Recess is over! Time for a SRW J draft!

• Replies 174
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Finally! The world makes sense again!

I'll grab Skygrasper 1

Edit: changed to skygrasper.

Re: edit: I was planning on avoiding the skygraspers this go around, but they're really really nifty little things, and them still being around. They're fodder in a sense, but they have great availability, decent bases, decent-to-amazing pilots available to them, and they're in the lowest upgrade cost tier. I had the skygraspers for both the J drafts so far, and I cannot stress just how much of a force they are in early/mid/late game.

Edited by Excellen Browning

pretty much why i draft blue earth

in hindsight i probably shouldn't have prioritized the gernsbacks (my backup picks were great mazinger + yuu brain fml) but fuck it grunt power go

Blue earth is worse in every way except capacity to take hits, though. And sp pool and spirit list, I guess.

EDIT: I finally have normal internet access again, so no need for someone else to update the OP anymore.

availability, bulk, two spirit pools, both repair and resupply (skygrasper 1 cannot repair iirc), solid mook killer

edit: i guess swappable pilots is worth more than im giving credit for but wtv

Edited by CT075

I literally have no idea what Cam is planning. Dude, leave me a PM next time. ;/

Shinkuma - Justice Gundam (screw the rules, my inner fangirl wants this)

Cam - X-Aestivalis, Million Alpha

Shinkuma - Skygrasper 2

wait wait wait rip i was waiting for eclipse to post for shinkuma so i could draft for myself

clipsey i'll leave you a PM

Edited by CT075

Done. Are you sure you don't want the aestivalises, though?

Edit: Since cam's picks don't conflict with what other grabbed after it, shinkuma still gets skygrasper 2, and me nanga brain.

my earlygame is pretty solid already

sorry for being wishy-washy, though, i think i might take the Buster (instead of the Duel), I got their recruitment times mixed up

i'm largely worried about my lategame firepower; the three angels' aestevalises don't really do much for me in that regard because i won't have their combination attack

at least the lategame gundams are decent artillery

Edited by CT075

they're slightly (not significantly) stronger, but I don't have to invest as much into them which frees up resources early-midgame for my OG and Akito

i think i misplayed this pretty hard regardless; it's been a long time since i last played J (altho with moon dwellers hype i've been meaning to replay it) so only time will tell

Edited by CT075

Nah, this time i madr sure not to screw myself on route splits

Last time i had toya soloing moon missions

Definitely shoukd have prioritized great mazinger over uruz strike, though. Beginning to realize just how little damage this team has

Edited by CT075

URUZ STRIKE AND RAFTCLANS WILL CARRY ME HARD

or at least dracodeus

actually vorlent/raftclans might be a better idea than granteed because I can afford to invest a lot of early-mid resources into it while my other units are strong, and then once my damage starts falling off i get the raftclans to bring it back

really regretting my choice of not drafting any supers early, though. this isn't FE where your midgame units can also be your endgame units

Edited by CT075

IMO granteed will be better for you. The point of Vorlent is that you can get away with not upgrading anything but weapons for ~20 stages. The point of Granteed is that it outdamages everything by a decent margin, as long as you can invest in keeping it alive.

problem with granteed is that the dracodeus isn't as powerful as the raftclanz

the regular granteed is significantly stronger than the vorlent, of course, but with all the midgame units I have already I may as well make a bit of an investment into my endgame