Sonic General - Sonic Mania+ is 5$ for those who own Mania

Jedi

I feel like $40 is pretty reasonable for a 3D game. I'm not sure if it truly counts as an AAA game, but it's certainly big name. We've just been spoiled because Mania is a steal of a deal.

Sadly I live in Canada though so watch that price skyrocket.

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

At last, Forces now has a bonus edition that you'll never see coming:

gf1g00pzc3jz.jpg

Now you can make original characters that are based on other, non-original characters.

Wow this is actually a neat thing, I like the controller.

Also in Mania those wondering what the coolness bonus is for. It's how many times you get hit minus 1000, starting at 10000

25a06898cecec1809a3662cb2ebe8237.png

Edited by Jedi

8 hours ago, BrightBow said:

This Resistance looks surprisingly organized. Maybe the Sonic Fighting Academy is now actually canon as well.

Reminds me alot of SatAM, in fact the entire premise reminds me tons of SatAM the more I see of it. 

4 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

It's good to see Sonic's friends get screen time. Also this sounds so surreal in Japanese

Every time I heard Sonic say "Aibou" I was reminded of Yugioh hahaha.

2 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

I've never seen SatAM.... is this a good thing? The premise, that is

Considering tons of people loved SatAm and have always wanted a game with a similar premise. Yes

It's nice to see the plot taking itself seriously for a change. Say what you will about the previous plots, but I always liked Adventure and Adventure 2's emphasis on the story.

And I guess it's confirmed that Infinite is Eggman's very own Sonic OC?

On 9/15/2017 at 7:28 AM, Lightchao42 said:

It's nice to see the plot taking itself seriously for a change. Say what you will about the previous plots, but I always liked Adventure and Adventure 2's emphasis on the story.

And I guess it's confirmed that Infinite is Eggman's very own Sonic OC?

You're not alone in that, a lot of people like when Sonic does more serious stuff, the comics fans in particular are fans of it.

18 hours ago, VmmVaa said:

Gotta join in on the Shadow hype. Here's hoping for more of these "episode" thingies.

Also, apparently, the Sonic reddit seems to have found the next "& Knuckles".

Haha those are nice, and yeah its really cool to see Shadow playable and I would be totally for an Episode Tails, Knuckles, etc.

Only 99% of the earth? What's with the remaining 1% then? I would have figured that the resistance would be in hiding somewhere and not really controlling any actual territory.

Anyway, Knuckles as the leader is definitely a good call. Sonic is usually to much of a free spirit to lead anything. Guess that means there is no Sonic Fighting Academy or Sonic Military after all though.

This kinda reminds me of the first Sonic Rush. Or to be more precise, this seems very unlike Sonic Rush. I mean, in that game they introduced Blaze, who is basically an alternate universe counterpart to Knuckles, being a very serious and devoted loner who is the guardian of the Sol Emeralds. So naturally Knuckles didn't actually do anything in that story. The one who had to kickstart Blaze's character development just had to be Sonic, even though the two of them really don't have anything in common and Sonic just looked all kinds of awkward in that role.

Long story short: It's nice that it seems like they avoid that here and put Knuckles somewhere where he makes sense.

Edited by BrightBow

This is making me wonder just how much the game is gonna start off being Classic & The Avatar character, because it sounds like Modern Sonic is missing.

And i'm also very glad Knuckles is the leader, I hope the other characters get cool roles too.

Edited by Jedi

So when Eggman says that he took over 99% the world, does he mean 99% civilization or 99% of the entire Earth? Would Antarctica and the oceans be counted? Or maybe Eggman just decided to make up an impressive sounding percentage, which considering his personality seems likely.

I'm glad Knuckles is getting a big role since he's just been comic relief for the past few years, what with the Master Emerald not being important since Adventure 2 and all.

Edited by Lightchao42

7 hours ago, Lightchao42 said:

I'm glad Knuckles is getting a big role since he's just been comic relief for the past few years, what with the Master Emerald not being important since Adventure 2 and all.

Past few? Try around 16 haha.