Best use of exalt & hero's brand?

Tias

So from what I've read and heard, Aether and awakening cannot be passed down nor be learned from my castle battles. So I can't just pass the exalt and hero's brand around like it's candy with no regard for who actually benefits from them.

I've thought of getting it for my MU. He has Dragon Fang, Astra, Luna, Pavise and Aegis. I figured i could replace it with Luna or pavise or aegis. My Selkie has nohrian trust and 4 breaker skills so she makes good use of my MU's skills. But yeah, are there specific characters who get more benefit out of it or do I just give it to whoever I want?

These are the kids I have planned for btw:

Beruka!Ignatius
Camilla!Velouria

Mozu!Midori(miracle build)

Nyx!Rhajat ( witch or a sorcerer )

Elise!Ophelia ( witch or a sorcerer)

Charlotte!Siegbert ( this isn't set in stone yet)

Rinkah!Shiro ( not set in stone yet either)

Setsuna or Hinoka!Caeldori

I also want Soliel, Nina, and Mitama. The others I'm less interested in for the time being.

I always like giving Awakening to my +SPD Swordmaster Femui. Awakening + Vantage really messes people up. As for Lodestar, I really like it on Xander (the class does wonders to fix his SPD issues), but it might be good on Manui as well. Generally, actually, it's pretty much a very slightly slower, very slightly bulkier Swordmaster.

Also, you can get unlimited Aether Scrolls from the Vanguard Dawn DLC, so unless you're doing a no-DLC run, you don't need to worry about who you put it on. Awakening is the juicy part there.

Xander Really likes the Hero's brand. Dancing blade, speedtaker, and the additional two points of base speed all help with his speed, which tends to be his biggest flaw (the actual growth is the same, though.)

Also if you don't mind paid DLC, you can teach aether to anyone using the skill book you get in the vanguard dawn chapter (which is infinitely re-playable). (THe only other skill for either class avalible as a scroll from DLC is speedtaker which is avalible from Heirs of fate V: Endless Dawn. )

Edited by sirmola

Well, miracle Midori would Love getting Awakening since her HP are most of the time below half. +30 Hit/Avo/Krit is deadly.

I'm not sure but I think I've seen 2 different miracle midori builds or something. The other one said you'd need mozi!Siegbert and other weird stuff that needs to pair up with midori. Which I think is a waste.

So far I have:

Miracle

Hoshidan Unit

Quixotic

(I'm guessing these are the 3 most important ones)

Missing:

4+ luck

??? ( I don't know if there is another skill that is mandatory, but if not I could perhaps put in awakening as the last skill)

I always like giving Awakening to my +SPD Swordmaster Femui. Awakening + Vantage really messes people up. As for Lodestar, I really like it on Xander (the class does wonders to fix his SPD issues), but it might be good on Manui as well. Generally, actually, it's pretty much a very slightly slower, very slightly bulkier Swordmaster.

Also, you can get unlimited Aether Scrolls from the Vanguard Dawn DLC, so unless you're doing a no-DLC run, you don't need to worry about who you put it on. Awakening is the juicy part there.

My MU is Male, +spd -mag swordmaster purely to give selkie as much +spd and luck during pair up bonus so can't give it to him and even if I could it'd be a waste since he's a skill bot slave to his waifu. But Noted, I'll consider hero's brand on Xander. should I reclass him after he gets the skills or should he just stay in this class?

Edited by Tias

My MU is Male, +spd -mag swordmaster purely to give selkie as much +spd and luck during pair up bonus so can't give it to him and even if I could it'd be a waste since he's a skill bot slave to his waifu. But Noted, I'll consider hero's brand on Xander. should I reclass him after he gets the skills or should he just stay in this class?

I'd probably Keep him in it for the class bonuses of +5 crit and +10 hit and avoid. Lodestar's growths are also 10% higher. They are 5% less in str, def, res, while being 5% more in hp, and 10% more in luck and skl.

What I'd recommend on the pairing end:

Kagero!Shiro

Hinoka!Siegbert

Oboro/Rinkah!Caeldori (Rinkah can go to Jakob)

Azura/Hana!Soleil (Hana can go to Takumi. Azura as well although I highly recommend Azura!Soleil)

Felicia!Nina (Or Elise!Nina and do Felicia!Ophelia)

Setsuna/Effie!Mitama (I'd give Effie to Arthur)

Aether is very good for Siegbert (Midori's Pair-Up Bot) due to the Sol part restoring HP.

Awakening is good on Ophelia due to her Personal Skill which enhances her Critical Hit chance.

Edited by ShadowStar77

What I'd recommend on the pairing end:

Kagero!Shiro

Hinoka!Siegbert

Oboro/Rinkah!Caeldori (Rinkah can go to Jakob)

Azura/Hana!Soleil (Hana can go to Takumi. Azura as well although I highly recommend Azura!Soleil)

Felicia!Nina (Or Elise!Nina and do Felicia!Ophelia)

Setsuna/Effie!Mitama (I'd give Effie to Arthur)

Aether is very good for Siegbert (Midori's Pair-Up Bot) due to the Sol part restoring HP.

Awakening is good on Ophelia due to her Personal Skill which enhances her Critical Hit chance.

Who are the candidates that can be used as a pair-up bot for midori? Is it just any basara with plenty of activate skills or does it HAVE to be hinoka!siegbert?

Who are the candidates that can be used as a pair-up bot for midori? Is it just any basara with plenty of activate skills or does it HAVE to be hinoka!siegbert?

Hinoka!Siegbert is primarily used although I've heard that Laslow!Shigure can work although I am not entirely sure...

Siegbert's Personal Skill also helps with his role and Mozu also works as his mother if you do Azura!Midori.

Well, miracle Midori would Love getting Awakening since her HP are most of the time below half. +30 Hit/Avo/Krit is deadly.

Someone mentioned it was good on Ophelia too, due to her personal skill and I do think it might be better there, but on the other hand someone like Ophelia could easily get 1 shot while Midori would at least survive and gain benefit due to miracle. Urgh, hard to chose.

Also, thanks for the 4+ luck skill, got it for Midori now. Just have to figure out who to give her that'd still work with her miracle build

I personally put Lodestar on Laslow every time I can. But that's kinda bias on my side I guess.

I see a lot of people using Lawlow as their rally bot due to his personal, so having him be a falcon knight or something with a lot of mobility would be better I think. So I do think I'll put lodestar on Xandar, or perhaps Siegbert.

Edited by Tias