Shin Megami Tensei Mafia The Second- Day 3

Bluedoom

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

##Unvote

So, this is not really personal or anything... I just feel that you're acting strange. Sorry :(

##Unvote: Fly Amanita

##Vote: Brexit

Could you elaborate on that? I see nothing strange about his 2? content posts, only his blending in the background (which isn't as egregious as some other players) (like me lol).

##Vote: Sharp

I just realised that I counted the time left in my last post. You guys only have about 13 hours left until phase end, but I can offer a phase extension of 24 hours.

We definitely need an extension. We are not going to get a lynch as things are.

I can't believe it's this close to deadline and we just have the equivalent of ED1 content. It's so disappointing to see that this is happening in SF. But it's up to us to change it. And I sure hope it does, because I signed up to play a real mafia game, not this.

@Best Girl: Do you think that feeling that something is not right is not a proper scumtell? What do you think is scummy about it?

I don't like read lists much but at this point they are pretty much necessary.

- Azure Blood: I think you should be more clear when explaining your ideas, as it is hard to follow your logic sometimes. Overall the way he expresses aggression and pushes cutiefly is townie, and I can see his logic.

- Bast: Why are you keeping your vote on Brexit (RVS)? You said you didn't like Azure. Overall null leaning scum, as he didn't bother doing anything with his vote.

- Best Girl: Her only content post only votes Sharp on not being able to tell what Sharp was thinking. Which I don't like considering how recent the post is, and how she doesn't bother commenting on anything else. It looks like something scum would do to go unnoticed while not being inactive. Scum.

- Bolt: I don't like his sudden disappearance, he posted his RVS vote quite early and then poofed away. Null leaning scum.

- Brexit: Null, as the lack of content seems to derive from being busy IRL and even then it's way better than most other people's. I hope we get a replacement for him soon. Whoever you are, just know that you were my favorite alias by far.

- cutiefly: Why aren't you voting? Seems to be quite active for this game's standards but I don't see where she's getting at, and a lot of the commenting seems pointless. Who do you want lynched? Null leaning scum.

- Fly Amanita: Similar to Bolt, but I almost forgot that he existed. Null because I get a better feeling about him than about Bolt for some reason.

- Hiiro: Not very active, but the reasoning on cutiefly seems well thought out so not bothered by him. Null.

- Santa: He has content but not that much, so no idea. Null.

- Sharp: I don't think scum would apologize for voting someone on something that can be perceived as a weak vote (feeling that someone is acting weird). Tone reads honest as well. Null leaning town.

- Tether: Let's get a replacement for him please. Null.

- Tetsuo: Another person who has thoughts but does not place a vote. Who would you vote, and why? Content is good and it pushed the game forward, but now they've disappeared. Overall null, as there are things I like and things I dislike of their play.

- Upbeat: I confronted him and his responses were good. Probably the person who has done the most this game, too. Null leaning town as he is probably a townie trying to get the game going in the right direction, but I have seen scum act like that before so I don’t want to give him a free pass.

- YHVH: Just like Bolt and Fly Amanita. Null, as Bolt still seems worse to me (not by much).

On terms of scuminess: Best Girl > Bast = Cutiefly > Bolt > Fly Amanita = YHVH > Tether = Santa = Brexit > Hiiro = Tetsuo > Upbeat > Sharp > Azure Blood

##Unvote
##Vote: Cutiefly

This will probably be useless as we need 4 votes more to hammer, but still worth a try.

I agree with Big C, we need the extension.

And sorry to hear that, Brexit! Hope everything's okay! (I will not change my vote, though)

I think that I explained my vote well!.

Maybe you think I didn't elaborate on him, right?

If that's so, well this is what I think.

Vrexit only posted short, very brief and slightly aggressive. And that was the weird part, I it wasn't really attacking by himself, but rather, "backsitting voting" (I'm not sure how to call it, apologies in advance) kinda like being behind someone else's engage, without having to explain much. Not sure if I explained myself, but I hope this is good enough for you :)

Fudge, sorry, I've been busy and lost track of the game. Extension, yes please.

First off,

##Unvote: Brexit

Had kinda been hoping that keeping vote pressure on them might get them to do something but if they're looking for a sub already, that's clearly not going to help.

Next. I never said I don't like Azure. I said I thought their vote felt a little off, but I didn't think it was strong enough of a feel to require a vote, especially when they were responding and giving fairly valid thoughts beyond that. Now, gimme a bit of time to read through the rest of stuff though I will say if you think Best Girl is the most scummy, voting Cutiefly is a bit eh especially when you already said we need an extension and don't think we'd get the required votes on Cutie.

(Sorry about that, there's another game going on)

##Unvote:

##Vote: Cutiefly

They might just be a really active townie, but Cutie's been oddly aggressive. (Such as Bast's flavor text, the defense from Azure's vote, and B-Cup's RPing)

The lack of voting is also a little strange, considering how active they were. (Waiting for a bandwagon to start?)

I also support an extension.

##Unvote
##Vote: Best Girl

The extension is appreciated but we shouldn't relax. People should state lynch priorities. The people I am ok with lynching are Best Girl > Bast = Cutiefly > Bolt. Nobody else unless something changes.

if you think Best Girl is the most scummy, voting Cutiefly is a bit eh especially when you already said we need an extension and don't think we'd get the required votes on Cutie.

Voting Best Girl would have accomplished nothing without a phase extension. Instead, voting Cutiefly (who I also suspect) could have lead to a lynch. Very unlikely, but even if there is just a small chance of things going well, I will take it.

Had kinda been hoping that keeping vote pressure on them might get them to do something but if they're looking for a sub already, that's clearly not going to help.

Since when was your RVS vote on Brexit a vote to pressure him? Don't answer until you're done reading and giving opinions on the game, since that is much more important now. I can wait.

I am the Town Motivator, and I allow my target to use their ability twice.

I haven't voted because I thought that I had an active vote on YHVH, but I'm glad that they posted.

At this point, I cannot make accurate assumptions of alignment, but Bolt's flaking is really suspicious to me. Brexit at least subbed out.

##Vote: Bolt

I haven't voted because I thought that I had an active vote on YHVH, but I'm glad that they posted.

At this point, I cannot make accurate assumptions of alignment, but Bolt's flaking is really suspicious to me. Brexit at least subbed out.

Pardon me for the slight confusion but I could use some clarification. You thought you had a vote on YHVH, what was your thought process behind the vote you had there. Obviously we could not see it but even if it's in your own thoughts there must have been reason for it. Assuming Brexit hadn't subbed out would you be voting them over Bolt? I don't necessarily feel that you shouldn't vote someone just because they are subbing out. Did you feel they were scum before they chose to sub out? I honestly don't like your choice of votes, it looks as if you are only voting for people who haven't yet graced us with a whole lot of time.

There has honestly been a lot of people who haven't been around and it's been killing discussion. If we have a lack of active people then we should send someone to get their attention and bring them back or get someone to stand in their place for them. However with a lot of active people we need our active people actively discussing and trying to gain us information, not voting people who aren't here and aren't responding. This stifles discussion and is unable to further our needs to hunt those among us who mean us harm.

As for the claim itself, it feels town but I'd prefer to not unvote until questions have been answered favorably.

So from what I understand, the case against Best Girl is that her only content so far is to simply reject Sharp's justification for voting Brexit and vote Sharp herself. In her words:

##Unvote

Could you elaborate on that? I see nothing strange about his 2? content posts, only his blending in the background (which isn't as egregious as some other players) (like me lol).

She claims there's nothing strange about his "2? content posts", and the only thing to note is his blending in, which she says was done more egregiously by other players, including herself. (Strange digression, I think.)
So let's look at Brexit's content, then.

##Unvote

The game's moving along, it's not RVS anymore and there are non-RVS reasons to vote Fly Amanita right now. Is this even a serious vote?

Maybe "reason" would have been a better word, but if you felt their RVS post saying "useless RVS is useless" to be especially useless or if you agree with Sharp's vote on them, those are non-RVS reasons to vote Fly Amanita. At the very least, because of Sharp's vote, there was something.

So he votes Sharp because he placed a RVS vote on Fly that Brexit claims could have been placed for serious reasons, but when asked for those reasons, his response is "Maybe 'reason' would have been better" but points to feeling Fly's RVS post to be "particularly useless" and....agreeing with Sharp's vote? And that because of Sharp's vote, there's something?
Voting Sharp and criticizing him for choosing RVS reasons over real reasons to vote Fly, then using that exact vote as one of said reasons? That looks very weird to me.
I would be comfortable with voting either of them. Not satisfied by cutiefly yet, however.

That was fast, worried about your chances?

Oh, interesting. I had a RVS vote on YHVH, btw, you know. I'll second Hiiro, what reasons came to mind when you thought that was your vote?

Bolt's flaking? Why Bolt over Tether, who's only posted to confirm so far?

There has honestly been a lot of people who haven't been around and it's been killing discussion. If we have a lack of active people then we should send someone to get their attention and bring them back or get someone to stand in their place for them. However with a lot of active people we need our active people actively discussing and trying to gain us information, not voting people who aren't here and aren't responding. This stifles discussion and is unable to further our needs to hunt those among us who mean us harm.

So discussion is being hurt by a lot of people not being around, but voting those missing is bad because we have enough people active to get discussion from? And that is stifling discussion? Is it the absence of people or focus on those people?

@Hiiro and Azure, cutiefly talks about YMHV here:

The one inactive who needs a ton of pressure is YHVH. They posted an RVS vote and then proceeded to probably sit back and watch. Lurking isn't always a scummy idea, but it tends to be one.

I'm ok with cutiefly now; I agree with Hiiro that the claim feels townie and I have no reason to doubt that he thought he had voted, which was my main issue with him. Wouldn't lynch.