins.

chapter 1, 3 turn

Spoiler

5VbUmOF.png

Chosen as kind of a balance of maximizing money and the damage potential the 5 extra upgrade levels should provide. If it turns out I should have done Nadesico instead of Layzner, well... oops.

xQDVqLo.png

I won't let them hurt you ever again, bby.

pu7ZMMj.png

Chapter 1.

zIWR4cv.png

Akito dances back a wee bit. He knifes the two that come to one range, shoots three of the others, and evades one (to save bullets, just in case). One of the knife hits crit, but it doesn't need to.

Y4GEH9J.png

We have to finish this nerd or it'll use the Repair Kit it's got, and that's OUR loot.

uZZ8MwT.png

We Gekigengar this mofo that we dodged last time.

57mmX7J.png

Reinforcements show up from the west and the east, all of them fly in and attack our mans. Two gekigengars to the ones on the left from Akito.

9rp0oi0.png

And two big blasts from Combattler, total the western front.

ts10UDr.png

Two rifle shots from Akito and two lasers from the Blue Earth are not enough to finish the eastern front.

tFDWkpo.png

TURN 3 FIGHT

8CauzmA.png

ezpz

HVnJ1BC.png

Chapter 2, 4 turns

Spoiler

Actual run differed very slightly than this one, as I went back to try to get better XP on Sayaka. It didn't work, but I did get better XP on the others, so...

kwDlQ7L.png

Because IFS and bias.

5q2jwrL.png

Chapter 2, go!

HOXGhR8.png

Stow the undrafteds, and accel on up.

oCeQIAv.png

5YcBrOi.png

7560w0h.png

In the real run, we don't crit that guy with the Nadesico, so it counters. Sadly we can't heal with Aphrodite for extra XP, because reasons. (The extra 21 XP would push over the threshold from 3x135 + ~80 xp heal on turn 2 means she'd level up and then earn only 67 from the 4th kill instead of 135 again, or some bullshit.)

7CBSAGw.png

Nadesico does 3375 damage on the first shot here.

6Q3ndOZ.png

vmvCv95.png

Mazinger doesn't do anywhere near as much, though the armor debuff is killer.

S5xLx04.png

Nadesico leaves all of the Batta alive on purpose. The more Aphrodite can get, the more favored series bonus $ we get.

vn2gePb.png

There is one exception, it's the chucklefuck over by Mazinger that thought it would be a good idea to be out of range of missiles and shoot her. I didn't want to have to try juggling killing it from full health with uncertain agro priorities, and Nadesico needs some XP too.

lx6aA9E.png

At some point Mazinger has killed enough/taken enough hurt to hit the will threshold for Mazinpower (130, IIRC). Now it's on!

TURN 2

0deyYbw.png

Aphrodite Repairs

TZxoucH.png

Nadesico gets as far away as possible while still chunking enemy battleships.

DQKImlZ.png

ShEBdzp.png

Just what the doctor ordered.

gvwpmKB.png

POW, right in the kisser.

3wUNh6u.png

LUV5tCM.png

Still targeting the Nadesico. For reference, the two lower left Batta that are in range of Mazinger actually target Mazinger over Aphrodite, meaning she'll easily live through the others with her Alert up.

TURN 3

DtiiMzG.png

That Batta targeted Nadesico, who evaded (but still got hit because battleship).

07vB59r.png

Breast Fire.

zsTtEgL.png

Gravity Cannon.

VLbGTw4.png

Too far away from the action to get any.

LaavTAl.png

Calvinia heads straight into the thick of it, Focus up.

Turn 4

KqLu7Ix.png

In the real run, more of them were left alive after first EP, for some additonal combat XP. Due to overleveled killing earning half XP gains, it only barely makes a difference in the end.

pzKjAGE.png

Sayaka heals Kouji, and Yurika Cheers for Calvina.

iUYWYYz.png

fxEBOEJ.png

Max range attack into Hit and Away, into a clean sweep on the EP.

zXDtA2R.png

I don't actually spend all that money, I was just testing things.

Now that I have permanent units, here's the details:

Char       Lv  XP    K    HP/EN/Mo/Ar/Wn    Skills                                                                                         Parts                                               Modules
===================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Calvina     5  234   12   00/00/00/00/00    Hit & Away | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             ||            |            |------------|------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Ruri        3   72    3   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |------------|------------||
Yurika      3   72    0   00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji       4   23    7   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL3  |            |            |            |            |             |             || Prop Tank  |            |------------|------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Sayaka      3  232    4   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko       3    0    0   00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |             |             || Booster    | ServoMotor |            |------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru      3    0    0   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||
Izumi       3    0    0   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||

Total Cash:  34200

Chapter 3, 4 turns

Spoiler

Took a fair bit of planning. I convince Gale to keep my options open.

9c5L4lc.png

RIP the martians.

H6RoyiS.png

Based on the deploy, it's fairly obvious which groups get which jobs.

ossWZR7.png

Calvina heads to the area where the final boss will be, Mazinger takes top center reinforce, Baybull takes initial top left and top left reinforce.

ewQ9fK5.png

Nadesico nyooms down and engages.

8jxElkH.png

Sayaka heals the Nadesico, the Aesties follow her lead. Izumi took the weakened kill.

go3hx8V.png

Eiji nyooms west to deal with these jokers.

rY1S1vH.png

One of David's enemies came to play with Eiji instead. That trend gets reversed next turn, so it's whatever.

oTWvGxw.png

Ryoko actually takes no damage from being hit, huh.

BnlzgXi.png

Nadesico draws and kills the final two.

TURN 2

0IAfJ78.png

Ruri Scans Gale to lower his evade.

WEEactT.png

David and Calvina reposition.

4oa962E.png

Izumi and Hikaru mop up a couple mooks.

0OtCiFl.png

Ryoko tags Gale.

xzR4qS5.png

Ruri does the same with a little help from Snipe. All Aesties are in the gravity wave range too.

1jCD7do.png

Sayaka takes the last one mooke from EP 1, while Eiji persuades.

WxngADH.png

4MZ3hWi.png

Ryoko can cleanly kill these with Gekigengar, and can critkill with the knife. Bumping her EN to 130 means she has 4 punches and one knife worth to allocate to the five enemies she needs to one-shot from full health.

GQjelFk.png

Counter and reasonable luck on dodging mean she doesn't lose any vital EN to Distortion barrier. David actually cleans up with quite a few counters of his own.

qjMrF40.png

The battleship is nowhere near dead, rip 3k spacebux.

ztlTHtj.png

Rip those ones too.

ZaZ8nSM.png

2iykolw.png

3SnWAWP.png

GG9PO2R.png

This is why we needed one pip of weapons on her, barely hit threshold.

UE6nR2R.png

She drops nice goodies, if it was just the cash, I probably wouldn't have bothered.

S5y9ldH.png

31F4CUG.png

qgm2tx1.png

Gale calls the retreat when he goes down, and ushers in the second wave.

A2F5qT0.png

INjDgVN.png

ilwEAku.png

YEKtDWZ.png

XzS4TiI.png

4jMp236.png

All enemies expect the boss group are keyed to run as close to Eiji as possible, they will however fire at anything in their range when they stop. Hence the careful positioning of my mans.

TURN 3

lIPLfBQ.png

Eiji and Ryoko hop on board the Nadesico for some shuttling to where they need to go.

3oKiZC2.png

David Guts heals and takes out the thing Kouji left for him.

d5LPaBi.png

Kouji walks it back a bit and Breastfires.

uLKElR5.png

Calvina Hit and Aways off of the one with the Repair Kit. She honestly could have stuck around, but at this point the boss's minions move, while he himself doesn't. So it's safe to do so.

UenJgRI.png

Aesties clean up the lower-right grouping.

l6T8Ds6.png

One of the Nadesico subs preps a Gain, and then they nyoom over to this location, where they are healed by Sayaka for free XP.

8HT42Oi.png

EP begins.

69cGh8k.png

Still running towards Eiji, even when he's aboard Nadesico.

eQ8rs2N.png

Ruri gibs this one to get the Gain kill, then since she's levelled, I evade the other two.

vmBwyBm.png

The battleship gets full force of the weapons systems though.

vgzf3Mt.png

Eiji pops out and critkills that Batta.

XZn4a9I.png

Targets are Calvina and Hikaru.

PVj1uFr.png

F5A8Fv4.png

We boop the battleship a couple times.

ugwa5Xl.png

K5PB6sL.png

XkcDBVW.png

Triangle Attack is go! (Not pictured, Izumi nuking the unfortunate skullgunner with another combo.) Also not pictured, Sayaka healing Nadesico and levelling up.

LuEJy5A.png

More softening for the inevitable.

ZjEYHFY.png

Best earlygame OG sub/10.

acwvvCx.png

3vI9z6P.png

Wham, blam, thank you ma'am.

GMKe0bd.png

c5bLQkb.png

I shouldn't have moved so far away, that's a shakier hit rate than I like to see. Good thing it didn't matter.

zzeKSHO.png

Char       Lv  XP    K    HP/EN/Mo/Ar/Wn    Skills                                                                                         Parts                                               Modules
===================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Calvina     7  377   15   00/00/00/00/00    Hit & Away | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             ||            |            |------------|------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Ruri        4  127    6   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |------------|------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Yurika      4  127    0   00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |------------|------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji       4  374    9   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL3  |            |            |            |            |             |             || Prop Tank  | Chobham    |------------|------------|| Def+5      |            |------------|------------||
Sayaka      4   95    5   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko       5  285    6   00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   |             || Booster    | ServoMotor |            |------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru      4  172    4   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      |            |            |------------||
Izumi       3  440    4   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||
David       5  217    9   00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            || Eva+5      |            |            |------------||
Eiji        4  325    3   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Skl+5      |            |------------|------------||

Total Cash:  83750

I haven't decided on upgrade spendings yet.

Edited by Balcerzak

Landing/submerging affects the terrain you are on. There's 4 types of terrain; Land, Air, Water, Space. Every pilot, unit and weapon has a rating in all of them. The ratings are C, B, A and S. The ratings serve as modifiers to things like base damage to attacks, accuracy and dodge rate (possibly crit rate and damage reduction as well) based on the type of terrain your unit is on/the unit you're attacking is on. With regards to things like dodge rates, the average of the pilot and unit terrain ratings make the final terrain ratings. In terms of weapon attack power, the only thing that matters is the terrain type being attacked.

The A rating is the baseline rating, and means nothing takes a penalty or a boost. The S rating is a boost to everything, in some part of the formula, by 10%. B rating is a 10% penalty in everything, and C is like a 25% penalty, possibly even more.

Beam weapons are also an exception in that they don't have a terrain rating for water. No matter if you equip a water jet (everything gets S in water) or grab the all S ranks full upgrade bonus for weapons, beam weapons will always default to 10 damage if they hit something in the water.

On the second point, the puzzle missions are free and recommended.

You guys are the best~!

Sceanrio 5 - 8/35

Buldy's repairs were quite helpful. Combattler's job is to tank, and Coustwell is to haraass. The enemies clumped up right in front of Nadeisco, and ate a Gravity Beam in response. Can't wait for Tekkaman~!

Scenario 6 - 7/42

So a bunch of enemies left themselves in Lohegrin range. Not my fault~! Roanne's leveling nicely, and Hyoma managed a couple of kills here. Strike Gundam FTW.

Edited by eclipse

Scenario 7 - 11/53

Geez, this one's long. Archangel survived this with triple-digit HP, thanks to Buldy's constant repairs. Combattler managed to gain several levels, alongside Strike. I really want Coustwell back, because this map would've been hilarious with it!

Scenario 8 - 10/63

The downside of the Archangel is that I'll have to listen to Flay's whining. She should've flirted with Toya instead. At least Kira could have someone better.

Oh, right, the actual map. Coustwell and Strike did Focus dodgetanking, while Combattler and Buldy scraped kills together. Eventually, Ruri got sick of everything, and blew up Mask Dude on EP.

Edited by eclipse

Stage 6: 4/27 Vorlent is sent forward to deal with the enemies, Nadesico picks off some stragglers so reinforcements spawn on turn 3 EP. Le Creuset is killed on turn 4.

Stage 7: 4/31 Because Nadesico has real trouble surviving the first wave, I send Vorlent in, and send Nadesico top right to soften up the gundams. Then I wheel around Vorlent to kill them on turn 4 EP to end the stage.

Stage 8: 4/35 Vorlent deals with the first wave, battleships set up for the second one. +8 weapons and fury mean the first wave is cleared on turn 3 EP, I let Nadesico kill Creuset on turn 4 EP.

Stage 9: 5/40 Vorlent takes one group, Nadesico the other, Archangel charges ahead to soften up Dagger. With enough rigging/luck Vorlent could dodge all the move reducing shots for earning optimizations, but I see no turncount reduction.

Stage 10: 8/48 Vorlent and Nadesico move to deal with initial enemies, Dancougar and Skygrasper set up to deal with the reinforcements, everyone converges to get Dan the Luck'd Devil gundam kill.

Current upgrades are:

Vorlent: +8 weapons

Nadesico: +10 EN, +1 weapons

The +weapons and half of the +EN on Nadesico are probably useless, but it would save me only 23k if I go back and revert them, so I'll just let it be.

Edited by Excellen Browning

I ended up doing a preliminary run of both of the routes after stage 10, and it turns out the Archangel route is faster by a bunch.

Map 11: 3/51 Vorlent runs up and deals with the initial enemies, making sure I trigger the reinforcements on turn 2 EP. Then I snipe Waldfeldt to end the stage on turn 3 PP

Map 12: 7/58 Initial dealt with on turn 2, then Vorlent solo's the reinforcements up north, Archangel and Skygrasper go south to set up and deal with things there. Had to wait to trigger the southern enemies to avoid penalties.

Map 13: 7/65 Yu and Hime start off doing some damage, then Vorlent comes in and cleans up.

Map 14: 8/73 Vorlent heads up to deal with the initials and the first reinforcements, everyone else heads south east to set up and deal with the SEED reinforcements.

Map 15: 7/80 Frustrating map, I do my best to clear initials and first reinforcements by setting units next to where they move, to have them attack. Dagger goes down, I set up Vorlent to end Karla on turn 7 EP.

Upgrades:

No changes

Stage 16: 7/87 Vorlent deals with the initials, the brains set up to deal with the G gundams. Battleships and others join, Zeorymer joins in on the G gundams, everyone else sets up for Master Gundam. He is done in on turn 7.

Stage 17: 10/97 Vorlent, Zeorymer and Dancouga deal with the initial enemies, battleships set up for Ashura. During the waiting period I reduce Ashura to low hp, so he's offed the moment I can kill him.

Stage 18: 8/105 Boring straight boss rush.

Stage 19: 5/110 Zeorymer and Dancouga deal with the Twin Lords, Vorlent first takes out some grunts, then heads south for the reinforcements.

Stage 20: 7/117 Vorlent solo's the initials, Dancouga goes south west, Zeorymer south east for the reinforcements. Everyone else deals with the boson jumper. After finishing up, they head north east to deal with Al-Van, but it takes a while.

I once again tried to do a run of both routes, but it turns out the Nadesico route has me taking a penalty on the first map. so Archangel route it is.

Upgrades:

Dancouga: +5 weapons, +15 EN, +10 HP

Zeorymer: +5 weapons, +15 EN, +10 HP

Vorlent: +10 weapons

The weapons on Zeorymer were needed to cleanly kill the G Gundams. For both of them, they can decently kill grunts at +5. Max EN is mandatory for both, considering their consumption.Vorlent needs +10 weapons to kill Al-Van on a support attack.

Map 21: 10/127 Vorlent deals with the Reclaimers, everyone else sets up for Ashura. Zeorymer lures the Twin Lords closer to the pack, and with some hit&away maneuvering, I can get to the Hakkeshu bot early to make it bugger off.

Map 22: 5/132 Vorlent deals with the initials, Zeorymer sets up north west, Archangel heads south east. Reinforcements appear and are quickly dealt with.

Map 23: 7/139 After the V brothers piss off it's a simple bossing rush.

Map 24: 5/144 I get the Behemoth on map as soon as I can, whittle it down, then go after the Boazans. Their boss dies on turn 7 EP.

Map 25: 12/156 The Voltes/Combattler part takes 6 turns, then the crew finally shows up. Zeorymer heads north to deal with reinforcements there, everyone else first heads into the first enemy group. Later they join Zeorymer.

Current upgrades:

Dancouga: +10 weapons, +15 EN, +10 HP, +9 armor

Zeorymer: +10 weapons, +15 EN, +10 HP, +9 armor

Vorlent: Unchanged

Zeorymer was upgrades to +10 weapons for stage 24, Dancouga for 25. Both have hit the point where just their spirit pools aren't enough anymore to mitigate the damage they take, so after stage 25 I spent most of my money on getting their armor upgraded. Zeorymer has -30% EN cost for weapons upgrade bonus, Dancouga has all S ranks though I might also switch that to EN cost reduction.

Edit: Interesting comparisons. In the first srw J draft, my turncount after stage 25 was 200, acacia sgt's was 199. Then in the second draft I got 189. All of these runs went on to (more than) double their turncount by the end of the game. I'm really curious to find out if this game can be be pushed sub-320 turns, which is my current pace.

ch 4, 5 turns

Spoiler

x9MJsUd.png

It begins.

rJRR6B5.png

We load everyone but Eiji and Calvina into the Nadesico, which has a booster equipped.

WbOH4mZ.png

Calvina activates Snipe, allowing her to potshot the battleship with a postmove. This is vital for chipping it down in a timely fashion. Alternately, I suppose I could have buffed her weapon rank a pip or two, but why spend money when you can spend SP.

FCCLmQR.png

gXsS9E9.png

Meanwhile the Nadesico accels to the west, as does Eiji himself.

Enemy phase is pretty simplistic, although for best results the AI RNG sends more people at Eiji than Ruri.

Turn 2

AAwK60L.png

Gzchh5A.png

We have enough damage to deal with the battleship, so Nadesico is free to take out this thing. Eliminating airborne units gives Sayaka more freedom by allowing her her post-move attack if I need to fall back on it.

wwYU7zj.png

ybVhoEN.png

All three Aesties pop out and potshot the battleship, as does Mazinger.

x8Fzpe3.png

David actually spends his time prepping the midboss.

714APDO.png

Eiji Persuades.

bfgXuhv.png

1mwTYJg.png

Hit and Away

JFmwx8N.png

Enemy phase sends one of the beefier mooks at Kouji, who critkills it, but the bulk of them just lightly damage themselves against David. The battleship exchanges blows with our battleship, and the midboss fights our OC.

PNHS2Qr.png

This would have gone poorly had I not Focused.

Turn 3

nQWgoYx.png

The lay of the land.

Dr8dzL1.png

Cheer+Luck

QwMd2q5.png

The other Aesties mop up some of the beef grunts, and Eiji accels onward and upward.

CKp2Kd9.png

qWIH5My.png

I deliberately left the mooks alive because Calvina is super overlevelled, and the loss of bonus cash isn't too much if they go to someone like Kouji or Sayaka. I think I do lose one to Nadesico, which is a bit harsher, but nothing to keep me up at night.

V79npy2.png

Kouji kills the last beef mook, and Sayaka patches him up after.

oERtmVe.png

Prepped for Enemy Phase.

MWZ32kg.png

Hit rate is a little sketchy here, but that can't be helped for several levels yet.

HRRijZ3.png

Even with Gale proccing Shield Defense, he goes down in flames.

ILl4M0n.png

syWfe62.png

ubC3uT5.png

We agree to help him out, as his fellows have shown up and started attacking him for some reason.

S5C4Ulb.png

The enemy reinforcements are in the upper left of the map.

1SzX1zG.png

Eiji gets several solid crits and kills a lot of things dead, positioned in the prime spot that he is.

Turn 4

Lvqg1f1.png

We're gonna need to clear this out, as Gale has 10 HP and the one time I didn't he didn't dodge for shit and was a priority AI target.

taGBfKf.png

7BG0OJi.png

DH3emzL.png

Aesties continue building the Will for their most powerful formation attack.

JI62cyU.png

7U1jxv0.png

Calvina was basically running on empty, so David fills her tanks.

uNIRQe7.png

Ruri throws down a Snipe to get a little bit of extra damage in.

bwVdyCU.png

Eiji just runs over and gets right in its grill.

hP4JzAO.png

FTjcoFz.png

That bastard had survived with 6 HP, lmao...

Enemy Phase

Rb2UAAU.png

Boss doesn't move yet, I guess. Upper ship eats a gravity beam crit. Excellent.

Turn 5:

gKyjWtE.png

OQnJ4rQ.png

Supportbot self-improvement hour, featuring patch up the Mazinger!

hVqYyLk.png

JqUkkdN.png

Aesties advance!

NrqUeYN.png

AMSGDS0.png

We feed Eiji a Cheered boss kill here. Its his plotline, he deserves it.

xQhTp3L.png

Nadesico clears with a crit, though honestly we still had EP to get it if we didn't.

3qVutQM.png

Calvina     8   79   21   00/00/00/00/00    Hit & Away | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             ||            |            |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    |            |------------|------------||
Ruri        5  479   11   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             || Booster    |            |------------|------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Yurika      5  479    0   00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |------------|------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji       6   93   16   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL3  |            |            |            |            |             |             || Prop Tank  | Chobham    |------------|------------|| Def+5      | SupDef+1   |------------|------------||
Sayaka      5  422    8   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko       6  211    9   00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   |             ||            | ServoMotor |            |------------|| Melee+5    |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru      5  211    7   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupDefL1   |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      |            |            |------------||
Izumi       5    7    7   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||
David       7   91    9   00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || Chobham    |            |            |            || Eva+5      |            |            |------------||
Eiji        8   94   10   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             || HE Radar   | ServoMotor |            |------------|| Skl+5      |            |------------|------------||

Total Cash:  134070

ch 5, 4 turns

Spoiler

Sv4yeub.png

It begins. Eiji was given one pip of weapons, and Calvina three.

b8E70U7.png

We choose the objectively best subpilot for our current situation.

x1SbQVE.png

We promptly load most everyone into the Nadesico, still sporting that booster for ferrying purposes.

6JWz76m.png

Eiji beelines for the left group of beasts.

cvxfqdx.png

Everyone else filters down toward the right.

Turn 2

eeeWzjk.png

Nadesico boosts its way down the center-middle, picking up a Sniped Gain kill.

C1YEstM.png

That triggers Akito's retreat and Akatsuki's appearace. We promptly stow him away.

5AnKhbM.png

We weaken everything here so we can actually kill them all on EP, even with their healing factors.

2VIT3vv.png

Getting XP where she can.

mN2CtPU.png

With Calvina support attacking with him, David can cleanly pick of this Radam.

rYCv0WT.png

Mazinger is carefully placed both next to David (so he can be refueled next turn) and out of range of the movement impairing Tentacle attack.

6nU22gs.png

gQTuurA.png

Hit and Away.

XrW0lhJ.png

Accel and crit.

BDZatnh.png

Ptj04jz.png

Most things die to Eiji in the upper left, one of the middle three go for Ryoko, the other two the Nadesico. I think Sayaka got one, Kouji took the rest, and Calvina evades the final enemy. Sadly, there was no way to prevent the Nadesico from taking that movement down hit. The reason we don't kill the last enemy and trigger the 2nd wave now is because we're too far away, so the enemies would actually move away from us and toward the Tekkaman, which is counterproductive.

Turn 3

KZEWW2x.png

DXYXVEI.png

Just supportbot things.

uj7YpUi.png

Now we trigger when we're good and ready for it.

ofPpDim.png

Our usual strategy of wound all the enemies now, to kill them on EP.

5iTTdVB.png

Eiji as usual is also taking the upper left.

YAvWpjx.png

Calvina's a little slower (no Accel), but it'll be fine, I promise.

Enemy Phase:

xN8gMef.png

Crit on Calf Missiles actually takes down the weaker beasts right nice.

xNdmCcA.png

The NPC actually moves up to help out.

Turn 4:

poZsNen.png

Hikaru grabbing a Luck kill on the slightly more rewarding beast type.

gSH5sis.png

The other Aestie wounds the bottom one for Eiji, then the last formation attacks the last guy into oblivion.

yYmCbyz.png

JP30dJM.png

With Kouji gone, these two have to tend to each other now.

cGh0Agd.png

I take the Snipe kill here, hoping Eiji will get the enemy phase kill for the guy on the left. It ends up going to Hikaru, which isn't terrible, as she learns Support Attack after leveling from it.

nCX1CtG.png

Taking out the trash.

7LyPonA.png

Kouji + Support Calvina = Dead beastie.

NIAWeXc.png

Calvina weakens this one, so Kouji only needs to crit the other one on the EP for a clean sweep.

C21QEwH.png

She has the juice to take everything else down, no problem, thanks to Ryoko (I think) having previously wounded the tentacle beast that likes to attack at one range, where she can't levy her more powerful attacks.

JxAOUUe.png

Calvina     8  277   26   00/00/00/00/03    Hit & Away | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             ||            |            |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    |            |------------|------------||
Ruri        7   35   15   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             || Booster    |            |------------|------------|| Def+5      |            |------------|------------||
Yurika      7   35    0   00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |------------|------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji       7  378   23   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL3  | SupDefL1   |            |            |            |             |             || Prop Tank  | Chobham    |------------|------------|| Def+5      | SupDef+1   |------------|------------||
Sayaka      6  386    9   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupDefL1   |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko       6  396   11   00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   |             ||            | ServoMotor |            |------------|| Melee+5    |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru      6  131    9   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      |            |            |------------||
Izumi       5  269    8   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||
David       8   64   10   00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || Chobham    |            |            |            || Eva+5      |            |            |------------||
Eiji        8  372   20   00/00/00/00/01    PrevailL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             || HE Radar   | ServoMotor |            |------------|| Skl+5      |            |------------|------------||

Total Cash:  124815

Total turns thus far: 20

Edited by Balcerzak

Stage 26: 7/163 Everyone rushes forward to intercept the enemies and their reinforcements, then rushes back to kill the second wave.

Stage 27: 5/168 Vorlent goes north west, Dancouga north east, Zeorymer south west. All the waves are quickly wiped after spawning.

Stage 28: 10/178 Vorlent moves north west during the first 3 turns to set up for the first reinforcements. Then the rest of the team and the second reinforcements appear, and I have to take a bit of time killing all the bosses.

Stage 29: 14/192 The team turtles up at first, then when my team appears on turn 4, it's a rush to kill Gauron and the Behemoths, then La Vie en Rose, then Ashura and Venus twice to finally end it.

Stage 30: 10/202 Everyone loads up, start moving towards the enemies. Everyone starts attacking on turn 3, initial enemies are dealt with on turn 4. Then Archangel starts moving to the south west corner while everyone else rushes over to kill the hakkeshu bots and Gauron.

Map 31: 3/205 Everyone charges down, then on turn 2 Dancouga and Vorlent charge down towards the reinforcements. Turn 3 Vorlent EP the Gundams get killed.

Map 32: 10/215 I kill the Hakkeshu bots in order of Burrstone>Dinodilos>Omzack to avoid triggering regen/guard on them. Then it's off to deal with Hau Dragon and the remaining HP on the Behemoths.

Map 33: 10/225 The G Gundams huddle up and sit out some turns, then when the battleships arrive Vorlent and Dancouga go east to deal with one boss, and Zeorymer west for the other. When those are dead, some transporting and then killing of Master and Devil Gundam, and then some more killing of Master Gundam.

Map 34: 5/230 Decked out Ailegrasper deals with the initials, then on turn 3 reinforcements spawn and Dancouga and Vorlent have a field day.

Map 35: 4/234 Vorlent heads off to deal with the initials, Dancouga heads north east and sets up to map attack two bosses. Turn 2 sees Vorlent Valor+Fury Duel Gundam, then kill all the gundams on EP. Dan maps two bosses, then does the other two the next turn, which wraps it up.

Current upgrades:

Vorlent: weapons +15, armor +10

Zeorymer: weapons +15, armor +10, HP +10, EN +15

Dancouga: weapons +15, armor +10, HP +10, EN +15

Skygrasper: weapons +10, mobility +3

Vorlent having +15 weapons is needed to kill the SEED Gundams in one shot with a crit. I upgraded its armor because it was starting to have real issues with surviving. Skygrasper got upgrades to reduce turns and make more reliable the start of map 34. The weapon upgrades to Dancouga and Zeorymer were done without immediate reason, but I expect them to pay dividents when going up against bosses and more beefy grunts.

Stage 36: 4/238 Zeorymer heads north west, Dan and Vorlent head north east to kill the initial enemies. Initials are cleared turn 3 PP, then Zeorymer goes to work on the bosses and the brains pick off some stragglers.

Stage 37: 9/247 Went to Alaska. Team more or less spreads out to deal with the waves, Vorlent takes on the Fury, and then what's left is mopped up.

Stage 38: 6/253 Freedom takes on the SEED grunts in the north west, Vorlent solo's Nobel and cohorts, Dancouga solo's the SEED Gundams, Zeorymer intercepts the Fury.

Stage 39: 4/257 Freedom heads off to deal with the initials, everyone else loads into a Nadesico stacked with movement parts and heads south west. Freedom triggers the reinforcements on turn 3, Dancouga and Zeorymer set up to kill the Gundams, all the others pick off some stragglers.

Stage 40: 5/262 Freedom, Dan, Zeorymer and Raftclans kill the first boss on turn 1, then the second on turn 3, then the big bad on turn 4. Everyone else holds back to deal with the grunts.

Current upgrades:

Freedom gundam: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +5 mobility

All others unchanged.

Freedom receives significant upgrades immediately upon joining after stage 37, as it is needed on 38 and 39. Freedom gets terrain S ranks.

Map 41: 8/270 Everyone but Freedom and Skygrasper load into a 12 move Nadesico, and head off. Freedom heads for Heaven's Sword, and Zeorymer and Dan split off on turn 2 to kill Grand Gundam. After dealing with Grand, everyone is loaded in and transported to the bosses, which then take a few turns to kill.

Map 42: 5/275 Vorlent takes north west, Dan takes a ferry north east, Zeorymer takes south west, accompanied by some brains. Freedom and Skygrasper take south east. The initials are all dead by turn 3, then the reinforcements are killed by turn 5.

Map 43: 5/280 Everyone loads into the 12 move Nadesico, turn 2 and 3 are spent sniping Ja-mu and everyone but Freedom loads into Nadesico on the Hit&away move. Nadesico then ferries everyone over to the tekkamen and the next 2 turns are spent mopping those up.

Map 44: 4/284 Went SEED route. Dan deals with the initials, Zeorymer with the eastern reinforcements, Raftclans with the western ones.

Map 45: 6/290 Raftclans sets up to MAP reinforcements on turn 2, Zeorymer and Dan set up to kill Sword. On turn 2, Sword is killed and a path is opened to retreat Blade. Evil is killed on turn 4, then Omega on turn 6.

Current upgrades:

Raftclans: +15 weapons, +10 EN, +10 armor

The EN is needed for attacks and things.

Currently sitting on 1,577,975 funbucks, but no need to spend them.

Stage 46: 9/299 Freedom rushes ahead, everyone else loads into Nadesico. Nukes get killed, then Dominion gets sniped and everyone loads into Nadesico again, then gets ferried to the Fury reinforcements. Those are cleared by turn 9. In hindsight, this map might be clearable in 8 turns.

Stage 47: 3/302 Raftclans, Nakki, Kant and Yuu head west, everyone else loads into Nadesico, which heads for the enemies. On turn 2 Dan and Zeorymer unload to kill the enemies, which are cleared by turn 3. Yuu, Kant and Nakki get into their formation and Quincy is sniped by Dan to end the map.

Stage 48: 6/308 Everyone loads into Nadesico. On turn 2 Raftclans heads left, Dan heads right, both to deal with the enemies there. Zeorymer heads south to intercept the reinforcements there. After Jonathan is killed, the brains are spread between left/down/right to help with killing bosses. After Raftclans and Zeorymer are done, they head for where Baron spawns to assist in finishing him.

Stage 49: 7/315 Freedom heads left to deal with the initial enemies, everyone else loads up. Initials are killed on turn 2, everyone unloads and starts hurting the bosses. On turn 5, Dan, Raftclans and Zeorymer hit&away back into Nadesico after killing everything, which then sets off to head for Creuset. Creuset is finished on turn 7.

Stage 50: 4/319: Dan, Zeorymer, Freedom, Raftclans attack Ja-Mu, everyone else loads up and heads down. Ja-mu is killed on turn 2 and everyone hit&aways into Nadesico, which then heads for Gu-landon. Start attacking on turn 3 and finished by turn 4.

Upgrades:

No changes, currently at 2,700,000 funbucks.

Unfortunately no 320 turn clear, though 330 might be possible.

Map 51: 5/324 Freedom goes fighting mooks, everyone else moves into Nadesico. On turn 2 they unload to clear roadblock, and on turn 3 the reinforcements spawn. Ja-Mu and Fu-Lu are killed on turn 5.

Map 52: 6/330 Everyone loads up into Nadesico, turn 2 is spent unloading and setting up for Gu-Landon. Gu is dealt with on turn 3 and Dan, Raftclans and Zeorymer hit&away into position for the second part of the Gu fight. Turn 4 is the brains getting support attacks into the third stage, Dan, Zeo and Raft head off to deal with the Orgone generators. Turn 5 sees the generators mostly dealt with and Dan,Zeo and Raftclans moving back into boss position. Gu-Landon is finally finished on turn 6.

Upgrades:

Raftclans: +15 weapons, +10 EN, +10 armor, terrain S ranks

Dancougar: +15 weapons, +15 EN, +10 armor, terrain S ranks

Zeorymer: +15 weapons, +15 EN, +10 armor, EN cost -30%

Nadesico: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +10 armor, EN cost -30%

Freedom gundam: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +6 mobility, terrain S ranks

Nanga Brain: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +5 mobility, terrain S ranks

Yuu Brain: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +5 mobility, terrain S ranks

Hime Brain: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +5 mobility, terrain S ranks

Lasse Brain: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +5 mobility, terrain S ranks

Higgins Brain Child: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +5 mobility, terrain S ranks

Kana Brain Child: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +5 mobility, terrain S ranks

Skygrasper 1: +10 weapons, +10 EN, +5 mobility, terrain S ranks

Baronz: +10 weapons, +10 EN, terrain S ranks

All other units have not received upgrades.

Kill rankings (pre-endgame):

1st: Calvina / 670

2nd: Shinobu / 291

3rd: Masato / 272

4th: Ruri / 130

5th: Kira / 109

6th: Murrue / 68

7th: Domon / 56

8th: Nanga / 45

9th: Hime / 44

10th: Yuu / 28

11th: Lasse / 27

12th: Higgins / 24

13th: Kanan / 23

14th: Dearka / 10

15th: Rain / 5

16th: Jonathan / 0

My ideas about my units:

Vorlent/Raftclans: beast.

Dancouga: Picking Combattler over Dancouga might have saved me some turns here and there. Dan has much better long range weapons than Combattler though, and I suspect that makes a bunch of stages much easier to deal with.

Zeorymer: B Air ranking is unfortunate, as it tanks the accuracy. Having to spend the weapons upgrade bonus on EN cost reduction instead of S rankings for more damage is unfortunate. Neither pilot having Guard or Guts is also unfortunate, if slightly mended by the DCS barrier. Zeorymer definitely has some strings attached, but fortunately these can mostly be worked around.

Vorlent/Raftclans, Dancouga and Zeorymer most definitely formed the core of my team. They served as the main damage dealers, and often dealt with waves on their own. Because they form the core, I think their picking warrants a first round draft.

God Gundam: It has good damage potential. It's effectively locked to 1-3 range. It has low movement. It has good EN, but low HP and Armor values and average mobility. It has B Air ranking, which means the dodge rate takes a further hit, along with Domon's already not stellar avoid stat. Luckily hit stat is high and compensates for the hit rate penalty. There are a lot of negatives here and I regret picking it as early as I did.

Skygrasper: I came into this expecting the Skygrasper to be an earlygame force, but it turned out it had trouble finishing enemies in one shot even with weapons maxed. So it sat there, little used till stage 34, where the investment could finally save me turns. And then on stage 42 it tag teamed one quarter of the map with the Freedom. Otherwise I can count the amount of resupplies I did on one hand.

Hime Brain: Provided Bless. The increased income warrants a fairly early draft.

Yuu/Nanga/Lasse/Kanan/Higgins Brain: Were never really used for the damage output. They provided support defends and survivable, low-investment units to use up the support attacks of the main damage dealers. Otherwise they were sometimes used to clear some leftovers. Definitely a good few drafts to support a main team.

Freedom Gundam: Was a solid damage dealer, capable of clearing out a wave of grunts. Was of course not as powerful as the main damage dealers but a good second hander.

Rising Gundam: Provided Aid. Made some late game clears much easier or possible.

Baronz: Extremely late joiner, more or less an improved Brain.

• 2 weeks later...

ch 6, 3 turns

Spoiler

rdC8v4B.png

We inside a colony.

8KXvome.png

Ryoko and the undrafted get on the ship.

FdvCfuy.png

Mazinger softens up a thing for Izumi.

Qv5oi7W.png

Calvina softens a thing for later, and Sayaka heals Kouji. Calvina's position is important.

NUPb8Bo.png

Ruri finishes what Calvina started.

1Jf60pn.png

Eiji softens a thing and David cleans it up.

SIhdzYA.png

This enables Kira to Accel somewhere he won't be attacked, avoiding penalties.

CsHrlFB.png

Eiji gets hit on the EP. We want this, actually.

Cq7EdOu.png

Our positioning from before pays off. Calvina fails to dodge, and David tanks the hit. David is also not standing on the regenerating HP base, so the damage will stick, which we want.

Turn 2:

PnoHcWt.png

David resupplies Calvina for XP.

II6zjNE.png

Sayaka heals Eiji for XP.

ghCZMq1.png

Kira loads onto the Nadesico and stops being a nuisance. For now, at any rate.

Azrasiw.png

It's important to have been using Rocket Punch, even though it doesn't kill, because it outpaces the EN regen of 5/turn.

kUtR9qx.png

acmhPLH.png

Hikaru and Izumi clean up some scraps.

zYguot6.png

Nadescio zooms along and does some softening.

kKRX6co.png

jKxjnZB.png

Calvina Hit & Aways southward.

4E06pZ0.png

Eiji also heads south.

18GdTJf.png

Ryoko pops out for some chip XP.

yH32Are.png

Nadesico kills one of the mooks, then defends the rest so her Aesties can get them.

H9kHRYs.png

Eiji squares off with the boss.

Turn 3:

6ljoZUC.png

Mazinger moves over to get resupplied.

2oZhQhV.png

David gets his damage from earlier healed.

RUGXOU8.png

Aesty cleanup.

6MJQWPB.png

Ryoko dunks Miguel.

Ziku4N5.png

Nadesico finishes the final...

482hWGx.png

Reinforcements you say? Thankfully it's a bosskill condition, not a rout.

vVayeAq.png

urXEuU4.png

Calvina Hit & Aways into range.

lZxMUeA.png

C6F5EJn.png

We go fishing for a lucky crit.

aarciHf.png

8p8Y5yr.png

SyVeAVi.png

EP phase we do some scumming for crits for cash. Calvina has a zero crit chance against the boss though, but enough damage (though it's closish).

ZZ6dEdj.png

Calvina     9  389   33   00/00/00/00/03    Hit & Away | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             ||            |            |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    |            |------------|------------||
Ruri        7  320   18   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             || Booster    |            |            |            || Def+5      |            |------------|------------||
Yurika      7  320    0   00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji       7  458   24   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL3  | SupDefL1   |            |            |            |             |             || Prop Tank  | Chobham    |------------|------------|| Def+5      | SupDef+1   |------------|------------||
Sayaka      7  337    9   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupDefL1   |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko       8   31   12   00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   |             ||            | ServoMotor |            |------------||           |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru      6  351   11   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      |            |            |------------||
Izumi       6  375   11   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupDefL1   |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||
David       9   38   11   00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || Chobham    |            |            |            || Eva+5      |            |            |------------||
Eiji        9  296   28   00/00/00/00/05    PrevailL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             || HE Radar   | ServoMotor |            |------------|| Skl+5      | Melee+5    |------------|------------||
Murrue      7    0    0   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |------------||
Natarl      7    0    0   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |------------||

Total Cash:  68610

From now on, the parts and modules are what I used in the just completed mission. I'm not going to try to guess ahead any longer. While I was a bit wary of dumping all that cash onto Layzner's weaponry, it was going to happen sooner or later anyway, this way I could at least collect mook cash and the bosskill rather than just a retreat.

ch7, 4 turns

Spoiler

hKouhFW.png

Part 2

QwVqeCV.png

All the chumps go on the Archangel, all the good units on the Nadesico, which zoom-zooms like never before with the addition of a second booster.

Turn 2:

sf9sbo3.png

zoomzoom

pZlWG8m.png

Unload the supports.

KXKhS18.png

Eiji engages Miguel.

ttntl0o.png

Calvina sets up to take most of the mooks.

w426sOs.png

Archangel is eating dust.

V8CjLqG.png

We kill enough on the EP to trigger the reinforcements. Mazinger is conveniently placed to intercept, sort of. A fair few ignore him, I think things are programed to move as far toward the battleships as possible, about half to each.

SEefr1c.png

Miguel goes down for the second time in two maps.

wkBcGdN.png

Nice.

Turn 3:

nW0kMHw.png

You can either snipe->Hit & Away, or Snipe and post-move. I think in the final run, I did it the other way, but we have enough damage it doesn't matter. Calvina's end position immediately north of Archangel is important though.

U1nK8UY.png

Eiji closes on the battleship. Doubling up the HE Radar allowed his Calf Missiles to actually hit it on the EP.

GWQQNDM.png

Ruri scans all of the X Numbers for added accuracy for Kouji on the EP.

HHPqvqE.png

Kouji does his part to get ready for that as well.

8ZKGCf0.png

Gravity blast.

NBOSSxl.png

Supply for XP.

utg02SA.png

Repair for XP.

5q2ECTT.png

Unload the Aesties one after the other, finishing with a Luck kill.

SzG8owN.png

Kouji repositions ever so slightly to be in range of all the X Numbers.

50DRGlX.png

rWVvz8j.png

7Kd3OCf.png

p3VIRhP.png

Iffy hit rates, but we make them connect. It also takes damn near all of his remaining EN.

ZfAxnhq.png

Yurika casts her Cheers first, obviously (Hikaru and Izumi are still lagging behind on levels, so they get preferential treatment.)

w4Q4Eii.png

Katia's Blessing comes in real handy here.

nD7yXFW.png

9866ecx.png

ItdkUi8.png

The actual run is slightly different, because I had proper positioning to actually formation chain them the way I wanted. The main principle is the same though. David weakens one for Hikaru to kill. Then Izumi uses Fury to bypass the barrier and kills a second (without needed Sayaka's help, provided Kouji to have crit one on EP, otherwise Sayaka obviously chips in). Then with the two lesser Aesties at 130 will, Ryoko Spirits her way to match and unlocks the Melee version which easily oneshots the third X Number.

peGkA5r.png

Guts is busted. (Sayaka heals Kouji if she doesn't need to chip for Izumi.)

J5FQBTd.png

Kouji uses the last of his EN to chip at the final number.

eHfXf7x.png

Archangel leverages Calvina support. If they'd crit on the EP, and both of these crit it would take it out, but we actually don't want that.

PFrqWx9.png

Because Calvina has favored series bonus for extra $.

ereHzG0.png

I think he's beelining toward the Nadesico, but he'll potshot anyone in range along the way. We conveniently put the only target we want getting fired at right in his line of fire with Hit & Away.

kPcZoom.png

Very productive map. I feel better about our finances again.

Calvina    10  199   40   00/00/00/00/03    Hit & Away | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             ||            |            |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    |            |------------|------------||
Ruri        8  182   23   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        |            |            |            |            |             |             || Booster    | Booster    |            |            || Def+5      |            |------------|------------||
Yurika      8  182    0   00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji       9   53   28   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL4  | SupDefL1   |            |            |            |             |             || Chobham    | Chobham    |------------|------------|| Def+5      | SupDef+1   |------------|------------||
Sayaka      8  290    9   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupDefL1   |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko       8  410   13   00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   |             ||            | ServoMotor |            |------------||           |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru      8  491   13   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      |            |            |------------||
Izumi       8  389   12   00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||
David       9  210   11   00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            || Eva+5      |            |            |------------||
Eiji        9  471   32   00/00/00/00/05    PrevailL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             || HE Radar   | ServoMotor | HE Radar   |------------|| Skl+5      | Melee+5    |------------|------------||
Murrue      7  442    0   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |------------||
Natarl      7  442    4   00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |------------||

Total Cash:  140110

We have some fun new toys that have dropped, but I'm not sure where to equip them. Hopefully the Archangel gets their Accel sub soon.

Total turns: 27.

Edited by Balcerzak

• 2 months later...

ch 8, 4 turns

Spoiler

http://i.imgur.com/Hc8PIId.png

We begin the next mission.

http://i.imgur.com/x3O9z64.png

It's a somewhat standard load the battleships, accel the battleships, advance type scenario. The specific placement is fairly carefully chosen for optimal AI pathing on EP.

http://i.imgur.com/8KJK7ek.png

Turn 2: We continue advancing.

http://i.imgur.com/YN3d2C8.png

Aphrodite heals Nadesico for delicious XP.

http://i.imgur.com/JrqyPEH.png

Kouji is carefully positioned for enemy ranges, Eiji softens for him.

http://i.imgur.com/ZLz4eF1.png

We have the two Aesties open up a spot that Calvina needs to sit on.

http://i.imgur.com/lbCX99k.png

Baybull needs to hang next to her for next turn, IIRC, but he weakens one for later while Calvina takes care of what Nadesico weakened earlier.

http://i.imgur.com/PMEMdNY.png

Feeding some Will to Aesties is part and parcel.

http://i.imgur.com/cD2AwpX.png

Most of the enemies die to Eiji, but one of the Gundams goes for Kouji and eats a Rust Hurricane for its troubles.

http://i.imgur.com/Y7MxocV.png

Calvina eats the southern enemies for breakfast, does good work on the other Gundam, and downs Miguel for good measure.

http://i.imgur.com/fJtldi8.png

Turn 3:

I don't always attack with Aphrodite, but when I do it's because my hand is forced. This battleship must go down, and I need to do it efficiently (thanks support attacks!)

http://i.imgur.com/xXHIgsZ.png

I believe that's Ryoko punching it after amping her Spirit.

http://i.imgur.com/7DPKFHa.png

And this is Hikaru (plus support attack) to finish the job.

http://i.imgur.com/WJEucO9.png

Delicious Luck gains.

http://i.imgur.com/dd0MWc5.png

Calvina needs some EN back.

http://i.imgur.com/mYtEeL2.png

Delicious Accel get.

http://i.imgur.com/jPcF5iZ.png

This allows her to execute this manuever.

http://i.imgur.com/wckYEb3.png

For a self-Blessed pickup.

http://i.imgur.com/1msNGSV.png

And a Hit&Away back into the Nadesico.

http://i.imgur.com/1kI3eiz.png

Kouji softens the other Gundam with some nice Breast Fire.

http://i.imgur.com/7MtJBHk.png

Then Izumi swoops in for a Cheered finish. For optimal money gains, I probably should have swapped the two (because favored series), and I should maybe have tried juggling the battleship kill to Calvina instead, but I think damage values and resultant positionings dictated otherwise on that one.

Ch08022.png

Enough Will has been gained for Mazinpower activate.

Ch08023.png

Also, having routed the enemy, the reinforcements show up. Nadescio Accels to meet them, and starts a Sniped pounding on the backline battleship.

Ch08024.png

Archangel comes close by, but is out of range, but Eiji can nyoom in for some action.

Ch08025.png

Turn 4:

Resupply. The Aesties are outside the Gravity Field, but good thing there's not much map left.

Ch08026.png

This cheeky bugger survived EP with 9 hp. 9!

Ch08027.png

More cleanup.

Ch08028.png

Some sweet loving for XP.

Ch08029.png

And more cleanup.

Ch08030.png

Eiji wings over to try to get us as many of the mook kills as possible before we trigger map end (Crueset or Battleship retreat/down).

Ch08031.png

Nadesico executes a MAP attack.

Ch08032.png

They need to miss Creuset but hit everyone else (unless they missed on EP, but they didn't).

Ch08033.png

That's decentish scratch, and good Gain XP.

Ch08034.png

Calvina pops out of the Nadesico to soften the battleship a little more.

Ch08035.png

Then we have Archangel do its own MAP and get a critkill. (RIP acceptable collateral damage to the Nadesico.)

Ch08036.png

Thanks to the Luck on the subpilot, that's some fat cash right there. Self-Cheered as well.

Ch08037.png

We've got the savescreen shot for great justice.

Finish 8
Char       Lv  XP    K    Me/Sh/Df/Sk/Ht/Ev  HP/EN/Mo/Ar/Wn    Skills                                                                                         Parts                                               Modules
======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Calvina    11  183   47   00/09/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/04    Hit & Away | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             || Stable OS  |            |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    |            |------------|------------||
Ruri        9  178   27   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL0+1 |            |            |            |             |             || Booster    | Booster    | Apogee     |            || SupAtk+1   |            |------------|------------||
Yurika      9  178    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji       9  225   30   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL4  | SupDefL0+1 |            |            |            |             |             || Chobham    | Chobham    |------------|------------|| Def+5      | SupDef+1   |------------|------------||
Sayaka      9  103    9   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko       9   34   14   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   |             ||            | ServoMotor |            |------------|| Melee+5    |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru      9  152   16   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      |            |            |------------||
Izumi      10  204   14   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||
David      10  205   11   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || AB Coat S  |            |            |            || Eva+5      |            |            |------------||
Eiji       10   75   35   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/05    PrevailL2  |            |            |            |            |             |             || HE Radar   | ServoMotor | HE Radar   |------------|| Skl+5      |            |------------|------------||
Natarl     10   28   13   00/06/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             || Scope      |            |            |            || Skl+5      | Hit+5      | Def+5      |------------||
Murrue     10   28    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |------------||

Total Cash:  178650
Total Turns: 31

ch 9, 4 turns

Spoiler

Ch09001.png

The title is kind of misleading, considering how the stage plays out, but it's whatever.

Ch09002.png

Slightly different than usually, Eiji gets two move parts, Nadesico one, Archangel none. We load Baybull and Aphrodite into Archangel as well, instead of the normal "everyone on Nadesico" I've been doing.

Ch09003.png

Mazinger needed a range extender part for this. Having him start in the center was also a pretty big boon.

Ch09004.png

Eji can also just barely reach what he needs to with Accel and parts.

Ch09005.png

First half of EP has them crowd in on him like so, with a couple dying to Calf Missiles/crits, maybe.

Ch09006.png

Mazinger starts using Breast Fires at this pic, it's super effective (if it crits).

Ch09007.png

Once Mazinpower kicks in it doesn't even need that anymore.

Ch09008.png

Turn 2:

David pops out and Accels over to put a dent in the beefier Radom.

Ch09009.png

Which allows the Archangel to finish (after again, an Accel).

Ch09010.png

I should have healed Baybull for slightly higher XP, but I forgot he was hit on a 15% or whatever.

Ch09011.png

It doesn't really matter where Mazinger stands tbh. If the reinforce condition required complete rout, it would, but we have some flex room, which is so nice.

Ch09012.png

Nadesico Accels and Snipes to wound that up for Archangel.

Ch09013.png

Calvina pops out to soften that for Eiji.

Ch09014.png

Who himself moves to the killzone position and performs the final weakening.

Ch09015.png

The three Aesties are arranged so as to manipulate AI movement etc.

Ch09016.png

One survives Eiji's slaughter, due to the Asteroid providing defense boosts.

Ch09017.png

David blocks the Tentacle, meaning there Archangel won't be movement impaired.

Ch09018.png

The kill triggers the reinforcements (I think 3 left standing is the key).

Ch09019.png

That last one on the RHS wants to play with Sayaka, which is kind of cute I guess.

Ch09020.png

This is what the reinforcements look like before they swoop into action.

Ch09021.png

This is what they look like afterwards (more or less, I think there's some offscreen further left...)

Ch09022.png

Turn 3:

Refuel.

Ch09023.png

Repair.

Ch09024.png

With the SP Up Module Hikaru can Luck twice, but Radam's have shit money, so we just take what we can get.

Ch09025.png

Which isn't great, but it's better than nothing.

Ch09026.png

Now we're weakening up.

Ch09027.png

For the Archangel to swoop in and take some.

Ch09028.png

Nadesico starts plinking at the enemy Tekkaman.

Ch09029.png

Calvina follows suit.

Ch09030.png

Eiji repositions (the Radam he left alive will chase him still, so no worries there.)

Ch09031.png

More chipping away at the boss. It has a lot of health, starting early is never a bad plan.

Ch09033.png

That Radam still has a hard-on for Sayaka.

Ch09034.png

Battleships tend to be aggro magnets, it's not surprising the boss fires at her.

Ch09035.png

Turn 4:

Kouji has had about enough of that beast hitting on his girlfriend.

Ch09036.png

Refuel.

Ch09037.png

Repair.

Ch09038.png

If you didn't see this coming when I lined it up last turn, pay closer attention. (I specifically made sure not to kill any even though I could have gotten some on EP).

Ch09039.png

Because Luck Cheer is broken with MAPs in this game (future games nerf it some, IIRC).

Ch09040.png

Absolutely disgusting.

Ch09041.png

I mean, I'm not going to look gift cash in the mouth, but wow.

Ch09042.png

We have plenty of damage, so I'm pinging it with all my weakest attacks so everyone can get chip XP.

Ch09043.png

As you can tell by my purposefully avoiding support attacks and not using the teamwork maneuver.

Ch09044.png

Still chipping.

Ch09045.png

Still chipping.

Ch09047.png

This should do it.

Ch09048.png

Good work team!

Ch09049.png

So, on the test run, that last guy had politely moved up a square and gotten gibbed by Archangel. This time it dies on EP instead.

Ch09051.png

Final scoreboard.

Finish 9
Char       Lv  XP    K    Me/Sh/Df/Sk/Ht/Ev  HP/EN/Mo/Ar/Wn    Skills                                                                                         Parts                                               Modules
======================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================================
Calvina    11  238   47   00/10/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/04    Hit & Away | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             || Stable OS  |            |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    |            |------------|------------||
Ruri       10  423   33   00/08/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL0+1 |            |            |            |             |             ||            | Booster    | EN Chip    | Solar Panel|| SupAtk+1   |            |------------|------------||
Yurika     10  423    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji      10   41   35   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL4  | SupDefL0+1 |            |            |            |             |             || HE Radar   | L Generator|------------|------------|| Def+5      | SupDef+1   |------------|------------||
Sayaka     10  117    9   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko       9  133   14   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Melee+5    |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru     11   75   18   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      | Eva+5      | SP+10      |------------||
Izumi      10  242   14   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |            |------------||
David      11  287   11   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || AB Coat S  | ServoMotor | ServoMotor |            || Eva+5      |            |            |------------||
Eiji       10  474   44   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/07    PrevailL2  | (Counter)  |            |            |            |             |             || Booster    | ApogeeMotor| HE Radar   |------------|| Skl+5      | Counter    |------------|------------||
Natarl     10  484   22   00/09/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             || Scope      | Chobham    | Chobham    |            || Skl+5      | Hit+5      | Def+5      |------------||
Murrue     10  484    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |------------||

Total Cash:  153560
Total Turns: 35

Total turns: 35.

Edited by Balcerzak

ch 10, 6 turns

Spoiler

Ch10001.png

This is an ominous title if ever there was one.

Ch10002.png

Eiji's and Baybull's are the only positions that really matter that much. Hikaru, Izumi, and Sayaka have all the time in the world to get into their eventual positions.

Ch10003.png

We resupply Nadesico because whynot?

Ch10004.png

On the west hand front Mazinger gets into position then waits for a long time.

Ch10005.png

Calvina heads north, the others head east to meet up with the Nadesico.

Ch10006.png

Eiji puts on his running shoes and Accels as far north as he can.

Ch10007.png

The tentacle beasts are the only ones that move on EP1, which makes things trickier than they otherwise could have been.

Ch10008.png

This is their final positions more or less.

Ch10009.png

Turn 2:

Ryoko finishes moving into Nadesico and swaps Air for Ground, now that she's got some spare time.

Ch10010.png

All the other undrafteds are now safely aboard as well.

Ch10011.png

Sniped crit takes care of that Radam.

Ch10012.png

Calvina's H&A repositions herself so that only one can really abuse a cliff for defense boosts.

Ch10013.png

Eiji's position isn't exactly ideal, because a lot of those Radam get forest def boosts, but I couldn't find any better way to work it.

Ch10014.png

Calvina cleans up all but the one, as was foretold.

Ch10015.png

Eiji gets hit by a tackle. As long as it's not a movement impairing tentacle, I couldn't care less.

Ch10016.png

He left significantly more alive, for shame, for shame.

Ch10017.png

Turn 3:

Since he has H&A module, I put it to good use, killing...

Ch10018.png

And repositioning. He's in range of the top one and the right one.

Ch10019.png

Calvina kills her straggler...

Ch10020.png

And H&A's over to get into range of the last one.

Ch10021.png

It took some finagling and multiple attempts but ultimately it was better to have the support units farther away rather than providing support defends. Go figure.

Ch10022.png

Boom goes the dynamite, this triggers reinforcements to act immediately.

Ch10023.png

There are 9 death army gundam things on both the left...

Ch10024.png

And on the right.

Ch10025.png

Mazinger takes a few lumps to get up to Mazinpower...

Ch10026.png

Then absolutely murders.

Ch10027.png

I think this one is the only one that attacks Hikaru.

Ch10028.png

The rest piled onto Izumi for some reason. I used her knife mostly, to conserve EN while she's away from Nadesico. It might have been better to try artillery frames for Ammo, but then proper placement would have been even more of a nightmare, and they couldn't do a fighting retreat as easily. Unless all but three of the death army died this turn, it wouldn't matter as far as turn savings though, so it's w/e (I don't think the Aesties would consistently one shot them tbh, and even if they could, they'd never get over to where Devil Gundam spawns to give Ryoko her formation attack. My other big guns are still way up north too, so there'd just be no damage and the extra turn would likely go to waste.)

Ch10029.png

Turn 4:

I resupplied Hikaru, who'd barely used any EN, but she was higher level and more importantly could reach. Welp...

Ch10030.png

Calvina and Eiji came down, and Sayaka starts on that free XP.

Ch10031.png

Mazinger inches closer, while Nadesico and Ryoko position themselves a little better.

Ch10032.png

I have no idea why one of them went for David, but luckily it was not an issue, as he could still kill it.

Ch10033.png

The rest all suicided to Izumi. (Well, aside from the two Mazinger nabbed that I forgot to cap.)

Ch10034.png

When only 3 remain, the reinforcements arrive.

Ch10035.png

If Ryoko weren't here, they might have gone for Domon and caused penalties. Thank you Ryoko.

Ch10036.png

That wasn't so bad.

Ch10037.png

This is the only time Devil Gundam will let itself be countered on EP, as once its Will is up it spams its MAP. :(

Ch10038.png

That's... not a lot of damage, compared to the health bar. Oh boy.

Ch10039.png

Turn 5:

Refueling Izumi. This is needed.

Ch10040.png

Hikaru tickles the Devil. It's mostly her repositioning that's needed.

Ch10041.png

So that Ryoko can lay on some serious hurt.

Ch10042.png

Thank you Dustproof.

Ch10043.png

Eiji sidles on down and triggers Nadesico support module.

Ch10044.png

For not insignificant chunks.

Ch10045.png

Because face it, we need them all.

Ch10046.png

Calvina unloads her big guns.

Ch10047.png

Yeah, this'll take awhile.

Ch10048.png

She H&As over to David for next turn a resupply.

Ch10049.png

Eiji gets more healing.

Ch10050.png

Nadesico unloads.

Ch10051.png

It's progress.

Ch10052.png

Last LHS enemy suicides on Mazinger as we finally let it catch up.

Ch10053.png

Here's the MAP radius. Mean one, that one.

Ch10059.png

Turn 6:

Hikaru gets her last Luck kill on a mook I saved for that purpose.

Ch10060.png

Calvina is resupplied as intended.

Ch10061.png

She's also repaired from the plot incurred damage at mission start.

Ch10062.png

Mazinger unloads a Rust Hurricane. While potentially I'd get better raw numbers from Breast Fire than the debuff (I never bothered to do the math), at this point we don't need pure numbers, as we can obviously do the damage (we did more than half on one turn already given that it's regenned some), we also need to avoid a retreat threshold.

Ch10063.png

Then again, I can't imagine more than maybe 2.5k difference, and we've got a lot of attacks coming to make use of the debuff after all.

Ch10064.png

Yeah, I think it's definitely worth.

Ch10065.png

More Melee formation.

Ch10066.png

Almost exactly 400 more than last time?

Ch10067.png

Izumi could obviously also trigger a formation, but we need to Price is Right this bitch and not send it packing early, so it took a little playing around to find the right numbers.

Ch10068.png

These ones helped me get there.

Ch10069.png

We're not even using Ruri support, and opting for the puny missiles on top of that. Don't judge me.

Ch10070.png

They still pack a punch.

Ch10071.png

Calf Missiles are a go.

Ch10072.png

Nice, that's within a couple hundred of our margin.

Ch10073.png

And well within Calvina's abilities.

Ch10074.png

Well... within them at any rate.

Ch10075.png

Swag loot.

Ch10076.png

We (surprisingly?) go where the prospector wants us to, with Archangel.

Ch10077.png

Dat mission clear screen.

Finish 10
Calvina    12  449   55*  00/11/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/07    Hit & Away | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             || HighEff OS | Booster    |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    | Skl+5      |------------|------------||
Ruri       11   70   33   00/08/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL0+1 | (Counter)  |            |            |             |             || Scope      | Stable OS  | EN Chip    | Solar Panel|| SupAtk+1   | Counter    |------------|------------||
Yurika     11   70    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji      11  112   44   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL4+1| SupDefL0   |            |            |            |             |             || HE Radar   | L Generator|------------|------------|| Def+5      | Prevail+1  |------------|------------||
Sayaka     11  151    9   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            || Def+5      | Hit+5      |            |            ||
Ryoko      10   65   17   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   | ComboL0+1   || Dustproof  |            |            |------------|| Melee+5    | Combo+1    |------------|------------||
Hikaru     11  151   20   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      | Eva+5      | SP+10      |------------||
Izumi      11   47   20   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1+1 |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| SupDef+1   |            |            |------------||
David      13   29   12   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || AB Coat S  | ServoMotor | ServoMotor |            || Eva+5      |            |            |------------||
Eiji       11  217   52*  00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/08    PrevailL2  | (Hit&Away) |            |            |            |             |             || Booster    | ApogeeMotor| HE Radar   |------------|| Skl+5      | Hit&Away   |------------|------------||
Natarl     10  484   22   00/09/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             || Chobham    | Chobham    |            |            ||            |            |            |------------||
Murrue     10  484    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | CommandL1  |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |------------||

Total Cash:  59255
Total Turns: 41

Calvina and Eiji both earned Ace on that last mission. It doesn't matter as much as if they got nice bonuses like in other games, rather than just some starting Will that will likely disappear whenever they need to be shuttled about in a battleship with the rest of the team. But occasionally it'll come in handy.

I mostly trusted to common opinion that AA route is fewer turns, as you may have noticed based on my upgrade priorities (that said, I contend that Eiji more than pulled his weight with those regardless, shaving serious turns with Accel that Mazinger couldn't match, even if his firepower needed serious boosting to get the job done). I also wanted to get the Gale recruit secret, which requires AA. That said, I did a brief check on Nadesico route, but after seeing that the first two missions would take minimum of five turns each, and looking at recorded turn counts from previous drafts, I just don't think there's any way I can shave the turns necessary to make Nadesico route profitable. I also have no idea what the comparison is as far as dropped items, and there's some really sick swag on Archangel route.

ch 11A, 3 turns

Spoiler

Ch11001.png

We're not out of the sand yet.

Ch11002.png

Nobody's position matters, everybody's getting on board the Archangel to get to where they need to go.

Ch11004.png

Nyooom!

Ch11005.png

The enemies advance on our position.

Ch11006.png

Eiji pops out and Accels up to meet them.

Ch11007.png

Nyoom!

Ch11008.png

And we unload in preparation of things to come.

Ch11009.png

Things have come!

Ch11010.png

Only one of the enemies was too beefy for Eiji to handle with the proper equipment (aka Dustproof).

Ch11011.png

Archangel takes quite a beating from the minions, and builds up sizeable Will to dish back to the bosses.

Ch11012.png

Pretty sure Prevail saved their bacon here.

Ch11013.png

Crit-boosting equipment provide a massive windfall here.

Ch11014.png

Turn 3:

Calvina and AA support finish softening up the land-cruiser.

Ch11015.png

Our bridge crew have learned another Bless at some point. Glory be, we're using it!

Ch11016.png

Bless kill (from Katia).

Ch11017.png

Bless kill (from bridge bunny).

Ch11018.png

Luck kill (from other bridge bunny).

Ch11019.png

Dat cash~

Ch11020.png

Save screen.

Finish 11A
Calvina    13    5   57*  00/11/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/07    Hit & Away | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             || Stable OS  | Hybrid     |------------|------------|| Def+5      | Skl+5      |------------|------------||
David      13   39   13   12/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || AB Coat S  | Chobham    | ServoMotor | Chobham    || Eva+5      | Melee+5    | Hit+5      |------------||
Eiji       11  411   62*  00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/08    PrevailL2  | ComboL0+1  |            |            |            |             |             || ServoMotor | Dustproof  | HE Radar   |------------|| Skl+5      | Combo+1    |------------|------------||
Natarl     11  497   31   00/09/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/01    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL0+1 | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  |            |             |             || Booster    | Booster    | ApogeeMotor| HighEff OS || Shoot+5    | Shoot+5    | SupAtk+1   |------------||
Murrue     11  497    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL2  | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            || SP+10      |            |            |------------||

Ruri       11   70   33   00/08/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL0   | (Counter)  |            |            |             |             ||            |            | EN Chip    | Solar Panel||            | Counter    |------------|------------||
Yurika     11   70    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    CommandL1  |            |            |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |------------|------------||
Kouji      11  112   44   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL4+1| SupDefL0   |            |            |            |             |             || HE Radar   | L Generator|------------|------------|| Def+5      | Prevail+1  |------------|------------||
Sayaka     11  151    9   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            || Def+5      |            |            |            ||
Ryoko      10   65   17   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   | ComboL0     ||            |            |            |------------||            |            |------------|------------||
Hikaru     11  151   20   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      | Eva+5      |            |------------||
Izumi      11   47   20   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1+1 |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| SupDef+1   |            |            |------------||

Total Cash:  100440
Total Turns: 44

Edited by Balcerzak

ch 12A, 5 turns

Spoiler

Ch12001.png

This title card is actually kind of cute.

Ch12002.png

It plays into the plot in a way that tickles my fancy, anyway.

Ch12003.png

While Eiji could kill with a crit, these guys don't move, so he's free to kill it on the counter for extra Will and XP from repeated encounters.

Ch12004.png

A booster lets Blue Earth do what it needs to.

Ch12005.png

Calvina weakens.

Ch12006.png

David advances, the other dude retreats.

Ch12007.png

Turn 2:

We need to clear out the guys surrounding the upper right, so that Blue Earth won't get attacked once the battleship spawns in and it's no longer free.

Ch12008.png

So some tag team on the bottom one.

Ch12009.png

And a crit on the top one seal the deal.

Ch12010.png

Eiji makes his way to upper left and starts the party.

Ch12011.png

Here's what the spawn-in looks like. Despite appearances Blue Earth will not be targeted. Calvina is juicer to the AI.

Ch12012.png

Here's our reinforcements (Buldy was just conveniently placed in formation).

Ch12013.png

Archangel leaves itself in range of the bottom guys for free kills and getting the Will it needs to perform its tasks.

Ch12018.png

Pictures 14 through 17 (omitted because boring) just showed that every enemy in range of Blue Earth didn't actually go for it. Calvina is too close to use Rifle A, but still gets done what's needed.

Ch12019.png

Turn 3:

Lay of the land is good.

Ch12020.png

Support attack #1.

Ch12021.png

Support attack #2.

Ch12022.png

Dagger is actually worth the least $ (well, tied for), so I don't mind giving them the kill. They need to use their Luck some time anyway.

Ch12023.png

Hit...

Ch12024.png

And Away. Calvina landed because otherwise I think some of the guys couldn't attack her (no air rating on their 1 range weapon).

Ch12025.png

I probably could have positioned him up a square and used his laser rifle, but w/e.

Ch12026.png

The reinforcements spawn in. Calvina actually runs out of Shot Launcher and has to evade one.

Ch12027.png

But has enough EN to spam Rifle A on the battleship.

Ch12028.png

Turn 4:

Lay of the land. Very sparse, that changes soon.

Ch12029.png

Support attack trigger.

Ch12030.png

Blessed finishing blow.

Ch12031.png

Sweet payoff.

Ch12032.png

More reinforcements down south. Also, the carrier shits out a mobile suit with the boss for more punishment.

Ch12033.png

We start pounding on it.

Ch12035.png

Archangel finishes the thing Calvina ran out of ammo for.

Ch12036.png

And Hit & Away dips way off down to the South.

Ch12037.png

It also does battle with two bosses.

Ch12038.png

Decent performance, for its size rating. (Thanks Focus.)

Ch12039.png

I think the choice of Rifle N was to not kill it by accident on EP, but cannot swear to such as fact.

Ch12040.png

Turn 5:

Southern front, AKA Archangel vs the world.

Ch12041.png

Free XP.

Ch12042.png

Blessed kill.

Ch12043.png

For decent rewards.

Ch12044.png

AA just starts killing.

Ch12045.png

Since I'm out of money doublers.

Ch12046.png

It repositions into the middle of the pack, so nobody has the excuse of being unable to suicide because of lack of range.

Ch12047.png

The final boss.

Ch12048.png

Again, no doubles.

Ch12049.png

Save Slot scoreboard.

Finish 12A
Calvina    13  327   74*  00/11/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/07    Hit & Away | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1+1 | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             || Stable OS  | Hybrid     |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    | SupAtk+1   |------------|------------||
David      13  349   14   12/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL2+1| SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || AB Coat S  | HighEff OS | Dustproof  | Chobham    || Skl+5      | Melee+5    | Prevail+1  |------------||
Eiji       12   30   67*  00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/08    PrevailL2  | ComboL0+1  |            |            |            |             |             ||            | ApogeeMotor| HE Radar   |------------|| Skl+5      | Melee+5    |------------|------------||
Natarl     12  498   49   00/09/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/01    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL0   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | (Hit&Away) |             |             || Lockon Sys | Booster    | EN Chip    | Solar Panel|| Hit+5      | Shoot+5    | Hit&Away   |------------||
Murrue     12  498    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL2  | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            || SP+10      |            |            |------------||

Ruri       11   70   33   00/08/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL0   | (Counter)  |            |            |             |             || Scope      |            |            |            ||            | Counter    |------------|------------||
Sayaka     11  151    9   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            || Def+5      |            |            |            ||
Ryoko      10   65   17   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   | ComboL0     ||            |            |            |------------||            | Combo+1    |------------|------------||
Hikaru     11  151   20   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |------------|| Hit+5      | Eva+5      |            |------------||

Total Cash:  189055
Total Turns: 49

ch 13A, 6 turns

Spoiler

Ch13001.png

Oh boy, water maps.

Ch13003.png

We start with forced brains, who are frankly kind of shitty.

Ch13004.png

There's more enemies lurking SW, it's not just two bosses.

Ch13005.png

Shaky hit rates.

Ch13006.png

Smallish crit rates.

Ch13007.png

Turn 2:

Make this map quite the RNG fest.

Ch13011.png

Three crits will take down the first boss (though not strictly needed, as it could kill itself on the EP just fine, as I think I did on a rerun).

Ch13012.png

The second boss is only marginally harder.

Ch13014.png

Turn 3:

Make sure you cast Bless (on Yuu) first.

Ch13017.png

Clean up for some cash.

Ch13018.png

It possibly would have paid off better if I'd shoved all the XP onto Hime, in retrospect, but only minimal loss by failing to do so, afaik.

Ch13019.png

On the EP, there are two chances to get a crit on a wounded enemy at close enough range to use this weapon and kill it.

Ch13021.png

Doing so triggers the reinforcements in time for them to move, which needs to happen for a quicker clear.

Ch13022.png

Seeing as they're pretty far away.

Ch13023.png

It also triggers our reinforcements, which do not include a battleship, so everyone is still free.

Ch13024.png

For some reason bosses in this game don't like moving the first turn or so. IDK why.

Ch13025.png

Turn 4:

Calvina comes in to help clean up.

Ch13027.png

As do David and Eiji. I think in my rerun I actually had David next to Cal so he could resupply for XP.

Ch13029.png

The brains head over to do some EP softening.

Ch13031.png

They get a little boxed in, but nothing we can't handle.

Ch13032.png

Turn 5:

We break them out with relative ease.

Ch13034.png

Eiji gets the bulk of the EP.

Ch13036.png

But cannot one-shot the bosses (don't think it possible even if I poured every last bit of cash into his weapons, so I didn't try it.)

Ch13037.png

Still, weakening is good.

Ch13038.png

Turn 6:

Use a support attack to finish weakening. (Barriers are annoying.)

Ch13040.png

Kill one.

Ch13041.png

Then the other.

Ch13042.png

With Bless on the more expensive one.

Ch13043.png

Savescreen Scorecard.

Finish 13A
Calvina    13  399   78*  00/12/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/07    Hit & Away | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  | ComboL1     |             || Booster    | Booster    |------------|------------|| Shoot+5    | Shoot+5    |------------|------------||
David      14  139   14   12/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    Counter    | PrevailL2+1| SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |             |             || HEThruster | HighEff OS | Stable OS  | Hybrid     || Skl+5      | Melee+5    | Melee+5    |------------||
Eiji       13  388   84*  00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/08    PrevailL2  | SupAtkL0+1 | SupDefL1   | ComboL0    | (Hit&Away) |             |             || M Booster  | ApogeeMotor| HE Radar   |------------|| Hit&Away   | SupAtk+1   |------------|------------||
Natarl     12  498   49   00/11/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/01    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL0   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  |            |             |             || Lockon Sys |            | EN Chip    | Solar Panel|| Hit+5      |            |            |------------||
Murrue     12  498    0   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL2  | SupDefL1   | CommandL1  |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            || SP+10      |            |            |------------||

Ruri       11   70   33   00/08/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    IFS        | SupAtkL0   | (Counter)  |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            | Counter    |------------|------------||
Sayaka     11  151    9   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/00/00/00/00    PrevailL1  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   |            |            |             |             ||            |            |            |            ||            |            |            |            ||
Ryoko      10   65   17   00/00/00/00/00/00  00/03/00/00/01    Counter    | IFS        | PrevailL2  | SupAtkL1   | SupDefL1   | CommandL1   | ComboL0     ||            |            |            |------------||            | Combo+1    |------------|------------||

Total Cash:  236075
Total Turns: 55

Turns so far: 55

Edited by Balcerzak