The Absolute Worst Fire Emblem Characters.

All of you are idiots. The worst unit is Vyland. His reclasses suck, his growths suck, his bases are so much worse than Cain's and Abel's, and he's one of SEVEN CHARACTERS IN THE SAME CLASS TREE UP TO THAT POINT! He also carries the heaviest weapon out of all 4 of the Wolfguard, which is best being traded away to Hardin for WR bonus.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

All of you are idiots. The worst unit is Vyland. His reclasses suck, his growths suck, his bases are so much worse than Cain's and Abel's, and he's one of SEVEN CHARACTERS IN THE SAME CLASS TREE UP TO THAT POINT! He also carries the heaviest weapon out of all 4 of the Wolfguard, which is best being traded away to Hardin for WR bonus.

Haven't played Shadow dragon.

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. Training Wendy is easy, if you're willing to turtle. Just set up a Triangle attack, rescue her to safety, rinse, repeat.

You could also boss abuse with the triangle attack, heck you can do it with Leygance (edit: NO because Leygance is a fucking General), considering you have enough Iron Lances.

You know, all this talk makes me want to use her.

Edited by CrystalPoke

As usual, you have no idea what you're talking about. Training Wendy is easy, if you're willing to turtle. Just set up a Triangle attack, rescue her to safety, rinse, repeat.

Yeah, because people are totally going to blow two more deployment slots on armors, AND have all three of them get in position around the same enemy... Even for someone who'd be willing to turtle like me, that's asking way too much. And if I have to go that far just to train her, that's no bueno.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Yeah, because people are totally going to blow two more deployment slots on armors, AND have all three of them get in position around the same enemy... Even for someone who'd be willing to turtle like me, that's asking way too much.

If you're not a good enough tactician to set it up, that's your problem, not Wendy's.

You could also boss abuse with the triangle attack, heck you can do it with Leygance (edit: NO because Leygance is a fucking General)

I've done it before, you need 10 strength + Steel Lance to damage him. So it's feasibility depends on how much of the map you feed to her and how lucky you get with strength procs.

I kind of skimmed through the video and yeah a lot of these characters did suck. Marcus and Nino were both awful, like really bad. However Athos wasn't weak and neither is Maria. I've actually made Maria into one of my main characters several times, she is really good as a Pegasus Knight/Wyvern Knight. Both Wrys and Lena have potential to be good characters. I forgot about Sophia . . . probably because she's always dieing! Nasir is good and Gareth is a good decoy.

If you're not a good enough tactician to set it up, that's your problem, not Wendy's.

I've done it before, you need 10 strength + Steel Lance to damage him. So it's feasibility depends on how much of the map you feed to her and how lucky you get with strength procs.

Whether or not I'm a good enough tactician to set it up doesn't mean jack.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Whilst still a strong contender for the worst unit there is, training her through turtling is relatively easy; that's an incontestable claim on most units in FE in general. Just browse through the plethora of Gamefaqs guides on FE6 to find living proof of such.

RsSbqJD.png?1

It's all pretty hilarious to read with the benefit of hindsight, but she wouldn't have been so highly valued if she truly was as excruciatingly difficult to raise as many like to declaim.

but she wouldn't have been so highly valued if she truly was as excruciatingly difficult to raise as many like to declaim.

That's not actually true; Sophia has a similar score despite being harder to train. The thing with old GameFAQs guide is that they take 20/20 average stats and ignore everything else.

That's not actually true; Sophia has a similar score despite being harder to train. The thing with old GameFAQs guide is that they take 20/20 average stats and ignore everything else.

yup i remember that era

its hilarious looking at that stuff now and claiming that Marcus and Seth are awful characters.

I kind of skimmed through the video and yeah a lot of these characters did suck. Marcus and Nino were both awful, like really bad. However Athos wasn't weak and neither is Maria. I've actually made Maria into one of my main characters several times, she is really good as a Pegasus Knight/Wyvern Knight. Both Wrys and Lena have potential to be good characters. I forgot about Sophia . . . probably because she's always dieing! Nasir is good and Gareth is a good decoy.

He never said that Athos or Nasir was bad.

I'd replace worst by useless:

But here we go:

FE4: Arden

FE5: Shanam

FE6: any knight and locked axe user except for Lot till chapter 8

FE8: If Lagdou and Valni didn't exist, then all the trainees and Marisa.

FE9: none

FE10: Fiona

FE11: about 50% of the cast

FE12: ^

FE13: Ricken

Conquest: Odin

Birthright: none

Revelations: Odin, Elise (because Sakura is a better healer and has better promotion gains)

Edited by Ayama Wirdo

If you like using her, that is fine. But that doesn't mean that she is worth using. If I have to deploy 3 armor knights in order to set up a Triangle attack, then I think she isn't really worth using since I have to go through that process just to feed her kills

If you like using her, that is fine. But that doesn't mean that she is worth using. If I have to deploy 3 armor knights in order to set up a Triangle attack, then I think she isn't really worth using since I have to go through that process just to feed her kills

Exactly - if I have to go that far as to make her look trainable, that only highlights that the effort needed to train her is just plain absurd. Even Donnel doesn't require me to deploy two more bad units to make him look trainable.

Honestly arguing either Wendy or Sophia as not being too much of a pain is just incorrect.

They're in a game where enemies have stats, join with horrid bases, and can barely hit anything at all (Sophia especially).

I tried using Sophia on normal, once. It was way more trouble than it was worth. I can't even imagine how hellish she'd be on Hard.

I kind of skimmed through the video and yeah a lot of these characters did suck. Marcus and Nino were both awful, like really bad. However Athos wasn't weak and neither is Maria...

Yeah, at least you can have Maria spam staves to gain EXP. Actually, I had her and Lena bait long distance tomes in some chapters (never reclassed her) and their high Res carried everyone safely across.

Also, let's not forget that there are actually formal turn limits on certain chapters in Binding Blade (and there are also many informal ones as well in the form of raided villages), so you can't just turtle every chapter either. Which basically makes FE6 Quasi-Horse Emblem. Armor knights in general, and Wendy in particular is really bad, because of her low level at join time, and the class's low accuracy against a very-much avoid-hit oriented game. Dishonorable mentions goes to all axe-locked units in the same game, as they don't have the skill bases or growths to beef up accuracy. (Of course, this excludes promoted Paladins and Heros which have generally decent to above-average Skill stats - this is why I used Alan, Lance, and Dieck as my axe users.)

Edited by henrymidfields

I'm surprised not to see a mention of Fiona, considering she has next to no Chapters to actually train in to become even halfway competant before the game becomes too hard to even attempt to use her at all.

I'm surprised not to see a mention of Fiona, considering she has next to no Chapters to actually train in to become even halfway competant before the game becomes too hard to even attempt to use her at all.

i wanna say that Fiona is an amazing unit, in theory and on paper.

in actual practice she's nigh un useable.

I think Lyre is worse than Fiona.

At least Fiona can get A) forges B) Javelins for when she improves. C) Has Canto.

+Fiona is so pretty @_@

Lyre is better than Fiona. Lyre actually has chapters to use her in. 3-7, Fiona can't hurt anything really, and if you put a Steel Lance on her, she's doubled and then pretty much dies immediately. 1-8 and 1-9 Fiona isn't there, and in 3-E, she can't climb up the side of the cliffs so she has to roam around, and gets -2 movement for being inside, so she can't move faster than anyone else. By this point, all of your units either have B supports or A while Fiona is rocking a C at most. In comparison to other units that have C rank and below supports, Fiona is trash in comparison. Rafiel? Naliah? The Black Knight? I mean really. Part 3 is even worse

3-6, Fiona can't advance anywhere in the water, 3-12 she can't fight because of the same problems from before, and unless you jammed a ton of BEXP into her, she's going to be massively underleveled, and 3-13? She's not hot there because she barely leveled. After this point, it's end game. She starts out as an unpromoted level 9, and is expected to gain like 20 levels in 5 chapters in a group of characters that are already starved for EXP.

Lyre at least can get some use with a single energy drop, as transformed it gives her the equivalent to 4 extra strength, and more pressingly, there's actual time to use her and level her up. Fiona I'd honestly say is the worst unit in this game and is even less usable than Wendy. Because at least when you get Wendy up to steam, she's... Just not worth it. Getting Fiona up to steam is impossible without BEXP abuse, or completely dedicating literally your entire game to using her? Fiona needed to be like --/10 when you got her with the average stats she has to actually be "worth your time." Her bases are simply too bad and outclassed to bother with.

But yes, Fiona is pretty cute.