Revelations: Chapter 11 Ez Staff/Festal EXP Grind

Solcalibre

IMAG1300_zpscppvlc71.jpg

Hey everyone. I don't know how new this is (or in the sense that you've probably improvised this one way or another) but I've though of a way to exp grind specific units so you don't have to worry about them falling behind. Every Fire Emblem game has at least one abusable chapter that you can use to grind units (like with Jill on RD on that prison map). As you can see, there's only 1 unit left which would be the boss, you can kill him later.

Please excuse the picture quality, I took these from my phone and my copy is digital/not on my capture card Ds.

Step 1 - The Setup:

IMAG1301_zpszb7jsstd.jpg

Make sure you have a similar setup where you have 2 staff users and 2 other random units of your choice on the spikes terrain (You can be as disorganised or numerous as you can muster, so long as all units are on the marked terrain). The idea here is that they all take damage and they keep healing each other turn after turn so that they get EXP and level up their staff proficiency.

Step 2 - The Healing Circle:

IMAG1302_zps04abxaov.jpg

I usually have a Pegasus be ready to bring supplies back and forth from MU just in case I run out but basically there's 2 healers for two other units and you're constantly healing them every turn.

IMAG1302_zps04abxaov.jpg

Proceed to heal your unit, in this case you can heal Nephenee Oboro and then move on to your next healer.

IMAG1304_zpsx8phyivt.jpg

I feel this will be really useful for Sakura because I had a hard time raising her in Birthright purely due to how she can't retaliate and i'd have to spend time glossing over EzSeize castles to try and find Counter/Countermagic to make her a pseudo Izama until she can hold Yumi/Bows.

IMAG1305_zpspch0ievx.jpg

(Takumi is really OP)

Step 3 - The Overwatch:

IMAG1306_zps1tptor1b.jpg

Here is where the boss resides, I've marked out his range to make you aware, he won't move from this spot so you're safe to crowd round and stare at him for as long as possible (I think up to 99 turns iirc, anything over that and the game forces a Game Over on you). Make sure you have a reliable unit who can soak up damage (and heal him/her if necessary). Also, make sure your unit can't strike back or place a unit where the CPU likes to throw stuff at which your unit cannot retaliate.

IMAG1307_zpsqyhq9kcr.jpg

I left him at 1hp so that Saizo can finish him off. You can keep on doing this until you feel satisfied or when turn 99 comes up (whichever comes first).

I hope this will help those who are still about to start Revelations. If there's any other tech, feel free to share. I hope this helps!

Edited by Sol64

There's always the easy seize Nohr/Valla castle that has the Dusk Dragon statue for easy staff training.

That is true. The only drawback is that you can't save in the middle of its battle or use the convoy. Which means when you're done you're gonna have to seize on that moment and come back to another Dusk Dragon Castle.

Edited by Sol64

That is true. The only drawback is that you can't save in the middle of its battle or use the convoy. Which means when you're done you're gonna have to seize on that moment and come back to another Dusk Dragon Castle.

Well, if getting extra visit and battle points is an issue... However, this is Revelations and you have the chance to grind in extra maps.

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, July 7, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, July 7, 2016 - No reason given

Well, if getting extra visit and battle points is an issue... However, this is Revelations and you have the chance to grind in extra maps.

Well no, it's always nice to get.

Both sides have their ups and downs but I can see the castle thing being used more favourably. It's just that when you haven't reached chapter 11 yet (and will probably be the point where you want to start thinking about grinding.