Jedi's Playthroughs: Bleed 2 S Rank run & another game too.

Jedi

So um, if I may ask, what kind of games do you guys wanna see from me, be it genre or a series, maybe even a particular game (although it highly depends). Like i'm open to suggestions, but don't be offended if I don't take one, because I do have to consider time/knowledge of the game etc.

I do intend to ironman FE's 3 through 12, EVENTUALLY. So no worries if you do like FE, those will keep happening. I have some ideas in the the back of my mind that I may share with you all in a bit, but I was curious, what you all would like to see. Because I mean you do watch my stuff ^^;

Edited by Jedi

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So um, if I may ask, what kind of games do you guys wanna see from me, be it genre or a series, maybe even a particular game (although it highly depends). Like i'm open to suggestions, but don't be offended if I don't take one, because I do have to consider time/knowledge of the game etc.

I do intend to ironman FE's 3 through 12, EVENTUALLY. So no worries if you do like FE, those will keep happening. I have some ideas in the the back of my mind that I may share with you all in a bit, but I was curious.

Sonic Boom LP do it

There is something i'd like to address, for those of you who do have Youtube accounts as well and watch my videos whenever you do, hitting like or putting a comment on the video goes a long way for someone as small and unestablished as me, It's a little odd to me when someone says they enjoyed a video or what they are seeing and I don't see anything from my accounts end on the video in question signifying or showing this, its mildly irritating (I guess that might be a tad childish sorry). Now I understand not everyone has accounts, but still. I'd like some kind of showing, the more replies, views and like/dislikes I get are like, what helps me get more views in general. All of you default help with views though so that is appreciated.

Wow warpskipping so lame

Man you've gotten a lot of close calls so far, but this only means that the RNG will screw you over several times later on in the run

I have bad experiences with Port Warren.

It has come back a little as of recording up to ch 14

Edited by Jedi

Forgot to post this earlier, but here's where you have room for improvement (not to say what you already have is bad or anything but yeah). Honestly, I'd probably make similar mistakes if I was LPing so by going through your videos, it's totally going to help further my future LPing career through the roof!!!!

1) Have more consistent naming throughout your LP's. You're mostly pretty good about doing this, but when I see "Contra Series" it doesn't tell me anything other than that these are videos about Contra games. FE3 is probably recognizable as an LP TBH but I'd rename it to be more consistent w/what you had for FE6 (probably should just be "Let's Ironman FE3" unless you're playing on having two seperate playlists; contrary to popular belief, I can't read minds).

2) You should watch through your videos after you're done editing them (and double check on any factual things can't hurt, either). For me as a viewer rather than a content producer, I tend to enjoy content that's been more meticulously vetted because it shows that the person put a lot of effort into making them (even though your videos are obviously of higher quality than like half of the LP's on Youtube, still room for improvement on this front). You can't ever settle for "it's good enough", especially considering how competitive LPing is.

3) In the same vein, maybe have a more detailed description of what your run is going to be like, either in the first video description or in the playlist description. Doesn't have to be super long like Espinosa's, but it really does help to have something to go off of here. Also it helps when you're playing more obscure games and your audience may have no idea what the game you're playing is. Also to combine this with some other advice, never assume that your audience knows anything (even though you are LPing this and your audience is predominantly an FE fansite, I'm assuming you eventually want to go beyond SF as your target demographic and being more accessible and not making assumptions helps with that). You did a pretty good job explaining what an Ironman is, which is great, but you probably should have explained more about what FE3 is (I didn't immediately catch this so my bad, but that's because I kind of know a decent amount about FE3 already).

4) Raven said this before, but you really need to be more energetic. I dunno, hype yourself up somehow. Your current tone is more fitting for a more relaxed and informative playthrough, but you react like people when they're unboxing trading cards (this isn't a bad thing BTW, it's just the first thing that popped into my mind when I was writing this). If you're going to do live commentary and react in real time, you have to sound more excited because that is the reason people watch live commentary in the first place. Imagine how immersive it'd be if when you were watching one of your FE3 videos and someone makes a critical miss, you're exclaiming uh something and the audience is thinking YEAH THAT'S HOW I FELT FUCK MATTHIS.

5) Learn how to game Youtube's systems. I can't really help you much on this other than it's a thing that people do.

6) Generally when people do nuzlockes for Pokemon, they have some overlay so you can always tell what units they're using and which ones have died. Might be a way to make your ironman more interesting, especially for the older FE games where people of the same classes have identical sprites. You mentioned having something that tallied total units died throughout all of your runs, so maybe on one side you could have that and on the other units you're deploying for the chapter or something. I dunno, just food for thought.

Forgot to post this earlier, but here's where you have room for improvement (not to say what you already have is bad or anything but yeah). Honestly, I'd probably make similar mistakes if I was LPing so by going through your videos, it's totally going to help further my future LPing career through the roof!!!!

1) Have more consistent naming throughout your LP's. You're mostly pretty good about doing this, but when I see "Contra Series" it doesn't tell me anything other than that these are videos about Contra games. FE3 is probably recognizable as an LP TBH but I'd rename it to be more consistent w/what you had for FE6 (probably should just be "Let's Ironman FE3" unless you're playing on having two seperate playlists; contrary to popular belief, I can't read minds).

2) You should watch through your videos after you're done editing them (and double check on any factual things can't hurt, either). For me as a viewer rather than a content producer, I tend to enjoy content that's been more meticulously vetted because it shows that the person put a lot of effort into making them (even though your videos are obviously of higher quality than like half of the LP's on Youtube, still room for improvement on this front). You can't ever settle for "it's good enough", especially considering how competitive LPing is.

3) In the same vein, maybe have a more detailed description of what your run is going to be like, either in the first video description or in the playlist description. Doesn't have to be super long like Espinosa's, but it really does help to have something to go off of here. Also it helps when you're playing more obscure games and your audience may have no idea what the game you're playing is. Also to combine this with some other advice, never assume that your audience knows anything (even though you are LPing this and your audience is predominantly an FE fansite, I'm assuming you eventually want to go beyond SF as your target demographic and being more accessible and not making assumptions helps with that). You did a pretty good job explaining what an Ironman is, which is great, but you probably should have explained more about what FE3 is (I didn't immediately catch this so my bad, but that's because I kind of know a decent amount about FE3 already).

4) Raven said this before, but you really need to be more energetic. I dunno, hype yourself up somehow. Your current tone is more fitting for a more relaxed and informative playthrough, but you react like people when they're unboxing trading cards (this isn't a bad thing BTW, it's just the first thing that popped into my mind when I was writing this). If you're going to do live commentary and react in real time, you have to sound more excited because that is the reason people watch live commentary in the first place. Imagine how immersive it'd be if when you were watching one of your FE3 videos and someone makes a critical miss, you're exclaiming uh something and the audience is thinking YEAH THAT'S HOW I FELT FUCK MATTHIS.

5) Learn how to game Youtube's systems. I can't really help you much on this other than it's a thing that people do.

6) Generally when people do nuzlockes for Pokemon, they have some overlay so you can always tell what units they're using and which ones have died. Might be a way to make your ironman more interesting, especially for the older FE games where people of the same classes have identical sprites. You mentioned having something that tallied total units died throughout all of your runs, so maybe on one side you could have that and on the other units you're deploying for the chapter or something. I dunno, just food for thought.

Oh wow, you put a bit of time into this, I appreciate it a lot really!

1. Yeah I do need to be alot more consistent >.> thanks for pointing that out, i'm editing those as we speak.

2. Big problem of mine actually, needed it pointed out to me though, I have a bad tendancy to be a perfectionist so i'm always afraid in the editing process of getting so nitpicky that I want to just redo the entire thing, which goes against how FE3 is working right now anyways.

3. I guess I didn't explain too much about FE3 itself, whoops. I at least remember comparing how it works to later FE's so I guess thats at least something, but more is needed in the future.

4. You know its weird, i'm usually a bit more energetic when i'm not recording, when I'm recording I feel like I put pressure on myself to not burst out into stupid sounds or anything. Or get super annoying/excited, so thats probably why I sound more laid back, something I gotta work on for sure.

5. I need to ask Damian more about gaming the system, I know at least more about the general tagging, although it doesn't seem to be helping too much.

6. Oh man, an overlay sounds good. I'll try it when I get to Book 2, honestly I like consistency more than anything else in a singular run so I'll probably start more with general suggestions when I get to Book 2 and other games beyond this one.

Mir's BOOM HEADSHOT count: 24! (Give or take; also need to check out 4 and 5) (Also 1 enemy crit, but they don't count)

Also, quality AI there, not attacking an exposed bow user.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia

Also, quality AI there, not attacking an exposed bow user.

The Ai is really funky, although maybe thats because they changed it from 1, which was "Is Marth in range?" -> "Yes? Attack Marth" -> "No? Hit whomever"

The Ai is really funky, although maybe thats because they changed it from 1, which was "Is Marth in range?" -> "Yes? Attack Marth" -> "No? Hit whomever"

The AI in 1 is kinda like the AI in Pokemon Red and Blue.

The Pokemon is weak to Electric? Uses Thunder Wave, even if the Pokemon already has a status effect.

The AI in 1 is kinda like the AI in Pokemon Red and Blue.

The Pokemon is weak to Electric? Uses Thunder Wave, even if the Pokemon already has a status effect.

Hahaha yeah. Gen 1 Pokemon be cray, but I love it for all its brokeness nowadays.

Also Chapter 8 is now up

Edited by Jedi

Yo! I'm late but hope this helps!

Like Raven and Refa said, try to be more energetic.Its tough when it is just one person, but if you sound more lively it'll get the watchers hype and wanting more.

When it comes to Youtube tags maybe add more? it should help more with searching results. You've been really consistent on when it comes to uploads so that's great.

Keep watching your vids after you're done recording them. If you ever feel the need to add, fix, change something, don't be afraid to do it!

You've been doing a great job so far and shown a lot of effort into making vids that both you and viewers can enjoy =)

As far as advice, others have already told you stuff, but you should probably try to be consistent on whether or not you do live commentary or post commentary. Both styles are a bit different but it's a little jarring to switch back and forth between them. If you were forced to do Post commentary for a few episodes, it isn't the biggest deal in the world, nor is trying to figure out which one you like better. Personally, I prefer live commentary because I have a more genuine reaction to things. It is easier to be caught off guard, rather than to act caught off guard.

Try to always have something to talk about. I usually write notes in order to remind me of what I want to talk about, but the thing I like to do the most is compare what I'm playing to something else in the series. It would be easy for you to make comparisons to FE1 and FE11. Like you could say things like "In FE 1 and 11, there was a character you can recruit named Wrys".

And last bit of advice, try watching your videos before uploading to see if you catch some mistakes. In a few videos you list growth rates, and in others you forget to do so. It's better to edit them all in, or have all of them listed in the description and mention the fact that you will have it listed in the description. On my first few videos I had them listed in the description, but I learned how to edit text into my video and decided to list them in the video itself.

And this kind of goes for everything, if you make mistakes, don't beat yourself up. Whether that is terms of gameplay, commentary, editing, or accidentally deleting your video files. Mistakes happen, and many people won't hold it against you

After chapter 9's error, everything 10 and after it will be super consistent, I'm glad people are pointing out the inconsistencies and thanks to it, Book 2 & Beyond will be so much better.

Small talk like mentioning people you could recruit in other games is a very good idea yeah. Thanks Dark.

Edited by Jedi

Due to an accidental deletion Chapter 9 is gone, so I had to briefly sum it up

To make up for this however, have Chapter 10 in full

Death Counter: 2. RIP Abel, he died to a crit... or something. Technical errors demand we do not know the true causes...

You know those mercs guarding the villages that George and Linda are at? Basically they charged at Abel and he struck one of them down then a friend of theirs crit Abel.

IT WAS SO SAD, I swear my commentary in ch 10 isn't bitter about that :P:

Edited by Jedi

You know those mercs guarding the villages that George and Linda are at? Basically they chargedAabel and he struck one of them down then a friend of theirs crit Abel.

Damn. That sucks.

How many BH's were in chapter 9?

Posted · Hidden by eclipse, August 4, 2016 - No reason given
Hidden by eclipse, August 4, 2016 - No reason given

You know those mercs guarding the villages that George and Linda are at? Basically they chargedAabel and he struck one of them down then a friend of theirs crit Abel.

Damn. That sucks.

How many BH's were in chapter 9?

Oooooh gotcha. There honestly weren't that many crits aside from I think Marth getting 3 on the Hoodlums :P

Also I think I sound generally more "excited" and alive during ch 10, but I dno for sure.

Oooooh gotcha. There honestly weren't that many crits aside from I think Marth getting 3 on the Hoodlums :P

Also I think I sound generally more "excited" and alive during ch 10, but I dno for sure.

I guess those three you remember because Marth's rage awakened after seeing Abel struck down? Anyway, that makes 27. I like that there's a route that goes directly to the market, btw.

EDIT: After seeing the sped up chapter 7, 31 BOOM HEADSHOTS.

Edited by Levant Mir Celestia