A Co-Op Pokemon X/Y Wonderlocke/Cagelocke !!!

I'm looking for a partner for a Pokemon X/Y Wonderlocke/Cagelocke, we can talk through kik or Skype by text or voice chat I don't mind lol there are videos on YouTube by Adrive so you can get an idea of them if your not familiar.

We can make a thread and to put our progress in at the very least

If you don't got Xor Y I own ORAS as well,

We can go either just 1 vs 1 or if enough people are interested, 4 person free for all so that would mean two cage matches every gym which would be really fun

The Cagelocke follows the three classic Nuzlocke rules:

only the first Pokemon on each route may be captured, all Pokemon must be nicknamed, and if a Pokemon faints it is considered dead

. No held items or TMs can be used throughout the playthrough.

After each Gym badge is recieved, both players will anonymously choose a Pokemon to enter "the cage," a one on one online Pokémon battle with the levels set to 50 between the two chosen Pokemon.

The losing Pokemon is considered dead, while the winning Pokemon receives benefits. No single Pokemon may enter "the cage" more than twice.

A Pokemon that wins a cage match will receive one of three benefits (player's choice):

- The ability to have TM moves

- The ability to hold an item (including Mega Stones)

- One free revival (revival only qualifies for the Pokemon that won the cage match)

Catching & Trading

You may only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in each new area you explore. Fail to catch it and you get nothing for the area. (Rule doesn't apply until the player first obtain Pokeballs) Whenever you obtain a new Pokémon, you must wonder trade it off for a random new Pokémon.

- Dupes Clause: If you obtain a duplicate Pokémon from Wonder Trade, you may wonder trade it back off. This does NOT apply to normal captures.

(- If you gain a pokemon that is too high leveled and won't listen to you, you may wonder trade it back off.

I'll explain how we're gonna do this: if we're playing X and Y and we have one badge, our max lv we can get from Wonderlocke would be lv30, and etc..

If one of your Pokemon faints, it is considered dead and needs to be released or permanently put into the PC.

Pokémon given to you by NPC's count as free Wonderlocke trades and must be immediately wonder traded.

Sorry for the wall of text if you got any questions pm me in really open minded to challenges lol

Participants:

1.SilverCrusader

2.TrueEm

CageLocke Winners:

Bug Badge:SilverCrusader's Linoone - TM Usage

Edited by SilverCrusader

I can jump in with XY. I love doing Nuzlockes and Nuzlocke variants. XY is one I haven't done extensive amounts of Nuzlockes in, but I've done enough to know how surprisingly challenging it can be.

Also, definitely Dupes Clause and High Level from WT. Knowing WT, you'd end up with tons of Zigzagoons, Fletchlings and Bunnelbys.

A Pokemon that wins a cage match will receive one of three benefits (player's choice):

- The ability to have TM moves

- The ability to hold an item (including Mega Stones)

- One free revival (revival only qualifies for the Pokemon that won the cage match)

So if the Pokemon dies at some point after the match, you can revive it?

Also, one more thing; would we use Shiny Clause?

2. How do I PM?

Yea the revival does seem to go against the spirit of a nuzlocke so I'm gonna take it off, I just copy-pasted official rules haha

And yea shiny clause ; if you find one u can keep it, choose to have it replace a poke if you got a dupes, BUT if it can't obey you, you can't use it until you get the badge

Sound good to you ??

Yea the revival does seem to go against the spirit of a nuzlocke so I'm gonna take it off, I just copy-pasted official rules haha

And yea shiny clause ; if you find one u can keep it, choose to have it replace a poke if you got a dupes, BUT if it can't obey you, you can't use it until you get the badge

Sound good to you ??

Sound good! I actually haven't heard of a Cagelocke, although I know ADrive, and I actually really like the idea.

By the way, Skype is fine with me for communication. I don't have anything else, but I could probably be flexible and use something else that's better if needed.

EDIT: When it says the Ability to use TM moves and Held items, does it mean freely use them, or just once.

Edited by TrueEm

We can just use the forums that's how I usually do drafts here

Waaaay easier lol

Wanna start right now then? We wonder trade our starter when we get pokeballs

Edit:only the Pokemon that wins the Cagelocke can hold items but we can use potions all we want.

Edited by SilverCrusader

We can just use the forums that's how I usually do drafts here

Waaaay easier lol

Wanna start right now then? We wonder trade our starter when we get pokeballs

Yeah, sure. Also, I honestly don't know how to PM on Serene's. I've never had to or been told how.

What time is it for you, because it's almost 9:30 for me currently. I can go until probably 12 until I think I need to take a shower and go to sleep

Edited by TrueEm

It's 9:26 for me

And just post in this thread bro

Ima start right now I'll post when I catch my first poke

We gotta play at the same time pretty much cause of the cage matches being after every gym

Also a 6. Vs 6 after the elite four determines the winner

Edited by SilverCrusader

It's 9:26 for me

And just post in this thread bro

Ima start right now I'll post when I catch my first poke

Oh :p.

West Coast REPRESENT!

Lemme actually fire up Y. I also need to reset my file.

How to PM:

1. Hover over the recipient's name.

2. Click Send Message.

3. If you want more text options, click Use Full Editor. This will open the PM in another window.

"I know who I want to PM, but can't find a post they made":

1. Click on the envelope on the upper right of the screen (all the way at the top, above the banner).

2. Click on Compose New.

3. Type in who you want to send your PM to. If it's someone who goes through a lot of name changes, you'll need to type in whatever they're called now.

Hope this helps~! Have fun you two~!

Yea I also got Y lol

I think Ima pick chespin just cause haha gonna name him Kekfa

Heh, I'm still in the opening.

EDIT: Picked Chespin as well. Named him Nutshack.

Edited by TrueEm

Also exp share is off unless we're grinding on wild Pokemon for exp

And my chespin is a female oh well lol

Lel Fefka. And yeah, I never use the EXP Share normally unless grinding anyways.

Also, are we going to train whatever Pokemon we get from WT (From the route 2 pkmn) up to Chespin's level first? That's what I see people do normally.

Yea they usually use rare candies its on you if you want to raise them up

But obviously since we got two pokes yea we have to pretty much lol

Well, I don't have rare candies, so yeah nope. Gotta do it the old fashion way!

Remember it's a nuzlocke so if u KO the wild poke your screwed lol

Edit: sorry for the double post

Its fine. Also I know :P.

Caught the mandatory Pidgey. Ready to WT.

You should check out aDrives videos he did one recently with munching orange a month ago

With Mo? Cool. I mostly know him from his twitch streams, although I think I may be subbed to him?

I traded in my chespin and caterpie Silky for:

My starter

Lv 13 voltorb

Lonely nature

Spark

Eerie impulse

Screech

Rollout

Lv 2 zigzagoon

Gentle nature

Tackle

Growl

I'm gonna update with my forest catch and trade when I get it also the level they stop obeying is 15 I think maybe 20 but I'm not 100% on it

Update:training zigzagoon before entering the forest haven't even fought the youngster npc trainer yet

Edited by SilverCrusader

Both were people from South Korea weirdly enough.

Nvm one was from Taiwan oops.

Pidgebert -> Pansear Lv 4

Brave Nature

Normal Level-Up moves.

Nutshack -> Ralts (Korean name) Lv 1

Jolly Nature

-Shadow Sneak
-Destiny Bond
-Mean Look
-Skill Swap

FEMALE

Also in a Moon Ball <3

I'm gonna update with my forest catch and trade when I get it also the level they stop obeying is 15 I think maybe 20 but I'm not 100% on it

It's 20.

Currently training Pansear to 6 and Ralts to 5. Haven't even done the catching tutorial.

Edited by TrueEm

Ooh nice female is good screw shadow sneak lol Bob Marley the zigzagoon is lv 4 now

Yeah Gardevoir is good, but its Jolly. Special Attack- Speed+

Also Ralts is going to Lv 6 for Confusion.

Edited by TrueEm

Yea that kinda sucks I'd use it though I don't really care about nature that much in nuzlocke I agree it matters though

Edit: also we do our first cage match right after we get our badge, we don't get a chance to grind hoping for new moves or some thing like that

Edited by SilverCrusader