Moulder!

DeSu

Outright flaming is NOT good, Sandman, even if you believe they deserve it.

On L'Arachel, I don't see what makes her a bad unit other than being worse than two others. She comes halfway through the game, has pretty good bases and growths, and great supports. Her level hardly means anything because she draws from her own experience pool, so raising her isn't a problem.

She's a mediocre unit for this reason:

Units must be judged based on how they compare. ESPECIALLY in Sacred Stones, the game where using the worst characters in the game will net you a team easily capable of beating the game.

She falls pretty much smackdab in the middle of the usefullness chart. There are units who are better, and units that are worse.

• Replies 210
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's a mediocre unit for this reason:

Units must be judged based on how they compare. ESPECIALLY in Sacred Stones, the game where using the worst characters in the game will net you a team easily capable of beating the game.

She falls pretty much smackdab in the middle of the usefullness chart. There are units who are better, and units that are worse.

Okay, so why is everyone else calling her a bad unit? Am I misinterpreting things?

And the bolded part...You said pretty much the exact opposite when talking about Astrid.

Okay, so why is everyone else calling her a bad unit? Am I misinterpreting things?

And the bolded part...You said pretty much the exact opposite when talking about Astrid.

Huh?

Astrid is GOOD compared to many of the units in PoR. The other PALADINS might be better, but she's still in the upper half of units. That's what I said. Astrid is worse than some of the best units in the game, but she is still better than most of the other units in the game.

L'Arachel is more in the middle.

And I call her a mediocre unit. Other people call her a bad unit. It's all really semantics. "Bad" unit tends to draw more response, which should mean more argument, more debating, more fun, etc. They're just things we say. :D

Some people are going to get some violent PMs here in a little bit.

This should be fun. I feel like blasting people new orifices tonight, I'm in such a good mood.

The bottom line is this: I have countered with arguments. I have played by your rules, and all it got me was retreaded, tired arguments that conveniently ignore everything I posted. So as long as we're already ignoring each other's valid points, I'm going to flame you for being a dense, undesirable person. If me breathing down your neck doesn't cause you a shred of pain at your own miserable state, I'm sorry you can't realize your own shortcomings in order to progress as a human being.

It's called tough love.

This should be fun. I feel like blasting people new orifices tonight, I'm in such a good mood.

The bottom line is this: I have countered with arguments. I have played by your rules, and all it got me was retreaded, tired arguments that conveniently ignore everything I posted. So as long as we're already ignoring each other's valid points, I'm going to flame you for being a dense, undesirable person. If me breathing down your neck doesn't cause you a shred of pain at your own miserable state, I'm sorry you can't realize your own shortcomings in order to progress as a human being.

It's called tough love.

I consider that first line a threat. Stop threatening people and stop flaming them now.

If people are stupid dicks, I'm going to call them a stupid dick. If they are unlikable cunts, I'm going to call them unlikable cunts.

If you don't want people calling you names, don't live up to the name they're calling you. It's a pretty simple concept. People can call me an unlikable asshole all they want and I won't get offended, because I realize it's the truth.

I'm going to go a step further and say you're a stupid dick. You're telling people who otherwise enjoy a perfectly acceptable unit that she's not worth using ever. You don't have to say something in those words for it to be implied by your arguments. I realize I'm as guilty as this as anyone, which is why I no longer say "THIS UNIT SUCKS BAWWWWWWWWWWW", but simply that I prefer others because I think they have downsides that don't fit in to my ideals of both functionality and fun.

If you don't think you're a stupid dick, then you better back it up with something because I've got reason to believe that you are, in fact, a stupid dick.

I don't care what you think of me, I've dealt with people who are far worse than you.

I never said to never use her either. I'm trying to simply debate that she's not a good unit, notably compared to others, i.e. a debate. I'm even being casual and not bringing in a lot of numbers or specifics. I've used her plenty of times, I've used Nino, I've used Dozla. I simply enjoy debating.

However, you seem to enjoy arguing and insulting people for no reason at all aside from the fact that they disagree with you and actually have evidence, while you typically have none.

Edited by ZephyrShakuraus

Go pick on me again please, since you love ignoring my arguments all the same.

The problem with L'Arachel is the following: she joins in Ch11 (pretty much the end of it), seven levels away from minimum promotion, with a "attack me I cannot counter" sticker on her forehead, and no concrete durability whatsoever. She levels up slowly due to only being able to heal once on player phase. When she hits L10, she has the choice to promote to a mediocre attacker/healer, or continue to healspam some more. Without turn abuse anywhere, I daresay L'Arachel is not hitting L20 until the middle of Ch16, if that, while being deadweight until that point.

Sure, if she can catch up somehow, she's good. But since she naturally gains less EXP than others despite being terribly undeleveled, she's not.

It's called tough love.

You counter our arguments by saying that our arguments are stupid... What would you like us to do then? Leave and never come back? Never back up our points with evidence? Just say "I like X" without stating a reason? Never doubt or argue anything?

Your arguments have all been countered. Multiple times. I'm sorry if you think that that's just ignoring your argument, 'cause it ain't.

But please sir, I'm sure we'd all like some more. Go ahead and tell us all how much we suck. I'd love to have you threaten us. Put me in my place! I shouldn't have a different opinion then someone as intellectually superior as you!

Honestly, what do you want us to do?