Worst GBA FE Chapter

HHM only gives you one unit in addition to Hector on this map, so this doesn't work. Regardless, the map isn't very interesting to play, you get to field one overpowered unit and one decent one (= Hector), and the treasure is pretty irrelevant, so it's just a boring chapter. I wouldn't call it the worst one because of that, just bad (which doesn't make it much of an outlier because I find that bad sums up the overall quality of FE7's maps).

Wow, and The Berserker doesn't allow you to bring Oswin

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FE6, Chapter 16x: The pinnacle of light. The light arrows were annoying and berserk makes things worse.

Honestly never really found Arcadia that bad. FE7 Chapter 28 gets an honorable mention for disappearing tiles as does the one from FE6, 14x.

FE6, Chapter 16x: The pinnacle of light. The light arrows were annoying and berserk makes things worse.

Honestly never really found Arcadia that bad. FE7 Chapter 28 gets an honorable mention for disappearing tiles as does the one from FE6, 14x.

FE7 Chapter 28 (In Hector Mode) is BBD

28x is Night of Farewells (I like all but 2 of FE6's Gaiden Chapters, those 2 being The Blazing Sword and the Axe of Lightning) and I like Night of Farewells

• 3 weeks later...

FE 6, chapter 7 shit ton of enemy units. Jerrot and Treck are fodder if Roy doesnt ttalk to them in turn 3. Fuck, that chapter

FE 7, the level when you get Pent. Not hard just Pent takes all the experience so, hard to get the gaiden chapter.

Cog of Destiny (Lylod), The two female Druids at the top making my units fall asleep in the middle of a war. The level where Jaffar has to face a shit ton of Swordreavers and survive. You need blessings to keep Jaffar alive. Or just use your 5 Paladins to get to him. Use Pents phychic to keep Nino alive or Jaffar alive.

FE 8, there is none. Seth and Eirika together can pretty much do the whole game for you.

Ghost Ship, keeping L'archel alive is a little annoying but, you have two or three paladins at that point, you'll be fine.

Chapter 21 of Binding Blade - AKA Welcome to Wyvern Hell. Fliers are almost impossible to defend against, particularly on a large outdoor map with thickets and mountains. The reinforcements are ambush-type, and sometimes they'll just sit around your bulkier units instead of attacking and getting killed. The ending shrine is specifically oriented to cost turns and let the sage Bolting you. The music is great, and I like how it features Gale, but it's one of the few chapters that I find more frustrating than fun.

Chapter 21 of Binding Blade - AKA Welcome to Wyvern Hell. Fliers are almost impossible to defend against, particularly on a large outdoor map with thickets and mountains. The reinforcements are ambush-type, and sometimes they'll just sit around your bulkier units instead of attacking and getting killed. The ending shrine is specifically oriented to cost turns and let the sage Bolting you. The music is great, and I like how it features Gale, but it's one of the few chapters that I find more frustrating than fun.

And that's exactly why I always Warp skip it. If your Rutger/Dieck/whatever other sword user can kill Murdock in 2 turns (with the Durandal, obvs), you're good to go.

If you can't Warp skip, then...yeah, it's easily the most aggravating chapter in FE6 next to Arcadia.

Edited by MathMagoo12

Anything with Fog of War.

I just despise it - it encourages turtling and if you decide to take a risk you get ambushed. It's different in Advance Wars because your units are replaceable, but it has no place in Fire Emblem outside of Defend missions I feel.

Edited by RiggyRob

Probably just Arcadia on Hard Mode or Battle Before Dawn HHM.

I've always loved Cog of Destiny for whatever reason. Just the layout of the map, the satisfying boss, getting a Warp all makes it pretty good. Plus the main lord getting their long awaited promotion is nice. I feel like it's a fair difficulty.

Sword of Seals (Wyvern City) [The Chapter] was really annoying when I first played it, not too bad on subsequent playthroughs, I love FE6's OST, so saying I like its music is really saying nothing, however Beneath a New Light is my favourite song in FE6, which is saying something

The one where Treck dies every time.

Lol, your response

Anyways, Rebellion at Ostia was never that bad for me, although I never have played it in Hard Mode

Any map with rain...... ANY MAP WITH RAIN.

I HATE RAIN, THAT MECHANIC IS PROBABLY THE WORST THING SPECIFICALLY IN FE7

Anything with Fog of War.

I just despise it - it encourages turtling and if you decide to take a risk you get ambushed. It's different in Advance Wars because your units are replaceable, but it has no place in Fire Emblem outside of Defend missions I feel.

And how the AI isn't affected by FOW, I only hate it slightly less than rain

Probably just Arcadia on Hard Mode or Battle Before Dawn HHM.

I've always loved Cog of Destiny for whatever reason. Just the layout of the map, the satisfying boss, getting a Warp all makes it pretty good. Plus the main lord getting their long awaited promotion is nice. I feel like it's a fair difficulty.

I've never played Arcadia on HM, but when I do, I will hate my life for like 5 hours (hate it enough on NM) and I've never played BBD on HHM and I don't hate that chapter, that chapter is kind of fun

FE 6, chapter 7 shit ton of enemy units. Jerrot and Treck are fodder if Roy doesnt ttalk to them in turn 3. Fuck, that chapter

FE 7, the level when you get Pent. Not hard just Pent takes all the experience so, hard to get the gaiden chapter.

Cog of Destiny (Lylod), The two female Druids at the top making my units fall asleep in the middle of a war. The level where Jaffar has to face a shit ton of Swordreavers and survive. You need blessings to keep Jaffar alive. Or just use your 5 Paladins to get to him. Use Pents phychic to keep Nino alive or Jaffar alive.

FE 8, there is none. Seth and Eirika together can pretty much do the whole game for you.

Ghost Ship, keeping L'archel alive is a little annoying but, you have two or three paladins at that point, you'll be fine.

You don't get Pent in the desert chapter, as I feel like that's the one you're referencing (I wish you got Pent there since Pent best Sage) about 50 Hit Rate against Jaffar is higher than normal, but as long as he dodges enough, he'll be fine