Physical or Digital

Sorry to make a topic over something so minor, but I intend to get this game but am not sure which version to get. I heard that the digital version might have faster load times? Can anyone confirm this? Because if so I'd probably get that version. If not, I could go for either.

(The good news is the Fortissimo Edition is highly unlikely to sell out in Australia given how niche gaming is over here, especially for a game like this. The bad news is it, like all special editions, are stupidly overpriced in Australia, it alone is about as much as all 3 routes of Fates.)

I would say digital for the faster loading times. Although, you really want the special edition with all of those stuff and can wait out the loading times, go with physical.

I like physical things whenever I can get them over digital but thats just personal preference. Another thing to consider is the limited HDD space for the Wii U not sure how big this game is but I'm betting its pretty hefty.

the game is in the ballpark of 16GB, If you have an HDD for your WiiU, go for digital for the faster load times. If you don;t, it's big enough compared to the inbuilt memory to say go for physical(or go physical if you care about the contents of the SE)

I prefer buying physical games unless you can only buy them on the eshop. Digital copies take up more space so it depends on how much room you have. There aren't a lot of good games out for the Wii U so I would imagine you would have plenty of space but either way it's up to you. It doesn't take long to load in the game so I wouldn't be concerned about that if I were you. Which ever is easier for you to access is the one I would get if I were you.

I went physical, because I always do. Advantage includes the art book and the CD in the Fortissimo Edition, and if you don't have any external storage device, the DLC from popular games (like Smash and Mario Kart) and built-in games (like New SMB U and Wii Party U in the Family Pack) alone will consume almost all of the 25GB storage space.

The loading time issue isn't that bad. And I don't think a mechanical hard disk plugged to a USB 2.0 port will help that much.

Thanks everyone. From what it sounds like, the load times aren't an issue on the disc, so I'll probably be getting physical. I wasn' aware the Wii U's memory was so small, and I already have Wind Waker HD, MK8 and Smash DLC on it.

Thanks everyone. From what it sounds like, the load times aren't an issue on the disc, so I'll probably be getting physical. I wasn' aware the Wii U's memory was so small, and I already have Wind Waker HD, MK8 and Smash DLC on it.

If that's all you have then you should be good either way.

Just got the Fortissimo edition today. I'm really glad I did, the artbook is actually a lot better than I expected. I was dissapointed by the Xenoblade Chronicles X artbook, but this one has a lot of pages to it, and contains actual developer commentary as well as just art. It's a lot like the Persona 3 artbook I have: for every character it goes over the designers' thoughts and how they came up with the final design. (e.g. apparently Navarre was going to have swords for legs and arms, but they thought that was going a bit too far and made him look too mechanical), and ends with some interviews. So I was actually pretty surprised by that. I'd say that was worth it for that alone.