Selkie - Builds (Birthright)

Hi

I just want to ask, what's the best I can take out of Selkie with Oboro as her mother.

Meaning in class and skillbuilds, I don't even mind looking for skills in another castles.

Selkie - Birthright (Chapter 21) - DLC Map Pack 1 available - Oboro (Mother) - Kaden (Father)

Have a nice day

I think she is really good as a Ninetails. For skills, I had Miracle on her because Sakura is her mother. On my valla one she had gamble because of Charlotte. I think both of these are really good skills on her

I would keep Selkie as a Nine-Tails since it makes her unique. With Oboro as a mother, she doesn't have much strength (45% growth), but she has a ton of speed (67.5% growth). Combined with the skills she gets from Oboro, she's great at weakening enemy units rather than killing them. Why not try something like this:

Oboro!Selkie @ Ninetails

- Seal Defense (Spear Fighter, inherits class from Oboro)

- Seal Speed (Spear Master, inherits class from Oboro)

- Seal Strength (Master of Arms, marry Hisame and use a Partner Seal)

- Poison Touch (Ninja, marry Asugi and use a Partner Seal)

- Grisly Wound (Nine-Tails)

Obviously, you will have to choose whether you want Selkie to marry Hisame or Asugi. Whoever you don't marry, you can probably buy their skill in another castle.

I had Mozu marry Kaden, and Asugi with Selkie. Kept her as Nine-Tails and had the skills:

Rend Heaven

Even Better

Beastbane

Even Handed

Aplitude until 20 (Quick Draw)

I would make Rinkah marry Kaden since Rinkah specializes in Def + Spd, so it should boost Selkie's growths in Def and Spd too, also having Rinkah as the mother for Selkie will give Selkie access to Death Blow allowing her to actually be able to finish off enemies rather than weaken them. If you don't want to do that you could then always visit my castle to buy death blow off my Selkie.

My Castle Address: 13192-03861-44996-07646

Mine has Aether (probably the best offensive skill in the game), Astra, Death Blow because of her high skill, Even Better and Galeforce.

Here's a nice build worth trying out:

Awakening is a good option because of her mediocre bulk, good skill and speed. Use the Beast Rune to get hit and make her become a critting dodge tank. However you'd have to swap Aether and Even Better with Lucky Seven and maybe Duelist's Blow.

While using the BeastStone+ with maxed speed and skill (which would be around 45 after the weapon bonus and statues) you'd get an avoid of 105 and a crit of 30. With Awakening, Duelist's Blow, Death Blow and Lucky Seven you'd end up with 155 avoid and 50 crit. This makes her untouchable in player phase and very hard to hit during enemy phase while boosting her crit to an insane level.

So

BeastStone+

Awakening

Duelist's Blow

Lucky Seven

Death Blow

Offensive Skill (Luna works well because her base damage isn't too high and she's guaranteed to double basically anything, also skill% activation rate)

Edited by Petersheikah

Mine has Aether (probably the best offensive skill in the game), Astra, Death Blow because of her high skill, Even Better and Galeforce.

Here's a nice build worth trying out:

Awakening is a good option because of her mediocre bulk, good skill and speed. Use the Beast Rune to get hit and make her become a critting dodge tank. However you'd have to swap Aether and Even Better with Lucky Seven and maybe Duelist's Blow.

While using the BeastStone+ with maxed speed and skill (which would be around 45 after the weapon bonus and statues) you'd get an avoid of 105 and a crit of 30. With Awakening, Duelist's Blow, Death Blow and Lucky Seven you'd end up with 155 avoid and 50 crit. This makes her untouchable in player phase and very hard to hit during enemy phase while boosting her crit to an insane level.

So

BeastStone+

Awakening

Duelist's Blow

Lucky Seven

Death Blow

Offensive Skill (Luna works well because her base damage isn't too high and she's guaranteed to double basically anything, also skill% activation rate)

But the Great Lord Seal would be wasted?

I've never seen a Selkie beating up the enemies like a monster.

A lot of people recommend that Selkie shall get the skills, that deals DoT (more like Damage per Round) to enemies around her.

But is it that good? What about the yolo Selkie that go with Astra, Aether, Lethality etc. ?

I can't decide what skills will be op on Selkie ...

Edited by Mira Vermilion

From what I remember, Oboro!Selkie is pretty good stat wise. Let's say you keep her a Ninetails.

RpoooHj.png

Personally I put skills on her that just made her annoying. Grisly Wound/Poison Strike/Deadly Breath (two or three of those) made her do a lot of damage when not fighting. I just had Grisly Wound and Deadly Breath. Then I think I had Lancebreaker, Even Better, and Renewal.

But that's just me.

I've never seen a Selkie beating up the enemies like a monster.

A lot of people recommend that Selkie shall get the skills, that deals DoT (more like Damage per Round) to enemies around her.

But is it that good? What about the yolo Selkie that go with Astra, Aether, Lethality etc. ?

I can't decide what skills will be op on Selkie ...

I'm not sure, I just feel like it's quite a waste. I've never had problems with killing enemies as long as a unit has enough offensive skills. With that huge skill boost from the BeastStone+ I feel like Astra/Aether based builds could work very well, she also gets the Basara class from her father to get that Quixotic. It'd destroy her potential as an avoid tank but she'd proc skills extremely often.

• 1 year later...