Card Misprint?

Mallow

I'm not actually sure if "misprint" is the correct word here, but I was opening a package from my Overcoming Rivalry box, and um...

tumblr_o9clcjVtvb1r1q2jvo1_540.jpg

I'm not actually sure if that was supposed to happen.

In case you can't read the set tag at the bottom, it says "B07-002R+X."

The +X part is confusing, too. Not sure what that means.

(I apologize if this was supposed to be put in an existing thread! Obligatory "hi i'm new")

Congrats!

Yup, this was discussed in another topic (Cipher Series 5), but no worries because not even I can find it XD

From what we understand, X means it's a "secret" card, like HNX Tiki in Series 4. In this case, it's meant to promote Series 7, which features Blazing Sword (where Eliwood is from), hence the weird numbering.

Presumably in Series 7, there's a B07-002R(+) that's a version of this Eliwood.

Oh, now I see it. I hadn't seen anything like this in any of the other sets, so I can't properly express how confused I was. xD

That would also explain why I didn't know it already, because I didn't buy any boosters for Series 4.

Thanks so much to both of you! I'll try to comb through the existing threads a little more carefully next time before making a new one.

Go figure, maybe everyone else was just like "no, I know exactly what's going on" and didn't need to ask any questions. xD

Glad I could inadvertently help! :3

Edit// Okay so I just opened box 2 and...

tumblr_o9d8ajAZnH1r1q2jvo1_540.jpg

I got another one?

Either these things aren't quite as rare as I thought (is it one per box or something??) or I basically just hit that 1% critical chance, so to speak. o_o

Edited by Mallow

As far as we can tell, they're about as rare as any other R+ card, so it's not exactly common to pull 2 of the same in 2 different boxes, but not super rare either. As an example, in my 3 boxes for S4, I pulled 2 R+ Kirias.

It's a super gorgeous card, though; I hope you enjoy it. :)

It's frankly impossible for a card like that to accidentally show up, it seems they only create cards one set ahead, with the cards of the set 2 sets ahead is getting its art drawn.

As far as we can tell, they're about as rare as any other R+ card, so it's not exactly common to pull 2 of the same in 2 different boxes, but not super rare either. As an example, in my 3 boxes for S4, I pulled 2 R+ Kirias.

It's a super gorgeous card, though; I hope you enjoy it. :)

That would make sense, I guess I just was under the belief after other posts/what I had seen on other threads that it was rarer and did not expect to find a second in another box.

(If the third box has one too, though, I'm calling conspiracy. :p)

That would make sense, I guess I just was under the belief after other posts/what I had seen on other threads that it was rarer and did not expect to find a second in another box.

(If the third box has one too, though, I'm calling conspiracy. :p)

Original thought it that it would be rarer, yes, but anecdata and pricing seems to indicate the same pull rate as other R+s.

Original thought it that it would be rarer, yes, but anecdata and pricing seems to indicate the same pull rate as other R+s.

Well, if anything, I'm not surprised it only took the community under 72 hours to pull together that sorta information.