Favorite playable character

Favorite characters  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your favorite playable character in the game?

• Itsuki Aoi
    • Tsubasa Oribe
    • Touma Akagi
    • Kiria Kurono
    • Eleonora Yumizuru
    • Mamori Minamoto
    • Yashiro Tsurugi

I think it's about time somebody made a topic like this.

Personally, I warmed up to Itsuki over time, mostly thanks to the flavor choices you could make, by either making him quite neutral or hilarious with his responses. As a unit, he is probably the best due to his variety of skills allowing him to fill any role, which I found necessary because it was generally a bad idea to assign a role to just a single character.

Edited by Taka-kun

It's pretty close between Kiria and Ellie for me since I like their looks and personalities, but Kiria wins for being a bit closer to my tastes in both departments(Labyrinth Rock is my favorite costume in the whole game) as well as serving me better in combat. Funnily enough their mirages are my least favorite of the bunch, though.

Edited by Ambling Falchion

Mamori. She's cute, got an interesting aesthetic, a likable personality, she's super-useful in battle, and neither of her outfits are crimes against good taste (which is literally the only reason why she beat out Yashiro and Kiria, between his Carnage and her regular outfits).

Are we talking personality or as a unit? Because Eleonora is probably my favorite character and Kiria is high up there as well. But as a unit, I found Mamori to be the most helpful, since she can take hits for the other characters and she does well as a tank. I also found Kiria to be useful as well, she seems to perform "The Labyrinth" almost every time I have her do an ice attack.

Kiria most definitely. While her character development wasn't that interesting, her base personality is solid. What sold me on her though was her battling style and consistency. Her magic is downright overpowered and proves light and dark attacks are useful (Naga!), among ice and healing too. And by consistency, I mean I appreciate that they kept her to singing most of the time as opposed to someone like Tsubasa who does literally everything and I start to wonder what she's supposed to be. Also I'm a big piece of tenor trash so having her mostly sing invokes my biases.

Honorable mention to Ellie because I ship her and Itskui so hard, and she's just overall a fun character.

It really depends on gameplay vs personality, Mamori slightly beats Ellie in terms of combat utlity for me, but I also really like Ellie storywise, she and Virion probably had my favourite dynamic storywise. Plenty of humerous moments but she also had a lot of heart. Her final side story was one of my favourites, not that Mamori didn't, but Ellie's felt more personal as cheesey as that probably sounds.

I really love both of them, the answer would likely change throughout the day but for now I'm going to say Ellie.

My favourite support character is without a doubt Tiki. I can't easily pick a favourite playable character, on the other hand.

I can't say if there's anyone I like particularly in terms of personality. Mamori is good, I guess, for being observant of what other people want. Itsuki is respectable too, if only because he goes to extreme length to fight for his friends. Really, I like everyone.

In gameplay terms, Ellie easily wins out because of her special performance that can take out all non-boss enemies at once. Excellent for item farming.

Edited by nocturnal YL

Difficult question. I like all the characters, both gameplay-wise and personality-wise.

If I have to choose one, I suppose I'll pick Yashiro, Myrmidon/Swordmaster are my favorite classes, The Hungry Man is up there with Raging Stampede among my favorite ad lib, and he is just cool all around.

I can probably come up with a lot more reasons for him and the other characters but it will only help to fuel my indecisiveness... so I'll leave it at that.

Yashiro for sure. Hero is my favorite class, and the fact that he can promote to one instantly makes him likable to me. I've always been the fan of the overly cool, perfect kind of characters, and he fits the role perfectly.

Kiria is my favourite. I enjoy her personality, her development, the fact that she's a powerful mage, her voice and tharja was the best mirage in the game imo since she was pretty funny.

Ellie was a close second. I originally hated her character but that changed during the cafe part of her first side story. When she mentioned how she was biracial and sticks out because of it I remember saying 'who gives a f*** that you're biracial'. This was said in annoyance to her mentioning it, but then I realised that this irritation that I'm feeling is probably how she feels just being seen as a biracial. Being able to 'connect' with her like that gave me a bigger understanding and appreciation for her character. Not to mention her design is attractive and virion is my second favourite mirage in the game.

Kiria most definitely. While her character development wasn't that interesting, her base personality is solid. What sold me on her though was her battling style and consistency. Her magic is downright overpowered and proves light and dark attacks are useful (Naga!), among ice and healing too. And by consistency, I mean I appreciate that they kept her to singing most of the time as opposed to someone like Tsubasa who does literally everything and I start to wonder what she's supposed to be. Also I'm a big piece of tenor trash so having her mostly sing invokes my biases.

Oh, do tell. I still think light and dark attacks are useless unless I fight giants that can be easily charmed.

Oh, do tell. I still think light and dark attacks are useless unless I fight giants that can be easily charmed.

That's pretty unsurprising considering that these moves don't trigger sessions or have any ad-libs attached, but they've got interesting uses. For example, if you want to land a session but attacks that your other members follow up with are resisted, repeled, or drained, using a super effective light/dark move will probably be a better choice due to their inherently higher base damage, thus negating the downside of launching a session that would eventually heal back some of the damage you just laid on (because geez Touma could you use something other than fire for once?!). Also these elements contain the syphoning spells for both hp and ep so it's a nice alternative to healing if you want to continue dealing damage. Just get creative and you might surprise yourself. It certainly doesn't replace the other attacks but it does have good utility.

That's pretty unsurprising considering that these moves don't trigger sessions or have any ad-libs attached, but they've got interesting uses. For example, if you want to land a session but attacks that your other members follow up with are resisted, repeled, or drained, using a super effective light/dark move will probably be a better choice due to their inherently higher base damage, thus negating the downside of launching a session that would eventually heal back some of the damage you just laid on (because geez Touma could you use something other than fire for once?!). Also these elements contain the syphoning spells for both hp and ep so it's a nice alternative to healing if you want to continue dealing damage. Just get creative and you might surprise yourself. It certainly doesn't replace the other attacks but it does have good utility.

I also only use them to inflict ailments as well (for some reasons, my Kiria's ailments hit very rarely, even on weak enemies... on the other hand, Sexy Dance has been pretty reliable). Flux is decent early game when Kiria joins because it really does a lot of damage, but later, I think that it's preferable to try to hit another weakness, just for the Session. Althought I've seen many people telling that Naga is pretty good, I suppose having Dragon effectiveness may help, but it probably still can't trigger a Session since nothing can session from a Spirit spell (Kiria's high magic stat combined with the high power base of the spell may be enough to offset that, but Session is usually more beneficial in my opinion).

I don't think that SP draining spells are as worth it than in other SMT/Persona games, since you can Traport and pretty quickly get back to where you were thanks to the teleporters. HP draining spells seem even less useful, but I may be wrong since I haven't tried them.

So... they are fine, mainly for the ailments (Charm, Confuse and Seal, maybe Sleep if you are able to hit with Lullaby Song) I think, which are surprisingly useful, compared to the SMT/Persona games I've played where these spells are useless (if I've been missing something, please enlighten me).

Sexy Charm is pretty good, especially on Tsubasa who can trigger Sessions on charmed enemies, no matter affinity. Otherwise, the offensive non-Session skills (like Megido) can be useful on Kiria (with her high base damage) but it's been situational for me. If there was a skill that could Seal enemies as reliable as Itsuki's ad-lib Black Chorus, I would definitely go for it.

I might want to change my strategies since when the enemies hit ailments on my party, I am in a world of hurt.

No hesitation on this one: Yashiro. It was love at first sight. I just like everything about him. Beautiful chara design, good personnality, he is calm and fits perfectly to the role of "best of the best". I really like his skills, (thinking abt the Blobs as savage enemies lvl 81, it was ridiculously easy to defeat them with just Yashiro's counter ability), I like his weapons and ad-libs (the Hungry Man is hilarious btw), +myrmidon/swordmasters have always been the kind of units I prefer in FE (with magic units as close second). The Hero class suits him perfectly, Navarre and him make a really good pair (unfortunately I was not very fond of the mask of the swordmaster class). Too bad we recruit him so late in the story, besides it quite saddened me when I realized he gets only 2 new carnages with each one of his advanced class unlike the others who get 3.
Anyway, Yashiro is the best^^ although, I must say I also REALLY like Touma for many reasons as well, but I'll stop here.

I've come to really like Itsuki and his expressions when you choose certain options. As for battle, I'd say it'd have to be Tsubasa mostly because I love the healing options though I also have a flier bias in FE games.

• 3 weeks later...

The Myrmidon/Swordmaster class is my favorite class in all of Fire Emblem, I've recently got Yashiro on my party and he quickly became my favorite character of the already superb cast of this game. Counter makes him a great tank and in combination with Mamori the team will be bulky as hell, plus I like his cool and collected attitude and his perfectionist side. And his battle animations are cool, Yashiro takes the cake for damn sure. And I've only gotten him recently so it'll only get better from here on in. I loved the hungry man performance he made that was funny as hell.

Edited by Rxmonste

• 1 month later...

Favorite Male(s): Yashiro and Touma

I loved Yashiro ever since I heard Black Rain and I knew from the very beginning that he's MY soulmate. :Lilina: Also, because of his serious and loner personality, I find him relatable. Also, my favorite class of all time is swordmaster. His sidequests are also some of my favorites, ESPECIALLY the first one. :t:

Touma: I love him too so much!!! He is such a great friend that he doesn't mind being a third wheel to Itsuki and Tsubasa. His moments are usually hilarious and I love each and every one of them. His serious moments and his backstory definitely left an impact on me (especially in his third sidequest).

Favorite Female(s): Kiria

I also find her relatable and I love magic way TOO much. Her cute moments are absolutely AMAZING and her interactions with her mirage Tharja in her third sidequest is one of my favorite mirage and master moments. Also I love her daily casual outfit and her carnage form outfit (especially the eye patch and the pigtails).

Honorable Mention: Eleonora (Ellie)

I absolutely love her sidequests and her carnage form outfit however, her tsundere moments usually annoys me.

Wow, I never answered this topic. Shame on me!

For me, it's Kiria/Touma. The end result will be a world of pain. I turned Itsuki into a utility/healer thing, to support them.