Favourite Game Characters of Yours Most People Don't Know/Don't Also Have as Favourites

Randoman

So what are some of your favourite game characters that most people don't know of or don't also have as favourites?

MAX from Bomberman is one of mine, being a cool looking, calm, yet cocky character. It's a shame most people don't know of him.

Cranky Kong is a favourite of mine that most people don't like/have as a favourite. I just find his cranky old man personality, 4th wall breaking antics, his crazy agility and power for an old ape, and denture throwing antics really funny and amusing.

Shoutouts to my man Savlia Matius, the Kvatch Guard in The Elders Scrolls IV: Oblivion

The guy is a freaking hero!

He saved a big chunk of Kvatch's population from the siege forces of Oblivion during the attack on the city, then went to hell with you to close the gates of hell, came back alive to tell the story, reclaimed the Kvatch Castle with the player, and finally, answered the call to defend Bruma without asking anything in exchange for it (unlike every other city) when the Bruma was about to get rekt.

I was legitimatelty happy to fight alongside him once more in Battle of Bruma, and even though RNJesus decided it was his time to die in that battlefield, I actually dragged the corpse all the way back to the ruins of Kvatch, and putted him in the church's basement, with his weapons and surrounded in a bunch of golden stuff I stole.

Truly, a legend.

Edited by Ken Masters

Honestly? Lucina. Since I feel that she's misunderstood outside of Fire Emblem. If I'm entirely honest, she's the first character since Sonic the Hedgehog that's caught my interest in a powerful way. I've like Sonic for almost as long as I've been alive, so that's a pretty impressive feat since I wound up liking Fire Emblem on a whim. Oddly ironic since I enjoyed playing Marth and Ike in Brawl and later Roy in Melee but had no interest in trying a Fire Emblem game.

Before anyone feels curious and asks, I got the Awakening Special Edition 3DSXL purely because I couldn't get a Pikachu Special edition just to prepare for Pokémon X and Y's release. Heh. I was one choice away from a different Fate.

I'm honestly glad I felt some compelling obligation to finish it once I started.

Michelle Chang from the Tekken series.

Crash Bandicoot and Dingodile from the Crash Bandicoot series.

Frog from Chrono Trigger.

Wrex and Grunt from the Mass Effect series.

Red XIII from the Final Fantasy series.

Rebecca Chambers from the Resident Evil series.

Max from Shining Force, Slade from Shining Force 2 and Byuu from Bahamut Lagoon.

Edited by Bankai

My username here, Kirie, is an homage to the main villain (and a character that I absolutely love) of a somewhat obscure survival horror game: Fatal Frame (US)/Project Zero (PAL). Similarly, my reddit user name (LeminaAusa) is another favourite character from another lesser-known video game (Lunar 2: Eternal Blue).

*looks at sig* definitely Chang and Choi. Also Luise Meyrink and Alice are some of my favorite KoF characters.

I feel like Regal and Mary are the least popular characters from their Tales of games respectively, but they're both my absolute faves. (alongside Loni) Also Beryl

from Super Mario, I really like Petey Piranha, but I never see anything with him nowadays. I also really like Magikoopa.

Big the Cat and Tails Doll are my favorite Sonic characters (and the former seems to be mostly in creepypasta stuff)

from Zelda I love Fi, but a lot of people I know are really annoyed by her

Pigma is my favorite Star Fox character

I really like Geis, Ernst, Freida, Bami, and Gadis from Ys.

from Trails of Cold Steel, the Class VII members are my faves, but I really dig Scarlet, Irina Reinford, Victor Arseid, and particularly Rufus Albarea (fave Trails npc)

everyone seems to hate on Rick from Harvest Moon, but he's my husbando. Also like Carter and Griffin from AWL.

For the more obscure stuff...
Dela Delon and Umber from Brandish

Leon, Bargas, and Ricky from Langrisser

Stoj, Kuito, Rudy, Herbert, and Al from Legend of Dark Witch

Slade from Shining Force 2

I know Shining Force characters generally aren't popular, but I always thought that Slade was widely considered one of the coolest and most used units. (he's a fave of mine as well~)

I mean, he's a freaking ninja rat (yo Splinter) who can use magic spells and gets a katana that can OHKO.

Also if we're talking Shining Force, Vankar. He won't let you down~ Also Amy Rose Janet.

Well, I'll just mention my favorite video game character of all time again: Kreia. Sure, she's fairly popular among those who have played the game, but the game was never that big, and it has aged pretty poorly.

Not Kreia though. Kreia's particular brand of creepy badassery is eternal.

I would say Helena Harper and Jill Valentine from Resident Evil but honestly my love for them ain't subtle at all. Sheva and Jake are probably the two most people don't know. Maybe Claire, too.

From something other than Resident Evil... Maybe Saturos from Golden Sun.

Lotta people I know don't like Nero from Devil May Cry. I adore him. Tsubaki Yayoi from BlazBlue too.

And I admit Fenris from Dragon Age 2 is a guilty pleasure. I thought he was interesting.

I'd say Daisy from the Mario series qualifies here. I see mostly hate for her. But I love her and she'll forever be one of my top favorite video game characters. <3

Akira from Live A Live: many people don't like him because of how weak he is in battle; however, I do not think he is so weak and I also find him to be the best personality-wise between the 7 heroes, alongside Sundown Kid.

I'll say mine are Hamicar Barca and his crew including Izebel from Tears of Tiara 2. Starts off slow and the gameplay is pretty basic, but the story is incredibly top-notch and I get to feel pretty invested when everything gets going. Which is something most games can't seem to be able to do to me these days.

Also Yoshiki Kishinuma, Taguchi and Sakutaro Morishige from Corpse Party. Those dudes rock for me.

Ironically... I was gonna say Vergil

Dude I've never seen one person ever not like Vergil. I see more positive thoughts on him than Dante. The rage for Nero has cooled since DmC but I still see a lot of detractors for him.

Well, I'll just mention my favorite video game character of all time again: Kreia. Sure, she's fairly popular among those who have played the game, but the game was never that big, and it has aged pretty poorly.

Not Kreia though. Kreia's particular brand of creepy badassery is eternal.

Are you refering to KOTOR Sith Lords? If yes then I have her as one of my favorites too! Visas Marr is also among my faves. Edited by Quintessence

Are you refering to KOTOR Sith Lords? If yes then I have her as one of my favorites too! Visas Marr is also among my faves.

Oh yes.

"It is because you were...afraid." - sends shivers down my spine every time.

I wish I could say I liked the rest of the cast as much, but I really don't; I've got no interest in Visas at all, and Bao-Dur's character arc's finale was pretty much scrapped entirely. Sigh, the game could've been so much more than it was, and it's still that great. I should really get pretty much every Obsidian game I can get my hands on. Hell, they even get the player avatar right! I wish Intelligent Systems had been taking notes - it's probably my favorite self-insert character ever.

Oh yes.

"It is because you were...afraid." - sends shivers down my spine every time.

I wish I could say I liked the rest of the cast as much, but I really don't; I've got no interest in Visas at all, and Bao-Dur's character arc's finale was pretty much scrapped entirely. Sigh, the game could've been so much more than it was, and it's still that great. I should really get pretty much every Obsidian game I can get my hands on. Hell, they even get the player avatar right! I wish Intelligent Systems had been taking notes - it's probably my favorite self-insert character ever.

I'm really interested on that subject of best self-insert you know. I've never played the game and I've also never been able to insert myself into any player character so far so if I may ask could you clarify what makes that character great in your eyes?

Slade is top tek in shining force 2, bankai. Max tho, he's hit or miss.

I always liked May and Rohde in Shining Force 2 more than most, personally. Also janet you're so badddd

Also, Dekar from Lufia2 is such a bro