Fire Emblem Gaiden Name Update Patch (v0.9)

Gaiden Guy

8 hours ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

The issue he brought up with this is there's not enough tiles left that he could edit without breaking the game in some way (like removing the The End from the end of the game)

I posted a list of possible tile edits earlier in the thread. Making the name fit only ends up requiring one extra tile, and there are multiple redundant/unused tiles that can be used for that purpose.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

8 hours ago, Hero of the Fire Emblems said:

The issue he brought up with this is there's not enough tiles left that he could edit without breaking the game in some way (like removing the The End from the end of the game) but if that isn't the case then bravo, I still think it'd be much more efficient to make the patch after Echoes rather than make a patch you have a 90% chance you're gonna have to change in 3 months, and I do think if it could be properly expanded/hacked without going over the NES file limit so it'll run efficiently and smoothly from a coding perspective that would be brilliant.

Yeah, that probably would be more efficient.  But, as a creator myself...I find myself sometimes wanting to do the "less efficient" thing just because I find it interesting for some reason.  Or sometimes, I'll find myself writing up a stupid joke for my Let's Play that I KNOW I'm probably going to have to change before I actually post it (I'm a firm believer of "less is more")...but sometimes it's just fun to do it anyway.

With Gaiden Guy specifically, he probably REALLY wants to get started on the patch, even though he knows that it'd technically make more sense to wait till the official localization.  He gets some pleasure out of speculating about what kind of things he'd do, or what kind of technical issues he might run into, and stuff like that.

• 8 months later...

So, any updates on this? Since Echoes is released, all the names are officially localized. It's been a while since the last post and idk if this is still being worked on but I would love to see a complete patch with all the official names.