What paired endings would you add to the game if you could add more?

It's generally agreed that RD dropped the ball with alternate endings, isn't it? I mean, we had like 70 playable units in this game and just a little handful of endings.

To clarify, I'm not saying anyone would have to get rid of the pairings that are already there. We're just adding onto them, nothing else. :P And this is not meant to be a shipping war thread or anything of the sort. We need to keep things civil.

So which ones would you add? There are a ton I would put in due to how large the cast is. Spoiler'd for length, of course.

Ike x Elincia - Either romantic or platonic. My bias, of course, would prefer romantic, but in the end, I'd write something entirely neutral that could be interpreted as either since the fandom kind of seems divided on these two. Although, this would have to be done carefully so it doesn't look like there's any blatant favoritism for this or the Geoffrey x Elincia ending. Honestly, I just think favoritism for one pairing over another even though both are options is just no.

Soren x Stefan - Platonic. I actually thought this one was possible for the longest time and believed they had an ending where Soren would go to live with Stefan in his Branded community. Then I discovered this wasn't actually the case. xP But I wish it was, because I think this would be very good for Soren in particular.

Rolf x Mist - Do I really need to explain this one?

Kieran x Marcia - Come on, these two are so entertaining together!

Gatrie x Astrid - Because they're kinda cute and I hate the idea of poor Gatrie never finding true love. :(

Oscar x Tanith - Even if their duties prevent them from actually being together, something at all would be nice! They're cute!

Rhys x Titania - They're cute and my preferred pairing for the two.

Rhys x Mia - They're funny together. lol

Boyd x Mia - I know they didn't interact at all, but I really feel like they should have and would've been really cute.

Aran x Laura - Childhood friends alert! I'm usually a sucker for those.

Edward/Leonardo x Micaiah - So Micaiah has a non-Sothe option, really (her default A support with him would be removed too, to prevent a bunch of favoritism). She's a main character too, just like Ike and Elincia (more so in PoR for the latter, but still).

Geoffrey x Callil - Platonic, of course, since Largo exists. These two had a support in PoR and are good friends. Also, Geoffrey would still have something for people that go the Ike x Elincia route. I don't like him much, but I'm not going to leave him hanging. He's a chivalrous knight, after all. I'm kind of a sucker for them too, even when I don't actually like them a lot. lol

Geoffrey x Nephenee - I've seen this one done in fics before, and if the aforementioned Ike x Elincia people desire to romance Geoffrey with someone, well, there really aren't any better options, are there? :P

Zihark x Meg - Platonic again, due to Meg's default ending and the fact that Zihark was just clearly not interested in THAT way. :P But they still had a funny relationship. lol And more platonic endings between opposite gender characters would be real nice. Not every male and female that can support one another have to have a marriage, IS.

Zihark x Ilyana - Just another cute pairing!

Heather x Nephenee - Heather is clearly lesbian and I don't think anyone would dispute that. Neph's sexuality is unknown, so I'd keep this more neutral than anything, but yeah.

Ranulf x Lethe/Lyre - Give Ranulf the option to get with either one. Because I don't know who I like better with this lovable cat. xP

Kyza x Lethe/Lyre - The cat sisters' other option being Kyza is reasonable enough to me.

Tormod x Sanaki - More cuteness! (and I forgot this one at first, oopsie)

Tibarn x Reyson - Probably platonic, since we know nothing about their sexualities. Making it a gay pairing as of now would feel too forced, imo. But they are close friends.

And these are all I can think of off the top of my head right now. I also highly HIGHLY considered adding Ike x Lethe to this list since I like it. But my beliefs include Priam being a canon and direct descendant of Ike, and I can't see Lethe wanting to give up her laguz abilities at all (she'd lose them if she had children with a beorc, which we all know Ike is), so I unfortunately had to omit it. But I do still like the pairing and would be fine either way!

I also thought about Zihark x Lyre, but I also have a hard time seeing him wanting another laguz lover after...what happened with the first one he had. :(

What do you guys think, though?

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It wasn't even a pair in PoR, but always wished Kieran and Mia had a support. Kieran and Mia are both into having a rival to hone their skills, and it would have been fun to get together as sparring partners and go from there.

Another pair that had pretty much no interaction together, but I would have liked would be Soren x Micaiah. I'm a big fan of both and they both have a sad prospect for their futures. Soren's only real friend is Ike, and he's doomed to live on centuries after Ike dies. Micaiah has Sothe, but if Sephiran is any sign, she'll live on for centuries as well. I like to think that those two will bond over their common experiences with isolation as branded as children and be able to grow old together, not having to worry about going centuries without their true love.

You forgot Ike x Mia.

Except I didn't? I personally don't like that pairing at all, and don't think it has much to go on compared to the other plausible options Ike has, so I left it out.

Soren x Micaiah sounds like a good idea, tho.

Edited by Anacybele

Another pair that had pretty much no interaction together, but I would have liked would be Soren x Micaiah. I'm a big fan of both and they both have a sad prospect for their futures. Soren's only real friend is Ike, and he's doomed to live on centuries after Ike dies. Micaiah has Sothe, but if Sephiran is any sign, she'll live on for centuries as well. I like to think that those two will bond over their common experiences with isolation as branded as children and be able to grow old together, not having to worry about going centuries without their true love.

Huh, I never thought of that, but it seems pretty interesting. Would have been cool to see.

Except I didn't? I personally don't like that pairing at all, and don't think it has much to go on compared to the other plausible options Ike has, so I left it out.

The only ending you've mentioned is Ike x Elincia, and with the exception of that one (which I don't particularly like, but whatever), what do you think is more plausible? Ike x Lethe? Ike x Marcia? I don't think so. Titania or Sanaki would just be weird and Ike doesn't really have much interaction with the other female characters (not Mist) in the cast (I'm probably forgetting someone).

Edited by ruadath

The only ending you've mentioned is Ike x Elincia, and with the exception of that one (which I don't particularly like, but whatever), what do you think is more plausible? Ike x Lethe? Ike x Marcia? I don't think so. Titania or Sanaki would just be weird and Ike doesn't really have much interaction with the other female characters (not Mist) in the cast (I'm probably forgetting someone).

If not for the Priam thing, then Ike x Lethe is more plausible to me. And remember Ike also has platonic endings with Ranulf and Soren. I don't want to give one character too many compared to everyone else. Especially Ike who everyone knows I fangirl over like nobody's business. I'd get accused of too much Ike bias if I gave him more endings than everyone else, and understandably so.

Rolf x Mist and Micaiah x Pelleas

I guess Micaiah/Soren could work because they're designed to be foils, but I don't think Soren would give the time of day to anyone whose name isn't Ike.

I don't think Soren would give the time of day to anyone whose name isn't Ike.

And this is kinda what makes the Soren x Stefan idea appealing to me. Soren's thing for Ike seems rather unhealthy. It's perfectly understandable why he respects the guy so much, but still.

I don't want to give one character too many compared to everyone else. Especially Ike who everyone knows I fangirl over like nobody's business. I'd get accused of too much Ike bias if I gave him more endings than everyone else, and understandably so.

I don't think it's weird for the main character to have more than 3 endings. Roy had like 10 different possiblities in wives, and Eliwood/Hector had something like 3 romantic/2 platonic each.

Micaiah/Pelleas is the only one I'd add, just because it makes so much sense. They wouldn't even have to be married to get an ending together.

I don't think it's weird for the main character to have more than 3 endings. Roy had like 10 different possiblities in wives, and Eliwood/Hector had something like 3 romantic/2 platonic each.

Yeah, but Ike's not the only main character in this case. Micaiah and Elincia exist too. I didn't even like Lyn having more options than Eliwood and Hector, even though Eliwood and Hector themselves are two of them.

Micaiah x Pelleas is a really good idea too, but there's the matter of whether you consider the latter's death to be canon.

Edited by Anacybele

And this is kinda what makes the Soren x Stefan idea appealing to me. Soren's thing for Ike seems rather unhealthy. It's perfectly understandable why he respects the guy so much, but still.

Yeah, he's kinda like a male version of Homura Akemi (of Puella Magi Madoka Magica), now I think about it. Not as insanely obsessed as Homura, but I can see it as comparable.

The main difference is Homura locks Madoka up in a gilded cage and wipes her memories trying to make her "happy"

You know, maybe I should stop this comparison.

...Roy had 6 female supports. Wolt/Marcus/Allen/Lance didn't give alternate endings. Edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko

Yeah, he's kinda like a male version of Homura Akemi (of Puella Magi Madoka Magica), now I think about it. Not as insanely obsessed as Homura, but I can see it as comparable.

The main difference is Homura locks Madoka up in a gilded cage and wipes her memories trying to make her "happy"

You know, maybe I should stop this comparison....Roy had 6 female supports. Wolt/Marcus/Allen/Lance didn't give alternate endings.

Haha, no worries. As long as we stay on topic, we're fine. :P

Yeah, but Ike's not the only main character in this case. Micaiah and Elincia exist too. I didn't even like Lyn having more options than Eliwood and Hector, even though Eliwood and Hector themselves are two of them.

Micaiah x Pelleas is a really good idea too, but there's the matter of whether you consider the latter's death to be canon.

Well, in all fairness, you'd only be able to get the ending if he didn't kick the bucket.

Haha, no worries. As long as we stay on topic, we're fine. :P

Haha, all right. Just have had Madoka Magica on the brain lately. (Though Soren came before Homura) Edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko

I've always liked how Tellius kept the paired endings to only one per character so that it's easier to imagine the characters' fates post-game. I would only add pairings like Aran/Laura, Tormod/Sanaki, Meg/Ilyana and Heather/Nephenee to expand the marriages a bit, but all the included ones are fine by me. Well, maybe I'd remove Bastian/Lucia because it changes nothing, and my headcanon has Lucia with a one-sided crush on Elincia.

As for Ike, I consider his ending with Soren to be the canonical one, but Ranulf eventually finds them and tags along for a while. I'd like having Ike/Mia as a third option.

If Micaiah were to get a second option to match Ike's, then I agree Pelleas would be the best choice.

Glac: True, and he can only live in a second playthrough. I guess for a second playthrough, the pairing would work great, but for the first playthrough, I still like my idea of Edward or Leonardo being an option for Micaiah.

I also forgot Tibarn x Reyson. Neither of the two have shown any hints toward their sexuality, but a platonic ending would be good.

EDIT: I also forgot Tormod x Sanaki. I like that one too.

Edited by Anacybele

Glac: True, and he can only live in a second playthrough. I guess for a second playthrough, the pairing would work great, but for the first playthrough, I still like my idea of Edward or Leonardo being an option for Micaiah.

I also forgot Tibarn x Reyson. Neither of the two have shown any hints toward their sexuality, but a platonic ending would be good.

EDIT: I also forgot Tormod x Sanaki. I like that one too.

They work too, yeah. I'm personally really opposed to Micaiah/Sothe due to interpreting their relationship as more like older sister/little brother, so alternate pairings for Micaiah are always welcome in my books.

IKE X LETHE

Holy shit, these two actually have a paired ending in POR, why the hell do they not have one in RD?

...What? PoR doesn't have any endings period. But I do like that pairing. And there is actually one way it could work even with Priam being Ike's descendant, but I don't know it if would be favorable. That way would be a surrogate mother carrying a child for them instead, with Ike as the father. But as I said, I don't know if it would be favorable enough...

EDIT: Glac, and yeah, Sothe and Micaiah literally called one another brother and sister, which is why I'm kind of iffy on them myself. They could've just been pretending, but still.

Edited by Anacybele

To expand upon the SorenxMicaiah pairing. Soren grew a lot over the course of his two games. He'll never be the life of the party, but he seems less cold and distant in RD. If RD actually had real supports, I imagine he would have been given more than just 2 this time. Ike was Soren's anchor, but now that he's "come out" as branded and no longer has that festering inside him, he can be a bit more comfortable trying to forge other friendships. I see a lot of myself in Soren, and I'm a completely different person than I was 10 years ago, when I was Soren's age. Having just a single friend you can confide i, can make a huge difference, even if it's platonic.

I think the IkexSoren Support is the best in all of Fire Emblem, and I cried as I read it.

...What? PoR doesn't have any endings period. But I do like that pairing. And there is actually one way it could work even with Priam being Ike's descendant, but I don't know it if would be favorable. That way would be a surrogate mother carrying a child for them instead, with Ike as the father. But as I said, I don't know if it would be favorable enough...

EDIT: Glac, and yeah, Sothe and Micaiah literally called one another brother and sister, which is why I'm kind of iffy on them myself. They could've just been pretending, but still.

iirc, POR's ending features each character tell Ike their plans post war in Castle Crimea's Garden which serves as that game's character endings, should Ike and Lethe have an A-support, Lethe's ending/plans speech completely changes. As far as I'm aware, she's the only character that happens for.

I think the IkexSoren Support is the best in all of Fire Emblem, and I cried as I read it.

Yeah, this was a really good support. In all honesty, my dislike for them as a romantic pairing more so comes from its fans and a disinterest in homosexual romances, really. And that both have little to no indication of being gay or bi.

iirc, POR's ending features each character tell Ike their plans post war in Castle Crimea's Garden which serves as that game's character endings, should Ike and Lethe have an A-support, Lethe's ending/plans speech completely changes. As far as I'm aware, she's the only character that happens for.

Oh, that's what you meant. Yeah, I think you're right, now that you mention it. o.o

Edited by Anacybele

They work too, yeah. I'm personally really opposed to Micaiah/Sothe due to interpreting their relationship as more like older sister/little brother, so alternate pairings for Micaiah are always welcome in my books.

Yeah, I'm not really a fan of that pairing. I don't like Jill x Haar for the same reason. Jill's like 19 in RD, and Haar is in his mid 30's, at least. I like the mentor relationship they have going, but why does every male x female relationship have to end in romance?

On a different note...

One problem I have with Beorc/Laguz pairings in Tellius is the whole Laguz-losing-their-powers thing. The branded seem more a cultural damnation, but actually losing your transformation powers almost legitimizes the stigma the cross breeding has. It always kind of rubbed me the wrong way narrative wise. It would be like if elves lost all their magic by mating with humans in other fantasy fiction, or if interracial dating automatically gave you an STD in more realistic settings. I just wish that it had strictly stayed a cultural taboo, without the supernatural reinforcement.