How do you think if the game Fire Emblem : Blazing Sword remade into a better game and was also made into an anime?

Blazing

What would you think if the game is made again? Also, what do you think if this game was made into an anime? I hope if the game is made with better graphics such as the PS4. Also, made into an anime with a longer story

Edited by Blazing

420 sword is 7th in the series. It's also in english. Meanwhile FE 4 & 5 are japanese only games that would be tons of fun if remade. Heck, if memory wasn't a problem at the time FE 4 would even have had the "my castle" feature. It has great potential. (They also have skills, a thing witch every FE from now on will definitely have. Also they are the last games made by the FE daddy, so they need some love.

Onlyyyyyy if they remake Binding Blade as well.

What I would want is...

-Support System like the GBA or Path of Radiance. Preferably a bit less tedious to get.

-Skills would be cool. Don't particularly have a preference for it

-Personal skills. My favorite addition to Fates

-No pair up

-No children mechanic

-Preferably no avatar, if they have to make Mark playable, just make them about as significant as they were in FE 7.

-Make the Sol Katti an actual good weapon.

-If they remake FE 6, have Lyndis have some significance so she doesn't feel like a retcon character

I'd watch any Fire Emblem anime. I like Mystery of the Emblem and its terrible voice acting, the only thing I don't like about it is that it was 2 episodes

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

I always thought FE7/6 would make a fun anime, especially if playable characters died. Any of the FEs could make a good anime though. But the Elibe games I feel have a lot of room for surprises.

As for remakes, I'd like 4/5 first, as would most I think. But I would still enjoy an Elibe remake either way. I would just hope that Awakening/Fates wouldn't influence TOO many changes, particularly Avatar/marriage stuff.

I'd prefer a remake of FE4, 5 or 6 instead. If any Fire Emblem were to have an anime I feel like 4 or awakening would be the best. Genealogy has a timeskip and great battles. If Blazing sword were to get an anime there'd better be a FE6 one right after.

• 3 weeks later...

I wouldnt mind as long as it has skills,personal skillls and if they remade 6 along with it so the child units can have their own story.

I think this would be a pretty cool idea, since they're set along the same storyline anyway. The marriage/child inheritance would fit perfectly with that scenario.

I, personally, don't really object to there being an avatar character present. They would probably have to adjust his role in the game to make him a little more interactive, though. To be honest, I forgot Mark was even in the game at times.

As for an anime...... I would say 'no' to this, but since Nintendo would be the one making it, I'd be completely okay with the idea. I'd be happy if they took any of the games from the FE series and made one (But I have always wanted to see one based in Tellius).

bring me the FE7 remake, bring me the beautiful upgraded Awakening/Fates graphics (or better), bring me the

Eliwood killing his waifu in a gorgeously rendered CG cutscene *foams at the mouth

the only thing with an FE7 remake is I would want the gameplay to be exactly the same as the GBA version, just with better graphics. & I know that's a stupid request & would never actually happen if a remake were to miraculously descend upon us. but changes made or not, I'd still like to see one. just please, no playable avatar, no children mechanic or S Support ranks + the obligatory "I love youuuu" scene that follows...

as for an anime, I want anime adaptations of everything so

I'd be cool with that, as long as the quality is good/decent

the only thing with an FE7 remake is I would want the gameplay to be exactly the same as the GBA version, just with better graphics. & I know that's a stupid request & would never actually happen if a remake were to miraculously descend upon us. but changes made or not, I'd still like to see one.

Actually, with the way Nintendo has been remaking it's stuff lately, I don't know if a remake would be really all that miraculous. Not trying to get anyone hopes up, or anything, but I think there's a possibility of it, especially with the rising popularity of the Fire Emblem series.

I would love to see a remake of FE 7. It's my favorite installment in the franchise and I actually have not seen a whole lot of people give it the credit it deserves. I want to see my original FE army in glorious 3D graphics with FMV cutscenes. It'd be epic.

As for the anime, I actually got REALLY bored about two years ago and wrote one. So, yeah.

Edited by Spazzmaster613

I don't really feel like the game needs a remake, the present development team shows how they can make plots at a fanfic level, plus I'm not a fan of anime and I don't want to see Fire Emblem turn into an ani-- oh wait... it was always one.

• 3 weeks later...

I'd sooner want a double pack HD remaster of Path of Radiance and Radiant Dawn if we're talking remakes. I imagine that could be done in the fraction of the time and money it would take to completely remake any non-3D entry onto modern hardware with 3D graphics, voice acting, etc.

But to stay on topic, I think a blazing sword remake would be great as an opportunity for improving the game. First, and I'm wholly surprised nobody brought this up, make the tutorial skippable or at least not dictating entire turns worth of actions. Yes I know it's only there on your first playthrough of Lyn's story, but it's still a fantastically bad and obstructive way of teaching the player mechanics. Especially if they've had any experience with this series previously, as FE7 is definitely the least complex internationally released entry into the franchise. Only rescuing and item usage with mounted units require a full explanation. Next I'd like to fix the support system by allowing infinite conversations per playthrough rather than just 5. This limitation has always been arbitrary in my mind, especially since this is before awakening where your list of support partners is typically 3-6 rather than over a dozen of the opposite sex. So having all those support boons in effect won't be too obscene of an addition. But if it is, reduce how much you can get from supports to compensate potentially having so much more. As for the A rank related epilogues, I would propose to use a fourth, Fates-esque A+ rank that lets the player choose their idealized partners for specific epilogue scenes for that playthrough.

Some character rebalancing could be nice. Between changes to base stats or growths, Matthew, Bartre, and many others could use some help in not being terrible. I'm also not a fan of the Arena creating opponents with stats that are impossible to attain within the game's stat caps. As well as being able to one round your character before it's possible to quit, and without them scoring a lucky critical. It's just poorly optimized for unfair results.. As for modern series additions, I'm not sure what I would really add to the game. The ability to grind between chapters a la Sacred Stones would be appreciated just for support collection. Plus it always bothered me that Merlinus was a merchant that never sold you anything, so having a basic shop between chapters that's separate from ones inside chapters would be nice. A Casual mode that turns off permadeath has never managed to be a detriment as long as it's optional. I'm opposed to arbitrarily adding marriage/children because the Outrealms/Deeprealms concept is full of plotholes and uninteresting when it's unexplored in the narrative (looking at you, Fates). Class skills and reclassing could be good, but like infinite supports, it can severely break the game's difficulty in a vain attempt to add depth. Maybe instead make personal skills to make characters a bit more unique. Like Sain dealing more damage when surrounded by women.

As for an anime I don't see any particular reason to pick Blazing Sword among other entries into the series. The most likely scenario I can imagine is a full-scale retelling of either Awakening or Fates which are overwhelmingly the most popular and current. Either that or a small (say 13 episode gig) tie in anime to a future Fire Emblem game. For Blazing Sword, I don't foresee any issues. It's a tightly written story with character drama, romantic relationships left unexplored, and lots of dead parents. Sounds like standard anime fare to me. Could do with more macguffins though. FE7's Fire Emblem hardly makes a cameo in the plot, while Sacred Stones and Awakening have more of a collection quest going on.

In regards to the anime idea? Eh, I couldn't really care less either way. If it was good, I'd check it out, but otherwise... meh.

In regards to the remake, though, I'd be down for one, although I think it should definitely have an "Original Mode" option that lets you play through basically just "FE7 HD" with no modifications whatsoever besides using the user interface elements and graphical style of the 3DS entries.

Characters should be reillustrated, but their actual designs shouldn't be changed.

Branching promotions might actually be neat to play around with in FE7, as long as nobody's original promotions were rendered unavailable.

I'm fine with making Mark a player-controlled character as long as it's done tastefully and they don't commandeer the story and the credit for everything that happens.

My answer to whether or not there should be a multiple generations mechanic is the same as the answer to the question of whether or not it'd be an FE6+7 remake compilation. I would actually love to see some inheritance mechanics going on for the children of FE7 characters in FE6, as well as some stat carryover for characters like Marcus, Merlinus, and Bartre. Adding some new characters you can get by pairing people up in FE7 before transferring data over would actually be pretty cool, but it is also true that FE6 is hardly hurting for recruitable characters.

Edited by Topaz Light

• 4 months later...

Why not make it like FE4? If they do remake FE7 they should pair it with FE6 and if certain characters reach max support they have their children that are from FE6 but it will be a whole different story arc (like in FE4). Characters will inherit certain skills and stats.