Portrait Functionality Question

George Reds

So, I've finally understood how to edit the portraits and load them into the game, but I've noticed every character has a different possition for the blinking and the talking animations. How do I program this?

Just drag your face sprite's eye and mouth frames in the portrait viewer to match your new face sprite and they should click into place.

It should be noted that the movement for the frames is 8 pixels each, both horizontal and vertical. If they don't match up, you'll need to realign the frames before inserting and try again.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fxpd982v3qsrngv/Portrait%20Mouth%20Eyes%20Format.png?dl=0

Line up the upper left corners of the mouth and eye frames with the correct X and Y coordinates. Those are the ones you use in the macro for EA, if you're installing that way.

#define setMugEntry(mugEntry, mugLocation, mouthX, mouthY, eyeX, eyeY) "PUSH; ORG PortraitTable+mugEntry*0x1C; POIN mugLocation; POIN mugLocation+0x1624; POIN mugLocation+0x1604; POIN mugLocation+0x1004; WORD 0x00000000; BYTE mouthX mouthY eyeX eyeY; WORD 0x01; POP"