The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

For a few months, peace and order reigned SF's music community. Every week, one person would be elected the Vicar of Music and, for an unchallenged week, would gift his music to the community. The world listened, nodded, smiled and kept going with their lives.

That order is now gone.

The world is shaken.

EVERY DAY, music must be posted. Who posts it? Me. Like all good anarchy, this one is channelled through an organised spreadsheet for which you must put your name, song and link. I will post the songs as they're ordered on the list every day, one a day.

Can you talk about your music? Yes.

Can my music be my favourite cartoon opening theme and or video game? Preferably not. There is a strong preference that the music stands on its own right as opposed to being a soundtrack for other events, like films or games or whatever. It's not outlawed, but I'll consider it if the thread gets swamped in it.

With regards to other subgenres, I'll sometimes shuffle the order around of songs - if we get like four jazz songs in a row, I'll probably shift the next non-Jazz song into the third day just to break things off.

It would also help if your song choices were diverse but tbh since it's only a day anyway it probably doesn't matter too much. Ideally, stick to submitting one song per given artist.

Furthermore, give others a chance to flourish! After submitting your first song, please wait until it's posted before submitting another!

And, very importantly, please do not submit anonymously or your song will not be posted.

Here is the playlist to which all songs have been and will be added. The old Vicar of Music playlist is also being updated with Anarchist songs.

Edited by Parrhesia

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

how do we input into the spreadsheet?

Like, do we need a google account? My only google account has my full name and I'd rather not edit that

is it possible to just make a request in thread that will be put onto the list?

Edited by Ms. Bunch

Like, do we need a google account? My only google account has my full name and I'd rather not edit that

I could edit it 4 you

you do not have to be logged in, i added mine without being logged in

oh. well i was just about to ask if this thread was going to happen, but you know, here it is. hopefully this one will live on longer.

i'm eager to see what sort of trainwreck this could possibly turn into

It begins.

The reason I resolved to open this thread is mostly because I woke up - an hour late - as this song played on the radio to fill the time between two programs. And the song was, well, good. Good, cool and I had no fucking idea who the hell it was by or what it was called until they said it was someone's latest single. Thankfully, they also said the title, because I don't think the title appears in the lyrics.

It was fate.

I remembered roughly 90 minutes later to key in 'waste hannah georgios' into Google, discovering as a result that that isn't how you spell Hannah Georgas' name. However, I found it.

Here you are.