Favorite Faction?

Gameplaywise Dawn Brigade because their chapters in hard more are the perfect difficulty for me in FE.

You have to care about some fragile units including the lord, Micaiah against enemies with serious stats.
I love 1-3, 1-F, 3-6 and 3-13 because of their difficulty.

Only 1-9 is annoying if Micaiah is bad.

CK's and GM's have some units who are much higher level than the enemies so their chapters are less challenging.

However part 2 features two of my absolute favorite chapters in FE: 2-P and 2-E

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

Lyn's Legion. The camaraderie of the group made them extremely memorable. It helps that they give each member at least some meaningful screen time as opposed to Eliwood's band which eventually highlights only 5 or 6 characters in the long run if you think about it. The opening chapters of Blazing Sword are easily some of my favorites in the series.

Probably the CKs mainly because Part 2 was my favorite part of RD, though the Mercenaries will always have a place in my heart cause I only used them (Well mainly) in my PoR runs. As for the DB, I really only like Miccy, Sothe and Nolan from that group so I don't use them that much anyways, but I do like them.

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't finished radiant dawn but it is quickly becoming one of my favourite games of all time. Anyways, to answer the question, I'd pick the dawn brigade not becuase of stats but because of the story. I just like the idea of starting at the bottom of society (a small army of rebel treated as criminals) to becoming the ruler of Daein. Sure they seem kinda terrible (stat wise) now that I'm in part 3 of the game but I'll always cherish the memories of part 1! Does anyone else like that part of the game?

Oh, if only it had more chapters.....

The Dawn Brigade is weak and underdeveloped due to lack of supports and their chapters are annoyingly hard. I don't get why people like them.

Greil Mercenaries are the best by far, imo. Best characters, they're really good units overall, and also, they've got Ike. <3 The only member I genuinely hate is Mia, honestly.

Edited by Anacybele

The Dawn Brigade is weak and underdeveloped due to lack of supports and their chapters are annoyingly hard. I don't get why people like them.

Greil Mercenaries are the best by far, imo. Best characters, they're really good units overall, and also, they've got Ike. <3 The only member I genuinely hate is Mia, honestly.

In what ways is it "annoyingly hard"? I want to know because I'm thinking of (maybe) developing a spiritual successor to the Tellius series....one day.

Crimean Royal Knights plot wise

Greil Mercs in gameplay

Dawn Brigade for willingly taking the abuse I throw their way. Such as taking Zihark and Jill from them and not caring enough about the characters to reset when one dies

I haven't finished radiant dawn but it is quickly becoming one of my favourite games of all time. Anyways, to answer the question, I'd pick the dawn brigade not becuase of stats but because of the story. I just like the idea of starting at the bottom of society (a small army of rebel treated as criminals) to becoming the ruler of Daein. Sure they seem kinda terrible (stat wise) now that I'm in part 3 of the game but I'll always cherish the memories of part 1! Does anyone else like that part of the game?

Oh, if only it had more chapters.....

Yeah I feel yah, Part I is my favorite part in the game as well. All of the Dawn Brigade levels imo are my favorite and I really wish as well that there were more chapters to Part I.

In what ways is it "annoyingly hard"? I want to know because I'm thinking of (maybe) developing a spiritual successor to the Tellius series....one day.

You're forced to use a lot of really squishy units against higher level\stronger enemies. Nolan is the only one barring Sothe who can really take a hit at all until you get Jill. And Micaiah has to stay alive and she's the squishiest of them all. It's no wonder the game throws Nailah at you here (and the BK, for a short time).

You're forced to use a lot of really squishy units against higher level\stronger enemies. Nolan is the only one barring Sothe who can really take a hit at all until you get Jill. And Micaiah has to stay alive and she's the squishiest of them all. It's no wonder the game throws Nailah at you here (and the BK, for a short time).

So all I'd need to do is make the enemies weaker then if I wanted to balance Radiant Dawn?

Make them a bit weaker, yeah. Not by a lot tho, don't want it to be too easy. And the DB didn't get enough chapters in general.

I'll also add in that aside from more chapters, mages in general also kind of suck in general in this game except Soren and possibly Calill. Not to say Tormod or Illyana are unfeasible but they have some odd problem and all are squishy and can't use Imbue for some reason which would solve their squishy problem.

Also growth distribution in this game is kind of weird. Meg is a knight has around 30-35 def growth yet around 60% speed or something like that and 50% res. Unit placement is also kind of weird since why would you use Meg when she joins in a desert map with laguz enemies? For that matter, Fiona will never be really used since you have only two chapters plus endgame to try anything with her before army switch.

So don't make an level 1 unit a knight and consider unit recruitment where the map they join in is favorable to them. Finally to end it all, I prefer the Crimean faction, that endgame map was just too good.

Edited by Raguna

Make them a bit weaker, yeah. Not by a lot tho, don't want it to be too easy. And the DB didn't get enough chapters in general.

The GM's chapters are made that you can train your low leveled units like Soren, Rhys, Rolf and Mist.

High leveled units like Ike, Shinon or Titania shall mainly poke the enemies to give the kills to the lower leveled ones..

As for the DB chapters the enemies are pretty much the same level like the DB members. In hard mode they tend to be even higher level.

It's a problem since you don't really have a Jagen in your team who can prepare kills for the DB members.

Sothe can't take three hits at the end of part 1, halftransformed Volug can't double everyone and Nailah eats everything.

It's one of FE10's balance issues.

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

db chapters are an interesting challenge, but the annoying thing is that their availability means the exp is really sparse, so it's frustrating that you have to only pick a few characters who can be viable for part 4 (unless it's EM I guess?).

greil mercs are way more fun, though their chapters aren't as challenging.

story-wise, rd doesn't really develop either side very well, though the gm's have the advantage of having a game that does develop them well. i got attached to the gm's from playing path of radiance, so it's a really beautiful moment when i first played radiant dawn and they make their appearance.