SB and Paperblade Suffer: Pokemon (Jan 14: Part 61 up)

Paperblade

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Know that I detest you, Paperblade, for making me boot this game up fresh again. Wish me and Turtwig luck because you owe us.

And enjoy the most trusted members of Reborn's society! They only get better from here.

Edited by Velyoukai

Also, with regards to "Cain is a creep", Cain is probably the least abominable character in the game, which says a lot about the quality of this game's cast

Note that that's different from my favorite character

Shiny Pidgey in first 30 seconds, respect.

Isn't it a bit too soon to be encountering PULSE Tangrowth again?

...Did you just get swept by a Nasty Plot Chatot? Jesus, Gen 6 Chatter buffs represent.

oh jesus-- another hyperactive violent little girl! With a Salamence??? You have a problem, Reborn. We need to talk.

wow Fern really? He just jumped from being a fuckwit to a completely unrepentant fuckwit and a douchebag. Boy oh boy now it's gonna be fun breaking you!

You know I get the feeling Amethyst just might like Tangrowth a lot. I mean I don't blame her, Tangrowth's p. neat, but um... you're kinda overstaying its welcome here.

oh so now we have a Gym Leader who actually IS a terrorist! You're doin' well, Reborn.

...Did you just get swept by a Nasty Plot Chatot? Jesus, Gen 6 Chatter buffs represent.

Reborn loves to give bosses mons that can just sweep your whole team if you're not prepared/lucky enough to deal with it

Electrode and Cradily were like that, but Electrode is first gym so it's relatively easy mode, and Kricketune and Combusken are the best counters you can get against Cradily at that stage of the game.

Chatot always sucks because you don't have any good options vs. it at that stage of the game, plus it's fast and gen6 autoconfuse Chatter is disgusting, and if he gets a Nasty Plot off he will just OHKO everything.

I can see that and understand the design choice as to why, but jeez, sometimes a balance needs to be struck when implementing stiff like that. There's a lot of factors to consider - available 'Mons, movesets and BSTs of the Pokémon you're battling, hard and soft counters, it all has to be relative. Having earlygame Trainers with competitive movesets only for the sake of difficulty just doesn't work like that.

That Chatot example would be slightly better if you had some hard counters available or the BST bar was raised at the point of encounter.

Edited by Mage Knight 404

Yeah I agree

There's like no good anti-flyers types at this point in the game. I think the list of anti-flying mons is like

Electric:

Pachirisu

Electrike

Shinx

Emolga

Ice:

None

Rock:

Bonsly

And if you want stuff that resist Flying, you can get a Klink

Not exactly a compelling set of pokemon, all things considered

That said, episode 17. Thanks to user Lil Bean for these thumbnails

oh shit, Shiny Ampharos hype

Man, Corey In The House is my favorite anime!

oh and he doesn't even give you the badge. Why was an edgy terrorist appointed as a Gym Leader agai-- wait, Julia, never mind.

So all this over a Ruby Ring? Dude, don't you know Ruby Rings are only good for preventing Pig status? Just buy another one in Mysidia or sth. ' 3'

...oh you're just gonna do that. Okay. Edgy to the end. ...Also why is Fern still allowed to draw breath?

Pokémon Rebored? What are you talking about, Paperblade, this is gold. |D

Is Shade whisking our boy Corey away to King Kai's place? Listen, we don't need Midlife Crisis Edgy Goku to learn Kaioken. ...wait, that's Vegeta. Shit, maybe Corey's not that bad after all.

Oh wow that really is the Thousand-Year Door! And Reborn City is basically the more ghetto version of Rogueport... Wow, this makes way too much sense and I'm not sure how I feel about this. Now we must go forth and find the Four Crystal Plates so we can prevent the Edgy Queen's reawakening!

Oh, after getting beat by a surprise difficulty Double Battle seriously the hell did that difficulty spike come from???

Rare Candies have a rainbow wrapper here. ...Actually that's really cute, I like that.

It's rather telling that the probably most emotionally adjusted character we've seen here in Reborn City is Shelly, a young girl who witnessed seeing the corpse of her friend's father. Are we sure we shouldn't have Victoria committed to see Mr. Happy Hands instead?

Stumped by books.

Hey, look, decent sprites! Guess Shelly really is the spotted diamond in the rough in Reborn so far.

...She names a Yanmega after her good friend but a sickly Volbeat after her estranged brother? Yeesh, I can see how much she actually respects said "brother". |D

.. I just noticed Fern's Trainer class. "Swag Jockey". Well done.

Wow I can't believe I'm almost happy to see Cain again, dammit Paperblade why do you have to be right. :> Also he's meta!