What paired endings would you add to the game if you could add more?

Oh, okay. XD Yeah, unfortunately Gatrie is a lot better, especially in RD (he's fast for an armor knight!). And there's also the fact that I like Tauroneo as well. I like all three! So it would be hard for me to pick from them if Gatrie wasn't as good as he is. And if he didn't have good availability in both games.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ike x Lethe is pretty much my favorite ship in the series, those two have some really good supports in PoR. It always bothers me when people ship Ike x Mia just because "well Priam has to exist somehow" and totally forget Ike x Lethe exists. I'd also really love Elincia/Renning and Micaiah/Sanaki.

That bothers me too, and is one reason I dislike the Ike x Mia pairing, because those people also don't consider that maybe Ike married a girl we don't know of! It's quite possible since he left, and I actually made one up some time ago since I like the idea almost as much as Ike x Elincia because of the amount of imagination that can go into it.

Edited by Anacybele

Ike x Lethe is pretty much my favorite ship in the series, those two have some really good supports in PoR. It always bothers me when people ship Ike x Mia just because "well Priam has to exist somehow" and totally forget Ike x Lethe exists. I'd also really love Elincia/Renning and Micaiah/Sanaki.

I don't think Lethe would be willing to give up her Laguz powers to mate with a human. That's part of the reason that facet of Laguz interbreeding lore bothers me. It would be like asking people to gouge one of their own eyes out if they want to lose their Beorc V card.

Yeah, that is a problem, though I did mention earlier that Ike and Lethe could get around it by getting a surrogate to carry a child for them with Ike as the father. That way Lethe could be a mother without losing her laguz abilities, even though it wouldn't be biologically hers, and Priam could still be a blood descendant of Ike.

It might not be favorable though, as I also said...

Yeah, that is a problem, though I did mention earlier that Ike and Lethe could get around it by getting a surrogate to carry a child for them with Ike as the father. That way Lethe could be a mother without losing her laguz abilities, even though it wouldn't be biologically hers, and Priam could still be a blood descendant of Ike.

It might not be favorable though, as I also said...

That's one way, but it would have to be a sexless marriage, and while that could exist, it's greatly in the minority.

It also raises further questions of how exactly this power losing comes about. Is it just the sex, or do they have to conceive the branded child?

It would have been nice to see Titania have a romantic option, but I can't think of anyone she has any real romantic chemistry with. She seems to be at least in her 30s or so, and we know Oscar is 22 in PoR. Shinon and Gatrie seem to be around the same age, but honestly, I can't see her with any of them, maybe Rhys, but he's also a bit young for her. If anyone can think of anyone Titania might be a decent pair for, I might have overlooked somebody.

That's one way, but it would have to be a sexless marriage, and while that could exist, it's greatly in the minority.

It also raises further questions of how exactly this power losing comes about. Is it just the sex, or do they have to conceive the branded child?

It would have been nice to see Titania have a romantic option, but I can't think of anyone she has any real romantic chemistry with. She seems to be at least in her 30s or so, and we know Oscar is 22 in PoR. Shinon and Gatrie seem to be around the same age, but honestly, I can't see her with any of them, maybe Rhys, but he's also a bit young for her. If anyone can think of anyone Titania might be a decent pair for, I might have overlooked somebody.

I believe you have to conceive a child. I remember it saying that if the mother is the laguz parent, she loses her powers as soon as she gets pregnant. The father wouldn't lose them until the child is born. So unless some form of birth control exists, yeah, it would have to be a sexless marriage. But I think Ike would be okay with that, he doesn't strike me as a guy who'd be interested in a lot of sex. lol Same with Lethe.

Oscar is 24 in PoR, actually. xP I think Rhys could possibly be 30 or more. He knew Titania when she was younger and had saved her when she was seriously wounded. This is where I think any chemistry they get could come from.

Edited by Anacybele

Honestly Ike probably got with a generic village maiden, possibly a sister of the ancestor of the one Chrom marries there's no need to discuss this again.

Since the only ones who bother to follow the guy are male.

I believe you have to conceive a child. I remember it saying that if the mother is the laguz parent, she loses her powers as soon as she gets pregnant. The father wouldn't lose them until the child is born. So unless some form of birth control exists, yeah, it would have to be a sexless marriage. But I think Ike would be okay with that, he doesn't strike me as a guy who'd be interested in a lot of sex. lol Same with Lethe.

Oscar is 24 in PoR, actually. xP I think Rhys could possibly be 30 or more. He knew Titania when she was younger and had saved her when she was seriously wounded. This is where I think any chemistry they get could come from.

You're right, I must have misremembered Oscar's age from the Januff support. He's still a bit young for Titania, though. I figure Greil to be in his 40's at least, and Titania to be in her mid 30's at least, early 30's if we're generous. I follow the standard (Your Age/2)+7=Acceptable Dating Age Range.

I suppose Rhys could be as old as 30, he just struck me as early 20s for some reason. I'm not sure if we ever got a definite age on him.

Yeah honestly I don't consider Priam canon. Or even if he is he could easily be from some alternate reality from PoR or RD which happens to make all ships canon I guess. From the feel of PoR and RD and Ike's conversations with Gatrie and Shinon, he's just not interested in the sexual aspects of relationships. With Elincia and Lethe he appreciates them for who they are and what they do but doesn't get bogged down in a generic romance. I think Ike x Lethe is actually a pretty good pairing for both characters and doesn't have to result in kids. They definitely have chemistry together. I mean, Ike and Soren is my preferred A rank but Lethe has at least as much of a chance with Ike as Ranulf to me (and on the plus side has way less baggage to leave behind!)

I'm not really convinced with Mia and Ike because the devs seemed to abandon it and left it undeveloped.

Well, some of us do consider Priam canon. I do. Because I find it silly to say an established character is not canon. Is it because he's entirely optional and doesn't appear in the main story? Then why not say most of the Awakening kids and the Fates kids aren't canon then, since they're optional? Why not say Donnel is non-canon since his paralogue is optional? None of these characters appear in the main story, just like Priam doesn't. They're entirely optional and you can go through the whole game without ever seeing them.

So if they're canon, yet optional, why can't Priam be as well is all I ask.

I'm not trying to force you to change your mind, I'm just trying to understand why some people think he's not canon. As well as explaining why I consider him to be canon.

Him being from an alternate ending of RD is fine with me though, since as you say, it could make more ships canon.

Edited by Anacybele

I don't consider the bonus endgame paralogue characters canon. First, they are unlike other paralogues in that they had to be unlocked through online connectivity and not through regular gameplay through the story. Their existence only opens up plotholes unless you consider all of them to be from alternate timelines.

[spoiler=Endgame Awakening spoilers considering this is not the Awakening board]Emmeryn's paralogue being canon to that world's Emmeryn is especially a kick in the shins and destroys what little meaning is left of her sacrifice. Chrom and Lissa can't even support her! Yen'fay's paralogue is explicitly an alternate timeline where Say'ri died instead of him. Even the timeline Morgan is from is super sketchy due to amnesia. Priam in the TCG has been relagated to the same group as other "OC" type cards who don't belong to any games and likely never will. Honestly I consider ever paralogue character a throwback to unlockable bonuses in Sacred Stones and Path and Radiance but with ascended status to be potential wives/husbands for the avatars. They have thin story justification but very little interaction with the rest of the characters.

In the current FE setup they've essentially made everything canon and nothing canon, just a huge number of alternate timelines.

I'm neutral on Priam being canon, although it seems all the different FE universes are canon-connected, with [spoiler=Fates spoilers that everyone already knows, but better safe than sorry.]Owain, Inigo, and Severa being in Fates.

That makes me lean a little more towards canon than not.

[spoiler=More Awakening Paralogue Discussion]I'm not a fan of the paralogue characters in general. I think Gangrel, Yenfay, and especially Emmeryn not staying dead hurts the already tenuous story of Awakening. I like Aversa's backstory getting more attention post-paralogue, but if cutting her also cut the rest, it would be something I'd be willing to sacrifice.

Priam at least doesn't hurt Awakening's story by his presence. He just breaks IkexSoren shippers' hearts. He just raises questions of his lineage and cements Ike's having abandoned Tellius.

Yeah, Priam actually doesn't hurt Awakening's story in any way, while the other spotpass paralogue characters do (which is why I don't like considering those canon myself). Priam, to me, is just the same as any of the non-spotpass paralogue characters, just in the form of DLC. I also think it would be rather cruel of IS to go making a character that's a descendant of and a walking reference to Ike, a major and popular character, and then not have it be canon in any way. It's like, what's the point then? You're just giving something to fans and then practically taking it away immediately.

And I also just like the idea of Ike having found a wife and raised a family someday. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, Priam's paralogue does hurt Awakening's story, in the same way all the other SpotPass paralogues do. They're unlocked right before the Endgame Map, which takes place right after the events of the previous chapter.

So in order for Priam to be recruited, Chrom and the gang have to take a HUGE detour right before the final battle, which makes zero sense given what's going on at that point in time. I think they placed the SpotPass maps at that point precisely to emphasize the fact that these chapters are just a bonus, and not meant to be taken seriously.

Actually, Priam's paralogue does hurt Awakening's story, in the same way all the other SpotPass paralogues do. They're unlocked right before the Endgame Map, which takes place right after the events of the previous chapter.

So in order for Priam to be recruited, Chrom and the gang have to take a HUGE detour right before the final battle, which makes zero sense given what's going on at that point in time. I think they placed the SpotPass maps at that point precisely to emphasize the fact that these chapters are just a bonus, and not meant to be taken seriously.

That's more a problem of RPGs in general, not specific to Awakening. Pretty much every RPG unlocks a bunch of sidequests right at the end of the game. It would have been nice to have him incorporated in better, but really the entire story of Awakening, and all Fire Emblems moves straight from one chapter to another, without really having much chance for lollygagging. It might have made sense to have it at the timeskip, but that might be a bit early for a bonus character. If they really wanted, they could have had Priam be part of the Valmese resistance, and incorporated him into the story, leaving his Ike ancestor backstory to just be explored in his support convos, and maybe even give him more supports than just Robin. A Priam x Owain support would have been interesting.

I'm going to join all those people saying Tormod x Sanaki. They are both mages, around the same age and Tormod would probably have spend some time being ordered around by her in his slave freeing business so they are probably aware of of other. I think its funny to imagine Sanaki having the poor boy completely henpecked.

Other then that Mist and Rolf. Its downright weird that they weren't a pairing option in the base game.

As for a COMPLETELY platonic pairing I'd say Rolf and Tauroneo. Something about Rolf pushing the old man into restoring his family life.

That's more a problem of RPGs in general, not specific to Awakening. Pretty much every RPG unlocks a bunch of sidequests right at the end of the game. It would have been nice to have him incorporated in better, but really the entire story of Awakening, and all Fire Emblems moves straight from one chapter to another, without really having much chance for lollygagging. It might have made sense to have it at the timeskip, but that might be a bit early for a bonus character. If they really wanted, they could have had Priam be part of the Valmese resistance, and incorporated him into the story, leaving his Ike ancestor backstory to just be explored in his support convos, and maybe even give him more supports than just Robin. A Priam x Owain support would have been interesting.

Pretty much this. You all act like Priam is the only offender in the "unlocked at a weird time" category here. xP A lot of things in Awakening don't make sense. But you can't say most of the game is non-canon.

And I still don't think Priam hurts the story as badly as Emmeryn, Yen'fay, and Gangrel do. Especially Emmeryn.

I'm going to join all those people saying Tormod x Sanaki. They are both mages, around the same age and Tormod would probably have spend some time being ordered around by her in his slave freeing business so they are probably aware of of other. I think its funny to imagine Sanaki having the poor boy completely henpecked.

Other then that Mist and Rolf. Its downright weird that they weren't a pairing option in the base game.

As for a COMPLETELY platonic pairing I'd say Rolf and Tauroneo. Something about Rolf pushing the old man into restoring his family life.

I don't remember the actual age difference between Mist and Rolf, but I think I remember Mist being about the same age as Jill, who I think is 16 in PoR.

I don't know Rolf's age, he seems like he's 12, maybe 14 on the high end, if we're generous. Assuming Mist is 16 and Rolf 12, that's a pretty big age gap at that age. Once you get older, it's not so much, but the younger you are, the bigger 4 year's difference seems. When I was young and innocent, I was in a 3.5 year relationship difference at 17 and 20+, and even that was pushing it.

I guess they just get lumped together, because they're "the kids" of the Greil Mercenaries. Even Ike was only recently allowed to join battles, at 17 in PoR. Honestly, I love Rolf, but if it was up to me, I would have kept him far away from the frontlines. He's too young, but I guess he ran out on his own. Mist is taking more of a support role, at least.

I thought it said that Rolf is only a little younger than Mist. I believe Mist to be 14 in PoR and Rolf to be 13. And I think Boyd is the same age as Ike, so if it's okay for Boyd to marry Mist, I don't see why Rolf can't. Girls can date guys younger than them. I'm actually one who did. lol

Edited by Anacybele

Pretty much this. You all act like Priam is the only offender in the "unlocked at a weird time" category here. xP A lot of things in Awakening don't make sense. But you can't say most of the game is non-canon.

And I still don't think Priam hurts the story as badly as Emmeryn, Yen'fay, and Gangrel do. Especially Emmeryn.

If a sidequest/sidestory is unlocked at a time where it's impossible for the main characters to actually achieve it within the game's timeframe or logical boundaries, then I simply don't consider that to be canon, regardless of game. "A lot of games do it" is not a valid excuse.

And we're saying that you might as well not consider a lot of things canon in that case. But we're not getting anywhere here, so let's just move on. xP I consider him canon, you don't, and that's that.

And we're saying that you might as well not consider a lot of things canon in that case. But we're not getting anywhere here, so let's just move on. xP I consider him canon, you don't, and that's that.

For the record, the SpotPass paralogues are the only things I don't consider canon in FE13. Everything else can be justified (even the DLC maps).