How important is 1 or 2+ in a specific stat?

Tias

At what point does a stat make a difference?

(I keep updating the Original post so people don't have to read through all of the stuff I write in the thread)

Recap:

• MU has +spd / -mag
  • That's +1 to lck & spd in support bonus
  • MU is Swordmaster
  • That means he should give her a total of +6 spd & +4 lck
  • Skills:
  • Luna
  • Astra
  • Dragon Fang
  • Pavise
  • Aegis ( Pavise and Aegis could be changed to Sol and aether or lethality since Selkie already had plenty of spd and breaker skills which in itself is defensive?)

Setsuna!Selkie has:

• HP 42,5 / str 35 / mag 7,5 / skl 47,5 / spd 77,5 / lck 55 / def 22,5 / res 65
  • Skills:
  • Nohrian Trust (from my castle)
  • SwordBreaker
  • AxeBreaker
  • LanceBreaker
  • BowBreaker

With MU pair up she'd have 83,5 spd & 59 lck and with BOTH battle & visitation seal she'd have a total stat count of HP 42,5 / str 37 / mag 9,5 / skl 49,5 / spd 85,5 / lck 61 / def 24,5 / res 67

Hana!Selkie has:

• HP 40 / str 52,5 / mag 12,5 / skl 55 / spd 75 / lck 52,5 / def 25 / res 60
  • Skills:
  • SwordBreaker
  • AxeBreaker
  • LanceBreaker
  • BowBreaker

With MU pair up she'd have 81 spd & 56,5 lck and with BOTH battle and visitation seal she'd have a total stat count of HP 40 / str 54,5 / mag 14,5 / skl 57 / spd 83 / lck 58,5 / def 27 / res 62

So unless the inheritance planner website shows max stats without weapons, then that means we can still give her a BEATSTONE+, which would give her 8+ skl & 6+ spd.
Ultimatly bringing it up to 91,5 spd as Setsuna!Selkie vs 89 spd as Hana!Selkie

So regardless of which mother I take she will obviously be a godly dodge tank that people can't touch. However i am here to find out if that 2,5 in spd & lck is that much better and more important than the 17,5 str & 7,5 skl.
I feel like that she's already at such high spd stat that it'd be okey to sacrifice a lil spd and luck for a good chunk more str and skill that directly translates into much more dmg, but I don't have 2 save files with the respective stats to find out just how big a difference the spd & lck stats make. I mean if it'd be something like 1 % less chance to get hit then I'd say it's obviously going to be better to go for more dmg but if its something like 5% less chance to be hit then I'd go for the spd & lck.

EDIT: Well seem like I fucked up big time and there was a misunderstanding. I thought that the double digit numbers shown in the inheritance planner were stat caps, turns out they were stat growth %.

Edited by Tias

Not much. Tonics and meals make +1 anything a bit pointless to fret over. + 1 speed is about the only one that really makes a difference if the character has borderline speeds. Other than that, it's pretty pointless.

Not much. Tonics and meals make +1 anything a bit pointless to fret over. + 1 speed is about the only one that really makes a difference if the character has borderline speeds. Other than that, it's pretty pointless.
Edited the post in order to make it easier for people to see what I'm writing about.

Bump:

Wanna know if it's worth it to restart on revelations or not for the above mentioned reasons. If not I'll just continue with my current save =o

MODEDIT: don't bump after like an hour dude come on

Double edit: I'm so impatient tho =(

Edited by Tias

You should be fine with Setsuna!Selkie. Hana goes really well with Takumi or Lazlow. I'd recommend giving Azura to the one who doesn't get Hana. Mozu also works well with Takumi. Your Setsuna!Selkie specializes in making you opponent super mad in PvP. She is the true reliable dodge-tank in Fates. (I run it myself! :D)

You should be fine with Setsuna!Selkie. Hana goes really well with Takumi or Lazlow. I'd recommend giving Azura to the one who doesn't get Hana. Mozu also works well with Takumi. Your Setsuna!Selkie specializes in making you opponent super mad in PvP. She is the true reliable dodge-tank in Fates. (I run it myself! :D)

Well the reason why I made this thread is to find out exactly how much more those 2-3+ stats are worth.

Lets recap!

• MU has +spd / -mag
  • That's +1 to lck & spd in support bonus
  • MU is Swordmaster
  • That means he should give her a total of +6 spd & +4 lck
  • Skills:
  • Luna
  • Astra
  • Dragon Fang
  • Pavise
  • Aegis ( Pavise and Aegis could be changed to Sol and aether or lethality since Selkie already had plenty of spd and breaker skills which in itself is defensive?)

Setsuna!Selkie has:

• HP 42,5 / str 35 / mag 7,5 / skl 47,5 / spd 77,5 / lck 55 / def 22,5 / res 65
  • Skills:
  • SwordBreaker
  • AxeBreaker
  • LanceBreaker
  • BowBreaker

With MU pair up she'd have 83,5 spd & 59 lck and with BOTH battle & visitation seal she'd have a total stat count of HP 42,5 / str 37 / mag 9,5 / skl 49,5 / spd 85,5 / lck 61 / def 24,5 / res 67

Hana!Selkie has:

• HP 40 / str 52,5 / mag 12,5 / skl 55 / spd 75 / lck 52,5 / def 25 / res 60
  • Skills:
  • SwordBreaker
  • AxeBreaker
  • LanceBreaker
  • BowBreaker

With MU pair up she'd have 81 spd & 56,5 lck and with BOTH battle and visitation seal she'd have a total stat count of HP 40 / str 54,5 / mag 14,5 / skl 57 / spd 83 / lck 58,5 / def 27 / res 62

So regardless of which mother I take she will obviously be a godly dodge tank that people can't touch as she'd have 80+ in spd. However i am here to find out if that 2,5 in spd & lck is that much better and more important than the 17,5 str & 7,5 skl.

I feel like that she's already at such high spd stat that it'd be okey to sacrifice a lil spd and luck for a good chunk more str and skill that directly translates into much more dmg, but I don't have 2 save files with the respective stats to find out just how big a difference the spd & lck stats make. I mean if it'd be something like 1 % less chance to get hit then I'd say it's obviously going to be better to go for more dmg but if its something like 5% less chance to be hit then I'd go for the spd & lck.

EDIT:

Holy shit, question, does the inheritence planner site also take into consideration the weapons you give your units?

If not then I forgot to take into consideration the BEATSTONE+ weapon which gives selkie another 8+ skl & 6+spd, that means her total spd could get all the way up to 91,5 spd as setsuna!Selkie vs 89 spd. On top of that the weapon also gives her 10+ to dodge.

Edited by Tias

In terms of maxed-out stat caps a difference of a point or two here and there probably doesn't matter. Caps only matter a lot when they're bad or when you're trying to stack for a very high value in a specific stat (e.g. if you want a Speed character who will double anybody in MP). Especially when looking at offensive stats, with procs and crits and such being what they are a point or two of Strength or Defense probably isn't changing outcomes a ton against other maxed-out units, unless you're a Def-stacked Kana or somesuch.

That said +1/+2 to a stat can make a lot of difference in-game. Tonics are huge in Conquest for example and I get the sense certain maps are assuming you're clever enough to use them as there's a few instances where a tonic on Camilla or Xander completely changes how they perform (e.g. a Magic Tonic on 10 turning Camilla's tome from a questionable EP weapon to a ORKO machine, or Strength/Speed/Defense Tonics on Xander generally).

In the case of a hypothetical Fates Apotheosis map, you'd just dump one of every tonic and a meal on everybody anyway, so 1-2 stat points will be barely noticeable unless the map has some really anal breakpoints for stuff like doubling or tanking damage.

In terms of maxed-out stat caps a difference of a point or two here and there probably doesn't matter. Caps only matter a lot when they're bad or when you're trying to stack for a very high value in a specific stat (e.g. if you want a Speed character who will double anybody in MP). Especially when looking at offensive stats, with procs and crits and such being what they are a point or two of Strength or Defense probably isn't changing outcomes a ton against other maxed-out units, unless you're a Def-stacked Kana or somesuch.

That said +1/+2 to a stat can make a lot of difference in-game. Tonics are huge in Conquest for example and I get the sense certain maps are assuming you're clever enough to use them as there's a few instances where a tonic on Camilla or Xander completely changes how they perform (e.g. a Magic Tonic on 10 turning Camilla's tome from a questionable EP weapon to a ORKO machine, or Strength/Speed/Defense Tonics on Xander generally).

In the case of a hypothetical Fates Apotheosis map, you'd just dump one of every tonic and a meal on everybody anyway, so 1-2 stat points will be barely noticeable unless the map has some really anal breakpoints for stuff like doubling or tanking damage.

Not exactly sure what MP stands for.

But for both in-game purposes (something like apotheosis) AND pvp I take it you're basically saying those 2,5 in spd & luck aren't worth it compared to the 17,5 str & 7,5 skl , especially considering Selkie's spd stat would already be 80+. I don't think there is going to be ANY character that is not hacked who could double down on her or using another super gimicky set-up.

Also, how much hit% would other opponents have in pvp anyway? Considering there would be a lot of other people who have min/maxed certain stats I'm wondering if they'd have enough hit % to reliably hit a dodge tank selkie with such high spd stat. Don't forget she also has 4 breaker skills. Won't remove the Nohrian trust skill otherwise her dmg would be crippled a lot. If I had to remove it I'd definitely have to go with Hana!Selkie to raise the dmg output so she actually makes a dent on attackers.

EDIT: I edited the post above and the original post. I forgot to also take into consideration the stat bonus selkies beaststone+ gives her, which is another 6+ in spd. We're basically up at 90 spd or so.

Edited by Tias

The inheritance planner shows growths like that Growth(mod), not the max stats. You mixed everything and i have no idea how you manage to not see it...

11akei9.jpg

So when it says 77,5 spd, you're saying it's referring to growth % and not the actual maximum stat cap? So the stat caps would be the numbers in green and red? Would it have killed them to make it easier to identify? Just ad a % in there so it wouldn't confuse people.

Urgh, fuck me. I guess seeing people with really high stats in online battles without realizing they were hacked must have screwed with my perception of the stat cap.

Edited by Tias

11akei9.jpg

So when it says 77,5 spd, you're saying it's referring to growth % and not the actual maximum stat cap? So the stat caps would be the numbers in green and red? Would it have killed them to make it easier to identify? Just ad a % in there so it wouldn't confuse people.

Urgh, fuck me. I guess seeing people with really high stats in online battles without realizing they were hacked must have screwed with my perception of the stat cap.

Actually, the numbers in green and red are the stat cap modifiers.

Well at least I'm learning more and more now =(

To go into detail: Modifiers are either added to or subtracted from the stat cap to get the unit's actual cap. E.G. Sniper has a 33 speed cap. Takumi has a -2 Speed modifier, so his speed cap as a Sniper is 31. That being said, it's possible to raise stat caps with statues.