What is wrong with Hugh?

So, this is my first post on Serenesforest so if I made any mistakes or something, sorry. Anyway, I just thought I share this weird Hugh I got. I boot up FE Binding Blade and as I was doing battle preps for Chapter 17 (Sacae route), I noticed something off about Hugh. He somehow has 43 Mag, and I didn't do anything like hacking or modding. Yeah. Just thought I would share.

post-21930-0-07385400-1467839640_thumb.png

I don't remember how much I paid. I think 6000G? Well, whatever it was, I decided to take him into a battle and see if a battle fixed his Mag stat. Sure enough, it did, now Hugh has a maxed out Mag stat unpromoted.

post-21930-0-18565900-1467840836_thumb.png

Anytime a stat "overflows" the cap, it will revert to the cap after one battle.

The only explanation I can think of is a translation patch switch (due to some FEditor side-effects), but even that shouldn't raise his Magic so drastically. Beyond that... Just one hell of a glitch, I guess. Certainly not one I've heard of.

Well, I haven't switched to a different translation patch. I was using the one that's here on Serenesforest's FE6 Translation Thread. I think it was just a random glitch, albeit a rather amusing one at that. :)

You're not the first person who's experienced this. The issue has been reported in the patch thread before, but I wasn't able to replicate it. No idea what causes it. :P

Edited by gringe

• 3 years later...
On 7/7/2016 at 7:34 AM, red152 said:

I don't remember how much I paid. I think 6000G? Well, whatever it was, I decided to take him into a battle and see if a battle fixed his Mag stat. Sure enough, it did, now Hugh has a maxed out Mag stat unpromoted.

post-21930-0-18565900-1467840836_thumb.png

This exact thing happened to me, like the exact same situation

EDIT: So I tested my hugh out, and his magic was indeed 43 for one turn, not just a display error, with appropriate damage, and then it went back to 20 magic. So he became a one turn nuke, then after this one combat turn went back to normal.

Edited by ralphward458