Sonic General - Sonic Mania+ is 5$ for those who own Mania

Jedi

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is probably the worst thing since the creation of Secret Rings. 

Although Forces still looks good despite this garbage addition.

2 minutes ago, Jedi said:

This is probably the worst thing since the creation of Secret Rings. 

Although Forces still looks good despite this garbage addition.

That Secret Rings soundtrack tho.

Not sure how to feel about this addition, it's... odd.

1 minute ago, Tsunami922 said:

That Secret Rings soundtrack tho.

Not sure how to feel about this addition, it's... odd.

Oh yeah I love "Let the Speed Mend it"

I'm sure i'll warm up to it, its just... why.

i wasn't sure that i was going to get this game, but now that i've learned i can ironically play as coldsteel the edgehog i'm 200% sold

3 minutes ago, Euklyd said:

i wasn't sure that i was going to get this game, but now that i've learned i can ironically play as coldsteel the edgehog i'm 200% sold

i concur

tbh I'm guessing the guys running the sonic twitter will probably make him themselves and put it in a tweet

[my name] + the hedgehog is now canon, yay

I mean, I think I wouldn't complain if it was in any other fandom that is not called Sonic, but I have allergic reactions to most fanchars (rightly so, fanboys be damned) and the idea seems awful even though it makes sense in a business view (self inserts are becoming very popular). I think I'll get used to it eventually.

Honestly... I like this. Having two characters who play a bit differently without changing how the game is played entirely is great. I just wished Classic Sonic wasn't here, he feels really shoehorned and will probably make the game feel less focused as a whole and Sonic Mania is being advertised at the same time as this game I don't see the point here. In other news, some gameplay:

Everyone's going on about Original the Character and here I am just wondering when we can get the full song for this level.

47 minutes ago, SecondWorld said:

Honestly... I like this. Having two characters who play a bit differently without changing how the game is played entirely is great. I just wished Classic Sonic wasn't here, he feels really shoehorned and will probably make the game feel less focused as a whole and Sonic Mania is being advertised at the same time as this game I don't see the point here. In other news, some gameplay:

Everyone's going on about Original the Character and here I am just wondering when we can get the full song for this level.

The song reminds me of Persona for some reason vaguely. 

1 hour ago, Rapier said:

[my name] + the hedgehog is now canon, yay

I mean, I think I wouldn't complain if it was in any other fandom that is not called Sonic, but I have allergic reactions to most fanchars (rightly so, fanboys be damned) and the idea seems awful even though it makes sense in a business view (self inserts are becoming very popular). I think I'll get used to it eventually.

It makes alot of sense considering the demographic Sonic aims for is kids and well making your own character for some reason is super popular these days, eventhough it has yet to actually ever be done fully correct. 

1 hour ago, Euklyd said:

This did the reverse, it killed the hype i had for another Generations styled game almost entirely.

2 hours ago, Jedi said:

The song reminds me of Persona for some reason vaguely. 

idk about purse owner but it doesn't sound like any sonic music I'm used to

i don't see why this is hype-killing tbh, it's not like the gameplay is going to be worse for it?

that being said I agree with jedi that sonic mania is sounding way more hype rn after the latest amazing trailer

Edited by Euklyd

1 minute ago, Euklyd said:

i don't see why this is hype-killing tbh, it's not like the gameplay is going to be worse for it?

I just have an unnatural dislike for Create a Characters in general honestly, except in games where like the MC has to be one, see like Fallout and stuff.

2 hours ago, SecondWorld said:

Personally I tend to enjoy character creators, and really any problems I might have are negated by Kamina shades:

d860cceff6.png

Your spindash is the spindash that will pierce the heavens.

Ok that makes this somewhat more tolerable. 

• Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
  • Rabbit – Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
  • Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
  • Dog – Restarts with five rings after the player dies
  • Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
  • Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
  • Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged

The slight variations for each character type give me even more Dragon Ball Xenoverse vibes from the custom character. I'll probably go with a bird character for the double jump. Also I find it odd that the hedgehog doesn't have the homing attack, instead it's with the bear, of all things.

6 minutes ago, SecondWorld said:

The slight variations for each character type give me even more Dragon Ball Xenoverse vibes from the custom character. I'll probably go with a bird character for the double jump. Also I find it odd that the hedgehog doesn't have the homing attack, instead it's with the bear, of all things.

I guess we just gotta Bear with it 

I'd probably go with a Wolf considering favorite animal and I like my electric shields. Or a bunny just to make Bunnie in an actual Sonic game.

Edited by Jedi

I blame Awakening

Not going to lie, as an outsider of the series, this is hilarious. Although, they are actually thinking about the gameplay side of it by making stuff like the species choice matter, and silly as it was in the opening trailer with tying up 3 robots like in Empire Strikes back, they might actually use something like that in this game and it could be good enough to convince me to pick it up.

(Course, we all know someone will try to make Sonichu. It's destiny at this point.)

7 hours ago, Jedi said:

I just have an unnatural dislike for Create a Characters in general honestly, except in games where like the MC has to be one, see like Fallout and stuff.

.....I thought you like Xenoverse?

Jokes aside, this sounds like a microtransaction wet dream with the costumization. That's what really worries me. It will be oh-so-easy for SEGA to squeez as much money as possible, disguised under "cosmetic DLC".

Edited by Sarcopathic

7 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

.....I thought you like Xenoverse?

I like Xenoverse, but I dislike the fact that you have to make an original character to play it.

21 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I like Xenoverse, but I dislike the fact that you have to make an original character to play it.

Fair enough. Personally, I can't say I like create-a-characters in games like FE 12 to 14 and Xenoblade X, but I personally don't hate them enough to be turned off by those games. So I feel like I wouldn't think much of it in Forces....

I listened to the BSC discussion of it yesterday, and I kind of agree with what Lewis was saying that the gameplay looks like what Generations was doing with the skill shop system, but more focus is going towards it. And from the little gameplay that was shown, it looks decent in my opinion.