Censorship Sucks

Everything said in this video made it no better for audiences out here to have the game as enjoyable as the Japanese version. Can't see men in shorts which $#%^*&^ Sucks.

What do you guys think on all of the changes described in the video? For me...I have to wait later to get the Japanese version.

Edited by PuffPuff

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My thoughts on all censorships is : as long as it doesn't take away a key gameplay element, its ok, they can make the girls wear eskimo suits for all i care. I mean, if i really wanted to see "anime boobs and butt" i'd go to a hentai site, not buy a game from a company that tries to be family friendly.

Well...either way. In two months from now I can get a Jap Wii-U system with the game. =]

Well...either way. In two months from now I can get a Jap Wii-U system with the game. =]

So why are you complaining? That's one way to bypass the censorship imposed on the game and if it makes you happy, good for you. The game has been terrific so far for me, with colorful characters and splendid gameplay, and the typical RPG elements of running around and doing errands also adds to the enjoyment. Being unable to see Tsubasa and Kiria in bikini or Itsuki and Touma in shorts does not detract any of the mentioned elements so I have no problems at all.

I honestly couldn't care less. The game is fun, the gameplay is entertaining - the changes that they made had 0 effect on me personally. I actually really really like the changes they made especially how they replaced Tsubasa appearing in a bikini for the photoshoot to more street and casual wear - those outfits are so so so cute I literally squealed when I saw it.

Censorship is only a big deal if that's the only thing about something you're going to focus on. I don't understand why people want to see boobs and ass in an Nintendo game so badly. You can use the "well, I'm tired of Nintendo treating us like we can't handle it" well my question to you is: why are you turning to an Nintendo game if those are the things you want to see????? There are sooooo many other mediums out there that will show plenty so why get riled up when one game doesn't have it? There's no shortage of it just because we didn't get some of the revealing stuff here in the west.

Edited by carefreejules

I'm just wondering why every "anti-censorship" video on Youtube is so obnoxious. And why they never comment on ACTUAL censorship like what's happening in China right now

So why are you complaining? That's one way to bypass the censorship imposed on the game and if it makes you happy, good for you. The game has been terrific so far for me, with colorful characters and splendid gameplay, and the typical RPG elements of running around and doing errands also adds to the enjoyment. Being unable to see Tsubasa and Kiria in bikini or Itsuki and Touma in shorts does not detract any of the mentioned elements so I have no problems at a

0cpZuS.jpg

kqklcW.jpg

Doesn't matter. Already ordered it anyway. Now to needing to get a Jap Wii-U at an affordable price. Did the same with Fates only because of wanting to play the game bad. They did do a nice job even on that game, but not Genbu. As the localization is terrible. Plus, no English subtitled voices either. :/ Plus can get the Jap Smash Wii-U to add more of my customed fighters in that couldn't make it to my English copy. Plus Uncensored Earthbound (Mother 2). YAY!

Edited by PuffPuff

0cpZuS.jpg

kqklcW.jpg

Doesn't matter. Already ordered it anyway. Now to needing to get a Jap Wii-U at an affordable price. Did the same with Fates only because of wanting to play the game bad. They did do a nice job even on that game, but not Genbu. As the localization is terrible. Plus, no English subtitled voices either. :/ Plus can get the Jap Smash Wii-U to add more of my customed fighters in that couldn't make it to my English copy. Plus Uncensored Earthbound (Mother 2). YAY!

'Doesn't matter'? You're making it seem like we're here trying to convince you not to get a Japanese imported Wii U because of how we feel about it.

Look, if you want the imported system, hey man it's your money so you do you, but at this point it doesn't even seem like you're trying to engage in discussion about the specifics of what was changed in THIS game anymore, since you're talking about other games now.

Edited by carefreejules

wish we could talk about Tokyo Mirage Sessions without everything going back to censorship.

Give it a month and suddenly everyone will look back on it and laugh. It's what happened with Fates because A) not all that much was changed from the Japanese release and B) those that cry "censorship" tend to be fringe as best.

'Doesn't matter'? You're making it seem like we're here trying to convince you not to get a Japanese imported Wii U because of how we feel about it.

but at this point it doesn't even seem like you're trying to engage in discussion about the specifics of what was changed in THIS game anymore, since you're talking about other games now.

It does ruin integrity to not see men and women perform scantily clad. Taking away that feature is telling us that Nintendo Of America hates integrity.

...And to mention other games was to just say that it won't be regrettable to buy it! =]

Edited by PuffPuff

It does ruin integrity to not see men and women perform scantily clad. Taking away that feature is telling us that Nintendo Of America hates integrity.

...And to mention other games was to just say that it won't be regrettable to buy it! =]

...Why are you buying this game again?

...Why are you buying this game again?

isn't it obvious? Girls and Guys in swimming trunks and scandilad bikinis is the new generation of epic story telling and gameplay changing revolution of the video game industry.

Sure censorship can be a little dumb but I don't really care. It's nothing that really affects the game for me. It's not like the game plays any differently so let them do what they want.

well puffpuff I agree, censorship sucks.

I really don't like the changes they've made and they make me want to burn down that treehouse

There's a time and place to disagree about censorship, and having mostly cosmetic things changed is not it. And definitely not to this degree. Tone it down.

---

My opinion? Stop posting shit we knew about before the game's release. After playing the game, my opinion hasn't changed. Where is it? In the place this was first posted, go search for it (and then make it a habit so you stop doing things like this).

Edited by eclipse

There's a time and place to disagree about censorship, and having mostly cosmetic things changed is not it. And definitely not to this degree. Tone it down.

I thought this thread was about censorship

anyways I also found it really dumb that they went back and got the Japanese voice actors to redo a bunch of lines. Yet they didn't bother to go back and change the names of the FE characters to match their English pronouncaition.

I don't like the treehouse, thats my opinion

They went through so much trouble to censor this game, I've been on the fence about buying it since I heard about it. If it was light censorship like Fates or Xenoblade, I wouldn't care... but they went above and beyond... now I dunno, it's gonna be a no buy for me, will probably at best be a bargain bin pickup for me.

I thought this thread was about censorship

anyways I also found it really dumb that they went back and got the Japanese voice actors to redo a bunch of lines. Yet they didn't bother to go back and change the names of the FE characters to match their English pronouncaition.

I don't like the treehouse, thats my opinion

"Burn down Treehouse" is a clear overreaction. Go ahead and be dissatisfied with them, but keep it reasonable.

For the mirage names, the only glaring one is Virion's. Draug's name doesn't come up that often IIRC, Aversa/Inverse sound fairly similar, and the rest should be pretty close to their originals.

Though I really wish "Dark Yashiro" was called Samto instead.

EDIT:

They went through so much trouble to censor this game, I've been on the fence about buying it since I heard about it. If it was light censorship like Fates or Xenoblade, I wouldn't care... but they went above and beyond... now I dunno, it's gonna be a no buy for me, will probably at best be a bargain bin pickup for me.

If you want to hold off on a perfectly fun game because of a lack of swimsuits/cleavage (which is the vast majority of what changed), that's your call. I much prefer a playable game over changed costumes, and Treehouse kept that mostly intact.

Edited by eclipse

OP, you know you're not going to be able to get the swimsuit (or any of the) DLC anyway unless you also import some E-Shop cards, right? The E-Shop won't accept payment from international sources.

The most they did was change a couple of lines of audio about Tsubasa's age and alter a few costumes on the non-script side of things. It's not like Nintendo back in the day where they meticulously scrubbed their localized games clean of any issues they felt weren't suited for their audiences, be it drugs or homosexuality or religious themes. It's hardly what I'd call "going above and beyond."

Edited by AzureSen

People out west dont really dig on seeing underage people in scantily clad clothes. I reckon this is why things were altered. I dont think there would have been this much aesthetic change if these characters werent kids. Deal with it and move on.

It was a marketing move, really. Just like with Fates, Nintendo probably assumed that people who wanted everything intact would just buy the game anyway, despite being unhappy with the censorship. And if Fates' sales in the west are anything to go by, it should be a smart decision.

Edited by Chad Thundercock