Sonic General - Sonic Mania+ is 5$ for those who own Mania

Jedi

10 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Fair enough. Personally, I can't say I like create-a-characters in games like FE 12 to 14 and Xenoblade X, but I personally don't hate them enough to be turned off by those games. So I feel like I wouldn't think much of it in Forces....

I listened to the BSC discussion of it yesterday, and I kind of agree with what Lewis was saying that the gameplay looks like what Generations was doing with the skill shop system, but more focus is going towards it. And from the little gameplay that was shown, it looks decent in my opinion. 

I was just about to Link that 

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/17/2017 at 3:20 AM, SecondWorld said:
  • Wolf – Automatically draws in rings when near them
  • Rabbit – Has longer invincible time after receiving damage
  • Cat – Keeps one ring after being hit
  • Dog – Restarts with five rings after the player dies
  • Bear – Blows away enemies with a homing attack
  • Bird – Flies high with double jump abilities
  • Hedgehog – Collects rings when getting damaged

From the looks of the custom character species traits. If you're a true Sonic pro, only Bird and Bear matter for you. Getting hit/killed is for the less experienced. Wolf may have some utility if you really need to collect rings for some reason. 

If non Bird/Bear characters lack a double jump and or homing attack completely, then this may seriously affect level design. BB might break stages at certain points, or their abilities might be very weak and very unneeded. It'll take conscious effort to avoid either extreme.

44 minutes ago, Interdimensional Observer said:

From the looks of the custom character species traits. If you're a true Sonic pro, only Bird and Bear matter for you. Getting hit/killed is for the less experienced. Wolf may have some utility if you really need to collect rings for some reason. 

If non Bird/Bear characters lack a double jump and or homing attack completely, then this may seriously affect level design. BB might break stages at certain points, or their abilities might be very weak and very unneeded. It'll take conscious effort to avoid either extreme.

Thats why the gadgets exist I assume so you can take routes that you'd usually need a homing attack for.

2 minutes ago, FrostyFireMage said:

Weird how this is the first time bears and wolves have been shown in the Sonic canon universe

Bark the Polar Bear. Who even made a cameo in Generations is a thing. 

If you count the Comics at all theres Lupe. (Yeah i'm aware you said canon universe now haha).

2 hours ago, FrostyFireMage said:

Weird how this is the first time bears and wolves have been shown in the Sonic canon universe

Uh... the werehog?

Also, I kind of miss a Sonic the Fighters 2. That game was fun. So were the Sonic racing games. Sonic R was crappy (but I loved it as a kid), but the general idea is good, they could make something better with it.

2 hours ago, Tonton said:

August 15 date confirmed and digital pre order now availble for $17.99/17.99€/£13.49 (for Steam at least, not sure on price on other digital storefronts)

Holy shit, this looks good. Also sub-$20 isn't a bad price

On 5/24/2017 at 1:51 AM, Interdimensional Observer said:

After the Wolf lands from the grapple point in front of the badniks along the giant "stairs", you can see him grappling directly onto two of them (and destroying them), so presumably you'll still have access to a form of the Homing Attack for enemy-based platforming, it just won't maintain momentum as a traditional Homing Attack would.

From the information available so far, what animal do you think you'll make first?

5 hours ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Holy shit, this looks good. Also sub-$20 isn't a bad price

I already bought it. Haha

10 minutes ago, Jedi said:

I already bought it. Haha

Nice!

I kind of want to get it on Steam, personally, but I don't have a gaming pc built yet and that probably won't happen till December D: So I will probably get it on PS4 on release or wait and get it on Steam

On 30/05/2017 at 10:11 PM, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

Nice!

I kind of want to get it on Steam, personally, but I don't have a gaming pc built yet and that probably won't happen till December D: So I will probably get it on PS4 on release or wait and get it on Steam

lol, do you even need a gaming pc for Sonic Mania?

Also, I'd buy it now but I'll wait a bit until next month. While not expensive here, it costs 32 bucks (which is still better than the "dollar = 2x my currency" ratio, but it still sucks) and I don't have much money right now.

I'd shit bricks if they recycled a level from Sonic 3D Blast (aka that game no one cares about but that I really loved as a kid), like Diamond Dust, but I guess it's too late now.

20 hours ago, Rapier said:

I'd shit bricks if they recycled a level from Sonic 3D Blast (aka that game no one cares about but that I really loved as a kid), like Diamond Dust, but I guess it's too late now.

I'd want Rusty Ruin just for a remix of the Saturn themes haha.

Got some Gameplay here:

So we got Egg Dragoon of all things being an early game boss and Sonic Colors-styled boost mechanics, which probably means no boosting all the time unless there are more boost wisps in levels than there were in Colors. Also Holiday release apparently, though I honestly don't remember if we already knew that or not, haha.

And continuing the trend of late-game bosses being turned into early game bosses:

Got some Gameplay here:

So we got Egg Dragoon of all things being an early game boss and Sonic Colors-styled boost mechanics, which probably means no boosting all the time unless there are more boost wisps in levels than there were in Colors. Also Holiday release apparently, though I honestly don't remember if we already knew that or not, haha.

And continuing the trend of late-game bosses being turned into early game bosses:

4 minutes ago, DarkDestr0yer61 said:

The "hypeman" was a bit cringeworthy, but Forces is looking good so far imo. And of course Mania looks great

I like how Eggman is going like "screw this crap i'm gunning him down early" in both.