idea: Random PMU?

Michelaar

Hello, I have a new idea for a different type of PMU. i want to hear you guys' thoughts.

The idea in short is that you put up a topic just like other PMU's and that people randomize the units you will use. What this means, is that if you do a Revelation random PMU, the person choosing for you puts all characters in a list, and then roll. The character that is number 1 on the list, will be the person that the PMU player is going to use. But wait, you're not done yet! The class will also be randomized. Every available class for that particular character (including dlc if the challenger said he will be using dlc) will be put on a list and the class on number 1 will be the class of the character that you rolled earlier. This site will be used for this: https://www.random.org/lists/

I can't do it myself just yet, because I;m going on a holiday soon, but I will try to get around to do this after the summer. What do you guys think?

This is already a thing. I did one before, so did my friend and other people who were in the thread.

The only difference is that YOU randomized your units, so its not really a PMU.

There was a topic for this... probably like 2-3 months ago.

I'd love to see it make a comeback.

Edited by TrueEm

I think you should finish up your current PMU first. As for actual randomization, I prefer something even MORE random - use the first X units that gain (some number) of stats or higher on level-up. That way, you won't know the pool of characters you have. It forces some. . .interesting choices.

Here's how it works:

1. Use a unit until he/she levels up.

2. In the GBA game, I set the number to four. So if a character got three stats or less on their first level, they were benched. Any unit that got four or more stats on their first level was used, permanently. I exempted the main lord, since he/she had to be there, always.

3. By building your team this way, it's impossible to tell who you'll get, so trying to plan things like children becomes a lot more interesting/painful.