Sonic General - Sonic Mania+ is 5$ for those who own Mania

Jedi

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 hours ago, Ronnie said:

Call me ignorant but is this a positive or negative thing?

For those who wanted to know all the Zones its a good thing and such.Ā 

Also the opening is upĀ 

Ā 

Edited by Jedi

Sonic Mania is exclusively delayed for the PC port. If you wish to get the game, you have to wait til the 29th. If you are one of the people who preordered it, like I was. You get Sonic 1. Which if you're a sonic fan, you have. Either through itself, a compilation, or Sonic Generations.

Ā 

Oh and if you own Sonic 1 on steam, you get it anyhow, to give away to someone.

Edited by Thran Starcrod

10 hours ago, Thran Starcrod said:

Sonic Mania is exclusively delayed for the PC port. If you wish to get the game, you have to wait til the 29th. If you are one of the people who preordered it, like I was. You get Sonic 1. Which if you're a sonic fan, you have. Either through itself, a compilation, or Sonic Generations.

Ā 

Oh and if you own Sonic 1 on steam, you get it anyhow, to give away to someone.

Yeah its DRM issues or something weird.

So I have to wait 14 days, but what does everyone else think? I've heard nothing but rave things from the Sonic community.Ā 

Ā 

Edited by Jedi

On 8/15/2017 at 1:29 PM, Jedi said:

So I have to wait 14 days, but what does everyone else think? I've heard nothing but rave things from the Sonic community.Ā 

Ā 

Fucking great. I am not going to spoil anything, but I think it is the 2ndĀ boss of Chemical PlantĀ where I was like "They have this as a boss fight?? That is awesome!"

I suck ass at the blue sphere stages, I haven't found that damn 1st chaos emerald

Edited by DarkDestr0yer61

Well I finished my Sonic & Tails combo playthrough. Ā I'm doing my knuckles playthrough right now.

All I can say is, I had a big smile for the entire playthrough. Ā It's a lot of fun and the right difficulty. Ā As someone who played a lot of 2D Sonic mania does a fantastic job of balancing the different routes you can take in this game and there is still a lot of fun routes you can take that can really influence the game significantly if you replay it a lot.

My gripe like many people is that it would be nice if they attempted more original themes and aesthetics because the best levels in this game are the new levels. Ā But that's a minor thing. Ā The overall package is well worth the price you're paying for the game. Ā It's obviously a game made with a lot of love.

No need to worry about random plot, obscure high difficulty climbs. Ā This is pure Sonic fun and I look forward to continue replaying the game.

While I haven't played Sonic Mania I have seen gameplay. I love the referances to Daytona USA, Mean Bean Machine and After Burner. I also like how the train in the background during the miniboss in Studiopolis has the words CPU and COPE on the side. I really love how Oil Ocean and Lava Reef are one after the other, those two are my favorite stages from the classic trilogy. I think Press Garden Act 2 has the best aesthetics and Titanic Monarch Act 2 has the best theme.

I'm also anxious for Tuesday, but I also want my weekend to stick a bit longer. Sonic Mania and college are playing tug of war with me right now lol

Hey, I hope SEGA realizes how games like Mania are welcome to the fans and sell well, then gives Taxman the greenlight for another game. If this becomes a branch Sonic series, I think I'll finally return to liking Sonic as I did back during the classic and Adventures' time.

Ā 

Double-post to say IT IS FINALLY HERE.

I played for roughly one hour and I can say I'm loving every second of it.

Also, as a tip, if you want to use Sonic's Drop Dash ability, hold the action button (I think it is A in the keyboard, X in the PS4 controller and Y in the Xbox controller) while in midair.

Edited by Rapier

I can't play it. It says that I'm missing a DLL file. Which I can't install. Because I need updates. Which I CAN'T INSTALL. Because I need prerequisite updates. WHICH NATURALLY I CAN'T INSTALL!

It's great. I've gotten through maybe six or seven stages at this point, and aside from one or two "was that really necessary?" moments, it's been incredibly fun so far. Ā The bosses in particular have been a joy to fight, although one or two overstayed their welcome just a smidge. Of theĀ Sonic games I've played (1-3, Knuckles, 3D Blast, and Adventure 2) it's definitely my new favorite, at least.

Edited by AzureSen