Volunteers to help with TMS#FE section

VincentASM

I just copied the tab code from the other pages.

I wasn't sure if it'd be better to have e it side by side or not. Whatever you guys think is better, we can go with.

I think we should make sure to have a romanization standard so we don't have lyrics written differently for different songs. There's of course different romanization standards so we should pick one and stick with it throughout.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alright, I guess I'll do that. If by popular demand we could always change it if need be.

I think it'll be much easier to do comparisons with all 3 side by side. But of course, if the majority prefers to have them in different tabs, I won't oppose to the change. I was just stating my opinion on the matter.

Edit : Also, I'm adding some missing informations on the enemy data, from this wiki. I checked, and it seems like the stats are matching so far. Feel from to override my edits if they end up different in our version of the game. Started adding a few data from the wiki for chapter 1 dungeon, I relied on memory for most of the names and skills, I'll correct them when I'll get back to the game.

Edited by Avk

I think there are merits to both... The tabs allow easier less squished viewing on smaller viewports, while the side by side option allows comparisons and an overall view of things. Maybe we could just have an option for either? A little more work I guess but it could be nice if people are split.

Also for the romanization of Reincarnation, are you using the song cards from the SE as the reference? If so, I think we should use that for the standard style of romanization and I can match the other songs to that. I'd be happy to handle the songs which don't have the romanization shown anywhere.

I think there are merits to both... The tabs allow easier less squished viewing on smaller viewports, while the side by side option allows comparisons and an overall view of things. Maybe we could just have an option for either? A little more work I guess but it could be nice if people are split.

Also for the romanization of Reincarnation, are you using the song cards from the SE as the reference? If so, I think we should use that for the standard style of romanization and I can match the other songs to that. I'd be happy to handle the songs which don't have the romanization shown anywhere.

Yeah, I'm using the SE Song cards and the english lyrics from the artbook. I'll do the six of those but I don't have access to the Japanese lyrics. For right now, I'm just focusing on Reincarnation for today but probably would do Tsubasa's Feel tonight.

I'm doing side by side, it's actually not that hard. But how would we get the japanese lyrics?

Edited by Replica Model

The romanizations are in game? I thought it was just translations.

It'd be great if you could handle the ones which are in the SE for romanization and I could do the others if it's not in game.

For the translations I'm not that confident in writing them out as they happen -- probably would need to pause a video of it to get it.

I can do kanji lyrics for any songs but they are also pretty readily available on Japanese lyric sites. Either way since I have the retail CD I'll probably just proofread the kanji because there's always a chance of a typo. Proofreading is probably a good habit anyway lol

As far as I know its just translations.

Yeah, I'll handle the romanizations for the SE song cards and the artbook provides the english lyrics for those 6 songs so I'll go ahead and do those too. But Mamori's song at the end of chapter 3 isn't included, which sucks cause I like that song, so there's only english to it.

Oh, yeah! By the way, if there's any song from early in the game that you need the english lyrics for that's not in the SE then I always could record it and put it on youtube if it's not already uploaded. I have an elgato so it wouldn't be a problem. I'm still on chapter 1, I haven't had much time to play it.

Kiria's Reincarnation page has been finished but all it needs is the japanese lyrics then it'll be 100%

I agree that Version 2 of the templates made for the carnage pages is the superior one, I can't really think of any additions that would make it look much better, so my vote goes towards that one.

For Dodgedusk I've added in all the information that I have for the enemies in Illusory 106 so that there aren't any more question marks on the table so that should be complete except for the bosses which I do not have the information for.

I've also updated the skill names on Itsuki's Carnage page with all the localized names of skills and what performas are needed to make them all the way up through the Florete. I have the information for the other characters from the point I am at in game so if we do end up making their pages I should be able to add those in as well.

One more thing. According to the game manual, the Holy element is actually Spirit, and the Dark element is actually Body. I haven't seen in game anywhere these have been actually listed, but I thought I should put that out there. The different elemental types should be

Sword, Lance, Axe, Bow, Fire, Ice, Elec, Force, Spirit, Body, and Almighty

I agree that Version 2 of the templates made for the carnage pages is the superior one, I can't really think of any additions that would make it look much better, so my vote goes towards that one.

For Dodgedusk I've added in all the information that I have for the enemies in Illusory 106 so that there aren't any more question marks on the table so that should be complete except for the bosses which I do not have the information for.

I've also updated the skill names on Itsuki's Carnage page with all the localized names of skills and what performas are needed to make them all the way up through the Florete. I have the information for the other characters from the point I am at in game so if we do end up making their pages I should be able to add those in as well.

One more thing. According to the game manual, the Holy element is actually Spirit, and the Dark element is actually Body. I haven't seen in game anywhere these have been actually listed, but I thought I should put that out there. The different elemental types should be

Just missing icons for the elements and skills for the Carnage template Version 2 whenever we find some clean version, but I think it's perfect too.

I can add informations for the boss and semi boss of chapter 1 but I don't have the localized name for the sub boss at least until I'm able to get back to the game later. Actually, I suppose I could add everything from all dungeons from the japanese wiki, but should I do it yet ? We'll only have to change the names to the localized ones after that, but I'm not sure doing that this early would be wise (spoilers).

And indeed, "Dark" isn't really a good translation since it's "肉体" in japanese, which is like "the flesh" or something, I wasn't sure what to put at the time. Not sure about "霊性", but since we now have the official localization, Spirit it is.

Ah ha. Cheers.

Oh, okay. Good to know.

Thinking about creating the page for requests in a bit. Few questions:

• Are all optional sidequests apart from Side Stories (are they even called that? I'm referring to the quests that are tied to the main cast of characters) down as requests, or are there others?
  • What's the availability like for requests? Do they stay active for ever once they become available?
  • What do you all think is the best way to present these requests on the wiki? A page for each request? A page per chapter? A page per in-game area?
Edited by DodgeDusk

By the way, the only thing that worries me about the new Carnage table is the tiny space for the Class. Presumably you'll have to abbreviate the class, but thankfully there's a (wiki) template for that.

Also, I'm super tired at the moment, but I can work on the element/affinity icons.

I can easily pull them from the screenshot you posted, I think.

For requests, I think a page per chapter that the request is unlocked would be good. So all requests would be grouped together by the earliest availability.

Mm-hmm. So, it would look something like this?

HKO24Sf.png

Just a quick one I made. Oh, ignore the "Chapter unlocked". No idea why I added that.

Edited by DodgeDusk

Looks fine to me... The notes section may need to be large though since some will ask you to go back and forth places... I had one in chapter 2 from Ayaha that started at Fortuna and made me go to Daitama and back to Fortuna and back to Daitama... Like basically just enough space for details on the quest. Unless we want it barebones and without much detail but some people may appreciate detail.

Additionally I think the reward(s) for the requests should also be indicated.

Ah ha. Cheers.

Oh, okay. Good to know.

Thinking about creating the page for requests in a bit. Few questions:

• Are all optional sidequests apart from Side Stories (are they even called that? I'm referring to the quests that are tied to the main cast of characters) down as requests, or are there others?
  • What's the availability like for requests? Do they stay active for ever once they become available?
  • What do you all think is the best way to present these requests on the wiki? A page for each request? A page per chapter? A page per in-game area?

- I think there are only Side Stories and Requests.

- I think they are unlocked depending on which chapter you are on, but not sure about that. They should stay active until you do them, no time limit.

- Maybe have multiple categories to be able to sort them. A page per chapter, then make a list of the requests for each areas where you get them (one tab per area ? Or maybe just like in the enemy data page). Also, side stories are a different case, since some of them unlock depending on chapter, others on Stage Rank.

For the side stories, a Side story section just like the current "Game script", "Carnage (weapon)", and "Skills", then a page per character.

Edited by Avk

Looks fine to me... The notes section may need to be large though since some will ask you to go back and forth places... I had one in chapter 2 from Ayaha that started at Fortuna and made me go to Daitama and back to Fortuna and back to Daitama... Like basically just enough space for details on the quest. Unless we want it barebones and without much detail but some people may appreciate detail.

Additionally I think the reward(s) for the requests should also be indicated.

Well, right now, the only thing I'd think about putting in "notes" is a link to the request's script. Or maybe a "x must be in the party". Something like that. Nothing extensive.

- I think there are only Side Stories and Requests.

- I think they are unlocked depending on which chapter you are on, but not sure about that. They should stay active until you do them, no time limit.

- Maybe have multiple categories to be able to sort them. A page per chapter, then make a list of the requests for each areas where you get them. Also, side stories are a different case, since some of them unlock depending on chapter, others on Stage Rank.

For the side stories, a Side story section just like the current "Game script", "Carnage (weapon)", and "Skills", then a page per character.

-Thought so.

-Thought so.

-Hmm. I was thinking about laying it out like that, yeah. The actual table could be something like this?

M88w93j.png

Added the affinity icons for the Carnage table!

By the way, before anyone copies the table template, I will make an actual wiki template for it, so it should be even easier to input data.

It'll probably look something like

{{tmsfe-carnage

weapon name=

class=

power=

sword=

lance=

axe=

special effect=

skill 1=

skill 2=

etc.

material 1=

etc.

}}

EDIT: Oops, missing some icons. Forgot to scroll the rest of the table.

Edited by VincentASM

Seems great, there are 3 side stories per character (meaning all playable characters plus 3 supporting characters).

Maiko, Barry Goodman and Tiki

We may need more space for a detailed description for each side story (what to do, where to go, what do we fight if there is any fight...), also like yaycupcake said, indication of the rewards would be nice.

Edit : Answered a little too late, but having the template for the Carnage done is also great, we'll be able to get started for others characters too when it's available.

Edited by Avk

Done!

I posted the template instructions in the test page.

Now you can update the carnage pages and still easily modify the table design further down the line : )

EDIT

If you need to use acronyms, you can use the tiny text template.

Edited by VincentASM

Ah, so include a column for rewards, too. Makes sense. I suppose having a brief walkthrough for each of the Side Stories would be a good idea. Can make a page for each one and shove it under ""notes".

EDIT: Done "Lucky Spot 1" as a test. Feel free to give any advice!

Edited by DodgeDusk

Done!

I posted the template instructions in the test page.

Now you can update the carnage pages and still easily modify the table design further down the line : )

EDIT

If you need to use acronyms, you can use the tiny text template.

Looks fantastic, I'll get to work tonight on adding in the rest of the pages.

Ah, so include a column for rewards, too. Makes sense. I suppose having a brief walkthrough for each of the Side Stories would be a good idea. Can make a page for each one and shove it under ""notes".

EDIT: Done "Lucky Spot 1" as a test. Feel free to give any advice!

The only suggestion I could make would be adding in if you get any play records, although perhaps we should make that its own page. Also there are a few requests that are repeatable, I'm not sure if you want to add those in to the notes section or not, but right now that would be the most reasonable place for it to go.

Edit: Created a Carnage page for Tsubasa with all the information I currently have available. Here it is. All the weapons with (???) are weapons that I don't have yet so I can't fully check their names, but everything before then should be correct. Also any suggestions on how to make it better would help, it feels a bit weird to me with how large the table ended up and having it all connected, but if everyone thinks it looks fine then I can make the other pages.

Edited by Akineku

Haha, I think the tables look kind of fun like that.

I think the only issue is it's kind of hard to find a "separator" between the weapons because of the gentle header colours. An alternative could be to have the weapon name outside of the table as a subheader.

In any case, I think we can easily make changes, so you probably don't need to worry and can continue to work on the next characters ^^

That's the issue I was having as well, I couldn't really come up with anything better than what we had, and I think I like the current way better than having it as a subheader. I do think it looks good how it is now though, so I'll go ahead and spend some time making the pages for the rest of the characters when I have a chance.

I can probably provide some short walkthrough for some side stories... Not all because uh, I missed some and all that. And I'm picky with some characters.

Also, what about skills? Do we have to add all the other skills for the other characters or are we changing the layout too? It seems the Carnage already lists some skills but I guess it helps to have them all in one spot? I'm not sure.