Is It Possible For The Awakening Trio To Be In The Next Fire Emblem Game

IAmBadAtNames

I know that a lot of people are either saying that they are hoping that the children or any other character makes a return but I just can't get the idea of them returning out of my head, which is most likely because I loved their development (Mostly) and how truly awesome they are. You see, I can't get all these ideas of how they return out of my head, so I decided to just ask if they are plausible and to actually stop myself from continuing to fixate on the ideas.

The first thought I had was that they return as reincarnations, and I know that Rhajat, Asugi and Caelodori were rather cringe-worthy but hear me out, as this idea would allow them to return without story inconvenience as it could easily keep to a vague fates story choice as it could e that as hey are returning home they are ambushed and killed by assassins, and when the odin reincarnation supports with selena's it can go that he keeps having nightmares of being ambushed by scary men and he remembers a red haired girl with him and her getting shot by an arrow and feeling despair and then it goes black. Then I realised that may not be very realistic as in Birthright Laslow dies so it could never be that he was with them. So if they did do a support similar to that it could never be with the laslow reincarnation, unless only it their deaths were from odins view, which in that case if laslow dies after odin it would mean he did not see his death, or of course odin reincarnination in the support says he remembers seeing an arrow going towards someone and jumping in their way. I also like his idea for the reason that they could make a shy laslow who was not told to flirt to get rid of his shyness plus who doesn't want more manhandling moments.

Another thought I had was that after they were returning to ylisse, another being transported the three of them to a another new place, but the person says that it was a mistake that the trio was brought here it was supposed to be the children (Purposely Vague) and they being their noble selves take the childrens place thus entering in their 4th war.

Also could you tell me if it is plausible or just a horrible idea and you don't want to see any more characters returning and I am being stupid

Edited by IAmBadAtNames

I'm just tired of IS thinking that a game can't stand on its own without some reference to Awakening, or using this dumb multiverse ordeal that was introduced thanks to Awakening.

I'd like a game to stand on its own please...

I'm just tired of IS thinking that a game can't stand on its own without some reference to Awakening, or using this dumb multiverse ordeal that was introduced thanks to Awakening.

I'd like a game to stand on its own please...

I don't want to see Odin, Laslow, or Selena ever again, but it's not like this is a new phenomenon like you say it is.

Gaiden took place in FE1's world and had Zeke, Est, Palla, and Catria.

FE3 was a remake and sequel

FE4 was confirmed to be in the same situation as Fates where it takes place a millennia ago.

FE5 is a midquel.

FE6 was the first game to have a unique world since FE1, and then it got a prequel.

I hope the next game is distinct, but Fates is just continuing the Gaiden parallels that it already had.

There's no shame or harm in appreciating character development from them and wanting to see more :> But personally, as much as I love the Awakening trio, it's time to move on from Awakening. I get that their inclusion was probably more or less a shout out to the success of Awakening, but I don't think the series needs or the players need to be reminded of this anymore.

I would like to see a full roster of new characters. No clones, no time shenanigans, no reincarnations - just new characters.

Don't get me wrong, things like reincarnations are interesting, but if that is a go-to reason to explain why three of the children characters look the same as three characters from Awakening, that's a pretty lazy reason if you ask me especially since there isn't really an in-depth reason to back it up.

Edited by carefreejules

I don't want them to be in the next game. I love all 3 of them but I would only want to see them if it was an awakening sequel. If it isn't keep them away from the next game. most likely they will put the 3 most popular children from fates in the next game though. judging by the hoshido festivle artwork the 4 most popular are Dwyre Forrest Ophelia and Nina. so if it is only 3 like in fates either Ophelia won't or Forrest wont to me

now it's time to guess there aliases .

Edited by Freezing Hellfire

Wouldn't it sort of be like a joke at that point? The wonderful adventures of the Awakening Trio? If anything I'd say chances are higher we'll get copies of the most popular units in Fates rather than reusing the ones from Awakening.

That being said, I don't think Intelligent Systems will be doing either, given the lukewarm reception to what many people consider to be reusing character designs. I also doubt children will appear in the next installment for the same reason.

I don't want to see Odin, Laslow, or Selena ever again, but it's not like this is a new phenomenon like you say it is.

Gaiden took place in FE1's world and had Zeke, Est, Palla, and Catria.

FE3 was a remake and sequel

FE4 was confirmed to be in the same situation as Fates where it takes place a millennia ago.

FE5 is a midquel.

FE6 was the first game to have a unique world since FE1, and then it got a prequel.

I hope the next game is distinct, but Fates is just continuing the Gaiden parallels that it already had.

Yes, but those have something called a connection that isn't shoe horned in by a very dumb multiverse.

The Outrealms is one of the most absolutely dumb things introduced in FE ever, even more dumb than the bloodpacts of FE10 fame.

Edited by Glorious Nippon Steel

Wouldn't it sort of be like a joke at that point? The wonderful adventures of the Awakening Trio? If anything I'd say chances are higher we'll get copies of the most popular units in Fates rather than reusing the ones from Awakening.

That being said, I don't think Intelligent Systems will be doing either, given the lukewarm reception to what many people consider to be reusing character designs. I also doubt children will appear in the next installment for the same reason.

I really hope this is true. Because while I didn't really mind SOL's inclusion in the game, it was rather obviously pandering to the fanbase. Having them in the next one would be obvious shoehorning, and I'm hoping the most popular units here stay here rather than showing up in the next game.

I can only hope for that to be true.

If they want fanservice, do it in DLC like Awakening did. Don't shoehorn older characters into another game especially if their role is ultimately wasted in the end.

I guess it's possible, but I think they've had their run already. Maybe they could cameo in DLC, but I don't want to see them trying to (badly) save the world again XD

Also, I honestly really like the Outrealms. It lets the devs try different things without panicking about what's canon or not. Besides, FE7 already alluded to their existence with the Dragon's Gate, then FE11 with the Alterspire. Finally Fates went full circle and pretty much tells you that FE7's Dragon's Gate was an Outrealm Gate all along.

I liked the Awakening trio in Awakening and I liked Inigo and Severa's character development (though I am still a little peeved that they keep making her more rude than she is in the Japanese script for no reason) in Fates, but I don't think they need to come back for a third game unless it's some kind of dream multi-game crossover or something that has characters from every game show up.

Yes, but those have something called a connection that isn't shoe horned in by a very dumb multiverse.

The Outrealms is one of the most absolutely dumb things introduced in FE ever, even more dumb than the bloodpacts of FE10 fame.

Pretty much this. The world of Fates is explicitly a different world than the one where Awakening happens, with no connection other than the Outrealms, and the only reason Chrom says that bit about Hoshido and Nohr is fanservice.

And yeah, the Outrealms are just fanservice machines. At least the blood pacts were used to move the story along and had a tangible effect, even if it was arguably a negative one.

Edited by AzureSen

Thanks for answering this with your own views, it was just as I first mentioned it would just keep on annoying me if I did not and I know it would probably make a character seem very overused and may cause dislike for he character in the long run. I can also see how a sequel or returning characters is highly unlikely considering that if they attempt to be vague to the fates universe it took place in would be rather difficult due to all the dead or unborn characters,and considering the general dislike for the children and the hate of the reincarnations it would be unlikely for them to return. Though I must admit that in my opinion, I hope that marriage and children are kept, just that they make more likable children. than fates did.

I guess it's possible, but I think they've had their run already. Maybe they could cameo in DLC, but I don't want to see them trying to (badly) save the world again XD

Also, I honestly really like the Outrealms. It lets the devs try different things without panicking about what's canon or not. Besides, FE7 already alluded to their existence with the Dragon's Gate, then FE11 with the Alterspire. Finally Fates went full circle and pretty much tells you that FE7's Dragon's Gate was an Outrealm Gate all along.

I agree with this to an extent; it has a lot of potential, and lets Intelligent Systems do a lot of funny, silly things that suit DLC's.

What they shouldn't do, however, is go down the multiverse theory route, which they've already arguably done. To me, it just comes across as pandering when Fates try saying that all the routes happened, even though one ending is the obvious true end.

Then again, maybe I'm just a hypocrite, since I love the Future Past DLC.

It might be selfish to say this, but I really don't want continuing to ride on Awakening's success to be the key to the franchise's survival. I'd much rather see the next game to distance itself from it as much as possible. Even though I liked the Awakening Trio in Fates, their presence was just fanservice and the justification doesn't help much.

I want the next game to completely stand on its own, with the possible exception of DLC.

I love SOL (I'm gonna call them that now lol) but they need a well deserved rest, honestly. I have no problem with the Avatar mechanic coming back and I have no issues with the marriage/child mechanic coming back, either; all I ask is that IS learns from their mistakes and refine the ideas and concepts in a new FE game with a new cast of characters and a well thought out story.

I also don't mind the Outrealms facilitating the notion of multiverses; I actually think its interesting. It kind of reminds me of the Amala Network from the SMT series, which may or may not be a good thing.

I'm not a fan of the multiverse theory as IntSys is doing it. Something like LoZ's multiverse, where one game is like "THIS is what happened if Link lost in OoT" and another is like "THIS is what happened if he won", something like that I would think is really cool. But what they're doing is basically hemming and hawwing and trying to avoid canonizing anything, which means they can basically pick and choose/cut-and-paste lore (re: Priam and the entire mess around him), which isn't a good way to tell a story IMO.

Severa is my all-time favorite character in Fire Emblem, but even I think that the Awakening Trio shouldn't be in the next game, nor should any Fates characters return in the next game.

Sorta unrelated, but I also hope that the Avatar is the side character again like in Awakening. Though I do like having a personal sword and having the convoy on my Avatar.

Outrealms are fine for DLC shenanigans but I'd appreciate it if they were removed from the canon elements of the games. Tying all the stories together through a multiverse isn't clever writing, it's just a lazy excuse for fanservice. In regards to the Awakening trio or anyone else returning for a sequel, please no. If you fell in love with those characters, you can fall in love with brand new characters too. Fire Emblem characters aren't so deep that I want to see them appear in several unrelated titles.

• 4 weeks later...

Ah, Severa, Owain and Inigo. Three characters that I had initially written off as not something I liked until I unlocked their supports and played through the future past. Now they stand as some of my favorites from the series. I was initially afraid though when I realized they would be in Fates, until I found out that IS actually had the good sense to let the mature and develop, and they still stand as my favorite characters from Fates.

As to whether I want to see them again? Not in another mainline Fire Emblem, no. A spin-off title focused just on them? Maybe, but again, not a mainline Fire Emblem. As has been stated already, Fire Emblem is not supposed to be an interconnected universe (multiverse?). Awakening and Fates may have saved the franchise's future outside of Japan, but it is time to move on to something new. As Nekoknight said, if we have fallen in love with these characters, then we can fall in love with new ones as well.

Edited by warchiefwilliams

I enjoyed watching those characters develop a bit more, but I feel like it was still kind of a cheap thing to do. I think that it detracted from the games potential to introduce new and interesting characters in their stead by placing Awakening characters back in. I hope that in the next game they don't add characters in from Awakening or Fates so that we can really focus on an entirely original cast and what they contribute to either the story or character support.

Owain and co aren't here due to a multiverse though. There are a few references to Fates being the distant past (Chrom acknowledging them as mythical kingdoms in the Awakening DLC, Owain explicitly tells his daughter in their support that the first Exalt was from the distant future, although the localization cut that reference alongside some other irrelevant text in order to shorten its length).

Anyway, I hope they keep using the Outrealms, but I also would prefer if it were moved to DLC-only. In fact, I think one of Fates' biggest mistakes is leaving parts of the main story for the DLC. The DLC should be exclusively optional Outrealms content, like in Awakening.