Revelation Pairing Suggestions

DragonFlames

Heya, my good people of the Forest!

You're probably tired of topics like this by now, but I have to butt in with another one. I'm currently playing Revelations for the second time (first time was for the story) and I'd like to make a save file dedicated to optimized (as much as possible) skills and pairings, so here's the question: Who should go with whom? I have a few ideas in mind, but if you could help me, it would be very much appreciated.

Here we go!

First things first, here's my Avatar:

Male Corrin, +Skl, -HP, Talent: Spear Fighter (mainly for Rend Heaven, Quixotic or the two debuffs are also possible in the Final Build, which I haven't decided on yet)

Pairings I have thought about:

M!Corrin/Hana => I admit that this is mostly personal bias, since Hana is my favourite Fates character but it also has three gameplay reasons: 1) Rend Heaven on Hana. 2) Fast and skillful Kana with a solid mod spread. 3) Swordmaster access for Corrin.

Selena/Hinata => fast and tanky Hisame with Sol and/or Shurikenbreaker.

Subaki/Oboro => Great Lord Caeldori that looks like Lucina... because style, I guess. Alternatively Lancefaire on Falcon Knight Caeldori

or

Subaki/Nyx => strongest magical Caeldori, will most likely become a Dark Flier/Dark Falcon.

Kaze/Kagero => Dread Fighter Midori with the highest possible strength and minimal stat penalties (only -1 in Luck and Defence, I think) and the ability to get Rend Heaven

or

Kaze/Mozu => The infamous Luck-Midori.

Saizo/Beruka => semi-tanky Asugi with ridiculous skill mod and access to both Poison Strike and Savage Blow, same for Saizo

or

Saizo/Sakura => magically focused Asugi who will be the best user of the Fire Shuriken and/or Felicia's Plate outside of Felicia or a magically focused Dwyer.

Hayato/Nyx => Rhajat with access to Vengeance/Bowbreaker/Malefic Aura (I think that's the name), alternatively Tomefaire on Nyx.

or

Hayato/Sakura => Rhajat with both Countermagic AND Counter.

Xander/Effie => for extremely tanky Siegbert and Wary Fighter on Xander, because his speed tends to be shaky.

or

Xander/Charlotte => Sol access for Xander/Siegbert and good pair up mods from Berserker!Charlotte

Silas/Hinoka => Sophie with no negative stat mods and access to Kinshi-Knight without Caeldori A+

Kaden/Mozu => salvaging Selkie's abysmal skill mod and access to Aptitude to cap stats faster.

or

Kaden/Setsuna => ridiculously fast Selkie, who will then be married to Hisame for access to Flowing Strike (I don't know the English name for this skill).

Keaton/Rinkah => tanky Velouria with Counter and Death Blow, alternatively the same thing on Keaton. Rinkah with access to Sol without Charlotte A+

or

Keaton/Azura => like Kaze/Mozu, the point is to bring Velourias crippling negative skill mods into a manageable level, same for Shigure's defence

Odin/Elise => Dark mage acces for Elise. Highest possible magic (tied with Odin/Orochi and Odin/Nyx) for Ophelia Also pretty much the only S-support for Elise I can tolerate.

or

Odin/Felicia => no -2 defence mod and slightly better skill on Ophelia than Odin/Elise.

or

Odin/Orochi => Ophelia gets her highest skill mod from this pairing and it gives her access to Tomefaire without having to A+ Rhajat.

Leo/Sakura => Tomefaire on Leo, Lifetaker/Vengeance on Sakura.

or

Leo/Beruka => Trample on Leo, tanky (?) Forrest.

I haven't given the other ones much thought yet, or rather, I don't know what to do with them. The children that have priority to be "optimized" are the ones resulting from the above mentioned pairings.

The pairings listed for Leo are more for Leo's benefit than Forrest's, to be honest.

That would leave:

Shiro

Kiragi (he's one of three candidates I wouldn't mind missing out on, since you have Takumi, Setsuna and Mozu as solid options for Snipers.)

Nina

Soleil (the second of three candidates, since Selena is already a good enough mercenary)

Dwyer

Percy (the last of three candidates, since you have Beruka and Camilla as Wyvern Lords/Malig Knights.)

Ignatius (I thought to make him as tanky as possible, maybe through Beruka or Camilla, but I'm not sure)

I think I forgot someone, but I'm not too sure who...

Another thing I wanted to say:

A few weeks back, my posts on this forum have been very negative in nature, unfairly so in most cases. I wanted to sincerely apologize for that. I joined so that I could enjoy my favourite game franchise with you all and share my own and your enjoyment, not to be a negative prick and shooting down anyone's opinion and/or favourite Fates character as I did with most of the Royals.

Again, I'm terribly sorry for that and I will try to better myself from here on out.

Much love,

DragonFlames.

... Whew, went slightly off-topic there, but that needed to be said.

Thanks in advance to any kind soul willing to help me. If you have suggestions, feel free to suggest. None of these pairings are set in stone yet, since I just reached Chapter 10, so everything is still open for debate.

Edited by DragonFlames

You probably already know this but if you marry Hana you will be getting screwed out of a child. Personally I'd say your best option is to marry a Kamuisexual or a child.

EDIT: wow I'm dumb. Sorry I didn't read the whole post. :P

Edited by dice1235

are these pairings meant to benefit the parents, children, or both ?? because i see a lot of both here, so it's a bit hard to recommend any changes.

It's a little bit of both, of course, but it doesn't have to stay that way. Like, say, if a combination of parents turns one of the children into a weapon of mass-destruction, but the pairing doesn't give the parents themselves that much of an advantage, I wouldn't mind it THAT much.

ah, i see. here's what i'm thinking about those last children.

shiro should get camilla as a mother as kaze/kagero is a good combo, or kagero just goes to someone who needs the str and skl mods. kagero can also be shiro's mother, giving both shiro and ryoma the chance to be a master ninja (although this can probably happen anyway through A+)

felicia's a good mother for nina as she has mixed stats, making a great adventurer nina.

dwyer gets orochi for a good skl mod, plus some more magic to balance out jakob's high str.

percy's a very 'meh' child. even shigure can do his job better than him. camilla should suffice as your wyvern lord.

soleil relies on her strength and skill a lot, but her hp is lacking. she's an all-round, do whatever you want.

kiragi's basically built to be a better sniper than takumi. with the higher skill cap depending on the right mom, he's great.

idk what to do w/ ignatius but percy sucks

ah, i see. here's what i'm thinking about those last children.

shiro should get camilla as a mother as kaze/kagero is a good combo, or kagero just goes to someone who needs the str and skl mods. kagero can also be shiro's mother, giving both shiro and ryoma the chance to be a master ninja (although this can probably happen anyway through A+)

felicia's a good mother for nina as she has mixed stats, making a great adventurer nina.

dwyer gets orochi for a good skl mod, plus some more magic to balance out jakob's high str.

percy's a very 'meh' child. even shigure can do his job better than him. camilla should suffice as your wyvern lord.

soleil relies on her strength and skill a lot, but her hp is lacking. she's an all-round, do whatever you want.

kiragi's basically built to be a better sniper than takumi. with the higher skill cap depending on the right mom, he's great.

idk what to do w/ ignatius but percy sucks

Alright, thank you!

So I should go with Kaze/Kagero to leave room for Ryoma/Camilla. Got it.

Felicia/Niles sounds like a fun idea, I think I'll try it out! I went with Niles/Charlotte on CQ and Nina was pretty strong then, but I'll try your idea this time, since I'm currently searching for a competent Shining Bow user other than Sakura or (maybe) a magically focused Mitama...

Who I completely forgot about... I feel stupid now..

Jakob/Orochi also sounds interesting for a mixed Dwyer that can attack both physically and magically and/or heal a little better. Would Butler or Strategist be a better class for this Dwyer?

So from what I gather, you'd leave out Percy, then. Alright, so no wife for Arthur.

And I think I'll go Laslow/Peri, because I just adore their supports, if it doesn't really matter for Soleil, anyway

Edited by DragonFlames

i prefer dwyer as a butler, mainly because of the s rank staff capability and that dwyer can use felicia's plate if his magic stat end up higher than his strength.

(mitama's great. you can always give midori mozu and make kagero mitama's mom for some good str and skill.)

Edited by flightsun