I want to clarify: Is my copy of Fire Emblem: Shadow Dragon a Bootleg?

The front says NTR-YFEE-USA and the back says YFEENOJ22

NOJ means Nintendo of Japan. You got a cart that was rewritten. Aka a bootleg.

Like my copy of Soul Silver used to be a JP Super Mario 64 compared to Belinda's Soul Silver

http://shadowofchaos725.tumblr.com/post/130769509345/look-at-this-we-have-a-pirated-copy-of-soul

Edited by shadowofchaos

Like my copy of Soul Silver used to be a JP Super Mario 64 compared to Belinda's Soul Silver

http://shadowofchaos725.tumblr.com/post/130769509345/look-at-this-we-have-a-pirated-copy-of-soul

The lettering in the back of the cart saying "NOJ" is actually not indicative at all of whether a game is a bootleg or not, as nearly every DS game has that. (Try checking any DS American cart you own you're 100% positive is legit).

Huh...

Interesting.

The reason that Soul Silver is easily seen as a bootleg is because it's an infrared cart and has the black casing.

Is it because NOJ is indicative if where the cart casing was manufactured and not the region of the game?

The front says NTR-YFEE-USA and the back says YFEENOJ22

I 100% know my cart is legit, bought sealed from a preorder at EB Games, and it has NTR-YFEE-USA on the front and YFEENOJ22 on the back. The Nintendo Seal of Quality has a slightly holographic quality and shines light at different angles from the rest of the cart. I'd say your copy is probably legit. The NOJ may have something to do with copyright?

I 100% know my cart is legit, bought sealed from a preorder at EB Games, and it has NTR-YFEE-USA on the front and YFEENOJ22 on the back. The Nintendo Seal of Quality has a slightly holographic quality and shines light at different angles from the rest of the cart. I'd say your copy is probably legit. The NOJ may have something to do with copyright?

But it's literally the European version of the game...

EDIT: The seal kinda shines, but not as much as my other games (which are legit)

Edited by Purple-Clad Gamer

Ah, okay. Thank you for pointing that out!