Conquest Chapter 16 in 1 turn (no Path Bonuses, Master Seal obtained)

ruadath

Since you guys (for the most part) seemed to enjoy the 1-turn clear of Chapter 14, here is another 1-turn clear, possibly more interesting due to the more complicated nature of the map.

I'm pretty certain I can't do this without using the Rescue staff; it might be possible if one had a couple of extra shove/swap-bots, but I didn't have time to capture any more than the 2 I got in Chapter 10, and it was already difficult enough to get those guys 2 levels while racing through the past few maps, so I imagine it would probably be impossible to get more than 1 more shove-bot trained up with maximal RNG abuse, if even that. If you throw in the 2 Boots from the path bonuses, things become a little more interesting... I can investigate this and see if something works out if you guys want.

Not sure if this is something to do in a full playthrough LTC context, since it's possible that there are better uses of the Rescue staff later, but nevertheless an interesting strat imo. Didn't bother to record good level ups for obvious reasons.

Oh and also, the speed issue is still there so watch it at 2x speed for maximal viewing pleasure.

Yeah, no actual plans on doing stuff with the Boots for a long time.

And don't worry, I don't plan on spamming the subforum with a topic every time I make a video. This was just a couple of teasers; Espinosa and I are probably going to finish our run before I post anything else.

It was mostly people agreeing that your run wasn't legitimate.

Topic in question:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64535

At least on SF, you're the only dissenter. If it's different on Reddit, you're free to link the thread in question.

However, there's nothing that says "no support grinding", and I'd be crazy enough to do that anyway, though it would be through really easy My Castle battles. So even if YOU don't think it's cool (that's fine, BTW), don't imply that everyone else does (that's not cool).

Topic in question:

http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=64535

At least on SF, you're the only dissenter. If it's different on Reddit, you're free to link the thread in question.

However, there's nothing that says "no support grinding", and I'd be crazy enough to do that anyway, though it would be through really easy My Castle battles. So even if YOU don't think it's cool (that's fine, BTW), don't imply that everyone else does (that's not cool).

Have you even bothered to read the thread? I was referencing the thread, not Reddit.

Support grinding is still grinding, so if you allow support grinding, why not xp/gold grinding/bonus item etc ?

However, i wonder if you can finish the game with this team/setup :o

Indeed.

There are too many things in Fates that are arbitrary and may vary depending on the LTCer. In most games, it's things like full recruitment / deaths to a lesser extent, but in the 3DS games there are too many things to make up your mind about. If current LTCs are okay with grinding Avatar supports, it only follows that with access to more focused manipulation you can benefit from grinding non-MU supports as well.

ruadath's run rigs supports in My Castle to happen earlier than they would otherwise through convos, and very rarely stat boosts. There's also no official policy wrt items obtained through My Castle. Olwen and I decided against them (due to a lack of tools for reliable manipulation), ruadath allows them. Accept his run for what it is.

Idk why he lists me as 'collaborating' with him on this playthrough though; he's the one doing all the playing and exploits, I just give comments and answer questions and the like. It's been a good run thus far; basically Fates LTC done Irysa/ruadath-style.

If current LTCs are okay with grinding Avatar supports, it only follows that with access to more focused manipulation you can benefit from grinding non-MU supports as well.

I think there's a difference. Grinding Avatar supports is easy to do in real life and only would take like a week for S rank. Grinding Niles x Camilla would take several years in real life.

I really don't see why he just doesn't allow path bonuses, DLC grinding and such. He should do it.

Edited by Horakthi

I think there's a difference. Grinding Avatar supports is easy to do in real life and only would take like a week for S rank. Grinding Niles x Camilla would take several years in real life.

I really don't see why he just doesn't allow path bonuses, DLC grinding and such. He should do it.

There's an even bigger difference between that and what you are suggesting - without DLC grinding you wouldn't be able to grow in level in-between storyline chapters (in Conquest at least), and you wouldn't magically grow +2 movement without the Path Bonus Boots. The difference would literally be infinite, as you simply would fail to grow exp.

I don't think there's any effort made in presenting the run as something so easily replicable that any player should do the same and try to LTC the game. Tool-assisted speedruns don't exactly prescribe tactics to casual efficiency runs either, last time I checked.

Edited by Espinosa

Idk why he lists me as 'collaborating' with him on this playthrough though; he's the one doing all the playing and exploits, I just give comments and answer questions and the like. It's been a good run thus far; basically Fates LTC done Irysa/ruadath-style.

Sorry, just trying to give you credit for all of the help you've been giving me. I can refrain from doing that if you want.

EDIT: Also, completely forgot to mention this, but in case you're curious, the reason Camilla reclassed to Bow Knight was to learn Mov+1.

Edited by ruadath