The Anarchist of Music Thread: Still hungers for new submissions!

decent electronic ambience, like a good final fantasy song; but like a bad final fantasy song, i felt like it said everything it had to say in the first third and the rest was just kind of repeating that

its not electronic music unless it repeats itself to death

• Replies 831
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

belatedly;

from the one, the only, the fucc, the boi, the neck, the tie

this song is a fully chill antidote to penalty shootouts

Edited by Parrhesia

miss bunch submitted a song i've heard before

its music video is inaccurate because the clown of the year 2013 was kevin rudd for the miraculous one-day political honeymoon he brought

sounds like if garbage debuted in 2015 instead of the early 90s

i can't tell if her voice is tolerable or dragging the song down but i'm happy for the change of pace and the song was at least alright

great song from a pretty good album. it somehow manages to both bring you down and be unbelievably catchy at the same time. her lyrics are very unique and charming, the riff is energetic as fuck, and hell even the video's visuals are tight. i'm glad our very own general music thread introduced me to her last year.

Edited by fuccboi

I really enjoy this song. I first heard her on Saturday Night Live in May, and I've been obsessed ever since.

Now that I think about it, there's some other songs from this album that I like better, but it's good all the same. This is a song that defines her style.

Edited by Ms. Bunch

feel like talking about the rockers, quasi-effortpost style

courtney barnett: one of the few current rock musicians i'm a fan of. unabashed 60's/90's throwbackery but sometimes you don't have to work outside of rock fans' comfort zones to be fresh (you could argue that maintaining the comfort zone in which she operates is Her Point, if that's what you're into). she just hops from one witty observation to the next, making little slacker confessionals, because, who cares, man. dunno where she goes from here if all that's true. the bar? still, promising. she's a fun listen and she's found Her Voice. this charming song is the best introduction to her imo

mount eerie (aka phil elverum): one of the few current rock musicians i'm a fan of (2-for-2 holy shit gj threadm8s), tho it feels weird calling him "current" cuz he's been around so long. my #analysis is that anyone who likes his voice on this particular song, and difficult capital-A Albums in general, should check out his album the glow pt. 2 (there is no the glow pt. 1 what an inscrutable fellow). or just listen to the song "I Want Wind to Blow" if you want a taste. that one's p stripped down, but he also makes loud, crashing noise music like the wonderful ocean roar. it's a capital-D Difficult album; tbh i can only recommend it in good faith to people who are inclined to like heavy/noise music. caveats shmaveats, it's one of the few rock albums released this decade that i've been able to wrap my arms around and have an extramarital affair with.

i Enjoyed the glow pt. 2 but i keep it at a safe distance so it doesn't get too attached. i've seen mount eerie around and i can't say i've ever been super enthusiastic about it but the song was alright and if it has a dijon certified freshtmseal of quality then i'm game, one hundred double underline emoji

Edited by fuccboi

(I'll try to post here now more often now, if anyone cares)

disinnocence doesn't include timestamps when linking to a full album so i assume this one is yawning sky

Funnily enough, I was actually worried I had the wrong link, but I didn't bother to check it, and lo and behold it happened to be wrong. Sorry about that.

Anyway, I've always found the Clear Moon/Ocean Roar set of albums to be one of my favorite album pairings, because of the way they oppose while also complimenting each other. The way both albums bleed into their counterparts is also pretty cool, with Clear Moon sharing some of it's light, delicate ambient-rock (is that even a thing?) with Ocean Roar; while Ocean Roar will share some of it's harsh, noisey drone-rock (?) with Clear Moon. If you liked Yawning Sky (or the Giles Corey track from the Vicar of Music playlist, as both bands are somewhat similar in sound), I'd suggest that you go with Clear Moon first, as it's the first album in the set, and it's more similar to the actual song itself; then, if you enjoyed some of the more harsh parts of the album, move onto Ocean Roar. After that, I'd say, like Dijon said, the Glow Pt. 2 is a good place to move onto, or you could just explore the massive Mount Eerie/The Microphones discography for yourself. Go wild, dude.

Edited by Disinnocence

disinnocence

i'm right on the bleeding edge of really digging this, honestly. it reminds me of some of coldplay's viva la vida songs, which is an Entirely Good Thing. thank you, postman.

q u i c k s i l v e r

yep, that's dan. i can never say no to an electric guitar shredding for six minutes.

i'm right on the bleeding edge of really digging this, honestly. it reminds me of some of coldplay's viva la vida songs, which is an Entirely Good Thing. thank you, postman.

This, so much this.

It's close enough to be familiar, but different enough to be its own thing :3

Dream Theater, surprisingly enough, was one of my first musical loves, and pretty much the band that got me into exploring music, so hearing them on here is actually pretty cool. I'll be honest though, while their S/T album wasn't really my favorite by them (feels a bit uninspired in some parts), Enigma Machine, being their first proper instrumental since Stream of Consciousness is actually one of the more worthwhile tracks off the album. Only problem with the track is I've never liked how Mike Mangini's drums sound. He's a cool drummer and all, it's just that he sounds too mechanical for me sometimes.

Also, glad to see people enjoyed Yawning Sky. I appreciate ya.

Edited by Disinnocence

Dream Theater, surprisingly enough, was one of my first musical loves, and pretty much the band that got me into exploring music, so hearing them on here is actually pretty cool. I'll be honest though, while their S/T album wasn't really my favorite by them (feels a bit uninspired in some parts), Enigma Machine, being their first proper instrumental since Stream of Consciousness is actually one of the more worthwhile tracks off the album. Only problem with the track is I've never liked how Mike Mangini's drums sound. He's a cool drummer and all, it's just that he sounds too mechanical for me sometimes.

Also, glad to see people enjoyed Yawning Sky. I appreciate ya.

personally, i dig a lot more of their older stuff (anything before portnoy left, i wonder if that may be a coincidence!) like a change of seasons and all of metropolis part ii

off of their s/t album, i thought illumination theory was pretty good, specifically the section from like 12:15 to 15:00 or something.

dream theater's sound got a lot more aggressive in their more recent stuff, which is hilariously ironic because they were one of the big defining bands in prog metal, a genre that existed to take the aggressiveness out of guitar. i think a lot of their guitar work still sounds good, but the drumming has definitely declined after portnoy left

anonymously submitted by someone without the integrity to own up to it, this song was the first thing i played after a 45-minute phonecall to reset my internet, down for an hour and a half, following a factory reset of my router. fuck my life but it's a great song and i'm getting calmer but ahahhaa i have really bad phone anxiety and my hair is on end and possibly missing in large clumps

personally, i dig a lot more of their older stuff (anything before portnoy left, i wonder if that may be a coincidence!) like a change of seasons and all of metropolis part ii

off of their s/t album, i thought illumination theory was pretty good, specifically the section from like 12:15 to 15:00 or something.

dream theater's sound got a lot more aggressive in their more recent stuff, which is hilariously ironic because they were one of the big defining bands in prog metal, a genre that existed to take the aggressiveness out of guitar. i think a lot of their guitar work still sounds good, but the drumming has definitely declined after portnoy left

nerd

integrity

fun fact the copy of this song i have is on a bootleg album my dad got from russia in the 90s so my version is called seaweed

q u i c k s i l v e r

this song was pretty great, I enjoyed it a lot

anonymously submitted by someone without the integrity to own up to it, this song was the first thing i played after a 45-minute phonecall to reset my internet, down for an hour and a half, following a factory reset of my router. fuck my life but it's a great song and i'm getting calmer but ahahhaa i have really bad phone anxiety and my hair is on end and possibly missing in large clumps

i liked this one too

not sure if it was quite my thing but it was really pretty

never heard of the artist before ever but this song was pretty nice

maybe i'll look into them more later