post-Awakening without Owain, Inigo, & Severa

Pretty sure that those three come from the future where their parents are dead. In Selena's support with Subaki she mentions that her mother passed away some time ago.

Which I believe the OP was talking about. Of course we all know that if future Lucina isn't married at the end she leaves after telling her infant self that the infant will have the better future.

Honestly I'd say that they'd notice the three had gone. I would however think that those three wouldn't leave without saying something at least.

IIRC, Owain leaves Ylisse in all of his endings (except for the generic one from being paired with Robin) so Fates doesn't really change anything in that regard.

Honestly, I always kind of assumed that most of the future kids eventually left Ylisse once the versions of themselves in the current timeline appeared (with some exceptions like Noire who has to keep Tharja in check)

The main thing that Fates did is made it so that at least Owain, Severa, and Inigo remained single by the end of Awakening's storyline, whereas originally, according to the fastest support growth rates in Awakening, Owain marries Kjelle, Severa marries Brady, and Inigo marries Cynthia.

Inigo actually offers Soleil the chance to return with him and meet his mother, despite the fact that she's 'dead' Owain says something similar to Ophelia if I remember rightly. Hidden Truths even alludes a little to it with how Anankos mentions that they might not even see their reward from him or how they might not be able to decide where to return to, their ruined future that's now got an abundance of flowers and gravestones for fallen heroes or where they started before setting out to join him.

I really don't think they told anyone. Any of the Shepherds would have happily volunteered to go and help without hesitation. Lucina would likely have started a third side herself, providing a 4th path had she gone with them. Since she's a leader and all.

What bothered me is the necessity for any name changes. Aside from Before Awakening, they REALLY weren't needed and even then, Owain's a fast thinker and the others would have come up with something. I really don't see why they did it.

What bothered me is the necessity for any name changes. Aside from Before Awakening, they REALLY weren't needed and even then, Owain's a fast thinker and the others would have come up with something. I really don't see why they did it.

Ignoring the obvious point that "I don't see why they did it" can be applied to their very existence in If/Fates, Before Awakening DLC mentions that Chrom says the Kingdoms of Anya and Byakuya are legends. Which kills all sense of chronological order between the two games when another piece of DLC and their existence totally contradicts that.

They clearly got the fanservice to have an excuse and not make it obvious that it's them.

They could have kept their names and no one would bat an eye.

Would have been funny if it was "Wood, Azure, and Serena" instead... just like how Luna got changed to her actual Japanese name in Awakening... "Selena".

Edited by shadowofchaos

This is very confusing to say the least. From a story perspective, Why Owain, Inigo and Severa? Why not Lucina and the other children? Or why not the Shepherds? I know that it is fan service but that shouldn't be a legitimate reason or an explaination. I really think IS dropped a ball when they went the route of fan service to be perfectly honest.

Also as far as I would tell, Owain Severa and Inigo would have to at the very least tell their parents that they are on an adventure so that they don't worry so much. Sure they're not the same as the ones that they lost in the ruined future, but they would still care about them enough to say something like that! At the very least!

Also as far as I would tell, Owain Severa and Inigo would have to at the very least tell their parents that they are on an adventure so that they don't worry so much. Sure they're not the same as the ones that they lost in the ruined future, but they would still care about them enough to say something like that! At the very least!

Right, because we have so much proof of people making smart decisions in this game... :rolleyes:

You know, I'd like to think that they said goodbye, but it is heavily implied that they left without a word because... Well, because reasons? Something really contrived? Can't remember.

Basically, even when IntSys can write something decent, they still make a mess of it. :facepalm:

This is very confusing to say the least. From a story perspective, Why Owain, Inigo and Severa? Why not Lucina and the other children? Or why not the Shepherds? I know that it is fan service but that shouldn't be a legitimate reason or an explaination. I really think IS dropped a ball when they went the route of fan service to be perfectly honest.

That is my main complaint as well with the 3 awakening characters. There just wasn't any reason to take them over a lot of the awakening cast. I mean Owain, Severa and Inigo are probably fine soldiers, but they never really came across as anything other then just that. If Anakos wanted someone who was smart he could have picked Laurent, if he wanted someone strong he could have picked Kjelle and if he wanted a leader he could take Lucina.

And thats just gen 2. There are other highly competent characters such as Gregor, Virion or Cordelia who's entire thing is being seen as better then her daughter.

Edited by Sasori

That is my main complaint as well with the 3 awakening characters. There just wasn't any reason to take them over a lot of the awakening cast. I mean Owain, Severa and Inigo are probably fine soldiers, but they never really came across as anything other then just that. If Anakos wanted someone who was smart he could have picked Laurent, if he wanted someone strong he could have picked Kjelle and if he wanted a leader he could take Lucina.

And thats just gen 2. There are other highly competent characters such as Gregor, Virion or Cordelia who's entire thing is being seen as better then her daughter.

The thing is that Owain and Inigo are the most popular male children characters and Severa is the most popular non-lord female child character in the Awakening cast according to the official Japanese popularity poll back in 2012 (the one that decided which characters get fanservice CGs).

Similarly, Cordelia and Tharja are the most popular non-avatar first generation female characters and Gaius is the most popular first generation male character that isn't a lord or the avatar according to that same poll, hence they got character expies in Fates.

TL;DR: It's more fanservice for Awakening poll winners not named Chrom and Lucina.

[spoiler=What REALLY happened; minor Hidden Truths spoilers]

27e.png

Edited by Roflolxp54

The thing is that Owain and Inigo are the most popular male children characters and Severa is the most popular non-lord female child character in the Awakening cast according to the official Japanese popularity poll back in 2012 (the one that decided which characters get fanservice CGs).

Similarly, Cordelia and Tharja are the most popular non-avatar first generation female characters and Gaius is the most popular first generation male character that isn't a lord or the avatar according to that same poll, hence they got character expies in Fates.

TL;DR: It's more fanservice for Awakening poll winners not named Chrom and Lucina.

27e.png

That spoiler though...

It doesn't even matter about Chrom and Lucina needing fanservice inputs either way. Before Awakening and Lucina's amiibo did just that!

Plus, as I remember reading somewhere, it was decided it had to be second gen characters to bring over.

Honestly, I'd've been fine with seeing Priam again so we could get character some more development going on but... I guess that's out of the question...

27e.png

And we have the messed up world that is Fates. I am somehow not surprised about that. It just goes to show how lazy IS can be sadly.

That spoiler though...

It doesn't even matter about Chrom and Lucina needing fanservice inputs either way. Before Awakening and Lucina's amiibo did just that!

Plus, as I remember reading somewhere, it was decided it had to be second gen characters to bring over.

Honestly, I'd've been fine with seeing Priam again so we could get character some more development going on but... I guess that's out of the question...

I wonder how it would have gone with Priam in it. I don't particularly like him, but he'd be more understandable than the child character trio :/.

I wonder how it would have gone with Priam in it. I don't particularly like him, but he'd be more understandable than the child character trio :/.

He's got about as much personality as a chalkboard. Sad really since his addition to Awakening's roster lets him talk to the player... and Walhart and Yen'fay in DLC pieces. Anyone else is either immemorable or unimportant (not counting generic Father-Son bonding with Male Morgan). I'd have liked him to have been able to associate with Gregor, Walhart, Frederick and Basilio in supports to help build his character.

But I did say earlier that it had to be child characters from Awakening.

2nd Gen in Awakening to be 1st Gen in Fates, that was the condition they worked under.

Honestly, I think the three characters they picked did strike me as probably the most likely to go out adventuring and get themselves involved in a foreign conflict. Owain's ending in Awakening directly states that he went out adventuring in order to "quell his sword hand", Inigo would wander the globe looking for girls to hit on and for places to dance, and Severa, with her Mommy Issues, would probably not be comfortable sticking around Cordelia and want to distance herself so that Cordelia can focus on the Severa of the current timeline.

Then again, I have yet to play the DLC that explains why they're there so I might be off.

He's got about as much personality as a chalkboard. Sad really since his addition to Awakening's roster lets him talk to the player... and Walhart and Yen'fay in DLC pieces. Anyone else is either immemorable or unimportant (not counting generic Father-Son bonding with Male Morgan). I'd have liked him to have been able to associate with Gregor, Walhart, Frederick and Basilio in supports to help build his character.

As much as I fucking love shipping FeMU x Priam, I would give any money to have Priam as a protagonist in the future FE title. But that's another topic for another day.

Anyways going back to the main subject, I'm more curious to know how the hell did Anankos met the 3 children in the first place. Am I suppose to believe that he suddenly transported himself out of nowhere, and Owain, Inigo & Severa happens to be the only ones that were available that got his message to help his realm...? ?_?

Edited by Douglas MacArthur

According to Hidden Truths 1 he appeared in Ylisstol castle one day and said "Please save my Kingdom." then the trio that went to Fates have to go and meet him under the Mila tree. The rest is basically as it shows in the content itself.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm fine with the kids because I like fanservice, but I dislike all three that were chosen.

You're not along on that, they managed to pick *the* three kids I never liked. It's kinda funny, actually, but at least I learnt to like Inigo a little more with more supports?

You're not along on that, they managed to pick *the* three kids I never liked. It's kinda funny, actually, but at least I learnt to like Inigo a little more with more supports?

Same here. While in general, they weren't my least favorite kids, I did find them annoying. But I did dislike Inigo strongly.

Come Fates, I like Owain and Severa even less, but I've warmed up to Inigo. A shame character development only applied to one of them.

Same here. While in general, they weren't my least favorite kids, I did find them annoying. But I did dislike Inigo strongly.

Come Fates, I like Owain and Severa even less, but I've warmed up to Inigo. A shame character development only applied to one of them.

I think Severa has her own share of character development. She is still bratty but a lot less so and here interaction with Camilla shows she can be unconditionally nice without first acting like a jerk. She seems more mature as Selena.

With Odin I do see far less character development though. He's just Owain as a mage.

By the way, I think Severa/Selena aspecifically mentions that she misses her old hair color, so I think it's sort of confirmed that this particular Severa's dad doesn't have red hair.

I think it's just a random comment, thought, since they went with their mother/original arts haircolors and Severa had no one who could give her mother's red hair like Kjelle had no one who could give her black ones. Honestly? As far as I care they're still kids of my favorite pairings and they all leave to return in their world, which one they choose, after fates.

With Odin I do see far less character development though. He's just Owain as a mage.

Point is: Owain had always been a mage, he just never properly embraced it canonically. I remember him as Libra's son or as my mage!Avatar's and he was a beast. Honestly? It felt more powerful as second gen unit with some planning than now as Odin.

Where is my galeforce, son? I trained Lissa so much just to grant you access to it! *shakes fists*

On the character development- I still struggle to believe they just left their friends behind. They're somehow implied to be the three from awakening, why not calling the others? Or the avatar. Or Lucina, Laurent or a competent healer like Brady!

Edited by Rydia

Point is: Owain had always been a mage, he just never properly embraced it canonically. I remember him as Libra's son or as my mage!Avatar's and he was a beast. Honestly? It felt more powerful as second gen unit with some planning than now as Odin.

Where is my galeforce, son? I trained Lissa so much just to grant you access to it! *shakes fists*

I blame Lissa's horrible strength modifier. <_<

By the way, I think Severa/Selena aspecifically mentions that she misses her old hair color, so I think it's sort of confirmed that this particular Severa's dad doesn't have red hair.

In at least the English localization, she is the only one who explicitly mentions missing her hair color, which does make sense if you were to go by what parent pairings the game considers "canon" (based on support growth rates). For the case of Severa, her "canon" father is Libra (which means that contrary to her official Awakening artwork, Severa's a blonde); Owain's is Vaike; Inigo's is Henry.

Edited by Roflolxp54