Ruffina's Artsy Stuff

Limstella

Looks like the picture's fixed now.

I like the new picture, I've always been a fan of Minerva and Maria. The faceless style reminds me of these wooden carved dolls, that I'm not sure has an official name or not.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I too am looking forward to the sisters' portrait. It's a shame that the official Shadow Dragon don't really show much personality/conversations for Minerva/Maria. (They don't even have Support Conversations in that game.)

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/1/2017 at 6:48 PM, Rezzy said:

Looks like the picture's fixed now.

I like the new picture, I've always been a fan of Minerva and Maria. The faceless style reminds me of these wooden carved dolls, that I'm not sure has an official name or not.

(kind of unfixed it by playing with privacy settings ;o; will fix over weekend~) I sometimes find myself liking the facless style more :P Maybe its just the simplicty of it? I dunno ;p

On 1/13/2017 at 4:54 AM, henrymidfields said:

I too am looking forward to the sisters' portrait. It's a shame that the official Shadow Dragon don't really show much personality/conversations for Minerva/Maria. (They don't even have Support Conversations in that game.)

Thank you :D I know, I'd love to see their interactions expanded upon, besides some New mystery of the emblem backstory with Michalis and Minerva I'd like to see their interactions expanded upon. Sadly I don't think we'll be seeing a remake or anything like that anytime soon of these games. 

Anyways~ I needed to finish something so I did a quick portrait of Farina (with a process gif!) IT is missing a couple last retouching steps :P

Spoiler

icon2_zpseio2mgqz.jpg?t=1485295945

ezgif.com-gif-maker (40).gif

Basically I make a finalized sketch, add colors, blend it with the sketch and paint over that~

Edited by Limstella

Great, I love the FE7 Peg Sisters!  Although you can probably tell that from Fiora in my sig.  I need to get around to finishing that...

I forget if I said it already, but the faceless style reminds me of those faceless dolls.  Amish girls commonly play with them.

I'm going to have to do a drawing of Est and/or Leo in honor of Echoes coming release.  I know nothing about Gaiden Leo, but I hope he is worthy of the name Leo.

Oh wow, what a very painterly style. As someone who has kind of always struggled with painting/shading a bit I can respect that big time. 

That Farina is nice =v= the shading on the armor looks really good.

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/24/2017 at 9:30 PM, Rezzy said:

Great, I love the FE7 Peg Sisters!  Although you can probably tell that from Fiora in my sig.  I need to get around to finishing that...

I forget if I said it already, but the faceless style reminds me of those faceless dolls.  Amish girls commonly play with them.

I'm going to have to do a drawing of Est and/or Leo in honor of Echoes coming release.  I know nothing about Gaiden Leo, but I hope he is worthy of the name Leo.

Hehe, I'd love to do some early gaiden art, but the designs are so inconsistent and dated I don't think I can do it XD 

On 1/28/2017 at 10:39 AM, BANRYU said:

Oh wow, what a very painterly style. As someone who has kind of always struggled with painting/shading a bit I can respect that big time. 

That Farina is nice =v= the shading on the armor looks really good.

Thank you! I think cel shading art is amazing too, I just can't make myself do all those individual lines and shade just so, to make it look as nice as everyone makes it look :p Plus, I like being able to just repaint sections instead of relining, and re shading/coloring xP. 

Anyway, here's some original pic I've been working on for a while, 

Spoiler

pover_by_grandmastermorgan-day4wdq.png

Anyways, I should probably put some scribbles or doodles here to keep it alive longer haha~

Edited by Limstella
additional thoughts

• 2 weeks later...

Who's on top?

Nice Tiki, I've got Baby Tiki on my current Fire Emblem Heroes team.

I've got a bit of a mini vacation in March, so that will probably be my next chance to do some drawing.