Revelations optimization help ( updated post )

Tias

UPDATED:

I first made a list when I started the game, now that I'm almost at the end It has changed a bit and I've updated it accordingly.

For revelations I have these kids so far:

- Camilla!Velouria
- Elise!Ophelia

- Sakura!Forrest

- Setsuna!Selkie

- Nyx!Rhajat

- Effie!Percy

- Mozu!Midori

- Beruka!Ignatius

- Felicia!Nina

- Orochi!Asugi

- Charlotte!Siegbert

- Hinoka!Caeldori

- Oboro!Kiragi

These kids I still need to figure out what I do with:

Dwyer
Sophie

Soliel

Mitama

Shiro

Hisame

Shigure

Could anyone help me figure out which are the optimal parents for them?
The only ones I have an idea about what I want to do with are:

- Rinkah/Kagerou!Shiro

- Hana/Peri!Soliel ( but many say hana would make soliel a glass canon)

Edited by Tias

Personally, I'd advise against Felicia!Forrest. Sakura is a better mother in basically every possible way, if you haven't planned her marriage yet. Sakura!Forrest has superior growths in every stat except RES, which Forrest gets plenty of anyway, due to most of his classes having good growths in that stat. Additionally, Felicia passes down the Mercenary class line which Forrest doesn't get much use out of, whereas Sakura passes Monk, which gives Forrest access to a number of awesome skills such as Renewal and Tomefaire.

Regarding Caeldori, Hinoka!Caeldori has equal or superior growths in every single stat and passes the useful Spear Fighter class line. Selena!Caeldori however still has decent growths and gains access to the Mercenary class line which contains useful skills such as Sol and Shurikenbreaker. Personally, I'm a fan of Selena!Caeldori... partly because it feels like Caeldori's supports with her mother were written for Selena specifically. You also get a special scene at the end of her recruitment Paralogue.

Regarding the "leftover kids", Shiro is extremely good - I personally like Camilla as his mother, which makes him a seriously tanky menace that's still pretty fast, but you already intend to marry her to Keaton, so a decent replacement would be Mozu (more well-rounded) or Kagero (loses some bulk, but gains 58 STR growth).

Nina is one of the kids that can go either way depending on who her mother is - Elise!Nina or Nyx!Nina make excellent Shining Bow users, if you don't go through with marrying them off to Odin and Hayato after all. Peri and Oboro make good mothers for a more physical Nina, and Selena will also do in a pinch.

I can't really comment on the other children as I've never or rarely used them.

Regarding your thoughts about Azura:

She doesn't die regardless of whether you marry her or not. I've not yet done a playthrough with M!Corrin though, so I can't tell you what the special ending is, either - if there is one.

Also keep in mind that marrying Azura may cause you to miss out on one child.

Personally, I'm not a fan of marrying the children, but Selkie and Velouria both seem like solid choices. Flip a coin?

Personally, I'd advise against Felicia!Forrest. Sakura is a better mother in basically every possible way, if you haven't planned her marriage yet. Sakura!Forrest has superior growths in every stat except RES, which Forrest gets plenty of anyway, due to most of his classes having good growths in that stat. Additionally, Felicia passes down the Mercenary class line which Forrest doesn't get much use out of, whereas Sakura passes Monk, which gives Forrest access to a number of awesome skills such as Renewal and Tomefaire.

Regarding Caeldori, Hinoka!Caeldori has equal or superior growths in every single stat and passes the useful Spear Fighter class line. Selena!Caeldori however still has decent growths and gains access to the Mercenary class line which contains useful skills such as Sol and Shurikenbreaker. Personally, I'm a fan of Selena!Caeldori... partly because it feels like Caeldori's supports with her mother were written for Selena specifically. You also get a special scene at the end of her recruitment Paralogue.

Regarding the "leftover kids", Shiro is extremely good - I personally like Camilla as his mother, which makes him a seriously tanky menace that's still pretty fast, but you already intend to marry her to Keaton, so a decent replacement would be Mozu (more well-rounded) or Kagero (loses some bulk, but gains 58 STR growth).

Nina is one of the kids that can go either way depending on who her mother is - Elise!Nina or Nyx!Nina make excellent Shining Bow users, if you don't go through with marrying them off to Odin and Hayato after all. Peri and Oboro make good mothers for a more physical Nina, and Selena will also do in a pinch.

I can't really comment on the other children as I've never or rarely used them.

Regarding your thoughts about Azura:

She doesn't die regardless of whether you marry her or not. I've not yet done a playthrough with M!Corrin though, so I can't tell you what the special ending is, either - if there is one.

Also keep in mind that marrying Azura may cause you to miss out on one child.

Personally, I'm not a fan of marrying the children, but Selkie and Velouria both seem like solid choices. Flip a coin?

Well I haven't planned to marry Sakura to anyone so that could be a possibility I guess

As for the skills that are passed down. Well, I do plan to do castle battles which will help with skills, so perhaps stat wise it might be best to go for Hinoka, but the urge to ship Selena with Subaki is still strong due to the whole caeldori/cordelia situation =p

As for the leftover kids...Eh, I think I'll just find out once I see what I've got left.

And in regards to who I'll marry. I'll give Azura a go in one of the reruns, but this narrows it down to 4 candidates then

Edited by Tias

I honestly wouldn't be surprised if Selena!Caeldori turns out to be canon in some way. As far as I'm aware, Caeldori is the only child to get an extra scene in her paralogue if a specific character (Selena) is her mother, and Caeldori's supports with her mother are pretty generic for everyone (as with most parent/child supports)... but Selena gets more lines than most of them do. It's most noticable in their A support. It serves as nice character development for both of them, too.

It's just a shame Selena passes down rather meh growths. I'll probably always do the pairing in future Revelation playthroughs because it fits so well, but it's still a little sad.

Now I'm done with both Conquest AND Birthright. I rushed through both of the routes to get to what I think is the "real canon route". Because of that I didn't bother with min/maxing everything.

But now that I'm gonna start on Revelations and I want to really take my time and level up most if not all the characters and try to optimize them as much as possible.

For revelations I have these marriages planned

- Camilla!Velouria

- Elise!Ophelia

- Charlotte!Siegbert

- Felicia!Forrest

- Setsuna or Hana !Selkie

- Nyx!Rhajat

- Effie!Soliel

- MU/Kaze!Shigure or Mozu!Midori ( for miracle midori )

- Hinoka or Selena !Caeldori

So the kids that are left are:

Dwyer

Sophie

Mitama

Shiro

Percy ( this is like my least favorite kid )

Kiragi

Asgui

Hisame

Ignatius

Nina

I would love to hear if any of the leftover kids ( wow that sounds rude lol) are worth it or any good, and if so, who their best mothers would be. I don't need to get every kid btw. (especially don't care about Percy

As for my MU, I was thinking:

- Azura

- Selkie

- Velouria

- Rhajat

- Caeldori

My only reason for looking at Azura is because I read there is a special ending in the 3rd route if you marry her. Not sure if that is true since I want to avoid spoilers ( but this sort of makes me think she's gonna die in the 3rd route too if you don't marry her ._.). Otherwise it comes down to Selkie or Velouria.

Camilla!Velouria!Kana would be strong as hell I imagine.

Selkie with Nohrian trust(from castle battles) and paired up with a MU who has +spd -mag, master ninja class and some skill activation skills could also be really strong.

I would have Selkie/Setsuna. It is amazing for doubling/dodging and if she partners with Asugi/Hisame, she also gets access to swordmaster or master ninja which cap the highest in speed. Selena is actually decent as mother for Caeldori but you would want to make her a physically tanky class. Mozu for Midori is insane for luck based builds and I think they suit each other so it works well.

• 4 weeks later...

I would honestly do Takumi/Hana. She gives him the Samurai line and good STR and SPD growths at the cost of DEF, which shouldn't matter if you plan to keep him in a ranged class. Oboro/Hinata gives Hisame some rather balanced stats. He gets the Spear Fighter line, which gives access to debuff moves and Rend Heaven along with Quixotic. Laslow/Peri gives Soliel the Cavalier class and gives her balanced stats as well. I would personally put Kagero or Rinkah with either Ryoma or Asama; Mitama benefits from a STR-based mother despite starting in a MAG-based class. I would do Rinkah/Asama and Kagero/Ryoma. Also, I would do Selena/Silas and Tsubaki/Hinoka; if you are keen on doing the whole Caeldori!Selena, you can just swap them around.

Those are my suggestions.

I would honestly do Takumi/Hana. She gives him the Samurai line and good STR and SPD growths at the cost of DEF, which shouldn't matter if you plan to keep him in a ranged class. Oboro/Hinata gives Hisame some rather balanced stats. He gets the Spear Fighter line, which gives access to debuff moves and Rend Heaven along with Quixotic. Laslow/Peri gives Soliel the Cavalier class and gives her balanced stats as well. I would personally put Kagero or Rinkah with either Ryoma or Asama; Mitama benefits from a STR-based mother despite starting in a MAG-based class. I would do Rinkah/Asama and Kagero/Ryoma. Also, I would do Selena/Silas and Tsubaki/Hinoka; if you are keen on doing the whole Caeldori!Selena, you can just swap them around.

Those are my suggestions.

I could easily beat the main game with what I have now so my aim is for PVP and an apotheosis team if such a map would ever be released. Do you think your suggestions would fit into either of these sections?

I think they would. If your child units are missing a skill or a class they want, remember you can marry them to each other for more classes. Also, other My Castles have the skills available for you.

The good thing is that only certain children can be screwed up and even then they are hard to mess up and can be versatile. So, have fun with the pairings.

I think they would. If your child units are missing a skill or a class they want, remember you can marry them to each other for more classes. Also, other My Castles have the skills available for you.

The good thing is that only certain children can be screwed up and even then they are hard to mess up and can be versatile. So, have fun with the pairings.

hmmm, well I'm not really interested in Hisame and I DO want Shigure. Kaden is with Setsuna and keaton with Camilla and Kaze with Mozu, only other unit with speed would be Silas but it doesn't look like Azura would be a good mother for Sophie = /. I could perhaps go Azura!Shiro and then have Kagero!Mitama

Done Hinoka!Caeldori tho

Edited by Tias