Favorite to least favorite FEs?

Sequitur

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1) Path of Radiance - best story, great characters, animations are a bit slow and awkward but to me that's part of its charm.

2) Radiant Dawn - while lacking in character development, the gameplay is very nice. And while the first 3 parts being separated annoys me gameplaywise, it gives the story a very nice touch. Also, it further lays out the world of my favorite game, that's always a plus.

3) Awakening - I can't believe this one is in my top 3. I hate this game so much for its character designs, making FE into a dating sim and its mediocre story. But I love the playing around with skills and stats, no matter how unbalanced the game becomes because of it. And all the additional content is pretty cool too (like recruiting the Greil Mercenaries and playing the game with them =P )

4) Sacred Stones - Story is one of the worst, but the characters are awesome so I don't care. Branched promotions are pretty cool too. Also; Lute

5) Sword of Seals - Now that I know where the enemies spawn, the reinforcements moving immediately after spawning no longer ruin this game for me. It has some fun characters and one of the best stories, giving it a steady 5th place in my book.

6) Blazing Sword - For some reason most of the characters just don't do it for me, and while the story is fairly good, it just doesn't pull me in enough. The 3 forced lords somehow ruins the game for me too.

7) New Mystery - Good game, I liked the my unit, support system was interesting. No idea why it's this low on my list. I guess it's a combo of the game being for DS and the fact it builds further on my least favorite FE game.

8) Shadow Dragon - No character development, story wasn't very interesting. It's Fire Emblem, that's the only good thing about it.

The Sacred Stones

Fates: Conquest

Blazing Sword

Awakening

Binding Blade

SS and CQ are my absolute favorites and the rest could be in any order. I've enjoyed playing each of them immensely.

I haven't played Fates: Birthright and Shadow Dragon enough to say where I'd put them.

1. Tokyo Mirage Sessions #FE

2. Awakening

3. Radiant Dawn

4. Path of Radiance

5. Fates: Birthright

6. Genealogy of the Holy War

7. Sacred Stones

8. Shadow Dragon

9. Thracia 776

10. Fates: Conquest

11. Binding Blade

12. Blazing Sword

13-17. Dark Dragon/Gaiden/New Mystery/Fates: Revelation (haven't played lol)

FE 5 (maybe): I haven't finished it yet, but from what i played it is bloody amazing, i love the capture mechanic, fatigue, the level design, the atmosphere and the soundtrack. Pretty much everything.

FE 4: Most imbalanced Fire Emblem game, game-play wise, love the story and most of the villains, and I love the way weapons and money work in this game. I also love the large open ended maps, but that's just me. Also amazing soundtrack, second only to tellius series.

FE 12: Criminally underrated soundtrack , i adore this game, best level design and enemy placement in the series. Anti-turtling, smart use of terrain and enemy placement. Though out of all the FE games, this game has undoubtedly the worse unit balance in any fire emblem game.

FE 9 and 10 Tellius Series: I can't see playing one game without the other, the Tellius saga is just epic and awesome with Path of Radiance having a great story but mediocre game-play and Radiant Dawn having a mediocre story with kick ass gameplay. Also best soundtrack in the series, i just love the remake of the song from Chapter 10 of FE 4

Fates Conquest: A new Fire Emblem game I actually like! Shit story but above average level design that, unlike Revelations and Birthright, encourage the player to not turtle. Unit balance is also way better than most other Fire Emblem games. Also lamer classes such as the Archers, Thieves and Armor Knights have been buffed and are way more useful than in previous games.

FE 6: basically a watered down version of Thracia 776 (from what i played of that game)

FE 7: meh, I like the story though

Awakening: I like some of the supports and I like some of the characters. Level design is bad, but it is on the borderline on what can count as an enjoyable experience. Story is also bad but not as bad as conquest or a certain other game.

FE 8: See Fe 7

FE 3/Book2, Shadow Dragon and Fe1: I cannot play these games whatsoever. Maybe if i force myself i can play Shadow Dragon.

Fates Birthroute: Bleh

Revelations: Kinda ruins the whole premise fates. You can't come to terms with fighting your own family? Well you can pay 20 bucks to skip the entire reason why the story of Conquest and Birthright's story wasn't utter shit! Terrible Level design that rewards turtling and a story that is somehow worse than conquest, with cheesiest ending in an FE game ever. Yeah i'm being a bit harsh but thats how much i hate this game.

FE 8: See Fe 7

Edited by Valkarian

FE12: Poorly balanced, but not to the extent the original was.

FE13: got me to the point where I could muster the courage to finish earlier titles

FE8: The best story of FEs I own, solid gameplay.

FE7: Simpler story, a little bit harder than FE8.

FE11: Less forgiving than FE12. Also, Gaiden locks.

FE14C: I like this game, but the others I've played are better.

FE4: Project Naga is the only reason I'm playing this. I would avoid it otherwise.