What paired endings would you add to the game if you could add more?

Honestly Awakening would have benefited from a Creature Campaign type thing as far as spotpass goes, but that's not that needed.

Or limiting the world map as Sacred Stones did, so Risen don't show up in the middle of the ocean for no discernible reason and urgency is more notable.

Anyway.

Priam is the least problem causing of the Spotpass dudes because he doesn't open any gaping plot holes like "Why didn't Chrom make sure Gengrel was dead/why didn't anyone check Emmeryn's body?" The amount of time Chrom took to get there doesn't mean he's not there...

He's just there.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing Soren open up to Mist. That'd be a cute ending.

Edited by Toyosatomimi no Miko

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Soren x Mist isn't a bad idea, yeah. I've also seen Soren x Mia fans, though I don't know where that comes from, other than the "always lost in your books" line from the one RD cutscene. I've also seen Soren x Lucia in the fandom and that even makes a bit more sense to me because I always saw it done alongside Ike x Elincia (dudes who are like bros to each other marrying the two lovely ladies that are like sisters). xP

Edited by Anacybele

Girls can date guys younger than them. I'm actually one who did. lol

Me, too. I even married younger. I honestly like being the older one in a relationship.

Honestly Awakening would have benefited from a Creature Campaign type thing as far as spotpass goes, but that's not that needed.

Or limiting the world map as Sacred Stones did, so Risen don't show up in the middle of the ocean for no discernible reason and urgency is more notable.

Anyway.

Priam is the least problem causing of the Spotpass dudes because he doesn't open any gaping plot holes like "Why didn't Chrom make sure Gengrel was dead/why didn't anyone check Emmeryn's body?" The amount of time Chrom took to get there doesn't mean he's not there...

He's just there.

Also I wouldn't mind seeing Soren open up to Mist. That'd be a cute ending.

The point about Priam's existence being independent of whether you recruit him or not is a good point, and one I'm surprised I didn't think of. Although, isn't dating one's best friend's sister a bro code violation in the first degree?

Soren x Mist isn't a bad idea, yeah. I've also seen Soren x Mia fans, though I don't know where that comes from, other than the "always lost in your books" line from the one RD cutscene. I've also seen Soren x Lucia in the fandom and that even makes a bit more sense to me because I always saw it done alongside Ike x Elincia (dudes who are like bros to each other marrying the two lovely ladies that are like sisters). xP

I could maybe see Soren x Lucia, but it's odd in that I envisioned Lucia as being mid-late 20s and Soren's about Ike's age. Plus Soren being doomed to live for centuries after most romantic options. Do we have a concrete age on Lucia? I don't even remember if Geoffrey or Lucia is older. Lucia just strikes me as the older one.

Me, too. I even married younger. I honestly like being the older one in a relationship.

The point about Priam's existence being independent of whether you recruit him or not is a good point, and one I'm surprised I didn't think of. Although, isn't dating one's best friend's sister a bro code violation in the first degree?

I could maybe see Soren x Lucia, but it's odd in that I envisioned Lucia as being mid-late 20s and Soren's about Ike's age. Plus Soren being doomed to live for centuries after most romantic options. Do we have a concrete age on Lucia? I don't even remember if Geoffrey or Lucia is older. Lucia just strikes me as the older one.

I can see Soren/Mist going either way (platonic or romantic), really. I wouldn't really mind if a friend of mine started dating my younger sister, but then again I'm also a girl so I dunno. Personally, I'd be happy if they were both happy in that thoroughly hypothetical situation.

I wouldn't really mind if a friend of mine started dating my younger sister, but then again I'm also a girl so I dunno. Personally, I'd be happy if they were both happy in that thoroughly hypothetical situation.

So am I, and I'd prefer my friends stayed away from my little sister, because ideally it would work out fine, but most relationships end, and it would make everything awkward afterwards. I'm also a bit protective of my little sister.

Conversely, if I had a brother, I wouldn't want friends dating him either, and I'd never date any of my friends' siblings. I've got too few close friends, and I wouldn't want to jeopardize the friendship.

Edited by Rezzy

So am I, and I'd prefer my friends stayed away from my little sister, because ideally it would work out fine, but most relationships end, and it would make everything awkward afterwards. I'm also a bit protective of my little sister.

I suppose that's true, but again, I don't want to stand between what could be perfectly happy... It's her choice, not mine. But, this is getting a tad off topic.

Soren: I really like how pragmatic you were when you were willing to die for your country.

Lucia: I have a thing for tacticians...

I'm sorry, I'm kidding.

Honestly, I would have liked Reyson to get an ending with both bird kings. He has a pretty big backstory with them.

I suppose that's true, but again, I don't want to stand between what could be perfectly happy... It's her choice, not mine. But, this is getting a tad off topic.

In an ideal world, but I've had too much experience with post-relationship fallout between friends, and it's my duty as the older one to watch after my little sis. Although it's a moot point now, seeing as we're both married, with children of our own.

Soren: I really like how pragmatic you were when you were willing to die for your country.

Lucia: I have a thing for tacticians...

I'm sorry, I'm kidding.

Honestly, I would have liked Reyson to get an ending with both bird kings. He has a pretty big backstory with them.

True on Reyson. I honestly don't remember which characters get paired endings in RD, since the gutted supports made me never really make an effort to pair units up, besides convenience.

For some reason, I've got the sudden urge to see Soren x Lucia fanart, or make some myself, if none exists. Maybe even Soren x Elincia, him becoming her master strategist, preventing any further rebellions from happening in the future. I honestly never had those pairings occur to me, but I do love Soren.

Priam can reclass to Myrmidon, so maybe Ike did end up with Mia? My guess is that if Ike ended with a female it was probably Aimee, she was the Tharja before Tharja existed.

Ike ran away any time Aimee tried to corner him, and Soren already confessed his undying love for Aimee, so she's taken.

I don't remember the actual age difference between Mist and Rolf, but I think I remember Mist being about the same age as Jill, who I think is 16 in PoR.

I don't know Rolf's age, he seems like he's 12, maybe 14 on the high end, if we're generous. Assuming Mist is 16 and Rolf 12, that's a pretty big age gap at that age. Once you get older, it's not so much, but the younger you are, the bigger 4 year's difference seems. When I was young and innocent, I was in a 3.5 year relationship difference at 17 and 20+, and even that was pushing it.

I guess they just get lumped together, because they're "the kids" of the Greil Mercenaries. Even Ike was only recently allowed to join battles, at 17 in PoR. Honestly, I love Rolf, but if it was up to me, I would have kept him far away from the frontlines. He's too young, but I guess he ran out on his own. Mist is taking more of a support role, at least.

Mist is indeed about the same age as Jill if not slightly younger (15/16), and Rolf is likely 14, so the age difference isn't too wide tbh

You guys have to remember that these are anime style kids, so most of the time they will look younger than what they actually are

Lucia is the older sibling. Dunno how old she is specifically though. I'd guess about 25 but she tells Janaff in their support that "Her father would not approve of her going out without a chaperone," So I have no clue. As for Soren, he is most likely 3 years older than Ike, so 20 in PoR and 23 in RD.

And to contribute to the topic...

Romantic:

Aran X Laura

Rhys X Mia

Rhys Titania

Jill X Mist

Heather X Nephenee

Rafiel X Nailah

Platonic:

Muarim X Tormod

Reyson X Naesala

Jill X Lethe

Rolf X Shinon

Ike X Mist

Shinon X Gatrie

Soren X Pelleas

Oscar X Kieran

Tormod X Sanaki

Lehran X Sanaki

Sanaki X Micaiah

Lehran X Micaiah

Micaiah X Pelleas

Either/Or:

Reyson X Tibarn

You guys have to remember that these are anime style kids, so most of the time they will look younger than what they actually are

Yeah, that's true, but I feel like FE isn't quite as big an offender here as some actual animes...

If I could add more paired endings in Radiant Dawn; it would be the following:

Laura x Aran: I'm not a fan of these two characters, but I was very surprised that they don't have a paired ending.

Rolf x Mist: I was not a fan of Boyd x Mist, but grew to like it after reading the supports in Path of Radiance (the Radiant Dawn ones are a joke). However, it was surprising that the game writers thought of Mist x Boyd and not Mist x Rolf (especially after reading their Path of Radiance supports), though it might be weird that Mist would have a choice between Boyd or his younger brother.

Oscar x Tanith: I don't know why, but after reading their supports I thought this one might happen.

And, last but not least:

Ike x Elincia: Back in April, I mentioned a bit about my opinion on this in the thread on the story of the Tellius Series. There I mentioned that I really did not like the ending they gave Ike in Radiant Dawn. It felt like it was written on a coffee break! Not only that, but I was not the biggest fan of Geoffery x Elincia. People talk about Micaiah and Sothe being too much like sister and brother, yet, in my opinion, Elincia and Geoffery seemed more brother and sister than Sothe and Micaiah (purely opinion, and I am autistic so I may have missed a few signs or interpreted them a different way). I was more a fan of the idea of Ike and Elincia.

Yeah, that's true, but I feel like FE isn't quite as big an offender here as some actual animes...

It tends to be a bit better, especially compared to works like Clannad, but the art styles are still pretty anime

Mist is indeed about the same age as Jill if not slightly younger (15/16), and Rolf is likely 14, so the age difference isn't too wide tbh

Lucia is the older sibling. Dunno how old she is specifically though. I'd guess about 25 but she tells Janaff in their support that "Her father would not approve of her going out without a chaperone," So I have no clue. As for Soren, he is most likely 3 years older than Ike, so 20 in PoR and 23 in RD.

And to contribute to the topic...

Romantic:

Aran X Laura

Rhys X Mia

Rhys Titania

Jill X Mist

Heather X Nephenee

Rafiel X Nailah

Platonic:

Muarim X Tormod

Reyson X Naesala

Jill X Lethe

Rolf X Shinon

Ike X Mist

Shinon X Gatrie

Soren X Pelleas

Oscar X Kieran

Tormod X Sanaki

Lehran X Sanaki

Sanaki X Micaiah

Lehran X Micaiah

Micaiah X Pelleas

Either/Or:

Reyson X Tibarn

I think Rolf's likely 12 in PoR, because in the intro scene to part 3 of RD, his voice still hasn't deepened, so that would make him 15 in RD, assuming he's a late bloomer, that's about the latest you'd expect a boy to go before hitting puberty. If he was 14 in PoR, he'd be 17 in RD, and he should have had a deeper voice by then. Mist I think is 15-16 in PoR and 18-19 in RD.

Lucia needed a chaperone likely has nothing to do with how old she is, but by how single she is. Proper ladies were expected to safeguard their virginity until marriage in medieval times, so it's likely referring to that. Being alone, unattended could lead to scandal, especially among nobles.

I'm curious why you think MistxJill is a romantic option. Nothing against it, I just never got romantic vibes from those two. I could even see maybe JillxLethe above MistxJill, (I do like to ship IkexSoren, but Priam made that more difficult.)

Likewise, HeatherxNephenee, but they never got a real support. (One thing that bothers me about Heather is her only character trait is that she's a lesbian. Not all strictly nonhetero people have that as their be-all for character. I don't walk up and say "Hi, I'm Rachel, I'm bisexual.")

I almost wish I could write for Nintendo, and say "Okay, you want a lesbian romance in your next game? Here, let me write it for you."

Edited by Rezzy

It tends to be a bit better, especially compared to works like Clannad, but the art styles are still pretty anime

Oh yeah, I'm aware. The only art style in FE that strikes me as very anime though, is Kozaki's. The others only give me a slight anime vibe.

Rezzy, I wouldn't rely much on the voice acting in Tellius, I find that RD Mist sounds younger than her PoR self. xP Also, Jason Adkins voiced all variations of Ike, including his child self in his memory scene. That voice did NOT sound like a kid. But don't really blame Adkins, I blame NoA for making him do it. He's a grown man with a man voice, he's going to have a lot of trouble voicing a child, no matter how good a VA he is.

Edited by Anacybele

Tormod/Sanaki is probably the only Tellius pairing that I originally supported for no other reason that they look cute together, but I eventually built a headcanon around them. I like to think that after Sothe and Micaiah get married and have their first child, they named Tormod and Sanaki as the godparents (or whatever the Fire Emblem equivalent of godparents is).

Rezzy, I wouldn't rely much on the voice acting in Tellius, I find that RD Mist sounds younger than her PoR self. xP Also, Jason Adkins voiced all variations of Ike, including his child self in his memory scene. That voice did NOT sound like a kid. But don't really blame Adkins, I blame NoA for making him do it. He's a grown man with a man voice, he's going to have a lot of trouble voicing a child, no matter how good a VA he is.

That seems to be a problem with a lot of early adolescent boy characters with voice acting in sequels. For example Genis Sage in Tales of Symphonia is 12 and has a high voice, in the sequel, which takes place 2 years later, he's still got a high voice, when it should have been deeper or at least cracking. I think it's even a different voice actor for the second game, so they don't have VA continuity as an excuse. They just seem to not want to let these kids "grow up" so to speak. It's not as big of a deal with girls, since an 18 year old girl with a higher voice isn't as jarring, since female voice changes in puberty are more subtle. But when they get these boys approaching voting age with still having these high voices, it makes it hard to believe they could plausibly be any older than 14 or so.

I think Rolf's likely 12 in PoR, because in the intro scene to part 3 of RD, his voice still hasn't deepened, so that would make him 15 in RD, assuming he's a late bloomer, that's about the latest you'd expect a boy to go before hitting puberty. If he was 14 in PoR, he'd be 17 in RD, and he should have had a deeper voice by then. Mist I think is 15-16 in PoR and 18-19 in RD.

Lucia needed a chaperone likely has nothing to do with how old she is, but by how single she is. Proper ladies were expected to safeguard their virginity until marriage in medieval times, so it's likely referring to that. Being alone, unattended could lead to scandal, especially among nobles.

I'm curious why you think MistxJill is a romantic option. Nothing against it, I just never got romantic vibes from those two. I could even see maybe JillxLethe above MistxJill, (I do like to ship IkexSoren, but Priam made that more difficult.)

Likewise, HeatherxNephenee, but they never got a real support. (One thing that bothers me about Heather is her only character trait is that she's a lesbian. Not all strictly nonhetero people have that as their be-all for character. I don't walk up and say "Hi, I'm Rachel, I'm bisexual.")

I almost wish I could write for Nintendo, and say "Okay, you want a lesbian romance in your next game? Here, let me write it for you."

Eh, him not sounding more grown up is purely the fault of his voice actress, Lani Minella. Her male voices are... pretty bad. She also voiced Micaiah, Mist, and Mia, as an extra bit of trivia.

I doubt that's the reason, since there's this bit in their A support:

Janaff: I hope you’ll be old enough to go out without a chaperon by then!
Lucia: I hope so as well.
This seems to imply that it is due to her age rather than keeping her "pure," especially since she has her relationship with Bastian.
As for Mist X Jill, most of my preference for them as a couple largely comes from their A support. I felt the bond they shared was really sweet and would have liked to see them as a couple. I thought about adding Jill X Lethe in the romantic pool, but for some reason I feel like they would be better as friends than lovers. Maybe I'm just weird ;p
(Priam doesn't make it at all difficult for me to ship Ike X Soren, personally~)
And for Heather, yeah, I'd love to fix her writing along with giving her an actual romantic ending, because dammit I want a lesbian character who is actual character, not some one-note piece of cardboard

Tormod/Sanaki is probably the only Tellius pairing that I originally supported for no other reason that they look cute together, but I eventually built a headcanon around them. I like to think that after Sothe and Micaiah get married and have their first child, they named Tormod and Sanaki as the godparents (or whatever the Fire Emblem equivalent of godparents is).

Personally I find their age gap to be a bit much for me to comfortably pair them (17/18* to 13 in RD), but I love their dynamic with each other so I thought a platonic ending would be best~

*Tormod claims in his support with Sothe that they are "about the same age" in PoR, so he's likely 14/15 as Sothe is 15

I actually think Janaff's age jabs are not because Lucia is particularly young as a beorc, but because he sees beorc ages as short in general. He makes a big point of it that he's over 100. Janaff also makes age jabs at Shinon, but Shinon is explicitly 27 in PoR according to the support with Janaff and that's not particularly young. Oscar is 24. We don't know what Lucia's age is but I actually think Lucia is just joking around at how old Janaff is compared to her. I've always seen Geoffrey, Lucia and Elincia as being at least older than Oscar/Kieran, who seem to be around the same age since they trained together. Elincia may be slightly younger, as she picked up a lot of what she knows from Lucia.

Weird, I always thought Rolf and Mist were the same age with Mist having a slight age gap advantage on being older. It doesn't help that their transition to Radiant Dawn their portraits barely change to show how much older they get but I thought they'd both entered 15 or at least 16 for Mist in RD. I'll also agree with the before puberty voice, Rolf has but it's pretty much an industry thing by now. He's the "kid" of the group just like Genis was so they'll opt for a VA (usually a female) to do their voices instead of contacting another VA or giving different vocal instructions in fear that the newer VA or instructions will make the character sound weird. It's usually after an 8 year gap or something that they get new voices if they were male child characters.

As for pairings, I'll say Zihark X Ilyana or something to the effect. I think they had something going with this since Zihark will never fight if used to strike Ilyana even if they have no support level in RD. It makes me wonder really.

I'll also say Laura X Aran because it felt like it'd happen but RD doing a nose dive on supports just kinda screwed anything in that department. The Cipher Trading Cards also gave me a small hint of something seeing as his title as a Halberdier is the Champion of Faith. Of course it's probably unrelated considering he also grew with the abbot with Laura for a while, but I'll take it if slim.

Edited by Raguna

I just want to make this clear since it's come up.

It's not that Ike/Mia comes about because 'Priam has to exist somehow', it's that, if you decide to use a named girl as opposed to 'random village girl', Mia comes out as the least unlikely of the women. She actually has a relationship with Ike (as opposed to, say, Ilyana who I don't think shares more than a few words with Ike in-game), she does spend a lot of time with him, she does wander the world (thusly becoming likely to find the gate on her own and go through to meet up with him or be able to tell her kid where their daddy went), she is probably the most likely person to learn Aether on her own (she's doubtless been on the receiving end a lot during sword training, seen it on the battlefield a lot, and the most sword-inclined of the GM's by far so she'd have the best chances), and so-forth.

It's not that Ike/Lethe can't happen and result in Priam. It's that Ike/Mia is the path of least resistance to Priam.

I wouldn't change anything because I think the fact that this game doesn't neatly pair everyone up and not everyone gets a really nice satisfying conclusion is fantastic, much the same way that it is fantastic in FE3.

C'est la vie.

Edited by Irysa

I don't remember Ike ever spending a lot of time with Mia and he definitely never had a relationship with her. Okay, yeah, they spar sometimes, but I'm sure Ike does that with some of the other mercenaries too. And Mia seems only interested in just that and nothing more. And Ike hardly seems interested in Mia at all. In fact, I feel like he doesn't really like sparring with her because he seemed to not want to at first in that one RD conversation, until Mia insisted.

I felt that Ike showed more interest in Lethe and Elincia, though this is partly due to their supports and the fact that his intended support with Mia was abandoned. And that's stretching it a bit since he doesn't show real interest in anyone at all. Both of those options are a bit problematic at the moment, but with some minor alterations, they'd be perfectly fine endings for Ike in a Tellius re-release.

So I honestly feel Mia is very unlikely and if anything, IS would say Ike married an unknown female. And I feel like if Mia wants to just travel around and fight others the way she does, having a family would make that problematic anyway. It would be hard for her to go battling people and care for a child at the same time.

You're free to your opinon, Snowy_One, but this is just the way I see it. I really hope Mia never becomes canon for him anyway, since I find it so unappealing (she's not cool or pretty to me at all. Lethe isn't exactly really attractive herself, but I do still find her kind of cute and awesome).

Edited by Anacybele

I don't remember Ike ever spending a lot of time with Mia and he definitely never had a relationship with her. Okay, yeah, they spar sometimes, but I'm sure Ike does that with some of the other mercenaries too. And Mia seems only interested in just that and nothing more. And Ike hardly seems interested in Mia at all. In fact, I feel like he doesn't really like sparring with her because he seemed to not want to at first in that one RD conversation, until Mia insisted.

I felt that Ike showed more interest in Lethe and Elincia, though this is partly due to their supports and the fact that his intended support with Mia was abandoned. And that's stretching it a bit since he doesn't show real interest in anyone at all. Both of those options are a bit problematic at the moment, but with some minor alterations, they'd be perfectly fine endings for Ike in a Tellius re-release.

So I honestly feel Mia is very unlikely and if anything, IS would say Ike married an unknown female. And I feel like if Mia wants to just travel around and fight others the way she does, having a family would make that problematic anyway. It would be hard for her to go battling people and care for a child at the same time.

You're free to your opinon, Snowy_One, but this is just the way I see it. I really hope Mia never becomes canon for him anyway, since I find it so unappealing (she's not cool or pretty to me at all. Lethe isn't exactly really attractive herself, but I do still find her kind of cute and awesome).

It's a bit more than 'I hope it's this way'.

Of the GM's, Ike could have spent excessive time with any, but only three are female. One is Mist, his sister, leaving two. Mia and Titania. Of these it is very possible he's developed feelings for Titania similar to that of a mother and, even if not, we know she stayed behind to run the GM's. So, of the three, Mist has a paired ending with Boyd and is his sister making her the least likely while we know Mia wandered about making her the most likely to find the gate. Additionally, as Mia did spar with Ike frequently, she's the most likely to have learned Aether as well as very likely to have gotten his sword once he left.

Of the non GM's, Elincia ends up married to Geoffry and any kid of hers, especially one whom came from Ike, would become immensely embroiled in court politics. Lethe is not impossible either, however nothing from the game suggests even a passing notion of Lethe being the ancestor while one can at least point to his affinity for swords as proof for Elincia and Mia.

The list goes on, but the long and short, of the named women, Mia simply is the least unlikely. If they decide to re-release it and claim it was Meg, that's their business and it trumps anything you or I could say or do. All we can do is focus on the theories.